(2011/08) Aug 2011

PiPi,

CL is so difficult to find, not to mention a really gd and zheng zhong 1. they are oso getting exp. and some can even hint hint hw much ang bow they expecting to get. b4 they start work, they wan ang bow, after confinement period, they wan another 1..aiyoh! really think we print $$. gv too little, scared they anyhw treat the bb, gv too much later CL cannot make it type, then we regret waste $$.

my 1st CL cooking sucks, but expert with bb care,so i tolerated. but end up i din eat well and feel so moody thinking of having to eat her cooking for 1 mth..depression.

this round i cross my fingers..i gvg her pay wk by wk. so if she no gd, i can ask her to leave after 1st wk.

i noe many mummies hvg #2 here. my #1 is in K1. any mummies here with same age #1?

any mummies here hvg VBAC?

i forgot to ask...

any mummies noe where to get sleeping bra? i bot 1 during the bb fair and it was super comfy. din see any at any of the malls.

thks in advance.

I think sometimes ppl think Singaporeans are "roberto" aka carrot which can be chopped easily. and sad to say I am a typical SGean too! I just hope my CL do a good job.

Sungrapes: Can get nursing bras from SMH BP, I am sure there are ppl who are selling thru BP. I got mine thru BP(bulk purchase) too. I only bought 2 pc.

Sungrapes,

yes, same like PiPi. I bought 2 pc from the BP here. Saw they also selling the sleeping bra but not sure what's that.

I find ridiculous when CL asks for exact $ they want for enter/exit ang pow. Frankly speaking, we have not experience how "good" ur service is so y shld we be paying so much and meet all ur requirement. What if u didnt even meet our BASIC requirement?

We shouldnt spoil the CL, if they were to ask for how much they want for ang pow, ask us to pay for their transportation (like express couch fare from their hometown to sg) then we juz source for other CL loh..

There r many good CL out there never request for such thing and yet can perform much better than them.

In fact, dunno since when those ridiculious CL start asking for long distance transportation fee coz normally they only ask for taxi fare from the bus station or custom to our home.

Pipi,

ya, i will c if i can crawl to suntec haha.. coz nowadays tummy very heavy

Dunno who is hiring CL here but I intend to give only $38 ang bao as goodwill gesture(welcome ang bao) cos c'mon I already paid her for her service $2.2K. The bye bye ang bao depends how well she did, how is the overall health of bb and me to determine how much I want to give her.

I think my CL has good life cos my maid will be doing all the housework, compared to other families. So I hope she "zhi dong" aka automatic, and do a gd job. If not,her bye bye ang bao maybe just $8. Hohohohohoooo.

i heard some of the CL even ask if they r required to do hsework.. How come I hv never heard abt this in the past. Nowadays they r asking for more and more.

Their charges keep increasing but in fact some of they still increase slowly not chopping our head. My CL and her friend still charge us $2k and i really wonder y and what kind of market rate r they comparing to increase up to $2.+k

Some even ask for deposit but end up claim cant make it, replaced by a sucks CL or dun even turn up at all.

Pipi: the 2.2k which you are paying her is only for her salary right ? Izzit those cooking ingredients, tonics etc.. you have to pay reimbursement her separately ? wow.. CL so expensive to employ one ah..

Also, any mummies here bought breast pumps already? Yesterday went to Kiddy Palace and all the elecrtic breast pumps soo exp de.. $200 +++ ...

Pipi i agree w you!Mine dun wan use nappy cloth,dun wan handwash clthes.i b getg maid to do all!i intend give $18 then go bk gd give $28!

Morning gals... Mid week, looking fwd to weekend again ~_~

How you gals feelings? I had a bad dream last nite. I dreamt that I was in labor room and nurse torture me like hell. Then ask me go home to wait, coz is false alarm. Woke up sweat like anything! May be depressed liaw, see so many mummies giving birth and yet i have not handover my jobs. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Pipi, 1st gal popped liaw... aka da jia [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jess, your company so good ah, even let you work from home after pop? U mean during your ML or after your ML? After my ML, i have to go back office liaw, so i enrol my gal to nearby infant care oredi.

Thanks Adv_sports on the cups info, may be i will try to get some from hosp. Think will be easier to give bottle, coz the flow is controlled. Will see how things goes, dare not think so much. 5 more weeks for me to full term.

I can still sleep, but prob is frequent pee and itchy skin. Any of you here having bad rashes? Mine is turned worse to worse. Esp at the private area. Sigh... make me like monkey everynite though oredi sleep in air con room.

Reg CL, may be we shld be appreciative that we have alternative to get a CL here. In Taipei, my friend paying 3.5 K for staying in CL, like wat we have. Excluding all the eating, insurance, expenses etc. My friend in Germany and France, they don't have such choice. So, I think some CL really did good job, while some is just for money sake. So, even though my mum did confinement for me, I also pay the same so that she has some pocket money. In fact, I still need to pick up some chores myself since is own mum. Hope we get to have a relaxing confinement lo. But the weather surely killing us la. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Take good care everyone! Some more weeks to go, then all will have popped!

good morning mtbs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

feeling more tired - tummy is getting lower n more tightening of tummy... no mood to work but gotta tahan another 4 weeks *arghh* hubby has a hunch that bb will come out sooner -- let's c [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] now waiting for signs *anxiously*

heard many stories of CL -- mostly horror ones but some good ones... hope all mtbs hiring CL will have a good experience as the confinement is tiring time for new mummies to adjust to "panda-eye" club due to bfg...

luckily my mum is coming to do my confinement... then i can have a good rest with peace of mind... i also gave my mum angpow -- forgot how much, hubby said give more this time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wen and pipi, hope ur CL dun bully ur maid...

Gynae did my first vaginal examination yesterday to check for dilation - very uncomfortable & absolutely hated it! can't imagine that this has to be done during every weekly visit & many times during labour [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi DC

how far are you into your pregnancy? My gynae only started checking 2 weeks ago ie week 35.

he will be chceking again this sat ie week 37.

I feel very uncomfortable too..

how is the vaginal examination conducted - pls share. will female gynaes be gentle?

pls share birth stories- been feeling pain at pubic area....

babydreamyqueen.. work from home after i pop during ML.. after ML i also have to go back to office, and hopefully my mum can manage looking after my girl too.

vaginal exam: i will be doing it this friday.. super weird. i heard to check is insert finger - 1 finger = 1cm roughly. OMG! cant imagine myself getting fist :p

I think if these CL work for Msia family in Msia, they hardly get such good perks. Nowadays they "hiam" too much. Good and reliable ones really hard to find.

Melody: Ask you huh, I saw your actual name in our FB list, you F or M cos the name is a gentleman's name. I got a shock leh...

The 2.2K is only salary. Nothing included. Breastpump, you can get from this lady in FB, she is jio-ing ppl to buy. I got Medela Freestyle.

Wen: My CL still pretty ok, she says she can help me to do housework if I dun have maid (cos tt time I dun want to tell her my plans yet so I told her my hse got no maid b4 hiring her)

Lucky Adv_sports/BDQ - you have mummies to help out during confinement period.

DC: I oso kenna my first V inspection in wk 36 (last week), this wk will kenna V inspection again (wk 37) and I guess every wk will kenna V inspection till I pop. Although my gynae is gentle, but he is STILL A MAN! And to make matter worse, he is not a old man! I nvr felt comfortable when I need to remove my panties to let him do any sort of inspection or pap smear. I wonder what will happen on delivery day...

gilera: I am getting groin aches/pain but gynae says its normal last week. This week I am going to tell him it is getting more unbearable and see what he is going to tell me. Getting up after peeing, walking and standing up after sitting down I will feel groin ache/pain. Not sure if yours is the same as mine. I don't get V pain though.

Pipi: Haaa...I dont have my own FB account. Yes, I am that mountain tortoise. So I used my HB's account instead. But my husband said he already 'left the group' because it seems that he said he received alot of emails alerts. So I am not sure whether I am still inside anot?

How much did you pay for the Medela Freestyle ? Outside selling few hundred leh ..? I am still hesitating.. where can I find that facebook lady if I want to check with her the selling price?

This sat gynae going to check my V again.. very pai sei leh ... yucks yucks yucks...

You gimme your email addy, I ask her to email you the details if you wanna get breastpump. Got other brands too, but they are all imported sets from USA.

the fingering feeling is disgusting but nothing much we can do coz they want to check the dilation [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i juz got my medela and nipple cream from the FB spree, cost me $4++ in total (shld be less than $450)

ok thanks Pipi!

I will get in touch with potato directly.

Potato I emailed you already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pipi, DC, melody, from now gynae will check for cervix dilation at every visit... uncomfy but no choice... try to relax and not tense up -- will be less painful...

for #1, my cervix was checked by many pp -- nurses, on duty doc @ delivery suite, gynae... i had light spotting (browish discharge) after that -- so do be watch out...

some of nurses are gentle and will ask me to relax before checking... i remembered this rough nurse during labour for #1 -- it was so painful and i lost my will to withstand the contraction pain (after being discouraged by the slow dilation 3cm(start) to 5cm after 4 hours!)... suddenly could feel the extreme contraction pains [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but miraculously, it took only 1 hour from 5cm to 10cm! So mtbs, dun be discourage and loose ur will power -- miracles do happen!

pipi, m feeling pain at the groin when getting up from seat today... hv to walk super slow... let's c what ur gynae says when u see him this week... m seeing mine next wed -- dunno can wait till then! hubby dreamed that i gave birth last nite...

Melody: there's more savings when u buy from bbPotato. I ordered mine from SMH BP seller already before I discovered there is this lobang. I have a lot of problems with the BP seller (e.g. he forgot my order, no responses from him, delivery delays, etc). All these boh liao things makes my blood boils then..

PiPi (pipilili)

yes this pain called SYMPHYSIS PUBIS DYSFUNTION

started at Week 27 pain when lift leg to wear undies. now get up from seat, turn in bed, walk etc also pain. seems no cure. doc ask me dun execise - how can dun exercise... we will be more stiff.

when did your start?

doc was concern of natural birth since so pain, i said give me epidural la.....

when do we need to start drinking coconut water (for cleaning BB)? any kind in particular? does it really work?

was also told to drink chicken essence to give us strength - like red bull? when to drink this?

alot of other mummies swear by raspberry leaf tea to induce labour.... who wanna purposely start labour!!!!!!

how many weeks are u all now?

wondering what else needs to be done. feel like packing hospital bag - still need bring original marriage certificate...

heard can pre-register at TMC, anyone tried that before actual delivery day?

when walking thru TMC hospital tour, there is flight of stairs leading to the birthing rooms... how are we expected to climb them?

had been spending 30 min plus in toilet when constipated and sweating, hurting, worried push too hard will hurt BB.

wonder if childbirth is really like passing motion.

My pain only started last wk (wk 36) but my gynae says normal...cos bb is not engaged yet so he thinks its just expanding of the pelvis.

This week I will tell him its getting unbearable and see what he says. I got this feeling my V cannot close like tt too...shit, something tells me maybe its coming soon.

gilera: I am oso having epidural. i told my gynae already - I specifically reminded him during every visit these days that I want a pain free delivery. You know what he says? Not pain you cannot push! A little pain is good for you *duhhh!*

adv sports: wow.. you are amazing !!!! 1 hr can dilate so fast. But not every one so lucky like you.

I attended the TMC prenatal class, the Mrs Wong instructor recommended that we start to "massage" the V area opening to soften and widen the muscle for easier labour and faster dilation. But I find it yucky to do so and have not done such V area exercise.

Btw, I want to check with you all mummies, are you going to let your HB accompany you in the labour ward? As in watch you in labour ?

Gilera: I have been drinking coconut water since last month. I bought the whole young coconut. Try not to take the canned coconut. And I drink only the water and leave the flesh for my Hb to eat.

I rather drink chicken essence to boost energy than red bull.

gilera: My friend who is due in July bought these organic raspberry tea leaves to drink. She actually broke her water bag 2 weeks before EDD. Honestly I think she 'siao' but I think she must have heard it from another classmate of mine.

The chicken essence thing I heard before from my mum's 'san gu lui por' friends. It's to be taken before you go to the hospital, supposed to give you strength to push.

I took coconut water only since wk 34. I drank many types before already...The mini/small thailand ones (sweet water), the green husked ones from Msia (not v sweet), and the ones from NTUC (like the green husked ones so big lah but without the green husked on - meaning botak already) NTUC ones - sweetness ok, in b/w the abv 2. I drink like 1 week once cos mum said too much, she is afraid I will be too liang.

OF COURSE! die die will drag HB in. i asked if he wanna cut the cord, he was like grossed out when we watched on discovery chn, thick slippery white cord being cut... he said he might faint.

i told him he in charge of QUALITY CHECK in case i pass out or tired adfter delivery - he say he will pass out too... annoying!

they prob wont allow HB pass teh screen la so they wont be irked out by someting coming out of our V.

have not been getting any action since wk 10? so sad... dunno after delivery when tehn can again...

my hubby was coward initially, but these days he is acting like BIG PAPA, saying he will go in. (probably he went to ask ard other guy friends) tsk tsk tsk, I said to him," your child, you dun wan to go in and see. Once in a lift time, money cannot buy one horrrrr...." And drill this into his head and make him regret if he dun go in w me. Ai yoh, gynae also assured him tt he wont see anything at V area, only gynae can see V.

u sure ? My hb wants to go in with me. He wants to witness the whole process... But I have my own reservation.

I am worried that after he witness the delivery, he will lose interest in sex after that... how ?

he wants to cut the cord too. I feel that the whole process is too messy and bloody..

Pipi: really ?? Hb go in wont' see the V area meh ?? where would Hb's position be in the labour ward?

I have heard of couple where by the husband video the delivery process leh. As in the bb coming out from V.

If I were a man, honestly it will kill my interest in sex if I were to witness the delivery process. It is just so unsexy..

Gynae said only emerg c-section is messy and hubby might freaked out.

Normal delivery with the right setting, hubby wun freaked out. So many ppl in SG go thru already, dun worry.

Hubby can only stand beside you. Not whr gynae is standing. The nurses and gynae will tell your hubby off if he try to stand in gynae's area. (tt's what happened to my friend when his wife is giving birth. He wanted to help the female gynae but the gynae told him to back off. Super funny lah)

Gilera: the cord is still ok. It is the placenta that is vvv gross. When I saw a picture of it some time ago. I was like going to puke like that. totally gross !!

PiPi: Your friend is really funny !! So your Hb is going in with you ?

gilera, do take extra care if u hv SPD -- take note of Everyday living in the link below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphysis_pubis_dysfunction

my fren's wife had that unknowingly -- on epi during delivery and forceps used during delivery (not advisable)... after delivery, she was changing in the toilet and put her full weight on one leg -- experience extreme pain and unable to move! during confinement, she was bedridden and need to do physio...

i started drinking fresh thai young coconut (from shop n save) weekly from 34 week... my #1 was very "clean" at birth -- so doing the same for #2 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

melody/pipi/gilera, hubby should be there to give u the support, help to massage and ease the backaches and lend u a hand to bite *juz kidding*

dun worry abt hubby losing interest in sex after witnessing birth process... he will appreciate u more and be more gentle/understanding [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my hubby was by side -- my sis told him to control the laughing gas (so that i dun inhale too much)... in the end, he looked at the ctg chart and took it off when the peak was over... BUT my peak contraction was not over -- so i din get relief from the laughing gas! so this time, i told him i will control the laughing gas myself *haha*

oh, heard some hubbies were too stunned witnessing the birth -- need to "wake" them up to take pic of baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pipi, melody >i'm 37 wks. usually my gynae was quite gentle during pap smear but VE felt as if she put in a few fingers! hiyo.

as for hb in labour ward, i just assume hb will be with me, didn't even ask. can't imagine going thru it alone, when that's our baby we are talking about!

Adv....

No wonder doc mentioned CSec for my case. Guess her opinion did not want to aggravate e area even if on epi, no feel but act worsens the condition. She also did mention physio to me if it gets worse b4 delivery. So I have to KIV my delivery options.

Did ur fren wife fully recover w physio? But that's after delivery right.

My bro was also in stun mode when sil delivered. Doc had to say him " take photo la"! Hope my hb will not miss e moment!

Huh.... E article said csec also not advisable!!!

"Women with SPD should educate themselves on how to avoid interventions which can lead to otherwise unnecessary casesarian sections, as the recovery time from a caesarian is longer and more difficult with SPD complications"

wen,

but washing bb clothes n nappies suppose to be basic job scope for CL..can request not to do?

pipi,cutie,

saw the BP but dun noe quality gd or not. i bot 2 normal nursing bras frm BHG alrdy. juz tat sleeping bra mre convenient to use, no catch, juz pull down and nurse.

im oso paying $2.2k. think this is the market rate nw. alrdy gv her deposit $500. so die die muz let her help at least for 1wk.

envy those with own mothers to help..nothg beats mummy's cooking. my MIL wun even cook for me even nw that im pregnant, unless her son(my hb) is home frm work.

im oso getting the pubic area pain stretches to my inner thigh. last wk started to feel numbness in my legs when walking..like paralysis like that. i gotta stop walking and thump my legs hard with my fist. was afraid i will fall esp when alone with my ds outside.

hubbies in delivery: they are weak man! if they ever hav to go thru gvg birth...sure cannot make it!

WOMEN ARE THE GREATEST!

my hb was with me during my csect, he din dare to look..hiding behind the pc of green cloth. think he held my hand cos he's the 1 needing the courage! chicken!

we muz encourage them to witness the delivery. part of life's journey, isnt it? they will appreciate us mre, really.

i love the laughing gas!! super high feeling!

coconut juice: y bb will be 'clean'? means wat?

i'll probably be doing csect again. think of the the long recovery period very sian.

doc dun encourage vbac. think she oso scared of being sued for malpractice, or maybe she gg for holiday during that period?

good morning mtbs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

gilera, yes, my fren's wife recovered after phsyio (after delivery)... so discuss with ur gynae on ur delivery options... and take extra care with ur everyday living...

i hv hip pain on my right due to previous sports injury from long distance running... my pelvic will be rotated after sometime and need to get my osteopath to re-align back... condition worsen with pregnancy but my osteopath cannot do much... so i m bearing with the pain/discomfort till i deliver my baby...

sungrapes, there is a saying that coconut drink will "cleanse" the baby so that baby is not so "bloody" at birth...

yet to "enjoy" the high feeling of laughing gas... told hubby over breakfast today that i hope to tahan the pain without any aid -- provide the nurse dun come and break my concentration with VE....

final lap oledi - all mtbs jia you! enjoy all the good food now before confinement [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

today experience the nagging period like discomfort.. sigh.. not sure isit cos of the breakfast i had or what.. >< yesterday keep having tummy ache have to go toilet quite a few times..

morning [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sungrapes,

the nursing bras i bought from BP here is like a singlet, i tried on it maybe coz of the weather, i feel so hot after wearing it. But is convenience for BF. Quality not bad, mine was abt $12 each.

re: coconut drink

to clean the bb and last time my CL say can help to reduce the jaundice too (not sure how true it is)

adv_sport,

same here, i was telling hubby i wanna deliver w/o any aid this time esp epi.. haha.. guess what the lately contraction is making me discomfort. Of coz i also hope that nurse will not suddenly come in and convince me to go for epi again ( i was adv by that nurse, i m still wondering if she got commission if she manage to convince me to take the epi jab haha...)

Wah... so happy to see this thread regained it's life again ~_~

Adv_sports, if yours is boy, then may be earlier, coz as you can see in the FB, mostly boy can't wait to say hallo. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mine not yet chk on my V yet, may be I'm only reaching wk 35 + D1 today. So, will see if my gynae check on me next monday. Getting nervous too. Had bad dreams every nite, think I too stressed!

Jess, why you have to work during ML? Isn't very disturbing to your schedule? YOu taking full 16 wks or break it up? I'm taking 16 wks in a strech coz of my job nature, 8 wks, boss + colleagues will just wait for me to come back, so = no rest.

Pipi, sometime mum's help is oso a stress, coz you worry she overtired, then if fall sick, other sibling will start question you, though we pay the same amout as CL. Just that if she can earn that money, must well let her earn rather than give to others, right? (fei shui bu lo wai ren tian) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Due to hot weather, I have been drinking coconut drinks, A&W root beer + cold ribena etc since wk 32. Don't care liaw ... coz hot till my whole body, rashes everywhere, including private area. Everyday like monkey, kip streching though have apply lotion, baby oil, use Dove shower gel, apply salt, apply tea leaves etc, all does not work. Think too hot.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Suffering... looking fwd to 5 more wks to end this.

I packed 2 cans of chicken essense in my hosp bag, coz in case i forgot to drink before heading to hosp, coz may be too gan cheong ler?

I asked hb if he want to cut the cord, he said:"Since we pay doctor to do the job, let the doc do la, why we so kepo to cut ler?" **Grin grin** speechless... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jess, how many wks u r in? If still unwell, better see your gynae. Last lap of race liaw, dont want to have anythign wrong. If it's loose stool, FB mummies said is a sympton going to labor soon.

sungrapes: can trust the BP cos the nursing bra ok one. I bought 3 types, a) like sports bra, but no padding in front. i feel that its hot. b) the non underwired with light padding. c) the non wired with more padding (esp if I need to return to work so that ppl cannot spot if my nipple leak milk) BP very cheap, maybe you can buy 1 pc to try if you like it.

BDQ: I know what you mean, let ppl earn the $, might as well let our own mothers earn. Too bad lah, my mum cannot earn this $$. Anyway dun think she can even if she wants to.

Wow, you pack chicken essence into your hospital bag? I prep 1 can only. Heard from mum's friends that in the past, they will drink 1 can then go and pop bb, supposed to give them energy. But chix essence always make me hungry! I think I need to pack sandwich too.

Coconut water:

I have been drinking since wk 34...all the diff types/variety of coconut oso try liaoz (think only 3 types in SG) The Thailand ones are sweeter than Msia ones.

Adv_sports: Need to chk something w you.

Yest night, I was super pissed w hubby and I shouted and screamed at him. Wanted to get out of the house to calm myself cos really super pissed off w him. Anyway after I calmed down, I apologised to my bb and told bb 'mummy loves her v much.' Had a peanut butter sandwich and headed to bed at ard 1am.

Woke up at 5am, feeling hungry and a little backache. Took cream crackers + Milo to curb my hunger and tried to go back to sleep. But all positions seemed wrong, so I stacked 4 pillows in such a way whr I can sleep 45 degrees. But this morning when I woke up, my back is more achy than 5am. (no pain for tumtum, just bb wriggling)

Felt super moodless, and didn't talk to anyone when I reached my parent's pl. Dragged myself to my parent's room and fell asleep. Woke up before lunch to have lunch and now I am here.

Wanted to check with you if this is the first sign (backache) that bb is arriving soon? I am actually v worried that waterbag will burst last night. My next check up is Fri morning 8.30am.. Actually its tomr but I am scared I cannot 'tahan' man. Tomr I really need to tell my gynae I feel miserable b/c I really feel miserable now - with backache (ard the waist area), heavy tummy, no good sleeping positions.

Back