(2012/01) Jan 2012

Hi mummies, long time no 'chat' saw your post on income verse staying home to care for young... i had recently rejoin my ex-coy when i learn about their morning shift working arrangement. No doubt, it's tough having to sacrifice some sleep, it will help being able to care for bb while having income. Shift work will also meant i need only take half-day if he's sick and unable to go school while my hubby takes over before / after his normal working hours (depend on your shift arrangement) So another option for your consideration or though choice of job scope might be different / limited.

Sigh, moral of the story, it's really not easy raising a family in SG..... my main worry is not being able to find a job after stopping work for 1-2yrs coz I'm in IT line, lagi fast kana obsolete.. Sigh!! I also keep complaining hb how come I never marry a rich guy instead. Hahah!

Medory, my mum also taught my boy to call her "Mah-mah". Boh bian lo. So teach him call me "mummy" lo. the way he calls me sounds more like "money". Hahah.

Jac,
Lol.....then when ur boy call u will be money come ...hee...never mind maybe that will bring u money luck
happy.gif

Bianz...
Hmmm how early u start work?

jac, if it's my mum i won't be so pek chek hahaha....my gal calls me more like ah-mee..

bianz..what time does your kid go to bed? or your hb will accompany your bb while you go to bed earlier? really pei fu...waking up so early is not my thing muahaha...

Any mummy know how long do we need to cook macaroni before it is soft enough for toddler ah? I didn't get the timing right the first time round. I remember I took forever to cook. Hahahaha

valteen, can soak before u cook, it's easier to get it soft...i also don't really know the timing, so i always just end up eating to try haha

ya jingles, heard the news too..hope the wind change direction and won't come back..otherwise our kids will have to be quarantined at home again..

btw, there's a young parents toddler seminar, any mummies going?

Wao! Can't believe it has been one and a half years since our little ones came into our lives heh. Now super active running here and there. Need to think of ways to entertain her.
Placed my girl in childcare but my mother frowned on that, keep nagging saying childcare not conducive for kids at such a young age. Haiz..

Dekora
Then ur mother got offer u to help take care? If dun wan ccc, then someone have to look after lo. News just came out, abused of two boys by nanny. Lots of abuse kids case surfacing

Dekora
Then ur mother got offer u to help take care? If dun wan ccc, then someone have to look after lo. News just came out, abused of two boys by nanny. Lots of abuse kids case surfacing

mummies...which nite diaper brand do your bb use now?

can it last till the next morning?
do u make it a point to change bb's diaper even when bb is sleeping soundly in the middle of the nite?

Jingles: she did offer and we tried but my mother ended up feeling agitated and started to show "colours" to my other family members; until my husband and myself also feel bad. It is really not easy to look after a little one and still manage the household. That's y we decided ccc but then the nagging starts again.
As a ftwm, I also wish to zoom home but the tons of work in the office and nowadays meeting expectations not enough but innovate and also have new things then counted as working haiz

Jkids, I'm using pampers active baby at night. Can last whole night for my boy. No need to change middle of the night.

Dekora, understand what u mean. Nowadays can't be too bothered abt performance. Avg performance rating good enuff. Else will be too overwhelmed with work & home.

Morning all,

Reading ur sharing as ftwm makes me worried to go back to workforce now....new workplace, new boss, and thinkin also if my gal can cope with ccc. It does not look right if one juz started new job and gotta take urgent leave here n there also......

But then I find living cost increases a lot in the past 1.5yrs. Last time didnt really notice coz I seldom cook as me and hubby were working. Now then I cook more and buy more groceries, can feel the price increase loh... Even milk powder increases a lot.......

So I guess we r all in the same boat, living in a modern world with a complex challenge..... :-(

Sidetrack a bit, can give me some ideas what to feed our toddler for bfast now? My gal is no longer interested in those soft cereal type.

jkids
i am still using merries..so far i find this brand closest to cloth material..most comfy. My mom kept suggesting to change alternative.. not sure cos of the price or she thinks others more absorbent..but i tell her no la..cos my DD has been using Merries long time, so far nothing wrong...so better stick to it.

dekora
ya..i totally understand...i think i most probably going to go thru the same phase when my dear girl starts ccc..but well, who knows better other than ourselves, we also got to put up so call with their "ventilation and frustration" when we put our bb there, even though its our OWN MOM looking after. Haiz..its like this..its always putting things on a weighing scale.

You put kids in ccc, scared HFMD, scared kids being bullied...

Put kids in IL or own parents place, also have to give in to their frustration.

Dont work and look after yourself, got to worry about pocket.

Put a maid to look after or a nanny, you worry about abused case or worse still afraid that out of frustration, she dumped your kid out of the window.

Seriously...its very very difficult to be a working mother now. We got to please the company, please the baby caregiver, please your baby, please your husband, please everyone..sometimes we just forget to please ourselves!! LOL

Well I guess you just pick the one which you think its the best path bah...since ccc's path choose liao, then just shut off your mom's nagging lo...no point explaining or quarreling with her..sometimes when i face such situation i also shut off, then i will just talk to my girl and wait to go home :p

hahahhaaaa no matter what, i told myself i am very lucky..no matter what nonsense I have to face up to, i have my own home. no need to see parents or PIL funky attitude :p

delphina
I give my girl all sorts of breakfast..
bread, all kinds..
cake
scrambled eggs
pancakes
honey stars (but i think its too hard, she dont like)
noodles
fried carrot cake
chee cheong fun
dim sum

re: nite diapers
i have been using pureen premium and mammy poko. though they never leak out, buts its always heavy by morning.

valteen...i use petpet for day, nite time it dun last for my bb. my bb will wake up a few times at nite to drink water, not sure if its to do with it. i juz bought merries, 1st time bought but have not open to try, coz got discount, now is $22 instead of $26.

jac: i always change my mind about pampers after looking at the price.. but if its really good, then i will wait still got discount then grab...

so u all switch bb to pants liao? mine still using diapers.

re: mum's temper
long time ago, i oso had to put up wif my mum's tempers. she has to cook for whole family, do housework and look after my elder kids. so it came to a pt i decided to put them in ccc. that time, it was an impulsive decision, ha.

re: breakfast
breakfast, i only give mine milk and bread leh, no variety, lol.
jingles...your ger eats so much variety huh...hehe

delphina...its true...milk powder increase a lot over the past few yrs
sad.gif
when mine hit 2, i may switch brand liao.

re: career
any mummy here who has a career? carrer as in, its more than juz a job. u are in a high position, earn good, and always got extra hands to help u look after bb....eg u dun have to worry about rushing home to fetch bb or look after bb when they are sick coz there is always the extra hands to help.

coz it seems that a no of mummies here have their own constaints, trying to have a balance.

jkids
lol..yes my mom also has a temper..haiz tats why i didnt have exactly a good childhood with her
sad.gif

lol at least i made up my mind and try my best to be as close as possible with my girl...sometimes when the small cracks happened in the beginning and you dont take care to repair it, it becomes bigger and reaches a point of no return...

well same here, she has her own expectation running her house...though its only now she and my dad. I told her many times, got to lower down her expectations...eg she still hand washes the clothes before dumping into the machine which something I told her its not necessary as both she and my dad's clothes are not labourers and clothes wont be that dirty to wash ultra clean...I am just afraid if she dont lower down now, when she gets older, will be very difficult for her...
anyway, knowing her expectations, i have minimize everything possible for her. Get her a parttime helper to do house work (though she grumbles and say that the cleaner is not that clean), do all the food groceries for her over the weekend (so that she can purely enjoy her weekend and no need to go grocery and carry heavy staff). No matter how I do, I know she will have her comments, but I told myself, never mind its just a phase and it will end soon
happy.gif

Frankly I am just thankful, that she is willing to look after my daughter..so I just shut off her grumbles and complaints....and I know deep in her heart she loves my girl la..so just listen to the good stuff bah..

yup yup...my girl enjoys..cos sometimes when we eat, she also want to try..so in a way we get to know what is her favourite food la...her all time favourite dish now is Udon. Haaahahaaa which is good cos mommy favourite cuisine is Japanese
happy.gif

Career...I had thrown my career long time out of the window already... :p tats why I total switch field and be a small fly now :p
erm i think most "active" mommies here no career lei..most of them just took it as a job...cos most of them will just dump it aside when bb is sick, immunisation and all...kekekee

Jingles: hahaha agree with your analysis of modern working mummies. Hv to consider everyone but yourself. Just met my exboss yday for the last appraisal. Sigh though she say the absences she can understand, etc, etc but the fact is work productivity falls becos of my absences! So, indirectly its still my absences that is being faulted! No?

Jkids: hahaha could be the night drinking. Day time gal in mamypoko pants. Quite good i thought but one nite i forgot to chang to petpet before she slp, middle of night, almost flood! Hahaha

Mummies, are all ccc open only halfday on 7 aug? Sigh gotto take half day again.

For my gal's bfast, other than bread, i do sometimes give chee cheong fun, steam egg cake, steam mantou. Yah once also gave her the carrot cake in piece form.

My gal is allergic to cow milk protein so her food also pretty limited. Ccc ask us to bring her own bfast and tea break. Sigh keep giving her same thing i also sian.
sad.gif

Also cos i read lots of negative things abt soy milk i now also try to give her alternatives, eg oat milk which is quite ex. I just have both so she can have an alternative to soy.

Jkids, I stock up on pampers when got promo. Usually abt $36++ for 2 pkts of 50pcs (XL size). Cheaper than merries & mummy poko if I'm not wrong... I use a mix of diapers & pants. Pants for outings, easier to change, no need to lie down.

Delphina, my boy takes bread (most often), french toast, pancakes, scramble eggs, baby bites, breakfast cereals (cornflakes etc) for breakfast.

I also find milk powder prices increasing a lot over the past year! Really ridiculous! Prices shldnt increase this much due to inflation & even if they're trying to promote breast feeding. My boy is still on enfa. Everytime tempted to switch brand when looking at the price tag. But don't know should anot as he's doing very well on enfa & he loves his milk.

Jac, tell me about it, my gal drinks Similac and recently, they dunno add what inside, change a bit of colour, n that costs me more haiz..

Valteen, can try goat's milk for your gal as well?

Medory, allergist say to avoid cow and goat milk cos same make up. Gal will do a prick test next mth to see how the allergy goes.

Crossing my fingers

When we have a child, everything also worries us. Think more sleepless night when she grows older.

Career: now I tell myself, whatever I can do, I will do but I know my priorities unless u have very supportive hubby ($), good childcare arrangement else trying to balance all is sooo difficult.

anyone heard about this below? saw it from a buyer's thread...

SMH Forum will be migrating their existing forum to a new forum
software. This affects all SMH forum. During the migration, there will
be no access to the forum.

All Forum Closes : 26 July 2013 (Friday) 10:00pm
Estimated Forum Reopen : 29 July 2013 (Monday) 10:00am

valteen
is like this de lo...garment said still encourage us to give birth..they dont know, though we never kana the extreme measure of kana sack, but we were penalised for going on 3 months maternity lo..i mean no point giving us 3 months and then come back we got to face such unfair comments in our appraisal....

noodles - i buy beehoon soup or udon. I also cooked pumpkin noodles and meesua for her...

jac
milk powder is sensitive lei..if he likes his milk better not change..if change he dun like and dun drink, lagi more prob

dekora
thats why the phrase - 养儿一百岁,长忧九十九.
once we are mothers, we will worry nonstop..its a ceaseless job..I guess till the day we are no longer around.

jkids
closing ah...hmm wah then those organising BP duno affected or not..close over the weekend then will affect their sales..duno if SMH will refund the $50 bo ><

Hi, anyone you know keen to do permanent part time Admin?
Suitable for SAHM who wants a break from kids & home.
Work location: Very near Haw Par Villa Mrt station.
Time: 12pm to 5pm daily
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Per hour Rate: $7 per hour
Per hour Rate: $10 per hour (after 3 months probation)
Kindly call/sms: 90675437

yesyes :)
no la..i think there is some swap with username and login ID lei..

this format is so silly...everytime i first open this forum, i was wondering who still expecting?!??!?!
cos the first page is like aeons ago???
should put the latest message first marrr..

yep yep. jac here. showing login ID instead of username.

maybe can feedback to moderator to show latest post first. everytime need select the last page to view latest post very ma fan.

taken from dumex singapore Facebook:

4 August 2013
PRODUCT RECALL
FONTERRA INGREDIENT CONTAMINATION PROMPTS RECALL
Fonterra informed Danone Dumex that one of their ingredients had a potential quality issue. This information indicated that the ingredient supplied to us and in some of our products packed in Malaysia may have been contaminated.
For this reason, Danone Dumex is initiating a precautionary recall in Singapore on the following product:
-Product: Mamil Gold PreciNutri™ Step 2 (After 6 Months Follow-up Formula)
Product Pack size: 900g
Batch number (please see bottom of the product tins): FGMG2RG0900TNSG29 06043R1
Expiry Date: 4 June 2015
-Product: Mamil Gold PreciNutri™ Step 2 (After 6 Months Follow-up Formula)
Product Pack size: 1.6kg
Batch number (please see bottom of the product tins): FGMG2RG1600TNSG29 06053R1
Expiry Date: 5 June 2015
Please do not consume this product with the above detailed batch numbers. If you have been using this product with the above batch numbers and your child shows any sign of illness, please contact your health care professional as a precautionary measure.
The safety of our consumers is our primary concern. There have been no reports of any illness linked to the consumption of this product.
Danone Dumex’s quality and food safety management system includes rigorous testing procedures of our finished products. None of the products tested and sold in Singapore indicate any contamination. However, given the information supplied by Fonterra, we are initiating a precautionary recall on the above detailed product.
This recall affects only the batches detailed above, sold in Singapore.
The recall does not include other batches of the same product, or other products by Danone Dumex.
If consumers have recently purchased the product with the batch numbers detailed above (please see bottom of the product tins), please contact the Customer Careline1800 265 3188 / [email protected] for a full refund or exchange.
Danone Dumex remains committed to providing food of the highest quality and integrity, and we are doing everything we can and providing as much information and support as possible.
Contact for parents and carers:
Customer Careline 1800 265 3188 /[email protected]

Back