(2011/08) Aug 2011

Hi Joy, you lost 6kg ? thats is a lot.. did your gynae say anything ??

At least You still got vr last friend "bread".. I had no friend at all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

No kidding, I vomitted everything I eat.. My poor tummy always empty

bunnymummy82,

yes.. I can vomit everywhere

even 10mins walk to my son's school I also can vomit..

I didn put on any weight so far.. but lost 2kg

mama, me too.. i use to sleep in the aircon rm but now i can only switch on the fan.. dun know is it the weather getting colder or due to pregnancy..

bunnymummy, i dun dare to weight myself now after putting on 20kg for #1. haha.. think at the rate i am eating, i have put on abt 2kg ba..

i must agree 6kg is alot. try hot coco, hot chocolate, hot milk..... i only can take tea. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Joy: give me some details to add u to our list :p

Hi ladies, went for ultrasound this morning. I was thrilled to see bb's heartbeat. Based on bb's size, doc say abt 6 weeks plus but I know I'm about 5 weeks preg. Doc say they count based on bb's size and plus minus almost the same.

Still feeling nauseous every day, but bearable kind. hope it doesnt get worse.

Anyway, i went to mothercare but still cannot find bb posters. Din know tt it is so hard to get bb posters

Carole, I took only cold drink (packet drink / soft drink / juice) asked my Gynae, she said "ok, drinks temperature wont affect the baby".

and I dont like to drink plain water.. its taste bitter.

Dandelion, go to popular.. there are a lots of baby posters

Carole, try to minimise ur tea intake as it is not recomemded for pregnant women to consume too much. maybe u could try diluted ribena instead.

dandelion, why wanna look at bb posters? then will have a cute bb? hee hee... i just hope my bb looks like hubby or me.

gina, u very funny. u dun weigh, but the weight is there. oh my goodness, i put on the most among all of you?

Hi Gina & Mama, i also feel cold most of the time! it's my 1st baby. i used to wear more sleeveless before pregnancy.. now i need a shawl or cardigan wherever i go or i will shiver...! lucky i'm not alone! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

now in office, my feet has been feeling very cold!

hi all, yes i lost 6kg. i also think its alot. but i think because im fat la, so lose weight very quickly. a week before christmas i was 73kg. early last week i weighed 67kg. i think now shld be lesser again cos body not much food intake.

i was hospitalised on drip last week cos i was severely dehydrated.

carole here are my details:

baby #1

dr. geraldine tan/tmc

edd 20 aug

cac, i feel cold too! wah, so many of us cold cold mummies! i thought pregnant women always feel warm? haha.... i was wondering if im too weak or what how come so cold easily...

Hi BJY, hehehe.. but I can't afford to lose more weight..Iam already petite at 154cm and 46kg Now.

Joy, opsss.. sob sob.. that's must be hard on you,

HOW you know you were dehydrated ? I always think Iam dehydrated too.. "paranoid"

mama, which popular? i went to IMM but there was none.

bunny, ya, mil says must look at nice things.lol. I also hope bb looks like us cause we look alike anyway. Hee. Btw, I also feel cold these days.

Bunnymummy82, you will feel warm and hot at the last semester.

I also think that Iam weak so I always feel cold .

Dandelion, I bought at POPULAR and HARRIS BOOKSTORE JURONG POINT last week.

CNY shopping

I'm in a dilemma... to wear maternity or not... cos by then will be abt 14 weeks only... m still fitting in my normal clothes very well.. how man... dread going to shop now... cos tired mostly..

CNY foods..

I think most safe to consume bah... Hopefully all of us get out of the nauseous n vomitting stage, so that we can all enjoy CNY!

hey mama, i went for urine test. actually the first time tested dehydrated but i didnt wanna go on drip. so i beared with it until that day vomited again n again. couldnt take it anymore. so called my gynae and went a&e to get admitted. it was so good with the drip on. no nausea no vomiting. but now, coming back again.

i also feel very cold all the time and i hate the after shower feeling. uber cold!! last time i used to let my hair dry on its own. now cant, must use hair dryer else cant tahan the cold

so relieved. it seems feeling cold is normal? i tot it was cos i'm weak! cos i'm already underweight before pregnancy. now i don't eat much, my weight isn't stable... one night i weigh and found myself from 48 become 50... this morning i weigh, i was only 47! i wonder if the bloated stomach added weight so i tot i gained weight.... sob.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hope i dun lose weight further....

hi joy, does the urine test tells u if u r dehydrated or not? the nurse at my clinic will also hand me a urine test strip on my every visit. and it has 2 indicators. she told me it's to check if diabetic. think if the 2 indicators don't change colors, everything should be normal... not sure if that checks for dehydration too? or urs is a diff test?

joy > i see.. i just had my routine check yest. and told doc that i keep feeling nausea... cos at that time, i really wanna puke.. so my face doesn't look good.. he asked if i need a drip!...

i think i perhaps don't need yet since i only vomited afew times, and i did not eat much cos stomach bloated... in order to keep the things that are still inside, i cannot eat more...

in the end, i vomited in my puke bag outside the clinic... it was crowded before i started vomiting... after i'm done, i looked up and saw everyone missing! >_< eww.. i scared everyone away... i already tried walking away from the clinic..... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mommies to be,

We have some new stocks coming in next week, so if you are planning for CNY shopping, do drop by. We have styles that suit the early stages of pregnancy. Do visit our website or better still, come down and try them all!

www.joyluckclub.com.sg

Hi Gina, SY, Cac, bunny_mummy, I oso feel very cold. Can't sleep with hb in air con room, so I moved to guest room with window open. Even without fan / aircon, I still have to wear long sleeve and long pant with blanket till neck ler. Can you imagine? My hb always think I fever. Even now work from home, no fan no aircon, i still wear a cardigan. I tot I'm the only one with weak body, or coz of my thyroid hormone, i even cook more soup with ginger and chicken soup to nourish, but also no help ler. Yesterday cook pig stomach with black pepper, nite time sleep still shiver. No clue liaw what can do to skip from the coldness.

I just woke up from my nap. So shiok, but sleepy again. OMG! How can that little beanie make me into a REAL PIG! Lucky my job allow me to work from home at this period, else I really don't know how to survive.

babydreamy > u r so lucky to be able to work from home.. i have been taking short nap after my short lunch nowadays at my own seat for approx 30 min...

and yes, i felt almost as cold as u... i sleep in room with open windows and no fan.. and will blanket covering me all over... thou no long pants and sleeves but i wear slipper at home all the time cos i can't walk barefooted on concrete as it's too cold for me... my feet is the coldest of all.

thanks mama, I'll drop by to take a look.

Btw mtbs, is it true that we should avoid sweet food now or we may get diabetes?

And is it alright to sleep sideways?

Hi Sac, i also wear slipper at home now. Never wear before i preggie, as I will feel too warm then start to sweat. Now, can't live without the slipper. In MRT, I also feel cold. Now, my bags have 1 cardigan each, coz i am very forgetful, and once i went gynae, no cardigan. Shiver till don't know how to describe. I'm hypothyroid patient for years, so i thought I'm the abnormal one. Seems i'm not alone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I sleep side way also ler, no problem so far.

Dandelion> I've got diabetes when i'm with #1. Too much of sweet stuffs and also in family history. Doc warned that later in life, i'm also very prone to be diabetics.

Nonetheless, in 2nd tri my gynae sent me to the "diabetics class" where i spent whole day in hospital to learn how to control & monitor myself. After "discharge" we were asked to monitor our own conditions throughout the rest of the pregnancy. Gave us a set of the monitoring kit. Poking myself with needles before and after every meal and have to record down till i give birth. Its really not easy.

Sleeping sideways- Dun worry abt that, its absolutely fine. We won't even get to sleep on our back in later stage as the baby will be pressing down on bladder and such.

hi mummies!

those who are feeling cold, wait till you get later in the pregnancy you'll be sweating a lot! i remembered with my #1 i was sweating so much i couldnt wait to deliver her then my body temperature regulated like normal. maybe nowadays also rainy so try to keep the layers on to stay warm.

for me nausea still there but so far never vomit anything, just wretching but nothing come out. trying to keep myself munching all the time so i won't get nauseous, my fave is hello panda! bought a whole big tub to last me a month hopefully. i dread thinking abt what to eat for lunch or dinner sometimes cos thinking abt it turns me off food but hungry, so no choice.

hzloh, sorry i reply so late. my pkg price should be $600 incl consultation, urine and bp test and ultrasound. scan at 5th month is usually excluded and i think pay direct to the radiographer doing for u, as usually wont be yr gynae doing the scan, he will only interpret for you.

Carole, i also used sweetestmoments for my girl's 1st birthday and it was so nice! love the buttercream cupcakes!

Dandelion, last year i did contract teaching for 8 months and i was also taking a weak class but i wasnt pregnant. i think impt is not to shout, esp now beginning of the year else you so stress the whole year through. get their respect by not shouting. you will waste time now to save time in future. usually if i enter a class, my face very stern and i dont take nonsense, if they wont keep quiet when i enter, i will switch off lights and fans and make everyone stand to greet. i will tell them off in a low voice (never raise your voice, it's unhealthy for you in the long run). if it happens more than once, then i dont mind to keep them standing for an entire period. they are a weak class, if you dont get discipline right, they cannot progress well. good luck. pm me if you want to share stories and tips.

Pauline, you mean diabetes can go away after your pregnancy?

Wow! There's even such a thing called diabetes class. There's history of diabetes in my family so kind of worried too. I don't really have sweet tooth but I do not like drinking plain water so I turn to beverages.

i read that sleeping on side is actually better for baby, think it's sleep on your left side because blood flow to your heart.

caramelle, I actually do that but the funny thing is it worked very well for my previous classes but not this one. I do not shout as in yell but raise my voice at strategic point in time. Guess they need time to adapt to my style. Maybe it's my lack of energy these days that are affecting me, really tired and restless.

same here, i am also feeling cold always so will take a hot shower before sleep can realli help... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babydreamy> u are also working from home... work from home is more flexible.

Hi Joy > Yes, i work from home 4 times a week, go office on Friday. But looking at my condition now, even Fri I skip. I work from home coz i have to work very late everyday, supporting US users, so my conference call will end only around 11.30pm or 12 midnite, sometime will last till 1am, esp now is winter time, day light savings. So, that's the flexibility of my work, but look in another side of the coin, i dont get to sleep at 10pm, coz tat's my peak every evening, lined up with many concals. So, actually not good for preggie who suppose to sleep at 10pm/lastest by 11pm so that liver can detox properly.

babydreamy: I did not know have to sleep by 10pm... I also doing many con calls every night with USA team members and that sucks cuz I really feel tired like every single hour of the day. Sitting in the office already make me feel so sleepy.

Im feeling hungry every now and then. Anyone know if can eat seafood? Have been craving for crabs recently but hb don't let me eat

Missfang > If you google / read some chinese medicine books, the best detox timing is 11pm to 2am. Sleeping should be during that time coz the liver is detox, any timing after that, is actually no use anymore. But I know life in city like us, is never so discipline. So, I try to sleep by 12 midinte, at least if this statement is to be true, then I still have 2 hours to detox, though sometime I will sleep like 2am only when workload is peak. Hate those US guys who like to keep talking and argue for something useless, just want to show visibility, never think other ppl at the other side of the world is soooo sleepy... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I feel hungry every now and then also. I ate more prawns and cuttlefish, coz i read preggie books say these 2 gave some vitamins that bb needs? True or not? But i limit la, eg: i order seafood horfun, will have may be 3 to 5 prawns, i will eat 3 and some cuttlefish, some fish cake.

I crave for Ang mo kio crab bihun that day, my hb not allow me to eat, so at the end, i "jio" my sis to go with me. But i didn't eat the crab la, i drink the cheesy soup with bihun in claypot. I myself dare not eat coz i scare if i really carry boy, and his hand next time a lot and active, then i will blame myself, though i see my sis give birth to an super hyperactive boy even though she didn't eat crab at all. So, it's all depends. My principal, do something that can make you happy. I was also thinking, if i don't eat crab now, next time with infant dining out, still got time "kopek" those crab shell meh??? Puzzled... so still control my self from crab, not sure when i will "buka puasa"... hihi

Hi MTB,

I feel cold too! Hi 5! babydreamyqueen, i also wear slipper at home lately... plus the cold weather, shower seems to be a terrible routine... envy u so much that u can work from home... how i wish i can do that too! bcos i'm so sleepy all day!

I asked my friend who is a mummy of 2 about MS, she told me not to take water with empty stomach. so these 2 days, i start eating biscuits 1st then 5 mins later start with small spoon of milk slowly... it does helps... do try!

1 more recommendation from friend too! separate the meal into many parts... pls imagine,i tabao a pack of beehoon and i start eating at 8am and finished it at 1130am... then 12 noon i go for my lunch with colleagues...but i only took a little....

i do envy those who can take sweet stuff... i only eat spicy and sour food now... that's all i can take... even when i order KOI bubble tea, can only order Lime Green tea withOUT pearl ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Dandelion> Its called Gestational diabetes.

Gestational diabetes (or gestational diabetes mellitus, GDM) is a condition in which women without previously diagnosed diabetes exhibit high blood glucose levels during pregnancy.

babydreamy> must rest more at this stage especially they say 1st trimester is the most crucial stage, me use to run outdoor & attend site meetings before preg but now hubby ask me to stay in ofc/home cos he afraid i will faint down @ the site... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

missyfang> for seafood u can eat moderate, i have also cut down on it (certain seafood have high mercury content)

After seeing you all will feel cold, now then I know why my feets are always cold nowadays when I didn't even on my fan in living room. I thought is the weather too cooling thats why my feets always cold. Lol so is because of pregnancy!

For CNY shopping, I have bought some maternity bottoms like jeans and 3/4 khakis cos I can't fit in my original jeans anymore. As for tops, abit hard to find cos most of the tops are sleeveless! I have pig arms so don't want to show my arms out lol! Don't wanna wear dress so early cos if i wear, my tummy will be very obvious which now is still early to tell people. Some more i seldom wear dress before pregnancy. If starts to wear now, people will come to ask me if i'm preggy.

So in the end, don't know what to buy lol...

babydreamy, my friend ate a lot of crabs during her pregnancy and her baby came out with a lot of hair on the head! but later when we go out, people mistake her 3mth old for being a year old cos got so much hair. hehe! i hear mutton also make baby hairy right? i just had soft shell crab for lunch..yumz!

JoyJoy, in the morning when i take the train from pasir ris i will rush for a seat because on two occassions i was standing until tanjong pagar, when i reach there i felt very faint. yest saw this china-man sleeping on the reserved seat - i felt like stepping on his foot and demanding for the seat. haha! do you think we have a right? it's reserved for us!

anyone still wearing high heels? i havent told my boss so bo bian cannot be too obvious...

caramelle, I've switch to max of 2 inch heels and flats.. as my office stairs is slippery...

maybe u should hint your boss...

since i just back from my holiday trip.. I started of hinting with "how is 1 week without me helping u?"... "how about 4 months without me?"

i told mine last week and he was very concern and ask me to be careful... at 1st i dun have the courage to tell so i ask my colleague to hint him 1st then i hint him further...

he told me he is happy for me and i'm glad... maybe it does link to his fatherly nature.

Caramelle, I don't scared of bb with lots of hair, i scare of bb with lots of hand and legs, esp if hyperactive like crabs. Then i will faint! Old liaw, no energy to catch him/her.

Wao... soft shell crab... yummy, the thai express curry soft shell crab with rice... yum yum... think I have to go eat one of these days... just had mee siam, and now crave for it again. Alamak, 100% de pig mummy here, though i suppose to be rabbit mummy. ~_~

I bring my ultrasound scanning with me all the time, so in case i really get asked to stand up from the reserved seat, i will show them my report. But so far, I dare not ask them to stand up to give up the seat to me, coz last week when i go office, i saw 1 even more heavily preggie than me, standing right in front of the R seat, also kena ignored. Not to say me la, 8 wks nia. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Caramelle: I've switched to flats. And yep, quite a number of colleagues have asked me if I'm expecting. I think flats are ultimately safer... Anything for the baby... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

caramelle: of cuz we have a right! But I realised many people act blur.. sigh.

I just wish my 2nd tri reach faster so I don't have to keep a secret within people I know. Hate it when they keep asking and when I try to brush it off, they asked the next time they see me.

hello everyone,

I would like to join in and participate in your conversation. I am currently on bedrest (during the last 2 mths) as I was spotting (blood or brownish discharge)

Now I am in my 10th week and feeling much better, although I still puke occasionally. My doc has put me on progestrone tablets but I think my body is pretty resistant to them cos I usually puke more at nite.

I am currently still resting at home. My company has flexi working but my boss seems to be resistant against us working from home. I am actually very worried to go back to work cos I go hungry every 2 hrs & will need to find food every 2 hrs which may be disruptive.

Carole, could you kindly add me into the list.

Pipilili/ #1/ 3rd Aug/ Dr Arthur Tseng/KKH

caramelle,

I also got bad craving for CRAB. But my doc told me to avoid seafood(those that eat dirt) and peanuts.When I saw Li Guo Hwang on TV eating Sri Lankan crab, I oso feel like having it.

SY,

If you feel cold, you can wear socks and long pants (like those ah pek trousers - my mum got a set (silky type) for my hubby and me when we got married, and its very warm and good) You can buy from Chinatown. I wear long pants and socks before I go to bed, but I need the fan. My poor hubby is freezing every nite. haha. Also, you can try to drink chicken essence every day (I drink half bottle every day initially cos I was cold and weak, but now I drink 2-3 days half bottle.)

Fleur,

May I ask you where you got your flats. I was wearing 3.5-4 inch high heel when I go to office and didn't have any office-like flats. I only have a pair of addidas flats but its green and white. I thought I can go back to work in 3 Jan and rushed to Bishan Bata to buy 1 pair of flats impulsively. ($25 dollars/cobbler to do non-slip bottom -$10)

All,

Are you guys go out for CNY shopping? I have been staying at my mum's pl and my lovenest most of the time. Most shopping is done online (maternity clothes). I am scared to go out cos of crowds, cos my doc told me to avoid crowds.

Back