(2011/11) Nov 2011

congrats jean n huijie [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

haha, babyzel, i totally agree w u. power 4, max 5 on freestyle i feel can be quite painful sometimes already. i can't imagine power 9 wo!

maybe cos i'm already sore most of the time -__-

Hi, I've been a silent reader here, pls add me to the FB group. My FB nick is Rajes Nathan. I'm due on 8 Dec 11... Currently in my 37th week. Delivering at mount alvernia. Thanks.

@kaemii: yeah, date already fixed. timing i think same. you having #1? wah, bb quite big size already and this week already wk40!

4 bedded?

sure, i pm you my hp [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

D thread moved so fast I still haven finished readin!

Huijie - sry I missed ur post n u n bb! I was searchin for u on fb n callin out to u haha!

Managed to MIT jean - nice to MIT u too! A pity no time to c Yvette as was busyin packing.

Julia- thanks for ur tips! I was wonderin how I wash face haha..

Pumpin now.. Only cover d base of d bottom.. Oh well I'll perserve aft readin so many of ur moo story. Makes me motivated. I'm glad I join Tis thread. Thanks to all mummies n MTb here! Ur turn is soon!

Can i check with you mummies why do we need to bring our own breast pump?How do we sterilise the pump when there is no water kettle inside the room.If we request for full latch nurse will bring baby to us every about 3hours right? So why do we need the breast pump for? Please kindly advise and correct me if i am wrong.

Jean chua

Congras...Your bb Yvette so cutie..Rest well and have a smooth confinment.

KaeMii

Your baby quite big too.Understand the waiting is very frustrating.Today i can feel my baby like very low to the pelvic.I can only walk for a short distance and its painful to walk,still thinking to go for a stroll.Sleeping is a struggle,turning over to the sides is painful and Getting up of bed is difficult.My whole leg cramps every night.So many mummies deliver at TMC.

Those haven't pop:

Little bb- overdue

Bunny- overdue

Snowpear-overdue

Flynn -week 38

Beatrice -week 38+

Cyn-week 39

Babyapples-csection next thurs

KaeMii-deliver next week

Little bb> actually some hospital loan breast pump at a charge.. U need to bring a plastic box along if u deliever at tmc.. I loan from Kkh when delivery but I need to pay $15 for the one day pump kit.. I still prefer my own Pump as hospital pump are single pump and no breast cushion.. If u gg to stay for 2-3 day, better bring ur own pump cos hygiene also.. Cos I am natural birth and I discharge the next day aft I delivered so I din bring..

Is_elle> moo career is tiring but rewarding.. I also finish my last pump at 11 pm and wake at 4 am to pump again .. Just think of ur bb when u pump .. My breast milk is not much So I pump abt 6 times per day but still cannot fully breast feed my gal.. I still need 2 fm at night .. Some mummies in this thread and fb can produce a lot of bm and experience too, can ask them for advise ..

Ya for those delivering at TMC, I think e charges for rental of pump is at $25/day (stg like tt). Though u wanna latch on but will still need to see individual body if able to do it on the spot or need some stimulation. Like for my cousin whom gave birth at TMC, she brougt her own pump.. So for e first 2 days she pump it cos she had natural delivery but wound pretty hurting thus e nurse will fm e bb.. However she still pump as n when to start e stimulation. In between when she has e supply, she feed e lil wan. We can sterlise at hm first then at Hosp, she ju wash per wiz the warm water cos only is personal use therefore is Alrite.

@lillapples:: I felt e pelvic pressure, but really dunno if my gal engaged or even dilate. However agree sleep/sit in a position for too long seem like a huge challenge. Can feel yr mei mei like wanna break ah.. Hahaha...

@Babyapples: I shall pm u my cellphone..

@mummies in moo2 club: jiayou jiayou, u all doing e best....

@mummies waiting to pop: talk to yr bb juz e same like me, waiting n waiting.... Hahahah

Is-Elle > u discharge liao? Too bad can't c u & ur bb! Hv a gd rest at Hm, now finally can play with bb everyday. I always miss her when they brought her back after feedin cos outside temp too low for her

Little bb > at tmc they suggest u bring ur own pumps. Sterilize it before bringing it over. Breast pump is to provide more simulation for bm so dat ur bm will kick in faster & bb no need suck like crazy.

They told me bm will kick in after 3 days. So be4 bm comes, bb will treat ur breast as pacifier so muz let them suck each side 10min, too long or ur nipple will b sore. At 3-4hr interval.

Aft bm comes, feedin becomes 2-3hr & once she finish bb will fall asleep. So u will get e cue.

At night no need follow 2-3hr rule, only feed on demand. So if ur bb can slp thru e night, u Heng lor, can slp v well.

little bb,

Hang in there for awhile more. I guess we will really be very relieved when it's our time to deliver! My feet and fingers are getting swollen and numb from water retention. Did I read somewhere here that that is the sign that gonna pop soon?? *hopeful* Maybe baby aiming to come out on the nice date of 20th Nov.

Does the gynae only check for dilation when you are overdue? Mine so far never check wan leh.

Bunny,

All the best!

Cyn, my fingers are swollen since long ago.. Dun think they are signs ba.. hahaha!! I close my fingers, then cannot open liao.. Become doraemon.. NEed to use another hand to pull open those fingers.. hehehe!! My gynae also didn't check for dilation de lei.. haha!!!

Fynn,

So bad, dash my hopes haha.... I think soaking in hot water helps. Last night my feet were like pig trotters, then after soaking in hot water before sleeping, this morning less swollen liao.

Also made my hubby massage for me!

Cyn, my fingers and toes got more swollen and numb over the past week due to water retention. Also heard that it's a sign!

Last night I had contractions that were ten minutes apart, this lasted for about 4 hours. Then I fell asleep and when I woke up, the contractions were gone! Then there was some bloody discharge in the morning, but no contractions leh...so strange!

Beatrice - today might b ur day! My contractions on day of delivery oso on/ off. But I had show n leak. U watch out for leak!

Huijie- yep I discharge liao, on ur bb bday!

Bunny - ur bb bday is a nice dare, u Jia you!

On bringin breast pump to hosp- I used it durin my stay to stimulate milk too n I din sterilize cos Thers no milk yet. Thou u can ask d nurse to bring bb in to latch but it depends...

First time they told me Bb had swallowed some amniotic fluid n is regurgitating now so can't bring in.

2nd x they say bb is v cold so cannot bring to me.

Ended up I missed 2x of potential feedin.

I find it more convenient to bring pump too cos when I was awaken by wound pain n Waitin for nurse to respond I pump to stimulate to take mind off d pain too.. So it's up to d mummies but if ur luggage has space y not bring it? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies in Waitin club - wld like to share Wat I did.. I was in d Waitin club too n tried d massage techniques in Tis webby

http://www.lifepassages.net/NaturalInduction.html

On top of tat I tried to squat more often, did d squat on tiptoe n sway fr right to left, on my fours on leg n sway my butt left right n front back. Lastly I did breast massage which has benefits of stimulation milk supply n oso serve our purpose of self inducing labour!

Maybe all of u had tried all or some of it. Dun give up, U'll be on moo2 club soon!

Thanks everyone for the advised of bringing breast pump to hospital.I will bring my own pump as well..

Bunny-Your gynae advised you to induce than to wait for afew more days? How manys days overdue are you?

Cervix check

I had my first cervix check when i am in my week 38 then after that no more cervix check instead have twice CTG scan.

Swollen feet

I had swollen feet & hand quite some time ago but till now still no signs of labour yet..

Iselle

Thanks for sharing with us the execise & massages.i did breast & nipple stimulation,squatting for the past 1 week.Sadly still no signs yet.

Little bb - I did for 2wks, started off at wk37 then got more intense cos too desperate liao. Hee.. So u dun give up ya? Jia you!

Beatrice - u r welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bb Estelle suddenly regurgitate so much milk n gimme a scare. Mum says it's normal but I feel disturbed. So xin tong...

Little bb,

My EDD was suppose to be 14 Nov, then delayed till now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hullo mummies - any1 need an extra stroller?

Im helpin my fren post her item,

Capella adonis, handles reversible, bb can face both sides, red colour, can use from birth n still v new.

Bought $359 Sellin at $180.

U can pm me n I can link u up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babyzel, that is only on the 1st day that I used the pump at home. Think maybe I don't hv cracked nipples so can take the pressure. I just keep increase it as no milk is coming out. :p now I max at level 6 to prevent engorge breast.

Sore nipple- do apply the nipple cream n chk that baby has latched properly. I has some blisters on the nipples n recover after a wk.

So sian... See people popping one by one.. hahaha!! My JC friend also popped yesterday... -.-"

Anyway, for mummies who have time, go and watch Kang Xi Lai Le... On 15 Nov that episode is on Confinement.. Something to keep me entertain this afternoon.. hehehe!!

Cyn!! I didn't dash your hope lah.. Just want you to face the fact.. hehehe! =P

Hmmm.. Need to bring breast pump ah...? Hahha! See lah.. I mentioned earlier that everytime read forum, I will have more things to put in my bag.. But, really no space to put the breast pump liao.. hahaha! The breast pump is just for stimulating the milk right? No milk will actually come out right? Cuz I dunno when to sterilise.. Tot normally is when want to use, then we sterilise.. I cannnot predict when my bb want to come out.. hehe!

Fynn,

U will need that pump cos especially at night when bb get cranky and yet no milk....I told my nurse to cup feed glucose if she is on demand, meanwhile I try pumping to stimulate the breast....I did that on the first night...cos I'm afraid to disturb my neighbour sleep...I also didnt sterilize, only wash...then used hot water to rinse off at tmc, since there will be no milk..only stimulate..and realize 2nd day my bb suck better than first day..

Blue dream

I also kind of having soreness on nipples due to incorrect latching on the day 1-1.5. Then the experienced nurse correct me and feel her suction is more powerful and longer...what shall I do? Apply cream also can latch bb???

Iselle,

So fast ur milk come in le??? What is ur magic power?? I have been latching my gal every 3hrs for 15mins each side since day 1...but at night they only pass to me on demand, and the 4am feed, they give her glucose...cos that stupid nurse keep saying mummy dun feed if u r tired plus ur BP is high so REST MORE!! Arrrgghhh but today whole day I latch her correctly with my hb help..

Cynn, little bb, bunny and some waiting mummies

Dun worry, soon will be ur turn...try to stimulate ur nipples and breast more for the delivery...it will boost a little...if not, get a romantic night with hb ....also will boost up the dilation...

Dun give up with the exercise part....

Oh by the way, I already on the 2nd pack of loop pad on day 2 le. So mummies to be, pls do bring extra pack in case u need to stay 3 nights...

Do bring extra big plastic bags for ur hampers and gifts...

Fynn,

U will need that pump cos especially at night when bb get cranky and yet no milk....I told my nurse to cup feed glucose if she is on demand, meanwhile I try pumping to stimulate the breast....I did that on the first night...cos I'm afraid to disturb my neighbour sleep...u can request for the sterilize tablet from tmc to soak the pump with hot water (ur own basin), then can pump out the colostrum or milk to feed bb.

Blue dream

I also kind of having soreness on nipples due to incorrect latching on the day 1-1.5. Then the experienced nurse correct me and feel her suction is more powerful and longer...what shall I do? Apply cream also can latch bb???

Iselle,

So fast ur milk come in le??? What is ur magic power?? I have been latching my gal every 3hrs for 15mins each side since day 1...but at night they only pass to me on demand, and the 4am feed, they give her glucose...cos that stupid nurse keep saying mummy dun feed if u r tired plus ur BP is high so REST MORE!! Arrrgghhh but today whole day I latch her correctly with my hb help..

Cynn, little bb, bunny and some waiting mummies

Dun worry, soon will be ur turn...try to stimulate ur nipples and breast more for the delivery...it will boost a little...if not, get a romantic night with hb ....also will boost up the dilation...

Dun give up with the exercise part....

Oh by the way, I already on the 2nd pack of loop pad on day 2 le. So mummies to be, pls do bring extra pack in case u need to stay 3 nights...

Do bring extra big plastic bags for ur hampers and gifts...

Oops the 2nd version is the latest update on the sterilize tablet is by the stupid nurse I mentioned...suay kana her shift tonight again....sian...but hope it helps u mummies on the pump sterilize portion.

Fynn / mummies in waiting club

I oso sianz, today whole day feel grumpy. Emotions range from anticipation to grumpiness. But actually my EDD still a week away lah, tell myself so stress for what. My gf just told me her no.1 was overdue for 6 days! Faintz...

Washed, sterilized my breastpump and packed it today. Will follow the advice of mummies here and use it to stimulate for bm when the time comes. Yup, my bag no space soon!

Anyway satisfied my craving for satay at dinner. Ha! Now I feel happier [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cynn,

Dun worry..just try to satisfy all ur food craving before is ur turn...pack ur pump in Ziplock bag..easier..then remember to request for the sterile tablet from the nurse to soak ur pump for 30 mins before using...after using, wash at the sink, then soak inside again for the next use, the nurse will change the water every morning...thats what that stupid nurse say....though she is not that friendly looking...but I just bear with her since she can give me the storage bottles and other goodies...if I cooperate...heehee..

@cyn: my #1 also overdue 6 days then no choice opt for c-sec.

@jean: how to stimulate the breast and nipples? you mean sterlise the pump in big ziplock bag filled with water using the sterlise tablet? can ask from the nurse ah? got charges? you ask the nurse for the glass bottles every night? your bb now on fm? or you pump for her?

Cyn - plan ur food cravings so U'll b happier. N wash all bb related items while u can now. Oso write down instructions or labels.

Now I confinement can't touch water n my cl din leave d pump parts in d sterilizer but took out to dry. In d end ive to find tongs to clean n use hot water to sterilize. N far tat I can't find my bottle caps. Now so late n she sleepin so I can't wake her up. Super sian n pissed... Nearly wanna give up pumpin so I drop by here to rant n get motivated..

Jean- magic power?? Hmm.. I was told to massage breast when pumpin or when bb is latching. Use fingers n apply force to press n make circles n repeat for d entire breast. My fren say hv to use force so d milk ducts will open. I only managed to massage upper part of breast la. Cos when bb latching I can't reach d bottom.

Another is hold ur nipple wi index n thumb n squeeze it.

I oso massage whenever I free n bb not latching.

Btw I'm gg for checkup in tmc on Monday. Heard u n huijie dischrage on mon. If I can get ther early will c both of ur bb!!

Bunny

Wishing you a safe and smooth delivery.Please share with us your birth story when you are free.

Jean chua

I have pigeon sterile tablets so i just bring some.Inorder to stimulate the breast how long do we need to pump per breast at hospital? 15mins?

I Juz realize tat my mum is d 1 tat kept d bottle caps. N she kept it in d storeroom!! Not even bb room! Sob sob.. Everythin is so frustrating now.

I wanna pump but can't wash pump cos can't touch water. They ask me dun walk ard so much but kept keeping my painkillers n I've to find it. Told me I've to eat durin tea time but keep movin d biscuits fr dinin table to kitchen n I've to find it too. So bloody hot n told me to on aircon at 28degrees. I rather off it n perspire. Then cl say cannot perspire cos pores will open n if wind blows n enter ur body it'll b worse. So who do I listen to? How can I not perspire when I can't hv windows, fan or a cooler temperature? Everythin I listen to them but they made things so hard for me? I'm beyond carin now. I Puttin aircon at 25 degrees with 4th level fan mode.

@iselle: chill chill. i can feel your 'hot' now. i understand your frustration and the heat from doing confinement. me last time do confinement wear shorts and tees, sweat like mad too. but i think like your cl said cannot sweat cos pore open, i feel it is still ok if you wipe your body with dry towel. at least your body wont feel cold with the sweat. during my #1 confinement, i sweat alot and i touch water to cleanse my body at late night (with warm water only). my house dont even have aircon and i had the fan on but not blowing me directly in the room. i think 25deg is ok, 28 is like -.-

your room cannot open window???

maybe you can get the biscuits and whatever you need to be put in your room? last time i put my red date tea and those i want to eat in my room so no need walk so much.

is-elle,

I think some mummies mentioned they just keep their pumps in ziplock bag during night time pumping so won't have to keep washing and sterilizing so many times at night. Not sure if that will work for you. Oh, another solution is to wear gloves.

I think one reason why I was so grumpy was cos my CL called and say that she took up a 3 day job prior to my EDD. Meaning that if I deliver during my EDD, she might be coming in 1 or 2 days later depending on how long I stay in hospital. Jia lat lor, gotta be on my own for that crucial first few days when I dunno anything. My mum can't stay overnight cos working, my mil needs to take care of hubby's niece. =P

Haiz... See how when the time comes bah.

Now on drip in tmc. Hubby sleeping beside me , seems so shiok. I cant get to sleep , the beside bed de keep chit chatting non stop. :/

Hi mummies,

awaken by neighbour and also by the wound pain. Iselle, can understand ur plight. Cool down. In fact, I have touched water since in tmc, I have to wash my pump, my vagina, towel... But all use warm tap water. So is not possible without the no touch water rule...

I sterlise the pump parts in basin with warm tap water and sterilize tablet for 30mins then swing dry them hard, then keep in ziplock bag till I want to pump. Or u can just soak just before 30mins prior pumping.

For the stimulation time and level and expression time and level, I'm still trying to figure out. So mummies using freestyle or medela pump, pls advise for beginner mums!!!

Jean,

congrats [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re your pump, if you use the preset in freestyle, stimulation time is 2 min. Level wise, you have to trial and error what is comfy to you. for eg, if u feel slight discomfort using level 5, then it means you should use level 4 to pump. you should feel somewhat comfy and not painful when pumping.

expression time for now, i think your milk hasn't come in yet right? 15 min for each side shd be more than enough. don't wanna overdo it either. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jiayou.

Gratz to all mummies who has popped.

Just applied to join SMH NOV 2011 mummies in FB. Adrick is my name. cheers.

awwwww.... on n off hving mild contrAction.. hv difficulties moving here n there... dislike the feeling of uncertainty... uncomfortable... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] envy those mummies that had given birth to their darlings... humph!

Hi all mummies,

I am a slient reader and would like to share my birth story with all of you. This is my 3rd child and edd was 24 Nov.

19/11 - mild contraction in the morning. Regular contraction started at 9pm abt 5 to 10 mins once

20/11 - checked into TMC at 12.36am and was 5 cm dilated

20/11 - 2.30am fully dilated to 10cm and waterbag burst on its own. Took my gynae advise and didn't take epidural for the first time

20/11 - Baby was out before 3am

My whole labour took less than 3 hrs which i was so surprise as my first one took 16 hrs n 2nd one was 14 hrs.

My hb even suan me that this one sure false alarm n long labour. Haha i was so happy all these end within 3 hrs and without epidural for the first time. My hb saw how i suffered from the labour pain esp the pushing part.

Now i am resting at tmc and can only discharge on tues morning. Glad that my bb chose to give birth naturally on 20/11/2011. She weigh 3.425kg.

Jia you to all mummies. Miracle does happen. Now i am on total breastfeeding. I guess i am too excited. Didn't sleep a wink since yesterday

Hi mummies to be,

Yo yo yo...how r u gals? Do remember to ask to take their parent craft class during ur stay here. It benefit me and my gal today after going thru the BF part...can really put into practise immediately. Though I did take up the antenatal class before, but at that time, alot of things and circumstances did not happen yet, also dunno how to ask qns...but now, when things happen, u know the experience and know how to prop qns.

Fynn,

Maybe is ur turn soon leh...contraction sooner will be regular contraction le...

Little bb

Stimulation mode is for 2 mins only on my pump..but try not for too long...start with 5 mins, then slowly 10mins...then u adjust ur speed from low and u see how...cos our aim is not to have many ml of milk now...our aim is to boost the colostrum appearance...if ur bb can latch on, then dun use the pump....cos if snore nipples, the pump might get it even worse especially with the powerful suction. If has snore nipples, go on low and slowly..dun add stress to urself ya..

Btw, how are u?? Long time didn't appear here, did u miss me or not..hahaha

Cynn

Huh!!! Ur CL liked that also can ah???? Then u didn't ask her back, if u pop three days earlier than how??? She compensate u with another CL ah??? She should rest more before taking every job mah... Haiz, now all CL very up class liked that...seems liked we are asking for help without paying them...arrgghh..

How are u also?? Long time didnt catch up with u all le...

My bb has jaundice, level 8.6 now under photo light...hope she will get better tmr and can discharge with me tmr...

According to my gynae, my wound help quite fast since I have no problem of walking and visiting huijie...heehee.. However, it still hurts when I try to get up or change position. But really must take the big steps of walking more often even if it hurts...

Now bb under photo light, hb and I kind of Bo Liao with no one to play with...hahaha...and my neighbour Eng Bee also discharge le....sian

Ladies,

Leow Eng Bee is my roomie of Tmc, I have added her to FB. She gave birth to a gal on the 17th nov at week 39+. Cute little gal. Pls make her feel welcome in our FB..thanks.

Hi Serene,

Congratulation...wow, u power mummy without epi...and still can go for no. 3. Jia you. Ur BM will come in much easier than we first time mummy....heehee..

Babyapples, cyn- thanks for readin. Had lost my cool n come to think of it ziplock or gloves is a gd idea! Ill get hubby to buy. Will also ask him move a side table for me to put biscuits n drinks. Suddenly u gals solve my prob while i kept harpin on it! Thanks for remnindin!

Jean- ya hor can use warm water. Guess last night too pissed can't think straight n wanna blame d rules of confinement haha. Btw I've welcomed Eng bee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Glad tat ur stiches r healin fine n hope bb clear of jaundice soon. I SMS u Tmr if I can reach tmc early [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Serene- i echoed jean. U r power! No epi n a fast labour! Congrats to havin ur 3rd kid on such a nice date!

Bunny n fynn - hru both now?

Cyn - do u wanna find a backup cl? Since u Waitin now n hv time u wanna ask ard? Or any of ur aunt or ur close frens mum tat can help out for d 1st few days b4 ur cl comes if u pop earlier?

Just pop at 3pm plus, had a hard time getting cervix to dilute. Little bb Ariel weights 3.675kg. Did not expect her to be so big size as estimated was 3.2 only,

Resulting muscles tear quite bad. Will update more again. Everyone jiayou

Bunny,

Congrats...

Huh ours is the opposite...estimate 3.6kg, came out 3.2kg....hahaha maybe both our doc bought the pirated scanning machine....hahaha

Cyn,

U better ask around for an back up CL....as what iselle say... Or ask ur mum or mil to help out a few days...

Iselle,

Ok...if u come tmc earlier, we can chat a while more...heehee..

Back