(2011/08) Aug 2011

babysee, prepare a puke bag at ur desk and in ur bag/car.. in case u cannot make it in time to the toilet... i had a puke bag with me all the time as i feel like puking all the time... hang in there, let's hope the worst will be over in 2-3 weeks times!

carole, i cannot stomach anything that is oily now... only can take plain and bland food...

re: annouce pregnancy

so difficult to keep mum... frens jio me to makan but i hv so many restrictions... can't wait for 1st tri to be over!

CrystalJc: CL will stay 28 days only.

if you do not have a helper, here's the following:-

1) cooks for you, and separate food for hubby.

2) Looks after bb day and night. Shower and feed

3) Basic housekeeping & Laundry of yours and baby. (hubby ones usually washing machine)

4) Grocery should be abt once a week, and usually hb sends her to the nearest wet market.

its a total of 28days.

a must:- start work Ang bao and "close" work angpao to be given to CL.

Start work, a good number of $20 is good. Close work will depends on her job performance. ranging from $20 to $200. Also depends your pocket too. if you hv paid her 2k for CL fees.. close work can be $20 again. :p

Hi Mama,

Yes, there is. My gynae ask me to take the jab instead as he is worried that i will vomit the oral medication.

adv_sports: Thanks.. you too, take care.

Thanks carole for the info… the CL charges 2300 initially, but due to recommendation by frd, so she charges me 2k… ok in that case I will give start and end work angbao of $20 each. Didn’t know I have to do it initially, nobody told me.. haha..

hi, i have a preloved Maternity Apron (Anti-radiation) in Pink colour. This is to prevent the explosure to radiation esp from computer n tv to our bb inside our womb. i washed twice only and look very new. warranty still available until May this year. Let go at $100 (original price is $168). please sms me 97492202 if you are interested.

Crystaljc: Me too know nuts for my #1. the agent actually told me abt it. :p now with #3.. lol this CL still doing my confinement. i m soo contented.

Jeslyn: Thanks for your pm =) I had a massage lady for my previous pregnancy but din help my tummy.. still out of shape even after I lost all the weight..

Lets all jia you towards the end of our first trimester! I also started week 10 this week.. at least we can hopefully enjoy our CNY and not be so tired and nauseous!

Hi all i'm on my 9th week today. MS still going on [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Puked out almost 3meals a day, if not puking felt like sth stuck on top of my throat must force puke if not cant talk. Sour taste after puking too doc says its bcos not enuf of food but how can it be enuf when afterfood i aldy feel like puking? Slight dehydration too due to rates of vomit. Is it true that will be over after 2nd tri? If yes I cannot wait!

Was out preparing CNY items during weekend with inlaws, bought some drinks incl some beers. Wonder if cld drink beer during CNY since i'll be on my 2nd tri? :p

Hi I m new here *excited wave*. Little one expected to due on aug 9 2011 and this is my first baby. Hmm was wondering whether any MTB know pineapple tarts is safe to eat? I have one tin sitting at home tempting me whereas my next visit to the gynae is not due for another 2 weeks so cannot ask till then.

Want To Sell: My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow (Used)

Dear All,

I am looking to sell My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow. Used less than 10 times only. Item still in original packaging as per the picture below

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8919/img1001q.jpg

Bought at $81.40 as per the picture with the price tag on packaging

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6764/img1002uc.jpg

Selling at $50 only.

Interested parties, please sms me at 97421248 or email me at [email protected]

Self collection at Suntec during work hours or Jurong West or Bukit Panjang after work hours.

Dear All,

I want to sell my 5 months old Medela Freestyle Breastpump. Item is a US set, not a local set. Information about the set is as follows as its bought from the same seller in Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Medela-Freestyle-Brand-New-Latest-model-/290519460189?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item43a44f295d

I still have the box packaging and I will provide all the items listed in the ad. Will throw in 2 X Medela SoftFit Breastshield (Brand new) as that has direct contact with my body and therefore its not hygenic to provide my used ones. The SoftFit Breastshield looks like the item below:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Medela-Softfit-Breastshield-1-pair-/290520534506?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item43a45f8dea

Item still in great condition and battery life is as good as new. Used for 3 months only and then keep in storage.. Selling for only $300.

Interested parties, please sms me at 97421248 or email me at [email protected]

Self collection at Suntec during work hours or Jurong West or Bukit Panjang after work hours.

Hello all

hi Carole, you r the most consistent in this tread, I can't remember most of others but it's good to have a familiar name [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I wrote in last week n dissappear for a few days coz Internet n wifi was down at home, n was back at work. Can u imagine my male boss called me into his room n asked me to look into his eyes whether am I alright?! Coz I mc 3 days for first 3 days of new year week!

I feel guilty coz everyday I m hiding somthg fr my boss, n don dare to tell him I m preggy even though I m assigned to fly to swizerland in feb first week!

Anyway Carole, could u pls update me in ur list ? My Edd as of the last I saw my gynae was 25 aug. Using dr Ang huay yin/GE

Pauline is in same shoes as I m - n she is missing in this tread already. Pauline u there? Can reply me pls? Coz I m no MS or any symptoms at all too! Approaching my 8th week n no puke, no craving, no nothing, it's no good coz hormones not changing! Sobsob

all I felt is some bit of swollen breast ( I m already C) so not much diff, n bloatedness - my non preggy days I burp n always feel bloated coz I have weak stomach. So really worried coz too smooth to believe.

Like Pauline , I wish I have u/s machine to hear my bb hb. Next doc appt is 31 Jan, how long more to go? Sigh

Jes (young_jes) ,

hi how r u? I m super vain n looking at my mum after 3 kids, she totally lost her used to be 23 inch waist. I keep putting on weight since I was preparing to get pregnant. N after my first m/c , I did not loose the 3 kgs tt I put on since then, so my weight been going up even so early in my pregnancy . Sigh

so pls may I have the massage lady contact too? As I m new, wats pm? U write a personal message to me to my email inbox is it? So i check my inbox ya?

Thank u very the much ;)

Hi,

I have the following to let go, almost brand new as seldom used . Pls PM me if interested

1. Ameda Lactaline Dual Pump at $300 (retail $388)

2. Baby Bjorn Synergy (Air Mesh Material) in Dark Blue at $200 (retail $289)

3. Capella S705 stroller (2010 model, Blue color) at $250 (retail $329)

4. My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow at $50 (retail $81)

5. Bumbo (yellow color) with play tray at $45 (retail $79.90)

Koaddymummy,

I've tried fresh pineapple during my prev pregnancy... And watermelon too... Del monte bananas as well... Nothing went wrong... But if you are afraid, den better don't take the risk bah...

Thanks Celia p, bellering. Can just wait patiently, beside waiting, is still waiting for 20 Jan.

Need some advice here. Is MTB so sleepy whole day long? I really don't understand myself why I am so sleepy. Like today, I slept from last nite 12 midnite till this morning 9am, then 12 noon i took a nap again till 12.45pm. Then 5.30pm, i slept again till 6.30pm. Now I am sleepy again. So far, no clear MS yet. Tat's why wondering if the little beanie is ok. Or body full of toxic, tat's why so tired??? Clueless. Can still eat quite some of stuff, no vomit, only sore breast. So, really wonder if my hormon is ok. Am I really tat lucky one? Or just some signs that I should be alert of now? sweetpaine, same like u... are we worrying for nonsense? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] 20 Jan... 10 more days... aiyo...

Hi sweetpaine, no worries, i am pretty much like you no ms or puke except for swollen tender breast bloated tummy and always hungry .. i was worried intially too and my gynae also Dr Ang Huai Yen assured me during my 1st appt that maybe i am one of the lucky ones who dun suffer from ms as long as there is not red spotting u shouldnt worry too much.. relax and enjoy being a mtb

Hi kodaddymummy, I took some pineapple tarts today n got brown spotting tonight. Not sure it's due to it so maybe can avoid or take in moderation?

Sweetpaine: i not the most consistent. just that i so much anger in me that i yak yak yak :p I cant seem to find u on the list, or maybe i really can see that.. lol so i added again. but if you do see double, just let me know :p

Lehcar: cant possibly becos of that. did you walk lots during the day? did you push yourself too hard to complete something? slow down.. if spotting continues today, call gynae.

I had spotting when i was in bkk, cos my girl insisted on TUKTUK ride. SHe enjoys the ride, but it was too rough for me. i kena spotting in the evening.

Sweetpaine> Hi there ! hope everything is well with you. Tomorrow would be my 2nd visit to the Gynae, so would request the Dr to scan again to let me see so that i can feel more secure.

Last sat night finish half of a regular papaya by myself cos its so sweet and tasty. Next thing i know, my tummy hurts like hell and went to the loo several times. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

good morning mummies and welcome new mtbs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: MS

i found a way to curb my MS -- i split my dinner to two smaller portions(ate them 2 hours apart).. after eating, will walk here walk there to digest... during #1, I used to go out for 1hr evening walk with hubby... now with #1 ard, difficult to go for walks as need to feed her dinner, wash up, get ready for bed... so i walk ard the house *haha*

carole, the tuk tuk must be rough ride for u!

re: pineapple tart

dunno if it is the cause, but I ate pineapple tarts during #1 and had spotting... so hubby forbids me to buy pineapple tarts for this cny [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] anyway, better play safe -- can eat after delivery :p

re: sleepy

babydreamy queen, before i found out i m pregnant with #1, i suddenly feels very tired after work and zzz at 8-9pm! hubby thot it was strange and when we found out I was pregnant, then we realised my body was working doubly hard for the growing baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so it is normal to feel tired easily...

during weekends, i will nap 2 hours with my #1 -- will feel better with the extra sleep boost and able to tahan till after 10pm...

adv_sports, i can't believe i am so "pig" ler, coz can sleep so much in the day. If nap once, may be i can still accept, but it's like nap twice a day... before i preggie, I can only nap on Sat noon, coz i will last till 2 - 3am then affect next day wake up time. But now, really like someone mix sleeping pills for me. I woke up ard 7pm last nite, then slept again at 12 midnite after finish my laundry. Can't believe myself.

babydreammy queen, good that you can sleep loads now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] juz rest as much as needed! coz you will be deprived of sleep after baby is out :p

since my #1 arrived, i never sleep pass 8am -- she wakes up at 7am everyday(including weekends n public hols!)

Hi Mummies,

Went for my scanning yesterday. Finally can see bb heart beat, dr play the sound for me to hear too.

I nv experience that during my #1. Doc say my EDD could be in late aug n may hit 1sept too!

He say i can eat what even i want even cold food, soft drink everything, but dun force myself to eat what i dislike. He even comment say CNY if i wanted to travel also no problem.

After mc for whole week, i am finally back to work today. Restless..

Hubby ask me to resign on the 20Jan after my paid. Hope resigning is the best for me.

Ok, then may be is really normal. I worry the little one in there didn't make it, and may be rot inside or wat, then toxic too much, so become so sleepy or lethargic. Still patiently wait for 20 Jan. 9 more days to go...

hi mummies, i am back.. finally manage to get online after few days of rest.. just too tired.. guess still jet lag.. was happy to hear my bb hb on sat.. gynae say my EDD will be on 2nd Sep..

BJY: if hb can afford to let u rest home why not? i bet he heartaches to see you slogging to work with a tummy too.

BbDreamyqueen: dont be sooo negative. Cheer up!

This friday, i m gng for my 11th week scan. maybe next week will be the FTS. I prays all well. Hb cant possibly go for the visits, and i m all alone.. duhz.. he also dont want our #1 to follow cos if she does tt, she will be missing school.

p00h updated:p

Carole,

Actually our finance quite tight but then my work scope need lots of walking, carrying n planning. Lots of meeting. So my working load isnt light nor can excuse myself from all this even if i am pregnant. So after telling my husband telling him i cant take the job any longer. Chances of miscarriage is very high. Plus in the morning n back home need to fight to get into the train.

koaddymummy,

yeah u reminded me tt i cant eat pineapple tarts this CNY! omg, i love it, its my fave CNY goodies! but to be safe, ill not eat this year. or maybe just 1 or 2... anyone else beside sel who ate pineapples n nothing happen?

sweetpaine,

i didnt have any feeling of nauseousness before my 8th week, only some bloatedness. then suddenly in my 8th week, i kept feeling nauseous after meals. i think its indigestion? i din actually puke, but will burp often, feel full easily and sometimes vomit some water out. aiyo... so i think if u feel comfy, its gd for u!

babydreamy and sus,

im very sleepy too! usually by 6pm, i feel sleepy liao. and i can sleep at like 9pm which is very early cos i usually sleep really late! dun really understand why a little beanie can make me so tired. hahaha...

and i eat quite a lot in the morning till 2pm like that. dunno why so greedy, kept eating. i feel like a pig too!

Hi Mummies,

Today is my #1 1st yr b'day. Currently i am 8 wks pregnant but tummy seems abt 3-4mths. Feeling sleepy in the day and i am hungry every 2-3 hrs. Hopefully dun put on too much weight this time.

bunnymummy, pineapple tart is my fav as well. maybe i will eat the tart and take away the pineapple.. haha..

Do any mummies feel cold often? I am feeling cold since i am pregnant but for my #1 i always feel hot..

BabyDreamyQueen and Sweetpaine > My symptoms are exactly the same as you two! Let's don't think too much, our little one shd be ok in there. Me too waiting for my next appt with gynae at 21 Jan. Seems so long to wait!

Me too always feel sleepy whole day. Early morning wake up feel refresh but 2 hrs later, feel like zzz again.

Have you all shop for your CNY clothes already??

Hi Gina,

Same here... l am around 9 weeks pregnant, but my tummy also look big. All my working clothing cannot wear already.

genial, is this ur #1? this is my #1 but i seriously think i look 4 months lor. cant wear my usual working clothing too. im ard 9 weeks too.

gina, no pineapple not nice! i was wondering, pineapple tart's pineappleall cooked liao, still cant eat meh... my hubby told me not to do things ill regret. haha... i think he is right...

SY, i bought 2 maxi dresses cos i think quite safe can wear in 1 month's time. other clothes i feel not safe to buy cos dunno how big tum-tum will be... oh oh...

mummies, those are cooked pineapples.. :p its ok to eat. but,always do it in moderation :p nothing excessive :p but remember, these pineapple tarts got lots of sugar, too much will not be good as well :p

hi everyone, i woke up feeling fresh this morning thinking my MS might be over? Took breads n warm honey for bfast and when i come online rushed to bowl again for the 'argument' merlion all out sigh!

SY, I have not buy my cny clothes as my tummy looks big so thinking if i should get maternity dress instead.

Genial, me too so i am currently wearing dress. Think most ppl i know can see tat i am pregnant coz of my tummy.. haha..

Bunnymummy, my hubby said the same thing as well.. haha.. better dun eat if not regret.. but last yr i didnt eat much as i just finish my confinement then this yr pregnant also cant eat.. think must tolerate until next yr le..

hi everyone im new here. close to week 9 of pregnancy already. feeling nauseous n having horrible ms. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i have lost ard 6kg already cos no appetite n most of the things i eat i vomit. sigh. i just pray that the 1st trimester will end soon.

looking at u guys talk abt cny goodies make me envious. i wish i have appetite

Joy: go slow on food.. even if u hv no appetite to eat, you should. as the bb needs the nutrients from ur food to go into the placenta to feed the bb. take small meals but many times.

ahhh.. i m more lucky. my hb nvr bothers what i eat, more impt he knows tt all things should be eaten with moderation. frankly 1 or 2 or 3 wont kill. but not the whole tub.

carole, i tried going slow already. even my most trusted milo during this period of time works no more. i vomited it out this morning. sigh. very xinku. now my very last food friend left is bread.

Hi Gina,yes..me

I always feel cold especially my palms and feets.. I used to sleep with aircon and fan but now Iam afraid of them.

CNY SHOPPING

Not at all.. I dont even start to buy my son's new year clothings.. pity him.

Hubby just asked me last night when can go for some CNY shopping.. I just asked him to spared me. I can't go out even for 1hour.

asked him to do the shopping with my maid instead...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

joy, u lost so much weight! 6 kg is a lot! i think i put on 3 kg liao! and thats a lot i know.

mummies, how much weight have u all put on so far?

Back