(2011/11) Nov 2011

Jean chua> congrats on d day Inadvance.. Welcome to on broad the moo moo club..

All new mummies> congrats and welcome to the club

So fast next Sunday is my gal full month.. Order the full month cake and buffet.. Count down to taking plain water and long shower..

Hihi all,

I am due for c-sec next Thursday.

First time deliver in TMC.

Any mummies can share their experience?

need to bring own pj even when c-sec?

Cannot imagine how to change...

also, what is in the goodie bag from tmc? Include bathtub?

Anyone going to expo today?

Hi baby apples!! Congrats!! Can see ur bb soon!!

I had my Csect at TMC on 8 nov ... They will prep u for the Csect in the ward by shaving your pubic hair (if u Hav any) .. Then they will insert a pill for u to pass motion... After that they will wheel u to the op room.. U opt for GA or spinal? I was on spinal ... The op itself is very fast! In the op room, they inject the spinal n the urine bag, then 5 mins later dr will start the op and within mins can see u bb.. The doc will bring ur bb to u; the nurse can help u take quan Jia fu ... Then they will clean the bb and will bring to the nursing area to weigh/ warm the bb with ur hubby following them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

U will be wheeled later to your ward (still cant move at this moment) and u be still in the hospital gown (without underwear) w the urine bag and painkiller drip .. U be bedridden e entire night.. and the nurse will put the pad for you.. My bb was out at 4pm and I saw her again at 8 pm for 1st feed. Tell the nurse in advance if u like to full BF... Every 4 hrs, the nurse will come change ur pad, chk ur pressure and wipe ur body...

The next day after dr chk that everything is okay, the nurse will take off ur drip n urine bag n uexpect u to get down bed n they will take off ur gown for u and u need change into your own panty n pj... They w also ask u to pas urine on ur own n inform them if u managed to do so .... U may want to request for a binder if need... Before u discharge they will also chk that I pass motion at least once else they will insert the pill for u to pass motion...

I stayed at 4 bedder upgraded to 2; paid cash of 2.2k for induction n Csec for 3d4n...

Also, bring along ur original rom cert so that u can register for bc at TMC ... Heard the q quite long .. Will take few hrs.. Else do at ica within 14 days u can the bc on the spot.

Every morning there will be a pd coming by to tell I the bb's progress... After discharge, they will assign the pd to ur bb n make apptm for u to see him/ her at his clinic... We didn't went to the assigned pd; went to polyclinic instead .. I feel just as good ;))

Sorry my notes like a bit messy ... Oh yah TMC will give mommies a small bag w toothpaste/ toothbrush, small towel m

Shower... Remember switch the tap to warm water when washing ur hand ;pp n try not to drink plain water.. Ask for milo ;)) dun need bring bb stuff if u dun mind bb wear their clothes when discharging ...

Ask for milk samples/ glass bottles when discharging ;))

Huijie,

Re laughing

u muz start to breathe in d gas sec bef d contractn kick in.... Hb can gv u d que... U will feel lk driftg in n out frm sleep lk tat... I was so high till i was tokg nosense to my gynae... I ask her if i can sleep for awhile while in labour haha...

Jean chua,

Thks for addg me in fb... Smooth delivery tmr! Hope we can catch up at tmc!

Little bb

hope u gt gd news aft yr chkup...

Gonna tk a short nap.....

Kiam kiam, so fast for u!! Congrats !! Which caterer u ordering from ?? We have headache now cos too many pple to invite... :pp

Little bb, kiam, cynn,

Thanks for ur wishes...hahaha..tmr is my entry to moo moo club le...yeah...

If u have noticed, moo moo members are more active in FB. While waiting club members are more active in forum. Hahaha..seems liked we have two lounge rooms....

Gosh!!! Just finished cleaning up my fridge, throwing away Overdue sauces...washing up all biscuits containers...labelled all my kitchen equipment plug and instructions, Chinese herbs... Almost breathe less le after cleaning up the kitchen top and wall...Hand wash kitchen cloths...just one small kitchen seems liked alot of things to do...hahahaha

Kiam

So fast u going to countdown soon....hahaha...by then, confinement graduates can tempt me with all ur food cravings le...hahahaha..

Little bb,

Hope u have good news from ur gynae...try to relax ur mind ba... Cheer up gal...

Baby apples

What is there at expo?? Tmc goodie bag give bathtub???? I dun think so ba...ya, we need to bring our own pj...try to bring the dress style with front button if u csect... Won't irritate the wound with waist band...if not then is ok if u wear binder...

I will tell u about the goodies bag when I discharge on mon or tue...hahaha..

Felixp

Ur notes really help me prepare myself for tmr...thanks. So do u feel the pain in spinal or they insert the urine bag?? Do they provide u the binder?? Or we have to bring our own??

Hey jean, I bought the binder from TMC... Some gynae will instruct the nurse to put the binder immed on the 2nd day after he chked dat okay .. For my gynae, it's not his practice ... So I requested from the nurse on my own ;)

There is only slight uncomfort when they insert the spinal or urine bag... Not really pain ... Dun worry ..

Also, try to pack less stuff cos sure u have more things to bring home ... For Csec I can actually discharge on 3rd day buty hubby wanna me stay one more night cos our CL not here yet...

Also, shared in my previous post, if using Valet parking, they will usually transport u via their small van to reach ur car.. Request nicely dat u prefer them to drive ur car to the valet station instead as u Hav small bb w u ...

Felixp,

Thanks, I will ask hb buy the binder on the 2nd day... Ok so far, everything is endurable ba...hopefully i can pass them tmr...the feeling of gan cheong is worse than any big exams I had before...hahaha

Just back from my checkup,did a CTG scan & bb perfectly fine.Measured baby bump,did a hearing test .Never check cervix dilation.Gynae said bb fine to exceed edd.So now still wait wait wait..Next checkup will be next monday hope i am due by then..oh i am given a carton of fisco glass formula milk.I can use the glass bottles for storage my breastmilk right? Where can i get the plastic cap?

Little bb,

U are given so much sample ah...u can buy the plastic cap at the phmarcy of TMC, not sure whether is it available at Mount A. Mumsfairy website does sell... U can order online. Yup, can use glass bottles to store BM, but always leave gap for expansion..dun store too full...

felixp > thks for the csect details! wow, sounds intimidating, with the nurses chgin ur pad & stuff for u. the binder? did they put it on for u?

snowpear > laughin gas oso will high ar? i wonder y its called laughin gas

im gg out for my gynae appt liao. hope bb will decide to come out today. keep talkin to her liao. this morning went for 1hr morning stroll, hopefully it aids in openin my cervix

Julia,

I'm same as you, confinement is torturing. i can't eat my bb full mth buffet too cos it's still within the confinement period. i'm counting down to my cold drinks and normal water bath.

Jean

good that you plan your meals today before the big day tomorrow. all the best and do relax and rest more today.

Mummies who have delivered

will you be shaving your babies hair during full mth? i'm thinking of shaving my boy's hair but heard the hair may become coarse. anyone know if this is true?

Lol Jean, your day's food schedule is planned out well in advance. Now is almost tea time! I oso wanna drink coke!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I think using fb is faster to get responses to queries bah. Me haven pop, dun have any contributions to the questions there hehe. Can only come forum here type long grandmother stories and seek comfort from mummies who oso haven pop.

Washed my curtains this morning, no household chores to do liao except cook dinner later. Boringzzzz.....

Welcome!! Actually my Csec is quite sudden cos all along wanna natural but Sekali my water bag burst and cervix still not dilated after 5 hrs so chop chop decide on Csec ... No time to think so much!! I oso dun know if telling u the process will make u worry more :pp

Dun need get hb to buy... Just tell the nurse that u want and they will bring to put on for you then charge to the total hospital bill ... Ehh the nurse put on the pad for me is okay lah.. They also used to it Liao ... :pp

Wow sounds like most mummies confinement is a terror. I sd be very lucky. My Cl from I-Kare is v good. Helps to take. Are bb, cooks for me n family n dun restrict me at all. Hehehe. In fact I been going out shopping once a week. So abit sad that she is going back soon.

By e way sweet moments full month package is quite good n tasty too. Just order n give to friends for my gal full month. My gal Annabelle was born 20/10 at mt a by c-sec. Been a silent reader most of the times. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and I am mom of 2.

As for rebond for bf mummy, best not to give BM to your bb for the 1st 24hrs after any chemical treatment to your hair. I just rebonded my hair for my gal full month too. Must look mei mei too.

Thanks eid

Cynn, lol...me too can't have much contribution in FB yet...I think I will start to have alot of queries after I discharge...hahaha...but I won't forget to come in here...

Not much of the hk serials for me to catch le...I think I will be super boring at the hospital over the weekend....sian...all my serials is already up to date le...

Kind of worry, tonight I cant sleep... Maybe later I'm going to put my face mask and eye mask...heehee..

Hi mummies,

is those handsfree breastfeeding strap for the pumps a must to purchase? Normally how do u all support the pumps while pumping milk?

I am still waiting also.. no news of bb girl popping out yet. haiz.

Pinkberries,

Re bb hair shaving

Its juz a myth n its really depend on each indv bb..

I shaved my boy frm 4mos onwards till 1yrs old... His hair is still very soft... But i dun dare to let bb shave at full month coz d scalp still very fragile so waited till 4mos which is another mth for shaving but cant rem d significance...

Little bb

thats great. At least still can wait dun nid to induce... My nxt appt also on mon... But if havent pop by theni will do sweep le hoho... Dun thk i wan to wait anymore...

Gonna watch hk drama fa zhen le... I really enjoy this break this x rnd haha...

Jean, any oth hk drzma to recc? I faster ask hb go dwnld...

Jean chua

Most probably will order the plastic cap from mumsfairy.the cap is of standard size? Yes u should have a long shower,scrub your body & apply a face masks tonite..End up you pop early then me lol but im happi & excited for you.

Little bb,

You can get the bottle caps from the pharmacy at Mt A. I bought from there but I can't rem the price. It's a pack of 10 caps.

The cap is for the standard narrow neck bottle. So u can buy the teats for narrow bottle to direct feed them...

Snow pear,

The fa zheng up to 26 now, just finished watching it...now nothing to watch le. Now got to wait till sat then I can watch both esp 27 & 28... I'm now on wan Feng zi Wang by Xian Xian and wu shin er....not bad also..

Dunno how is it becos I gan cheong over tmr...today I fee like poo poo but go toilet, also dun have...haiz...

Pink berries, add u le.

Julia

My baby one month also next sun...seems like a couple of us here have oct babies!! u mentioned that you took the fenugreek - did it help when u took them?

Kiam Kiam

Me too counting down to cold drinks, showers (without the need to dry hair after) and i so need to do my nails! haha

FB

Since moo moo club mummies are more active in FB, I have just requested to join FB - my name is estee.

wow just realise that this Nov tread is very active... guess most mummies have pop or are awaiting for baby arrival.

I have just given birth to my baby girl on 6 Nov. Have been breastfeeding my girl but she tend to fall asleep after 1 breast. How do u make yr baby drink more or wake her up?

Jean, all the best for your delivery tmrw! Have a good rest tonight!

btw to descale the steriliser, how much vinegar/lemon/salt do you put?

Jean, then i better not color my hair.

Kiamkiam, my bb full mth also next sun, jus finish order the buffet still have to order cake.

Edazz, not too sure fernugreek does help or not cos i only took a few then stop le but i know it it cause engorgement.

hi mummies-to-be [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

just want to share... anyone expecting a small size baby girl (2.5kg upto 3.4k)?

i'm a sept'11 mum and my baby girl is now 2.5mths old. as i was under high-risk management care i was expecting a small baby of appox.2.5kg so i had stocked up preemie sizes rompers, onies, one-piece suits, dress sets, tops and they are all brands of: carter's, children place, mothercare, marks&spencers, gerber, etc...

i'm letting them go very cheaply... as i need to make drawer space to my now 4.3kg girl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

they are all very well care, kept with no stains at all. they were all well fitting for her for 2mths.

so if you wish to consider buying them over, please PM to me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thank you & God Bless you & your lil' one.

Bunny, i am using medela PISA .. not handsfree ... i just use my fore-arms to hold the pumps and can still sms/ type/ etc.. haha

Porkylim, i dun wake her up ... i just let her doze off but then i realise she will wake up very soon and suckle for a long time ... so in the end i bottle feed her ebm instead. She is more satisfied and sleep for long stretches rather than waking up every now and then =pp and less tiring for me as well cos she suckle so long, my nipples get quite sore and there is no way of telling if she has enuff milk...

Julia & Edazz, congrats on ur bb's upcoming full mth! Which caterer u order from?? Can share...

Busybee, congrats!! =))

Edazz, I am taking fenugreek since the after my csec... I am taking 2 capsules 3x daily. I have engorgement on day 4 when milk started coming in ... now day 8 no more engorgement .. my milk supply not really fantastic - between 50-75 ml per session from both breast... anyway i will continue taking since i've already bought them =pp

Hi Edazz,

No worries, I'm sure the regular mummies will still check the forum as well as fb to share their experiences.

Congrats Busybee!

Hi all,

Thanks for Your wishes... I doubt I will be able to sleep tonight...my nap is also half drifted just now...

Little bb & cynn & snow pear

I will definitely come back to find u guys in forum...heehee... Hope u gals have a nice and smooth delivery soon...

Moo moo club

I'm coming soon...aiyo, I see those discussions, I'm very stressed le...starting to think BM is not as easy as I think...hahaha.. Jia you mummies...

Busy bee, Wendy

Congrats to u and ur newborn

Evelyn seems to Mia Liao, maybe haven't settle down with bb yet...wonder how is she...

Hi Jean,

Eat all your fav. stuffs, a gd shower & hair wash ...

Remember to start off by breast feed 1st,my gal was started with FM till now, she doesnt like to suckle, i need to EBM every day for her.

Congratulation is-elle and Busybee! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Julia, I also want bubble when I m ready to go out. :p

pinkberries84, don't shave yr baby hair, CNY is coming, the baby hair after shaving may grown in different speed which mean that some part has longer hair n some part has shorter hair. Just cut some of his hair during the full mth. I did not shave for my no.1 from birth but his hair will start to drop ard 3 mth (not those patchy type) but will grow back soon.

Jean, enjoy your craving tonight. :p, do bring yr pump to hospital if you want BM to come faster.

Hi Felixp

You very li hai, hopefully i can master the skills of pumping milk n sms at the same time too :p

Bluedream,

Doesn't hospital provide you with breastpump to use first, must bring own one de ah?

Congrats to the moms who popped these couple of days...

Jean Chua, all the best [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] just relax and it won't be so bad. i don't think u'd have time to watch much serials in hosp tho, spend as much time as you can learning how to latch baby and everything [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] it'd be a lot more useful.

Thanks for all ur well wishes mummies! Am ok but wound hurts n tears Juz flow when peeing. Hope it'll b over soon!

Kiam,Julia n edazz- envy u all! Confinement over n I'm startin mine Tmr only! Scare scare.

Jean- Tmr when u r well fb msg me ur room # ya? I'll drop by if I can n if u feelin ok for visitors [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wow we've bb everyday Tis wk!

Busybee our babies Juz 1 day apart followed by jean!

Julia> I just order the buffet from qi Lin cos it's opened by a friend uncle so easlier to neg things.. My mil will give full month cake on sat and invite her relative for buffet on Sunday. Shaving my gal hair on sun .. Think will miss combing her bb hair ..

Think the main challenge for me is to take care of bb aft CL left.. I have an experienced CL who take care of me and bb.. So both of us are pampered by her.. Worry I cannot cope without aunty helps so the last ten days I am busy learning how take care of my gal and her schedule ..

Up to now, I only know how feed, bath, change and pat my gal... Hope the skills I learn from aunty can helps me survive thru the rest of 2 month plus..

Iselle> confinment is very fast de .. Just closed one eye and relax urself while ur cl is here .. But I still have 5 kg to lose but seem hard as eat and eat in confinement ..

Hi gals!!! I'm having my csect tml at tmc @830am!!! My doc says bb's wt has dropped, frm 3.23kg to 3.12kg. And amniotic fluid gettin low, so likely the cord is ard her neck causin her to b uncomfortable so can't absorb nutrients... So tml csect. My poor bb! >.<

Jean! U oso tml tmc rite? Wat time? I'm chkin in at tmc later, no more single ward only double. Mayb we can b roomies!' haha! Let's Jia you tml!! I doubt I will b too excited to slp tonight!

hu1j13,

Congrats! Must be very exciting tmr can see your baby already, have a safe delivery!

Bluedream,

I also thought the hospital would loan us the breastpumps to try out if we request for it? I vaguely remember the staff telling me during the hospital tour.

Back