(2012/01) Jan 2012

been away for a week fr formum and tio shock when i here. i still prefer the simple layout. yah, they should show latest post ha.
so far never heard enfalac is affected, hope not. almoz wanted to switch to mamil gold at some pt but never...

long weekend is coming but it also means the lunar july mth is here. try to avoid having kids stay out late ok...

anyone having problen trying to change password? :( it keeps saying i key in the wrong password...but tis password is given by them leh

anyone having problen trying to change password? :( it keeps saying i key in the wrong password...but tis password is given by them leh
PM me the password you want to use and we'll update for you.
been away for a week fr formum and tio shock when i here. i still prefer the simple layout. yah, they should show latest post ha...
To see the last message, click the time and date of post at the "Last Message" column, which is the right most column.

forum-last-message.png

hi chinleng, thanks for the explanation, but I think the mummies meant the last post in the thread rather than in the board. Cos for now we keep having to click on page 127 of this thread to see the latest post.

hey mummies, been a loong while since I posted on this thread. am pregnant with #2, so have been dealing with a monster, morning sickness and lethargy. How do you mummies with more than two kids handle it?? any tips and advice for this newbie here?

hi chinleng, thanks for the explanation, but I think the mummies meant the last post in the thread rather than in the board. Cos for now we keep having to click on page 127 of this thread to see the latest post.
Hi enitsuj1104, I was referring to the last post in the thread. :)

Click on this link: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/forums/year-2012-mums.14/

You'll see the time and date stamp on the right most column. Click on it and it'll bring you to the last post. ;)

wahhh thats scary...u mean the administrator really monitor our every posting??? arbo how come they know we are talking about them when we post in this forum!! :p

hmmm mommies any good venues to suggest for birthday venues?
think got to brain storm venues soon.....

enitsuj
congratulations hur :)

hey mummies, been a loong while since I posted on this thread. am pregnant with #2, so have been dealing with a monster, morning sickness and lethargy. How do you mummies with more than two kids handle it?? any tips and advice for this newbie here?

congrats!!!

i am wondering the same thing. that's y still don't dare try for #2 when I can't even handle my #1. but age is catching up with me. sigh.

wahhh thats scary...u mean the administrator really monitor our every posting??? arbo how come they know we are talking about them when we post in this forum!! :p

enitsuj
congratulations hur :)
Yes... we are watching you... :p

No lah, just happened to chance upon this thread and saw some of the postings related to forum migration. :cool:

hmm is more for kids or adults? If for kids, can consider those indoor playgrounds? Parents can have a break whilst the kids go mad. hehe.

congrats!!!

i am wondering the same thing. that's y still don't dare try for #2 when I can't even handle my #1. but age is catching up with me. sigh.

you don't say man. I'm only 31 but I can feel it in my bones. haha. Find it harder with this pregnancy. And with this fella running around whenever he can, now I still can chase. Can't imagine how I am going to chase when I am in late 2nd trimester onwards. Still..better to chop chop curry pok have the kids and then enjoy! haha

hmm is more for kids or adults? If for kids, can consider those indoor playgrounds? Parents can have a break whilst the kids go mad. hehe.

its more for my dd...
i think the only places i can think of are like GGB and Polliwogs

you don't say man. I'm only 31 but I can feel it in my bones. haha. Find it harder with this pregnancy. And with this fella running around whenever he can, now I still can chase. Can't imagine how I am going to chase when I am in late 2nd trimester onwards. Still..better to chop chop curry pok have the kids and then enjoy! haha
haaa...think i am the oldest folk here....for me i scared i cant cope and #2 i think i cannot siam already...got to test for the amniotic fluid test....that one i also scared lei.

chillipadi, how old are you? I went for amnio for #1 cos my son was considered high risk. It was quite scary for me cos hubby din't get a chance to accompany me plus the gynae who did it was damn aloof lor. But it was quite ok, very fast procedure and just have to be careful for next few days, take it easy. Not painful.

Hmm re:birthday venues, heard Happy Willow not bad also, tho at damn ulu place like Fusionopolis. If not, try the Rochester Park area. Seb's got kids playhouse but serve adult food n kids food. Or Graze for morning brunch. Last time I went there, the whole place got booked out for wedding. Can try that place?

Enitsuj: congrats! I am tempted to hv number 2 but no time no mood to plan and make bb hahaha.

Chillipadi: i cld well be the oldest here wor! :p

Jingles, u gonna plan a big birthday party for ur dd's 2nd birthday? Tot usually ppl juz celebrate 1st mth & 1st birthday nia. Or am I behind times??? Hmm... Initially tot no need party, juz buy a small cake to share with own immediate family can liao.. But my boy juz came back with 2 birthday goodies bags from his cc over the past mth.. Seems like its a norm to celebrate birthday in cc & buy goodies bags for ALL the cc kids.. & my hb was juz telling me his colleague juz did the same (buy cake & goodies bags for ALL the classmate) for her primary sch daughter's birthday (primary school also??!!) & told him its a must to do it.. Is it really a norm & must to buy goodies bags for all the cc kids/classmates now??? Which parent started this trend??!! Sigh.. Guess I muz start planning leave & shopping for goodies bags stuff soon................

but I still cannot see the last post for this particular thread leh. is chin leng referring to the threads from the main forum page?

how come I dun receive any notifications when u all post? did I miss out something in configurating? :( how did u all do it?

Enitsuj: congrats

will more family end up with juz one child? sometimes the more u think u cannot cope with no2 or no3, the more u drag to have. once u come to the bridge it will become straight. I oso had my fair share of stories but I pulled thro for 1/1/2 yrs!

how old is "old" huh? 35? 40? 45? most mums here should be early 30s? :)

A good Sunday to all mummies! Holidays fly by so fast Leh..

Enituj: wow congrats! They say yr #1 can feel #2 so will tend to b a little more playful.. Brave la, my girl is already taking up all my free time, how to manage or split time if got #2? But I agree, #1 is too lonely without a didi or mei mei.

I was wondering why recently no emails on posts to this forum... Today then found out about this migration.. Anyone succeeded in getting updates via email like before? Working time doesn't allow chit chat luxury here Leh..

Jac: i thought MFS only celebrate with the student's own class or level will do?
Last year i celebrated for my elder girl in sch since not doing anything for her birthday. Her sch wants us to provide cake for whole sch and if want to distribute goodies bags, have to be whole sch...about 106 kids leh..so in the end i kept the goodies bag and brought a 4 kg cake there.
Now she kept bugging me that she wants to give her friends presents (i think she meant goodie bags)..:S anyway it's a bad trend..end up eating lots of cakes, titbits...all fall sick..LOL.
for your son, i think no need to celebrate in sch yet ba..still don't know/ remember at 2 years old..i don't intend to celebrate my son's 2nd birthday...just with family members will do.

jac,
not a big party la... just need a venue other than my house...u know right, our house so small...invite so many ple also sian..imagine got to clean up..i wan faint liao.

valteen
ya...i also v tired lei, look after one, already v taxing.
still got to work the next day..plus my spouse is always travelling and all, so responsibility of looking after is always me..if not toggle between my parents and me..i am not sure how everyone is gg to react (other than adding another playmate for #1) if i got #2...cos that means repeating the craziness all over again...

Jingles, u gonna plan a big birthday party for ur dd's 2nd birthday? Tot usually ppl juz celebrate 1st mth & 1st birthday nia. Or am I behind times??? Hmm... Initially tot no need party, juz buy a small cake to share with own immediate family can liao.. But my boy juz came back with 2 birthday goodies bags from his cc over the past mth.. Seems like its a norm to celebrate birthday in cc & buy goodies bags for ALL the cc kids.. & my hb was juz telling me his colleague juz did the same (buy cake & goodies bags for ALL the classmate) for her primary sch daughter's birthday (primary school also??!!) & told him its a must to do it.. Is it really a norm & must to buy goodies bags for all the cc kids/classmates now??? Which parent started this trend??!! Sigh.. Guess I muz start planning leave & shopping for goodies bags stuff soon................

primary school also have to give goodie bags??? yar, who started that trend ah?? man, like this, my kid haven't even go to school I have to start budgeting for all these stuff. My time only give during kindergarten and at least tidbits were super cheap then. haha.

but I still cannot see the last post for this particular thread leh. is chin leng referring to the threads from the main forum page?

how come I dun receive any notifications when u all post? did I miss out something in configurating? :( how did u all do it?

I also dun get email notifications like before. So very hard to follow the thread these days. You have to click on the date & time stamp on the main forum page to get to this last page.

actually these days starting to stress out about handling two kids. my son is more active and always running around the house. Dreading the days when I will be too pregnant to be able to go out and gotta stay home to entertain him. I enjoy my time with him as a SAHM but sometimes..just abit overkill. Haha.

Jac: i thought MFS only celebrate with the student's own class or level will do?
Last year i celebrated for my elder girl in sch since not doing anything for her birthday. Her sch wants us to provide cake for whole sch and if want to distribute goodies bags, have to be whole sch...about 106 kids leh..so in the end i kept the goodies bag and brought a 4 kg cake there.
Now she kept bugging me that she wants to give her friends presents (i think she meant goodie bags)..:S anyway it's a bad trend..end up eating lots of cakes, titbits...all fall sick..LOL.
for your son, i think no need to celebrate in sch yet ba..still don't know/ remember at 2 years old..i don't intend to celebrate my son's 2nd birthday...just with family members will do.

moscato, my boy's toddler class/level only got 5 kids.. so far the goodie bags he received are from the playgroup class/level.. so maybe muz give ALL kids? I don't dare ask leh, ask liao never do abit paiseh. hahah. but yah, I also agree 2yo won't remember anything. that's y still wondering shld celebrate in sch anot, somemore his actual bday is on a Saturday, so won't be in sch. heehee.

jac,
not a big party la... just need a venue other than my house...u know right, our house so small...invite so many ple also sian..imagine got to clean up..i wan faint liao.

jingles, u inviting many ppl? extended family? alot of kids? coz those indoor playground venues usually got min # of kids?

primary school also have to give goodie bags??? yar, who started that trend ah?? man, like this, my kid haven't even go to school I have to start budgeting for all these stuff. My time only give during kindergarten and at least tidbits were super cheap then. haha.

I also dun get email notifications like before. So very hard to follow the thread these days. You have to click on the date & time stamp on the main forum page to get to this last page.

actually these days starting to stress out about handling two kids. my son is more active and always running around the house. Dreading the days when I will be too pregnant to be able to go out and gotta stay home to entertain him. I enjoy my time with him as a SAHM but sometimes..just abit overkill. Haha.

enitsuj, jiayou! think positive! u can do it! like what jkids say "cross the bridge when we come to it". :) the rest of us juz got no guts. :p

jac
ya......i see how bah ...if gg to book venue, will be inviting her friends from GUG and some of my friends and their kids...see how....just toying with the idea..haaa who knows later on lazy also wont invite liao..so see how.

enitsuj,
jiayou hur......bridge will auto become straight when hits the point :)

wat a good day to sleep in!!!!!
how i wish i am sleeping in with my girl now ...urgh!

re: goodie bags
its quite common to give goodie bags(candies and stationary items) to classmates or even bring a cake to celebrate with class in school. i collected quite a handful of stationaries and till now, still cannot finishing using all. think can last my kids till upper pri sch. some parents r very generous, keke.

then i always like to receive crackers in their goodies bags. I sure keep those for myself to eat hehe.

pri sch 's kids still give goodies bags but less common. like my boy just want to give to his best friends...

re: birthday celebrations in cc

Jac, no need to paiseh la..just enquire only..haha..
my son even receive goodie bags (twice i think) from the cc kids when he was in ifc...haha..

jkids, i hate those goodies bags lor...got to hide the titbits & sweets from my ger..:p
in the beginning still young, cant remember or ask..
then she will remember & ask for them..worse, reach home immediately open & eat..

my colleagues said if they are to operate a cc, they will set policy that no bday celebrations in sch..lol
my elder ger's sch principal told us during orientation...they ENCOURAGE us to celebrate..parents no need to be there..can just send food there..-.-
now want us to give every kid goodie bags cos kids will compare...ask why they don't have...*faint*

hi mummies..wana check whether has your bb's bone on top of the head fuse together totally already?
mine still left like a slightly bigger than 50cents, should i worry?

jingles..i find icr quite systematic esp for pre-sch. but from pri sch, the assessement are the usual ones fr noraml tution centre but more diffcult.

I heard good reviews of icr. but I went to enquire b4. think the earliest they take in is 2 or 3yo, & they focus more on "communication" in the early stage? can't quite remember. anyway my conclusion was that not very helpful to start so early, will probably consider when my boy is ard 4yo ba.

hi mummies..wana check whether has your bb's bone on top of the head fuse together totally already?
mine still left like a slightly bigger than 50cents, should i worry?

jkids, I tot shld be fuse for some time liao? can't quite see since my boy haven't been cutting hair for quite some time liao. better bring to pd/doc if u r worried. I read that eating egg yolk, milk, etc helps.

jac...I asked during the last jab he had recently. doc said review at 2 again....
some read some info online. it said some up to 2 yrs old then fully fuse. will monitor...

Hello mummies! so quiet nowadays. Hope everything is fine for u & bb!

Btw, any of ur bbs took the MMRV booster already? Will bb be more likely to get fever? Or same? Or less? My boy gonna take his booster this fri @ 21mths. Soooo worried. :(

Hello Jac.... I just loggin here after sometime not active..... the thread is really quiet.. like the page never move... :-(

My gal hasn't taken the booster. In fact, she just took the MMR vaccine recently at 18 months. No fever luckily....... but she had fever when she took the 5-in-1 booster recently. Strange huh? Previously, all the previous 5-in-1 or 6-in-1, she never had any fever. Only the booster one..... I think different kids got different reaction to the vaccine and also depends on the body condition at the point of vaccine time.... If you hv concern, maybe you make sure that he is really in fit condition... At least, that would help his body to react to the vaccine.

How r the rest of mums and tots doing ?
Does any of your kid join any classes now ? My girl seems to be a bit bored at home, so maybe I gotta to look for some activities for her. Like those weekly basis one. Do you think swimming is suitable for their age group ?

hi delphina!! nice to hear from u!! :) my boy had fever when he take the 5-in-1/6-in-1, but didn't when having the booster. he had mild fever after the mmrv too. i'm hoping that he will be fine with the booster... ur gal started cc liao? or still look after by ur MIL? my boy hasn't started any enrichment classes yet.. very ex & time-consuming leh.. sometimes feel like a bad/slack mummy..

Hi mummies! Been so quiet here for the past few months...

Everyone busy with the little ones' terrible twos?

Recently my daughter has been very sticky to my helper...like every night will ask for her, and even wants to sleep in my helper's room...she even cried last night when my helper walked away for a while..
A bit worrying that she might be too close to her now...

HI mummies,
Been a while...how is everyone....? Been busy busy like a bee with searching for new supplier for my business and Frozen fever....

Suddenly every kid is singing to the Frozen song even my sons...lol, took me a while to think if I should bring in the items..lol

Back