(2011/06) June 2011

Rat> From what I remember the nurse told me that all preggy need to do normal blood test. If we want to do the blood test for DS thats another test.

But drawing of blood is only 1 tube see u want or dun want the DS test nia. The normal blood test is a must do.

Hahahah I really take my hats of you mums who can be so full of energy.. most of the time I want to rest and sleep nia... Hahhaha

I think 20% I am full of energy going shopping... once I am on my full bar I quickly grab my ah lao go shopping :p

krex, cannot take ginseng too! for herbal soups, i only take chicken soup and liu mei soup. I cant rem if i take ba bao soup or not hehee, but think ok to take bah.

christy: yup, doing the NT scan at my gynae tomorow.

JJ: you are full of energy. I am so sleepy right now. Wonder how am i going to survive a 9pm+ movie tomorow night. hmmm

qiuen, i only have energy for that lunch hour nia haha! weekends hard for me to go shopping, cos tired and when bringing the kids out, got to watch out for them, ......

quien> my appt next monday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

JJ> you are so so right... I sleep in the office in the morning (somtimes cause too tired) than at 11.45 am sure wake up for lunch.. i got the alarm clock in me telling me time to wake up -.-"

hello everyone, wow lots of discussion topics... but glad that the thread is moving fast...

my boy is resting from CC trauma today cos he has completely lost his voice and i dun wan him to get too stressed and then get sick for throat infection... he fussed a lot last night and i din sleep much... I was carrying him all night cos he dun wan daddy...

Breastpump

Rata, i am also ameda fan, i like it for its portability and quietness. for this no. 2, i think i will put my old set in office and get a new one for home/weekend use. do let me know if got $270 deal can ? i got it at $350 bundled with Ameda bottles, lanolin oil n feminine wash - quite worth also but i dun need all that now...

mummies, i put my pump motor in one of my drawers to lower the volume further if I need to pump in my cubicle. otherwise i will use one of the vacant rooms if available...

i am very bad with nicks cos i have not master how to read the post and remember who posted it at the same time ! but i think i lock in the JW mummies liao, it's rata, JJ, eileen right ?

warmer - i would think it is a good-to-have, get it if it is bundled or super discounted, i still use it to warm cereal or water for my boy now but i never used it to warm BM cos it is way too hot even at the lowest level...

bottles - I had 12 150ml milk bottles for my boy's first year, 4 at my home, 4 in my pumpbag and 4 in my mum's home. and i din change the bottles until towards the end of the first year... i was using ameda standard neck bottles and will be doing the same this time... my supply not fantastic so i dun want to waste bm and time from transferring the milk after pump and store.

I just got some new milk bottles from green to grow BP, BPA free, i quite like it... mummies can also consider the tommy tippe bottles cos it is highly recommended by other mummies in SMH...I have been using pigeon teats which are highly criticised for its bad air flow...

Raw stuff - I am still eating sashimi although i avoid half cooked eggs, beef, liver... somehow i think the half-cooked more prone to bacteria than the totally fresh.. do i make sense ? hahaha... cow sense...

ann01jan> Oh I saw that green to grow bottle too... hahah I was comparing it with Avent found that green to grow bottle ex sia if I average it out to per bottle.

JJ,

so many things cannot take. My ILs like to go soup restaurant so when they order soup, i also drink, and most of their soup got herbs one :p actually gynae said if put in soup it's ok coz' it's mild but if taken alone cld be dangerous as some will cause blood to thin and if taken during 3rd tri, can cause early delivery.

rata,

i can't rem what he said. it's also to test for syphillis and other diseases. this is the only blood test i took since getting preggie. i dun rem taking during my OSCAR for last preggie also (or maybe i did but forgot liao).

ann, actually the price of ameda pump went up after it change to bpa version. Recent Isetan sale was selling at $333 with some nursing pad, milk bag & nipple cream then I know people working in there so got another 10% off for staff so bring the price to $299.70 then I hold the unit till a recently rebate voucher promo (coz staff can hold the unit longer) every $100 spents get $10 voucher so gotten $30 voucher dat makes the pump become $270. But this chance is hard to get, so far I can think off is to buy during Robinson sales where they give 25% to all items including sale item the price of the pump is $388-25% will work out to $291. We keep each other updated on ameda pump promo k *wink wink*

Rata, i also always ask Isetan staff to keep things for me esp for pte sale! Too crowded to go on actual day... Btw, i think their pte sale is around the corner.

haha, E'leen, great mind think alike! i also asked isetan staff to keep the items for me (pte sale). You got the newsletter from isetan yet? i'm waiting for their pte sale leh!!

Eleen, JJ, next Isetan pte sale will be 29 Dec but since the last round they ve promo for ameda pump so unlikely they will ve it this round.

Rata, thank u!! hehe, don think i will be taking leave on 29 Dec, most likely i will go there during lunch to make payment if have anything to get.

I'm not a member, no newsletters for me. My bro used to part-time during holidays. His friends will help me keep, I usually put cash with them & they help me pay. I'll collect after the sale.

Hi Mummies,

I have a 99% brand new Pigeon Steriliser to let go. Used only two days. Warranty included.

$80 only.

Pls email [email protected]

Thanks!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4856778.jpg]

Eleen,wah...guess traditional cloth diapers still the best..

Can u please email me if u have the list of things to get?thank you in advance.

Define,how do handle cold,snow,kids n preg?wahaha... I can't even handle myself..haha..I m still in bed,under my duvet,reading my storybooks all day..

Soo much info about pumps n bottles!gosh!so many types!okiez..I think once I finish my novels then I have really study what to buy..

Kana arrow again by my mil this morning,haiz...when she comes n stay with us,confirm I kena one..no one to complain to,only to hide in my room n cry the whole day.life sucks when u are overseas alone w/o ur family.'choose to marry chicken,gotta follow chicken,choose to marry dog,gotta follow

dog'

Ann,ur boy really cannot get used to CC?poor thing..

Eliomummy,ur very own Barney boy is soo adorable!make my day brighter when I saw the picture.. Lol

Qiuen,

Good luck for your test tomorrow! Don't worry too much!

Eliomummy,

Aiyo.. the Barney suit is soo cute. Where did you get that? How old is your boy? He looks so guai while posing for the photo!

JJ,

Don't know how you jaga 2 kids! Does it get managable at some point? I'm worried about the logistics now already!

Clare,

I envy you! How I wish it was my first kid! Must enjoy this time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hehe.. you some how manage all when you have to. Talking about MILs.. why she arrow you? Some MILs very ke4 bo2 one lor.. keke. Are you going to deliver in Taiwan? I find it hard to ask for help cos they aren't your own mother. Alone overseas is very sucky sometimes.. at least she's only here for a visit!

Claire,

Thanks for the explanation. For now, I think I'll just wait and see [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BTW,

Do any of your AVENT bottles get 'milky' and unclear after a while? Do you change them? Thanks!

Delfine,will u want your kid to go back to sg 2 study?

My mil is nice,she will do everything for me,cook everything I want BUT she must be always right,even if she wrong she is right.

Like this morn,I teach her 2use e dish washer,so she won't need to hand wash,but she started 2 sneeze deliberately n say the washin powder no good.aft e wash she inspected 1 by 1 n say it's still dirty,n she washed again..lol

When I had mc in feb tis yr,she retired early in may.in June she said to my hb n me,it's all your fault!I retired early coz u were preg n I can take care of the kid for you,now I m bored at hm... Haiz...

I wash shower screens,she commented: ai yoz,your method wrong,see!still dirty..but I wanted to tell her that I haven't started with that piece yet,so of course it is dirty.. Lol

She has a habit of cutting queues outside,but not purposely,guess she always thinks she is the one n only.in the end,I have to apologize to the pple behind..haiz..coz got one time,my hb told her off dat she cut q,my hb kana 'spread butter',she threatened to go hm n cut off ties n never come back to our hm again...so never again we offend her..

My mil is a very independent woman.I admire her in a way,she brought up 2 kids herself coz my fil died 30yrs ago.she had her hardships n she has always been the decision maker all these years,so she is always right in her context..so.. I always give in,coz I know it's a character n w/o her,there will not be my husband.Must ren3...

Sorry ladies...gotta listen to my long story..guess I just to write out to feel better..

Clare,

Feel better after spilling it out? Aiyo, the mc comment was a bit too much.. but then again, to be honest, your MIL is rather ok. There will always be some small quirks of theirs that will surely get on our nerves one lor. I think we all have to compromise somehow. I guess she will help you out when the baby is born? Mine is a bit like yours.. in general ok but every now and then I get irritated too. But when you are overseas you have little choice cos she's probably the closest to family you have there. Can one lah, it's just the nitty gritty stuff..

I don't forsee that we are moving to sg anytime soon but I do hope that my kids will get to study in sg one day! My boy is spoken to in chinese and german, so his english will be non-existent, and probably his Chinese not good enough to get along in school. Plus I guess if they start school here, they surely cannot catch up with the sg system. So, I'm at a loss for now.

How about you? Any good ideas? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Delfine,yeaps..feeling better..she is ok most of the time lah..at least she treats me well lor.just dun step on her toes.. Lol

Thanks for listening..

I have a gf married to a French,so her girl speaks Chinese n French only,coz her father dun like English..something gotta do with the english n the French pple I guess.. Lol

Will u consider international sch?

I will put my kid in Taiwan till upp pri then I will convince my hb to let my kid to go sg to study at a later stage..hopefully..

I m on a 50% part time contract with my company.I work only alternate mths.for my hb,he has 8days of hm leave + normal off days which makes up to about 2 weeks off a month.so it still seems to work well this way for now..

So I guess u are speaking in Chinese to ur 15mth old boy?y no one speaks English to him?

Wow.. Long thread today ya! I'm taking care my gal for whole day cos nanny is off today. Tired ah..

Tks mummies who advice on my pump n bottles question.

Ann, avent got bpa bottle , they r in honey color. Slightly exp than norm, but I think worth d price. I use them daily cos I using avent pump [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] wah yr boi not use to CC ah. Jan will b my turn to worry for my gal *finger cross!

Regards strelliser, is the 101 thing I never regret I bot. We last time also damn ambitious to use conventional way. Boil everytime. At the end I rush to taka to grab my strelliser during my confinement period lor

Quien, ^5 tmr mine NT scan too! Pray for be result ~

Eliomummy, yr barney boi berry cute!

Hv a gd rest to all the mummies & bbs!

A very good morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning all!!

delfine, oo, hehee! my #1 helps me a lot hahaa, though he's 3 yo, he do help me in certain things la, like watching out for #2 when i busy in the kitchen or help me to get diapers, etc. Then when mei mei cried, he will tell me "mei mei cried" and run to the room to see. Try to get ur #1 to involve in certain things esp it's for #2, and always telling #1 he/she is a kor kor or jie jie, must take care of meimei/didi. Normally the older ones will feel they are part of the family and more than willing to help out.

chil, avent got 2 types of bpa free bottles, one in honey coated and the other in milky coated. the milky coated ones come with add. ring and is slightly cheaper than honey coated ones. Tat add. ring must put in if not it will leak. It's meant to prevent colic or something.

delfine, it's time to change your avent bottles.

RE:MIL

Clare, my mil is nice too but she's super clean freak la. She always commented our hse not clean enuff, faint! Ok lor, if she think out hse not clean enuff, then clean for us lor, *evil me*!

But she's a very good cook, I'm a lover for her nice dishes!! When i preg, she will always boil soups for me to drink. It's my sil that is monster in the making. I don't like my sil cos she always think just cos she became a mother few yrs earlier than me, she knows everything!! Like real! I remember during my #1 times, cos my bm ss was low, she keep nagging to me that cfm will have lotsa of supply one this and tat, everytime see me everytime nag me the same thing! I was so pissed and i literally told my mil (in front of her) that not every woman will have a lot of bm ss! being a first time mother tat time, i literally taking care of my #1 alone w/o any help, lack of sleep is already affecting my bm ss and my ss didnt come in fast tat time as well!! She tot everyone will be the same, of cos she will think like dat la cos right from the start, my mil was the one taking care of her bb 24/7 and she is just a milk cow in her room pumping milk out! there is a lot of things abt her that mi and dh don't agree on (ya, my ah lau oso bth his own sis!) and she always try to be act expert in motherhood! Anyway a lot of her advices i just one ear in one ear out cos some advices really cannot take in and absorb.

Sometime i really cant stand her, how can she go out to enjoy when my mil was having bad flu and also taking care of my nephew? What kind of mother is she? This happened when i still preg with my #1, even till now her son in P3, sometime she will just go out and enjoy herself and leave the care to my mil, cant stand this kind of pple who take own mother for granted. And the way she bring up her son (she's a divorcee), I think sooner or later her son will become ah beng! No manners, telling lies, the ears dono go where (too stubborn to listen), act smart (just like his mother) and always trying to irritate pple and also provoke my son to fight or quarrel with him.

Worse still, the way my sil do disclpine on her own son is wrong, up to now, her son dono what is right or wrong cos of the method my sil used, first she don bother and just tell her son let it be so her son think he is in the right, next moment she start to cane him, so her son is confused, is he right or wrong? Same thing happen again, her son think he is in the wrong, then later my sil instead of canning him, tell him it's ok, so he think he is in the right. I mean wat i'm trying to say is, she is confusing her son with the right or wrong in the same thing happening few times and that y her son think he always right when we adults told him it's wrong.

Sorry for ranting, cos i really bth my sil's ways of doing things.

Morning mummies!

Spend my whole night reading The poison principle,a non fiction book but interesting,coz there are some really facts that make sit up.

We all use parsley for cooking but in the olden days oil is extracted from parsley fruits n used as a method of abortion,they just need to inject the oil in the body.

JJ,wah..great idea to get ur son involved.I remember I was 10 hrs old,when my 3rd bro came along,I was also encouraged to take care of him with my sis. Oh yes,with 3 kids,gotta be careful with middle child syndrome.I think me n my bro got the attention while my sis had to do all sorts to get my mum's attention..

Wah..u don't stay with ur sil right?...she is like know it all kind lah..I think your mil has to take on her burden to taking care of her child..haiz..

Haha..letting it out is a good way,like that frustrations will not be bottled up mah..

Clare, ya heng i don stay with my ILs.

Correct, I have 2 sibilings with me the oldest, i can understand that. If what my gynae told me #3 is a boy accruately, then my gal will be the attention instead cos she's the only gal in the family, keke! My mil already doted on her like mad!

Oh yes, for those with #1, do remember to get a gift for your #1 when you are going due to deliver your #2 so that you can give this gift to your #1 in the hosp when #1 visit you and tell him/her it's from #2.

I need to get 2 presents for #1 and #2 when time comes, :p

JJ, i heard of the gift theory but din know it is to give at the hosp. *note in the things-to-bring-list* But my girl so young, dunno she understand anot... :S

qiuen, enjoy seeing ur little one. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi morning mummies,

it's TGIF again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Raynsky,

yes, i know u stay in Bangkit rd cos I ever collected (i think) the bb cubes for foods from you b4, i think was below ur blk. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi

Sorry to interrupt.

I have a set of brand new AVENT dual spare parts for sale. It consists of the 2 funnels and the tubing. I bought it at $170. willing to let go at a lower price. If interested, please pm me.

Thanks!

Morning ladies!

My oscar test and blood test turns out normal. Really a big relief for me.

My bb seem to grow alot since last 2 weeks i last seen her. From 39mm (10weeks) to 69mm (12weeks).

Gynae told me that most prob she is a girl as she could't see any "protuding birdie" when scanning. She say she is 60% sure. Next scan at 16 weeks she will be more confirm! Hehe..i love princess..but hubby is a bit dissappointed as he wants a boy! He is still pinning his hope on the 40% chance. Lolz

Umm..my gynae tell me i am into 2nd trimenster liao leh...and i am only 12 weeks and 4 days! She say pass 12 weeks is consider 2nd trimenster liao. But some of you gals say is 14 weeks right? Now i dunno if should disclose to my company & friends about my pregnancy....

I am staying at JW St 61 too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Victoria, congrats on your test results! All the JW mummies are so close by. Btw, I told a couple of colleagues when I know I'm preggy, cos they will keep alookout for me, just in case there are heavy things to carry or errands to run... I tot its always good to let your immediate supervisor know, unless yours is one of the anti-preggy companies...

Any news fr Happy? I remember the last post was her blood test result was not too good.

Happy, u ok?

Hey mummies, i met my baby yesterday. So big already! Hubby so funny. He took out a ruler and put it on my tummy just to know how big it is in real life.

Gynae still won't tell me boy or girl and told me that the detailed ultrascan will give me all the info. But I have to wait til neeeeeext month. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so long.

Anyone else super hungry nowadays. I'm starving all the time and keep stuffing my face. I think i'll be double my weight by the time the baby comes out!

Back