(2012/01) Jan 2012

Lush-put cotton balls into lukewarm water and sqeeuze it damp to clean Bb's eyes. Remember use a clean cotton ball for each wipe.
happy.gif

Jac-for the 1st few days, Bb will tend to feel very sleepy and difficult to breastfeed Bb cos they are in sleepy mode.. Need to wake them up by touching their fingers, rub their chest or back, my last resort touch my Bb soles cos he's scared of tickles.. Lol.. Keep trying 1st few days no much supply.. But it's gd to latch Bb cos it stimulates the milk supply

happy 2012 to all mummies...
It has been a hectic 2 wks for me and hub..thank god hub took 2 wks leave to help out..else i think i will die.. he going back to work soon..i need to learn how to handle my boy alone at night..

My mum doing confinment for me but then she also need to take care of my nephew so i trying as much as possible not to tired her out..

My mum's generation dont really believe in BF..formula is the way to go during her times and she is still puzzled why my hub and i are soo into breast feeding..pumping and latching..make ourselves soo tired..just give formula and baby will wake up for feed every 3 hrs..very easy to handle..no need to pump also then i get to rest enough..

keep my fingers cross that i will cope well when hub goes back to work this coming tues..

Hi ladies, hope I'm not too late to join in. I'm 36 wks cing to 37, edd 25 jan. This is my 2nd boy... Anyone delivering in NUH?
Anyway Happy New Year ;)

Happy 2012!!

Same as some of u here... Super tired cos of nite feeds! My bb feeds are ~3hrs.. Luckily hubby also on leave since I deliver till now.

Poseidon, my case is similar to urs. My mum helping me, but taking care of my bb is so far still hubby and I. My bb dun latch so when I pump, hubby still help to feed. Will nd my mum's help when hubby return to work.

Hi Wendy, for the fish tail papaya soup, my mum said any type of fish is fine...

having severe water retention now, feet & arms also painful.. think due to the c-sect op.. any advice on how to relieve the water retention?

Jac: I had bad swelling on my legs after i was discharged from hosp. I was also worried. But they disappeared after abt a week.

Jac my wAter retention gone in 1 week after delivery.. Took ginger and red date tea.. Every meal I will perspire.. And there goes the water retention

thanks valteen & lyn! will eat more ginger & red dates tea.

is it ok to drink plain water? read that breastfeeding muz drink more water, but mum says plain water causes water retention. is it true?

Yah jac,

My mum also mentioned that drinking plain water will cause water retention during confinement....

Juz take Ginger n red dates tea bah.

jac
when you are bf, you should drink more fluids, but can be in any form. If you are following confinement practices, just take more red dates tea and soup. Must drink at least 2-3L a day. You need to drink enough fluid to make enough milk
happy.gif

Hi, can anyone share recipe for red date tea? I found a simple one online that says to soak the red dates in warm water overnight, wondering if that will make the dates lose it's nutrients to the water instead. Thanks

My water retention gone after 1 wk... Mum make red dates longan drink for me during the day but I still take warm plain water during the mid of night when I am up expressing milk... Need lots of water...I think as long as it is not cold... It is okie lah....

hello mommies! haven't posted for some time...been busy for year end closing and it's finally over! hehe..

I've scheduled for csect delivery on 9th Jan as bb is still not head down so chances of him turning is slim le. Today I am at 38weeks + 1day. Now hoping baby will stay in my tummy till csect day and not come out earlier if not it'd be emergency csect and very expensive ahhh...

anyone knows what kinds of pots and pans needed for confinement cooking ah? i only have a non-stick pan and a non-stick pot..dunno enough or not...need claypot?

then need pail? I only have 1 big red colour pail which i intend to use for herb-bathing... need more pails?

starting to panic lor...dunno if i got everything ready or not.. haha.. and now too big and tired to buy things le... haizzz.. and water retention is very bad..my feet swollen like pig trotters! haha~~

hi poseidon,

yup got CL..she gave me herbs to buy but didnt tell me what utensils she needs...hehe.. prob will ask her then. If not then will ask hubs to buy when she is here and realised i have nothing!! Hehehee..

happy new year to all mummies! Any new babies these 2 days? Seems pretty quiet..
happy.gif

Im in my 39weeks already and baby still shows no sign of coming out on her own... Going to see gynae again on Wed. I think I'll schedule an induction this weekend already since I'll be 40 weeks.. Dont want to wait too long as I'm afraid baby will be too big to come out. A week ago, she's already 3.2kg...

It's so warm these few days.. I cant imagine not showering leh... for those mummies who have given birth, are you religiously avoiding showering? ;p

those who are bf, i think u muz eat ginger n DOM in moderation ... those strict ones will not drink water at all :p only use water to rinse mouth if thirsty...but not easy loh to follow such strict rules...

lush:
bb find comfort inside, tsktsk. yr bb's big. last time, i showered, except hair maybe alt days. juz dun catch a cold or let fan blow directly onto you esp your hair.

vanessa:
will your CL go marketing, or your family will buy the food for her to cook? do u also have slow cooker at home, if not, 1 pot for red dates, 1 pot for fish soup at least? maybe u need a wok also...easier to cook vege/fish? did you choose a good date for your c section or just suit both u and gynae's timing?

lush
most babies will usually deliver between 39-41 weeks. If your gynae is agreeable, why don't you try to wait? I've heard of so many cases where induction fails and result in emergency c-sect...

jkids
i heard from lactation consultants that it's ok to eat ginger even if you are bf. for DOM, you can add to cooking and let the alcohol boil away. if you are bf, you must take lots of fluids. if no fluid goes in, no fluid will come out :p if you are avoiding plain water, can take longan/red date tea, ginger tea or even milo.

jkids: think my family will buy the food for her to cook. i have a small slow cooker...i dunt have wok but have a medium sized non-stick frying pan... if she needs others then will need to buy le.... csect we asked shifu to choose date for us lo...now hoping bb dunt come out sooner than the scheduled date!
happy.gif

Vanessa, will need more pails. I have one for mopping floor, one for herbal bath, one specially to soak baby clothes, one for our own clothes. One baby bath tub, another big face basin to rinse baby off cos i dun like the idea of residual soap on baby, even though i'm using non-rinse top to toe baby wash.

And if you are expecting CL to boil herbal water for you to bath, may need to buy a cheap big pot. Else will have to boil a number of rounds to get sufficient amt of water to bath

Hi Bianz,I will be encapsulating my placenta. Some of my friends thought it was gross, but I am quite comfortable with tt as I used to take sheep placenta prior pregnancy. ;)

Lush, i only clean myself with herbal water on the first week of confinement. 2nd wk onwards I bath with herbal bath and wash hair on alternate days. I thk I cannot dun bath cos keep perspiring... And the hair stinks lor.

morning to all mummy and happy new years. congrats to all mummy and the bb. i would like to share my massage lady whice i found her from this forum, she has highly recomended from this forum , she has been done greats massage for me and my bb. her name jenny this is her number 83305461, maybe new mummy need massage for reduce water retention of couse for relaxed after giving birth, have greats day for all.

wah birdbrain, that is alot of pails! hehe.. hmm then shall ask hubby to buy a couple more i guess
happy.gif
Thanks!

SQin: I also think i cannot tahan not bathing leh..i wash hair everyday one..how to not wash for 2 weeks! *faint*

Hi Lush,
I am oni in week 36.5 and bb already 3.2kg hence doc want me to go on diet...cut down on carbo and fatty foods...hehehe...U are 38.5weeks and bb 3.2kg is ok lah...

I've been sponging myself with hot water twice a day & using dry shampoo for my hair for the past few days at home.. don't dare to bathe coz of the water retention.. mum & relatives keep on nagging me that my water retention is coz i drank plain water & wash my hands with tap water while in hospital.. sigh.. water retention seems to be getting better after i started drinking longan red date tea (still got drink alittle plain water at nite), wear long pants, wear slippers in hse, etc etc etc.. so troublesome.. :p

btw I'm on day 7 now.. mum say minimally cannot bathe & wash hair for 2 wks.. sigh..

jac: my feet oso swell after i deliver #1..ppl say its due to me showering after delivery..but after the massage by the massage lady..it go down in abt 1 wk..

My mum was telling me to wash hands need to mix a bit of rice wine inside the warm water then can use...cos the tap water would cause the 'wind' to enter our body...

Anyway the general rule is not to touch tap water or drink plain water lor according to old people
sad.gif

I showered everyday during my confinement, also do normal washing, brushing and cleaning pump parts, milk bottles etc. No water retention. I think it partly has to do with genetics. THankfully I never got any water retention during or after pregnancy for #1. #2 so far so good. No water retention so far.

The sad part is that means all the weight gain are just baby and the rest are fats on me =p not due to water

Hmm.. I shower everyday also. Still got to bathe baby and wash bottles and accessories, change diapers etc.. Definitely need to touch water. But no signs of water retention. But I do experience pain in my finger joints. Not sure was it due to touching water or not
sad.gif

Btw, is it normal to still have lochia bleeding after 2 weeks?

Hi mummies, i delivered 11Dec and am almost finishing confinement. But to my dismay, i am still 10kg heavier than pre-pregnancy. Lost about 10kg only. Yes, i did the no-no things like washing hands using tap water, shower/wash hair (though with da fong cao). I had jamu massage for 5 days and i think it did help with shrinking my tummy. Thinking of trying out ginger cream and self massage =(

Hi mummies,
may i know those who are encapsulating their placenta, which co. are you guys going to do it? Is it inthewomb?

Anyone giving birth in kk? My edd is on 20 jan and feeling so anxious when ill popped.

Hi welen, I be getting heavenly health store instead of in the womb, as the latter charges a surcharge for collection of placenta on weekends and Ph.

I heard that some tcm does it as well and you may want to check out with them. I did not check with the tcm as there are no tcm ard my neighbourhood.

My mum comes over to my house daily to help me with confinement. Pai say to get her to wash the breast pumps cos she is already helping with all the housework including washing husband, children and my clothes. I also wash my hands very often with soap, before touching baby and after changing diapers. So very hard not to touch water.

Catherine, my baby is now 3 weeks old. I'm still having light lochia. Using panty liners now and not maternity pads.

Catherine (thiasy)
For #1, i had finger joint pain and some numbness in my third finger. Went to see sinseh, said it's cos wrist is quite frequently bent at an angle when carrying baby. It went off after she did a quick accupunture

I already have numbness in my ring finger and wrist. I havent delivered yet, so i thought is due to water retention..

I cannot imagine not showering leh. My house is very stuffy and hot (cos I get very strong morning sun). Quite worried abt confinement now.. Somemore with locia etc.. Wouldnt I be very smelly? :p eekkks... Hmmm how to sleep on the bed? Do you put any plastic sheets on your bed each time you sleep?

Jingles, u delivered yet?

Echo, ya.. I was thinking of waiting too, but am afraid about the size of the bb. If she grows bigger, I wouldnt be able to deliver naturally too? My friend just delivered a few days back. She was in labour for 20hrs and she said the pain was not bearable as the epidural wore off already. In the end she had to do emer C. Her bb was 3.7kg.

Duno leh.. So scary either way!!

Lush: weather v hot.. Plus lochia, really hard not to shower leh.. Must keep the stitches clean, or else will get infection leh... No need to put plastic sheet cos just like normal menses flow. Can use normal pads.

Think after confinement, I will go and find sinseh to do accupunture on my fingers.. Difficulty in bending my fingers.

Girltradster: i so far completed 5 sessions of jamu massage. Still got 5 sessions to go. My waist reduce 6 inches.. Still got 6 inch more to cut. Weight wise only drop 6kg.. Jialat.. Another 9kg to go... Just bought bioessense inchloss cream. Will apply after my confinement over.
happy.gif

catherine:
how to clean the bottom wound? with clean water or antiseptic lotion after every big/small biz? i forgot...too long ago liao...

lush:
u looking for jingles huh? duno y she didnt come here for a long time liao...

anyone baby's is in OP position now? I am currently at 37th week coming 38 weeks (EDD 23 Jan 2012) but bb still in OP position and my gynae suggested cz as natural will lead to long labour and might ultimately b em cz....

wanna ask those mommies with maids...my maid's coming next week le..so i'm wondering if you have a time table for her daily duties? can share?

Thanks
happy.gif

I use warm water to clean the wound, then use antiseptic solution to disinfect.

So all of you into breastfeeding right? How much u give ur baby each feed? Hmm.. I give my 2 weeks old baby 80ml every 3 hr.. Not sure whether too little or not. Jialat.. After my mother keep using bottle to feed him, he dun know how to latch on my breast Liao
sad.gif

Back