(2012/01) Jan 2012

Grace, dilation check is usually done nearer to edd bah. Mine was checked early only coz of early contractions. Dun worry n enjoy the last lap of ur pregnancy k
happy.gif
sometimes dun check too much is better coz at least u can keep bb in longer til 40 weeks .
happy.gif

Delphina
Ya in a way I am happy cos bb dnt need to fight with the dragons....bt either she is a rabbit or dragon bb. Most imp is she is healthy n happy bb.

I got kind of irritated n piss when ple visited me in the hospital, saying bb is gg to b the youngest in the lot. Hinting she is gg to lagging behind others. I was like grrrrrr....who are u to judge n who are u to make tis comment?! sian....i really hate bo liao ple making bo liao comments

Anyone blocking kpo relatives from visiting?

Hi jingles, dun b too upset by their comments. I am born on 31st dec as well. I would say that I had a little problem coping in p1 but managed to catch up frm p2 onwards. For me, i think the only bad thing abt being born on 31st dec is difficulty in finding ppl to celebrate my birthday; and everywhere will be supper crowded. Hahaha

Hi Mummies,

Maternity and Newborn Photography packages on promotion. Simply "like" my facebook page to be entitled for it! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Littlemissrabbit-photography/207704205926205

Maternity: $250 studio session, all photos returned in hires
Newborn: $280 home session, all photos returned in hires

Valid for first 10 mummies who sign up.

You can view more of my portfolio on www.littlemissrabbit.com or on facebook page.

Kindly email me for booking
Hongyin
[email protected]

Hi Jingles,Dont bother about what others say.
Being youngest have their privileges...and benefits... I am born on the last few days of dec as well and i really enjoy being pampered like i m forever youngest in the family and in school.....:>

jingles:
some pp are simply tackless, anyting also want to comment. i kena it a thousand times wif this pregnancy. anyway, i dun agree kids born at yr end will lag behind. like i said b4, in fact, the people ard me who are clever ones are almoz born after june
happy.gif

though i dun really enjoy *entertaining* visitors, i wun stop anyone fr visiting becoz i appreciate those who find time to visit despite their use schedule. unless u want to tell them u are very tired and only to visit u during the 1st mth. but i think its not too nice to turn down people who want to visit unless u have a super valid reason.

low plancenta:
anyone with low planceta but going ahead to try for natural birth?

toiletaries:
besides body wash and shampoo, actually wat else are in it? any cleanser?

valteen:
so have u c section oredi? are u/did u choose to do under LA or GA?

my gynae left it to me to decide yet he always frown wenever he scanned my placenta
sad.gif

valteen:
have u delivered? are u opting for GA or LA?

my gynae left it to me to decide yet wenever he scanned ...he would frown and asked me "u sure u want to try natural?". dma pissed. he was d one asking me to decide. he said 90% i could do it naturally...

Still watch and see and chances is quite good as it is now is near opening...still quite low...Hope next monday i have good news that i move up further...

Hi mummies, just wanna check what do CTG test tells us? Is it just to check for baby's heartbeat. I just went to see my gynae the day before and asked him what are the chances of early labour. He didnt seem to answer my quest. He just say the position is gd. Im already 38 wks and the baby is only 2.8. I heard the weight differs after we deliver. Im just worried baby is too small.

hello mommies,

anyone knows if there is a pantung rule that preggies cannot visit someone who just gave birth? my best friend wants to visit me when i deliver but she's pregnant and she had a hard time conceiving this baby so dunt want anything to happen to her just cos she come and visit....any idea anyone?

Welen: CTG tells us baby's heartbeat as well as whether we have any contractions or not. i'm in my 38th week and had some crampy feeling so doc put me on CTG to check baby's hearbeat as well as whether there are any regular contractions..if there is regular contractions then she would do and internal check to see if any dilation has occured...

as for bb's weight, the weight that gynae tells you is just a gauge, not 100% accurate. If you want to opt for natural delivery, easier for you to push out if bb not that big... babies plump up quite fast after they are out... so no worries on the weight part
happy.gif

Vanessa,
There's such a rule about this n my bestie also just gave birth..we didn't want to take the risk so we agreed not to visit each other
sad.gif

Hi Medory,

Thanks! So even during my confinement she is not able to come visit? so only 1st month party then she can come?

Vanessa,
Yup it's better that she comes only at the 1st month party
happy.gif
I suggest to her that we shall use face time instead keke..

what i was told is preggie cannot hold new born..so my friend who is preggie still visit me except she dont touch the baby.. reason being baby very petty will be jealous of another baby...

Vanessa,
i guess for peace of mind, just tahan until after confinement then visit? Cos i previously coincidentally miscarriage after visiting a relative and carrying the newborn. The lingering doubt that if it happened cos i went to visit is not an easy thing to live with.

Lush: i'm still waiting too..i will be in my 40 wk next wed. But bb not engaged yet. Very very slight contractions as per my CTG.
Hopefully bb decides to come out by EDD cos my gynae away from next thurs to sun...:S

welen:
2.8 kg is not small, quite a nice weight to push bb out
happy.gif
bb will gain weight n have double chin by 1st mth, dun worry.

vanessa:
i visited new borns when i was pregnant, except i din carry. it depends on comfortable level and own belief. but since your fren has diffcult conceving this bb, better tell her not to visit...a peace of mind for both of u.

Jkids,
Yes i hv delivered on 19 dec, earlier than planned. Under partial anaesthesia via epidural.

Did ur gynae tell u hw low is ur placenta? If itz low but not covering cervix, guess u probably hv a choice. For me gynae also always sigh cos mine v low and i think itz somehw covering part of cervix. There is no other way apart from csec. After delivery, gynae shared w me that my placenta was actually stucked to my womb abd he has to slowly separate them.

I wasnt also asked to choose between GA and epi. Jz before the op, i asked the anaesthetist, she said they usu use epi for csec unless dr has reasons to believe there is excessive bleeding, then they do full. But i guess every hosp or gynae has their own practice.

Jingles, just try to ignore others' comments. On a positive note, u get to finish ur confinement period before CNY and had been able to spend xmas/ny with your newborn. Dont worry about baby lagging behind coz kids catch up and learn things very fast..

As for me, I am still waiting for the big DAY!!!

Thanks guys...im getting so worried abd anxious for the big day too. Just hope that i will be able to tolerate the pain without epi.. Stress stree

valteen:
congrats! my gynae din say, so i believe its not covering the opening. but his expression always made me worried. yours under LA...so was it scary? do you feel d "pulling" fr your womb? what about pain and healing process? bearable?

Jkids
Thanks. Wasnt as scary as i tot. Cos after epidural i was also feeling a little drowsy already. Bb was out less than 10min after gynae came. Yes there was tugging. Not only feeling but i cld even see gynae's pushing my tummy v hard. My case was a little challenging cos placenta was stuck to womb, and if not done probably, they wld hv to remove the whole uterus. And I was bleeding quite a bit and almost required transfusion. Luckily things were ok subsequently.

To me, pain was quite ok except for first two days when u will need much effort to get in and out of bed, from sitting to standing position and vice versa. First 24 hrs u will be in bed. After that pls do make an effort to get out of bed and walk a bit. Though it is uncomfortable, do make an effort to do so.

I just visited the gynae today for my 36th week check..baby is at 2.5kg but EDD becomes later than what he first determined..hopefully i don't have to wait for too much longer, the pressure on my thigh joint is getting unbearable
sad.gif

Hi Melody, juz curious y will ur edd b later than expected? How they tell?

Hi mummies, can shed some light on epi, is it wats shown on tv where mums r given buttons to release drug as n when e pain is felt after inserting e epi needles? Or is given only a predetermine dose right from e start since some ppl mention abt drugs run out during birth... Or is it self-release but will limit dose in case risk of overdose? Got really confuse :p

hi mummies,
thanks so much for the reassuring words...haiz yes we jst cant stop ple from making comments we DNT wan hear. really bo bian.

jkids
I am under LA n deliver bb via epi too. tat means u can see hear n feel tugging pulling sensation.quite scary n unnerving. bt once, gynae retrieve bb out it was sweet bliss. I cried when all of them congratulate me in the OT. it was an emotional moment.
pain wise,.hurts like hell when u r getting up n down of bed. so simple things like sitting on toilet n getting up the bef u really need help. bt it should b ok once u eat the painkillers n have a supportive hub

Jingles
Indeed, itz really emo. Before i even knew they hv delivered my bb, i heard the first cry and i almost cried, though i was drowsy from the epi. Heard the next few cries but didnt knw wat was happening to the until nurse carried bb right in front of my face for me to give a light kiss, after they hv cleaned and wrapped her. Then she brought her out to my hubby. The moment was great.

I kept asking myself, omg is that my bb? I gv really given birth??

Hi Jingles, Valteen, thanks for sharing e experience, it's lovely... Definitely a Emi moment I can juz imagine tat I will b even more Emo n start crying long b4 e birth n juz pray tat by e time bb is out I can still c him thru my goldfish eyes... Lol... Cos even for movies I can cry buckets :p

Hee bianz, itz normal to hv that feeling. Treasure that moment. I was still worried if bb ok then and after nurse told me they were sending bb to the nursery first, i was relieved.

After that short meet up wif my bb at the OT, i din get to see her until abt 12 hrs later.

Medory - Hi5! We r having same gynae n my Wed visit also showed 36wk w bb 2.5kg date also shifted later to 4 Feb! I was like rolling my eyes! Asked him how high chance it will b later he said usually follow 1st date given. For my case #1 delivered on due date +1 day so #2 same or slightly earlier quite unlikely to b later than 1st EDD given! So tired n diff to find a comfortable sleeping position now better earlier!

Bianz - date shifts ard due to estimated size of bb calculated by the machine. Anyway the gynae will always stick to the first EDD given. If I recall correctly, epi is administered thru a tube to ur back and linked to a big syringe where the nurses can adjust the flow/volume into ur body. So u can ask to adjust it low to a comfortable level where u can feel contraction but not pain. It may run out if labour is long or higher volume is administered. My hubby told me my syringe is still quite full af I have delivered!

Hi hkbaby,
Thanks for e epi info, wish 2 b like uneither ample epi left juz scare 2 hv long labor n used up b4 delivery :p

I also juz had my scan yesterday wk36day4 n got a fright when doc say bb weighs 3.25kg taking into consideration tat his last measurement is 2.5kg @ wk33 n I only put on xtra 0.3kg hence while I gain 0.1kg per week he is gaining 0.25kg... Any tips 2 control his weigh trying not 2 deliver b4 my 31jan edd :p

Hi bianz, dun worry, they can replenish the epi drug when it is running low. My labour was 12hrs, so I used 2 tubes. I thk the first tube lasted me ~8hrs.

Yes, dun worry Bianz they will replenish the epi drug for u. Our EDDs r v close - mine is 30 Jan! Hmm.. Mayb u will get a cny dragon bb
happy.gif
3 more wks to go! At least there's the few of us still on the waiting game keeping each other company!
happy.gif

Yes, dun worry Bianz they will replenish the epi drug for u. Our EDDs r v close - mine is 30 Jan! Hmm.. Mayb u will get a cny dragon bb
happy.gif
3 more wks to go! At least there's the few of us still on the waiting game keeping each other company!
happy.gif

Hi mummies, i finally popped yesterday. My EDD was yesterday and bb chose the exact same day to be out. Haha.. I asked for epidural and I waited for 14hrs for dilation. Unfortunately I didnt dilate enough
sad.gif
and bb heartbeat not fluctuating enough, gynae was worried bb is not gettin enough oxygen inside n recommended emer csect. So bb was born yday afternoon. i was quite worried abt csect pain and indeed it is painful! But am glad bb is alrite, anything for bb's health
happy.gif

At 38 weeks baby was 3.2kg so I was v worried that she will be too heavy to deliver. When she was born, she was 3kg! So mummies dont have to worry unduly abt bb's weight.. Its nt too accurate
happy.gif

Ya, all e best for e last few of us pending labor n jiayou also to all mummies n newborn too. Challenging year for all of us
happy.gif

jingle:
so scary leh...but u were brave to go thro this. enjoy your motherhood.

lush:
congrats lush! another brave mummy.

Back