(2012/01) Jan 2012

i wun b going to universal studio liao, haha. the past few days i feel more heavier to walk, and juz wana sleep wenever i can. my house also in a mess, have not packed hosp bag though i set up the bb bed n wash the clothes oredi. then my taste bud also not 100% return, so every meal is a drag, sometimes i juz go hungry for a while coz i duno want to eat! still have many things to do...

yi chin:
gd news!

1. those mummies who gone thro c section, do u need to wear binder the whole day? how to bath huh?

2. i duno what its called, but we sometimes develop this green vein behind our legs...other than the old ones that follow me fr the previous pregnancies, i realise i have some new ones, though not as bad. is it common mothers have it? do u have it?

Jkids, try to rest more & raise up yr legs whenever u can. Mine is office job & I get to rest my legs on a small stool all the time. So my vv is not so bad. On d other hand, my sister is a teacher and have to stand all the time. So she gets very bad vv during her pregnancies. My mum who had a hard time raising 3 kids have the worst vv, so she never wear skirt after giving birth to us.

Am now doing some readings at Starbucks while waiting for hubby to finish work at 5pm
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,
Congrats to those who have given birth! Hang in there with the bfeeding. I'm week 35 now, not due till near CNY, still have so many things to do and to buy. Also haven't packed my hospital bag. These few days keep raining, waiting for a good day to wash the bb clothes.

I'm just wondering, for mummies who plan to bf and express, how many bottles/ milk bags do you standby beforehand? Not sure if I should stock up now.

jkids, I don't have varicose veins, but have these blue-black looking marks on my hips, very ugly. They also don't look like stretchmarks as they are quite dark in colour like a bruise, do any other mummies also have this?

Grace,
I have that kind of blue-black marks on my thighs..my guess is because of the pressure on our legs that caused it...

for mummies delivering during CNY, did anyone read that the actual dragon year only starts from 4th Feb, so all babies born before that still considered under the sign of rabbit..supposed to be dragon only after 'li chun'

Yes..I have those blue black marks too... Not really bothered by them..
I gave up on tbf liao... Supply cannot meet demand.. I still latch him on and off during the day and expressed out regularly during day n night... If not enough ebm then fm liao... I now only scare his jaundice level goes back... Need to make sure he drinks well...

Jkids, I tried wearing the binder during my first caesarean, didn't help to relief the pain and feel uncomfortable, so I didn't wear it for this caesarean. The kkh nurses encouraged me to wear but when they saw me walking, they stopped.

The caesarean dressing needs to be kept dry until the day the nurse instruct u to remove it, so I sponge bath mainly. But when hair gets really smelly, I used a thick towel to cover the dressing, sit on a stool in bathroom and get husband to wash my hair with the 大风草 boiled water, with head tilted back. Quite difficult and painful. I've removed my dressing a few days back, now can shower properly with the 大风草.
happy.gif

I also have varicose veins leh, cos my work involves a lot of walking and standing. Next time if got money, can go plastic surgery to remove them.
happy.gif

Grace, I got about 5 milk bottles cos need to pass at least 3 bottles of ebm per day to infant care if baby drinks 4 hourly by 3 to 4 months.

Milk bags, I got about 2 boxes of blue egg milk bag from the smh bp, not enough can order online again.

Poseidon, wow! Ur boy's milk intake so much! How often is he feeding now? My girl small drinker, so need to feed 2 hourly. Very tired.

bianz,
ya...but when MIL knows about it like disappointed cos not exactly a dragon year bb keke...

poseidon,
i heard that jaundice in new-born can be due to insufficient supply that caused dehydration? you have tried your best, if not enough then just mix bah, don't stress yourself out
happy.gif

Bianz, got from the Chinese medicine shop. 富华 also have. It's like packets of herbs, smells a bit like 凉茶. Or u can ask the uncle for 作月时冲凉用的药材, they may have some other brands.

The packaging will tell u how many small 'tea bags' to use. Just boil in water and shower with the water. By right should boil a very big pot of water with the herb, cool down then bathe. But I play cheat, boil in small pot then add tap water in a pail. Cos no big pot at home and will be real heavy to carry to bathroom.

Hi Medory,
likewise for my MIL, but my hubby say tat recently there's some chinese newspaper articles tat say tis coming Rabbit's tail bb hv good career prospect for being doctors & prof, so mayb can console her with tat =p

hi mummies, juz went see gynae again this morn.. decided to go ahead to induce (exactly 38w today).. checking-in Mt A tonight at 1130pm & hopefully will be ready to push tmr morn.. super kanjiong & scared now.. arraagghhrr.. wish me luck!!!

Hi Jac,
All the best for u, btw when u say check-in @ 1130pm, u will only admin after 12mn right, else will be charge tonite & tomorrow =p

Jac... Jia you!!!
Yi chin... My boy normally cry for milk every 3 hr plus.. I heard from tmc nurses that normally boys drink more than girls...
Yah I also heard that one thing abt janundice babies are that they need to be drink enough..

thanks bianz, medory & poseidon!
happy.gif

bianz, gynae say reach hospital ard 1130pm, they'll only charge for tmr.. probably half hr earlier they r ok ba.. take awhile to process the admission as well..

One question for experience mummy... How long can I keep leftover ebm that my boy did not finish?? So wasteful to throw away.. can I put back into the fridge and mixed together with ebm for next feed?

oh.. want to ask u mummies, how much is ur baby drinking for each feed? Now i only giving my boy 60ml of breastmilk, cos i read the from the formula milk tin that each feed is 60ml. But my supply is more.. pump each time can have 150ml now (super engorged!!). So dunnoe if i can feed him more? His feed is 4 hourly...

Jac: all the best and wishing you a smooth delivery!! you will get to see bb soon so just focus on that!! so excited for you!!

These are what I did
1. Use those formula glass bottle filled with warm water to massage the breast... Really hard. To clear blocked ducts.
2. Need to pump ~3 hourly but I always too lazy to follow
3. Drink fish tail Papaya soup, I thk got help a bit lar cos I drank once and now flow is sufficient so I stopped.

Jac, all the best!

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350
- Tiny Love Musical Mobile $65
- 3 tins of Similac Mum (exp Oct'13), $12 each (*$30 if taking all 3 tins)
- Lamaze Spin & Explore Garden Gym @ $15
- Lamaze Gardenbug Foot Finder & Wrist Rattle Set @ $10

Kindly PM me if keen/ for pics, thanks!
happy.gif

Jac, have a smooth delivery, jia you
happy.gif

Hubby n me went for chilli crab at Jumbo to enjoy ourselves before bb's arrival. My mum allows me to eat crab, let bb be heng-xing-ba-dao in future ;). But mum gotta be prepared, cos she's d one to care for my gal in future ;)

hi sqin~ may i know what type of fish u sed in the soup?
My bb gal EDD is on the 9th Jan, first time mommy here.. intend to breast feed my bb too, but so far i think my breast still same size as before i got preggy.. haha, so hope i can get enough milk for my bb when she is out

Between, I come across this website called 123cha. It calculates 笔画for chinese names to see whether it is a lucky name. But it has some sleazy pop up ads at the side, so what I did was to key it the Chinese name I want for my bb first (including surname) followed by123cha in goggle search engine. It's interesting coz my fil n hubby brainstorming bb's Chinese name n I use the website to support the names i like n kick out those I dun agree, haha
happy.gif

morn mommies!

Jac: How are you coping? everything ok? share your birth story yah!
happy.gif

was wondering if I should standby a packet of the Sacred tea that is said to increase milk supply.. I'm worried no milk for bb leh... 1 packet is $38 that can last for 7-10 days..sold by Origins Jamu in SMH BP.. any mommies bought this?

Hi good morning mommies, seem quite a few mummies have delivered since i last log in!

Jac Jiayou! Share with us the experience ok!

The early Jan mommies are also getting excited I hope...can see your precious baby soon! This is the final lap....really can't wait to pop cos its getting harder to carry and can't really sleep at night due to the frequent visits to the toilet!

Let us all jiayou together! Wishing all Jan mommies an early Happy New Year!!!

hi mummies, juz delivered this morn 1.15am via emer c-sect coz of fetal distress.. haven't even started on the induction yet & bb's heartbeat went down then shot up twice.. so gynae ordered emer c-sect.. umbilical cord was ard his arm & neck so suspected he might have accidentally compress the cord thus leading to lack of oxygen & decrease in heartbeat.. feeling very disappointed that can't have natural birth, but glad that everything is fine now & bb is a healthy 3.2kg.. but the c-sect wound is really damn painful!! havent start on breastfeeding yet coz of the pain & tiredness so ask the nurses to feed him some formula milk in the meantime.. hopefully can bf later on in the day..

hey Jac: 辛苦你了! glad to hear that u & bb are ok and healthy at a good weight!!
happy.gif
take care and rest well yah! eat more too!

Jac, congrats on the arrival of your little Prince. Have a good rest, hope your pain will subside soon, so that you get to enjoy more bonding time with your baby.

Congrats, Jac! It's gd to hear that both baby n mom r well! Rest first so tt u have the energy to take care of him later!

Bianz, I use a lot of shampoo and soap, but still have some of the herb smell. Tahan 1 month can already, then can have proper shower.
happy.gif

SQin, I latch on direct on one side, then pump the other side at the same time, cos baby can only drink 1 side before falling asleep again. Can pump about 60 to 80 ml each time, depending how long is the interval. So I guess my girl should be taking about 60 ml per feed.

Congrats jac!
happy.gif
don't worry, the pain will get better. Take care!

Poseidon, ebm can be kept at room temp for 2hr and in fridge for 2 days. If ur ebm storage time does not exceed the timing, should be able to keep until next feed. But better don't reuse a 3rd time, cos not good to warm and refrigerate, then warm again.

Jac congrats!
happy.gif
Am glad everything is ok. Was the induction a gynae recommendation or u wanted it?

Oh jingles, our EDDs are v close indeed hehehee. Went to see gynae this morning.. Am 38+weeks now. Bb is 3.2kg. She said everything looks normal, fluid looks normal, so I can jus continue to wait lor.. Zzzz..

2days ago, my nipple became quite red, I suspect was the montgomery gland that grew on my nipple (of all places!) that was clogged. I read online and 1 mummy suggested using te warm water from the shower head to dislodge it, it worked, the small swollen gland dropped off and there was a slight discharge, now ok already.. Phew, if not duno how to bf nx time.

Back