(2011/11) Nov 2011

iemiko,

due to the close gap, i was advised to go for csect. but doc did say can try vbac, with small risk of tear. how small is small risk i don't know though. think review at later stage. right now i'm just focusing on stopping the spotting. everytime go toilet will see brown stains.

evelyn,

appetite will get better, don't worry. me too, haven't had very good meal in a while. always have the weird feeling at the pit of the stomach. will have appetite to eat then later full already will wanna puke. very contradicting.

Those who vomit is that mostly have a gal?

I dun have vomitting for my no 1 and current one. My hubby say, oh no it could a boy again. Ahaha...

evelyn,

not true wor... i didn't have MS last time and it was a girl. my friend on the other hand vomited badly for 5 mths and she had a boy.

starry

my kids age gap almost similiar to urs i tink. i give birth to #2 when they were exactly 16mths apart. the small risk of tear can be severe. i hav heard of cases that some hav to remove the whole womb due to complications of vbac.

evelyn

those are myths. hehe. but if eva had previous preg, can sense difference. when i had my bois, super good appetite, crave for spice & totally no MS. this time round kip having MS but could be due to d hormone pills im taking. but im hoping for a ger this time round thou. if another boi, machaim bird park liao. lolx.

my #1 also a boy...i had not much MS and quite breeze pregnancy previously...this time also like the same leh, not much MS....

Yes, and when it comes to breakfast and lunch, I can totally skip it without feeling hungry! Am able to take in soup stuff for dinner only.

Now, I keep telling my husband not to offer me any food!

iemik0 - my dr said it is common.... also i do not want to take any meds... heard from my friend that baby will be hyperactive if we take those medicine....

i read on net... nothing like that is true... but still i am scared...

Evelyn-Me same same like you...I feel hungry always but when the food arrive,i become no appetite cannot even finish half.I just bot a packet of mix veg rice,add additional dishes somemore but cant finish even half..Waste $,waste food.

Last week i ate quite alot of anti vomit pills,last sat alone i ate 3pills.I dun know that it will make my bb hyperactive..Oh no think i better stop eating.

joanne koh-You havent went for your 1st gynae checkup,how many weeks are you now?

iemiko,

mine shorter gap. exactly 1 year apart. hubby was still saying pick the same date for csect since the EDD is like 5 days apart only.

joanne,

when is your appointment?

starry, Option A is best suited for u. For me i prefer option B cos i get to go hm quite early n on wkn can giv myself n wify few hrs of PEACE!! :p

On Coffee, wify takes a pkt of kopi everyday for this #2. For #1, she takes half a pkt n shares the other half with her colleagues.

loh,

i will try those that offer school bus service, fetch her to and fro from my mum's place. will be more expensive, but worth it lah. rather than the long travelling and all that rush fetching her.

I didnt take any coffee though i used to have coffee every morning.I have some polka green tea or 100plus when i had my meal,i cant have hot drinks with my meal,i will puke..Now i will either have milo,holicks or meji milk in the morning,my sis recommend goats milk saying its good.Baby complexion will be soft and fair.

Starry

Sounds like there' a bit of planning once #2 comes out and getting used to the plans. Hope you have the best of plan that can offload u.

U asked abt bm being dried up once stop bf? I think even though stop bf, wd have milk if u really work on it. Now that we are expecting, i think the hormones are changing and i do notice that the breasts are preparing herself for the new bb. Unless it leaks, u wd have to put on the breast pads else i think not a concern.

Stroller/ pram

Last time i was naive, thought buy stroller only when bb was older. Big mistake, i bgt when bb was ard 6 or 7m, hated stroller until she turned 2 or 2.5. Now my investment in stroller has paid off and i dun feel so heartpain.

Lesson learnt, if u invest in good stroller, make sure the newborn takes them. This wd train them and when they are active like 6-12m, they may reject stroller and prefer carrying. It wd be a phase. Once the phase is over that is when they start walking, they wd prefer stroller as walking can be tiring for them esp if we go out for 2 to 3 hrs or when they are near nap/nite sleep or cranky. Carrying them wd be a killer so stroller wd be heavily used during the 1st few months of bb and when they started to walk past 12m till maybe 3.5yrs old.

I think stroller whether they are expensive or entry priced, does not matter as long as it fits ur needs. Kids do not choose. I think a good range shd be less than $400/ 500. Anything above that is luxury for kids but a hole for parents. Stroller can be the next big tix one -off item after breast pump, cotbed besides hospital bill. Many parents buy at least 2 stroller as bb grows. One heavy duty and the other light weight to serve diff purpose. I even read that some buy so may stroller to park at their mom' and inlaw' place besides their home and cars. Seems like strollers can become an accessory for moms.

I do not know if i will buy another stroller when #2 arrives, hoping no need as i have too many things at home. Hardly any storage place. Even car seat, i hope to get a entry level for my dd to make way for bb to take the current car seat. Even the car now seems cramped with car seat so when there are 2 car seats, seems congested inside the car :p

Caryn

Im currently overseas. What kind of advice do u need? Let me know if i can offer any assistance. U can pm me if u like.

Starry: Seems like option A is good but there's no space. Put yourself down on waiting list. Sometimes people withdraw along the way and you will get the spot. Personally I will not want to put my kids at the center near my workplace. There were times when I couldnt pick up my kids as I had to work late, my dad helped. So much easier for everyone. This is especially so if your workplace is in the town area.

Strollers: Not too particular about the brand. But I agree that you must put your kids in asap so that they get used to it. Otherwise they will not want to get in when you are outside. The most important factor for me was the weight and if they could fit into my car since I need two!

Most of the time I bring one stroller and the other one is in an Ergo carrier.

Coffee: I continued to take 1 cup a day and sometimes even had two. My twins came out fair and healthy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Just keep to the guide one of the mommies give. More importantly is to load up on calcium. Since I cant stand milk, I take soya bean drink and products instead.

starry

one yr apart ah. den safer to c-sect. usually dr wun take the risk if close gap.

re: strollers

used to use graco travel system for my bois. my #2 hates it so sold away & bought a maclaren. good pt abt maclaren is that it is light weight. the cross bar can be bought at spring maternity. =)

re: caffeine

been ages since i had my tea! now craving for gong cha. hopefully hb will allow mi to drink. need to control my sugar intake coz ydae urine test shows traces of sugar. jialat. =(

I went kkh when i was experiencing pain. So the doctor already told me im in my early 5th week. So now if according to kkh, im in my 7-8wk nw

starry, u c sect for #1 as well? i'm reading up more on vbac and gathering as much info as i can. cos i really wanna try natural this time. but i dont think my doc is pro-vbac. thought of switching to another pro-vbac gynae later on.

it has been almost 3 yrs since my last c sect, so chances are better for me. it will be slightly riskier for u since the gap is pretty close. but, perhaps ur doc will be with the idea. u check with doc. mine sure says better not.

Joanne, hope everything is fine with u n bb...

iemik0, haha... work finish liao so plan ML loh.. Can use ML for oversea trip meh? I manage to plan in such a way, 16w become near to half yr with leave and childcare. lol

Loh, thanks....

ssbaby, yes. can use ML for overseas trip. basically can do what u want with ML except working for other people.

i drink coke and teh-o every now and then. i find teh-o calming for me.

been vomiting quite a bit these days especially in the evenings. can only stomach dry stuff like burgers and sandwiches.

lovelytulips, isit? hmmmmm... sure plan for one liao.. lol.. Btw, ML is tag to the company one rite? So if u change company, cannot bring over the ML hor?

ssbaby, yup. u cant resign when u are on ML. and also cannot use ML as notice period. so gotto finish the 16 weeks then resign.

Jo, my gynae told my hb last time, as long as it makes me happy, why not? not as if u drink many cans or the 1.5L in 1 day. i love the frizzy, gassy and cold cold feeling.... hahaha i'm bad. sorry for tempting.

lovelytulips.. thanks for the advice. i almost want use my ML for notice period. Guess i got to replanned again... hmm...

Everyone,

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5342759.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5342760.gif]

Thanks Lovely tulips, i got it planned out.. Lol.. Will take just 2week before EDD. Coz my work place damm wulu.. taxi wun come in normally. If suddenly need deliver, must call ambulance. And i read up, most of the time its false alarm, just contraction. Better be safe.. lol

Joanne, my company policy say must take 8 weeks leh... I will give up 2011 CCL liao..

Good morning everyone.

Joanne, you should check with your company's HR. For my #1 ML, I wanted to clear some AL prior to ML was told I can't. I have to clear ML first before continuing with AL.

This time round, I will probably start on AL first then followed by ML since it will be almost end of the year.

Starry

I think bleh is right, got to check w gynae. I suppose csec for ur #2 wd be a safer option but subject to ur body' condition. So if u did nurse well ur health meaning the internal wounds are healed then i think why not for vbac?

Cravings

I like how joanne described hb' love for the bb, endure. I suppose if it is not affecting the danger of bb' life, a little is fine. Except for food that will cause mom and bb to be sick or trigger mc, then i suppose it is fine. Dun take the full coke, just take a sip to 2 to meet ur craving.

8 weeks paid by company and 8 weeks paid by govt. Hence, I think most company will want you to take 8 weeks 1 shot. The rest you can stagger.

A bit confused by the concerns??? I think CCL, AL or ML are all leave leh. So can just take ML right cos after 8th week, you are allowed to plan? Anyway, I think better to take 1 stretch cos just nice to BF 4 months. Else milk supply will drop...

Accumulating leave for this year, hopefully can bring over.

Hi ladies, since we're on the topic of leave...What happens prior to the actual birth? Can take MC the week before EDD and just stay at home to rest so that we don't eat into our ML??

Also, anyone else teachers? Then can discuss options. Hehe.

koi, ya.. tinking of moving on after i get my deg this jun. but then, baby come, have to wait till next yr n consume my ML. CCL can be used during notice period also hor? I tink my hr allows. I got some events on in jan 2012, so need come back to work. Dun be so evil, must finish abit of event for them ma...

Back