(2011/05) May 2011

split,

my boy will ask me to "go away" at times and i am usually the bad guy at hm...anyway, i dun think they dun love us even tho they said tat coz when i/hb ask him if he loves me, he will says yes.

hmm..i have a friend who teaches swimming as private coach...if u are interested, i can ask him if he is still taking?

hope Lady Luck will be shining on ur side soon =)

Jenny,

since u cant change ur boy (even if u wan to)to cry/fuss less/softer, how abt changing urself or ur own perspective?

sales admin work till so late into the nite? wah. anyway, work will never end...sometimes just have to do the urgent ones first, the non urgent can do it the next day ba.

since u applied ru yi you already sld be better, just give him more tlc =)

mickeyboy,

for me i usually have 1 or 2 letdowns per session (15-20mins) but it may differs from ppl to ppl...

preciousMom,

wah! ur eye infection really dragged for quite sometimes le. hope u will recover soon.

Yes Val. Since its already abt 4 mths and he's still like that. So really have to change myself to adapt to him.

My husband recently got 'promoted' in terms of title and work but no promotion in terms of money. And the co couldn't find any pple to take over his old job. So now he's doing two pple's job. Somemore his colleague who have to help out some of his job is also very stress and is looking for a new job already. If she really leaves then my husband have to do 3 pple's jobs! My husband doing logistics work. He say everyday have to do reports until half a day gone, the other half have to rush orders. Haiz.

Bella: I had sore eyes on 10aug all e way till 29aug.. Thou I hv slight blurred vision.. I tot is e effect of e steroid eyedrop.. But during today checking.. Both eyes r actually inflammed where left eye is e worse..

Val: ya.. Really take so long to fully recover frm my infection... Sigh..

Thanks for concern!!

Viman: many thanks for the informative link! i think one cup a day should be ok then, hehe.. :p but normally i try to take after the pump session or at least 2 hrs apart fr the next pump.

Letdown: perhaps every 10 min will have 1 letdown huh. thats why 10-15 min will have 1 or 2 (Val), 30 min will have 3 letdowns (Bella). so i shd also make sure i count till 3 before i stop pumping then... but ya, it may differ from ppl to ppl...

Jenny: You got pray to godness of bed rite? Just to share, for my bb, since the first mth, whenever we bring him out he will cry badly that night. mum insisted to bring him to ask god then god said we need to pray to godness of bed, not just one time, but make it a habit. so nowadays whenever i bring him home fr nanny's place or after we bring him out to somewhere, b4 putting him onto the bed, i'll pray in my heart. and ya, i'll say it does help abit ar... since it doesnt cost me anything, i just make it a habit tt i pray b4 putting him onto the bed...

Sunflower,can buy d baby brush fr kiddy/those bigger supermarket like xtra or giant.

Split, ya feel sad/depressed at times.I been tryin to b d #1 in his heart since birth til now but always #3. Ya,I m d only bad guy b4 he turn 18mths or so & he know he got kao San everytime I scold him by pretending to cry & I end up being scolded so he's not afraid of me either. He only scare of his idol (daddy/mil) scold ever since... I try alot of ways but so far no effects. still trying tho...

Preciousmom, my fren juz caught sore eyes too fr his son who caught it fr cc.think there is a super virus spreading,dr told her if virus don't mutate,his son won't get it fr her again.now she has to ensure hygiene like tears won't get onto the bed/pillows etc. Take care!

vicki, since he only scare of his idol den u have got to close 1 eye tell his idol to do the scolding but dont do it infront of him..i will tell my hubby and he will tell my mil to scold him when he do wrong..if not behind my son i will tell my hubby what he do wrong den next time when he notice it he will scold or he will highlight to his mum..u need to get ur hubby and mil understand ur stand so they wunt put u down infront of ur kids..

Precious, Cloud: I still marvel at mummies who have 3 or more kids. I am so fatigued at times with just 2. Actually my 1 is the one giving me trouble. 4yr old still makes me wake up a few times at night (to pee, or peed in his pants, or wants milk or just any other nonsense). I think ur kids must be quite guai type.

Dolly: We negotiate with my no.1 after his milk feed, read one book, then lights off. Sometimes it work, sometimes still doesn’t.

Luann, Xuanmin: so cute to watch them swallow their saliva when they watch us eat right? Hahaha. Tamjia bbs are better than picky eaters!

Xuanmin: Your gal and my elder boy can hi-five. Heehee. My mom told me she rather work than care for my elder boy. My MIL said she will faint if she has to bbsit my elder boy. So you can imagine how ‘easy’ my elder boy is.

Mickey: Welcome! I also like to join the meet-ups but not possible. I think IUD is really popular. However, my gynae told me I can’t take IUD due to my medical condition and she recommended implanon which I am still considering. Did you ask your gynae her recommendations?

Vicki: My boy also did that "mummy, I don’t like you!" esp when he’s super jealous of bb. I try to bring him out on wkends, just both of us and he’ll feel loved and ok again.

Jenny: I also cannot stand my hb crazy work schedules but boh bian.

All ur hard work and dedication to ur bb will not go to waste, ur bb will be so close to u and so sweet to u next time. My bb ‘bullied’ me last night. Finished milk at 930pm and still “ang-gugu” after 1.5 hrs. Yelled like mad when I dropped him in the sarong but later when I retire for the night, I still kept ‘seeing’ his cute smiles. Now so obsessed with bb. Hahaha.

Precious: Gosh, I thought you have long recovered! Hope you get well soon.

Re: Elder kids...

My gal also suddenly veli clingy to me ever since bb L arrive before that she is very close to her daddy nw every thing also wan mummy....its driving me crazy esp when I'm struggling to btl feed bb L..ha ha ha...

RE color n rebonding hair

I veli bad immediately go color hair after bb full mth... ha ha....shld be ok ba my gynea nv say cannot ha ha ha

RE Kopi...

I've been drink coffee everyday min 1 cup cannot tahan without coffee....wan to sleep

I feel this 2nd bb i am not so discipline....last time with No.1 veli discipline even when comes to pumping milk but for this gal maybe I'm tired n need to spend time with no.1 so very lazy... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Anyone feeling the same?

RE: BreastPump

Ladies anyone using both Avent Manual and Avent Electric pump....this round I find that PIS advance is not as effective for me, always cannot clear everything and Avent Manual is much more effective but damn tiring...I'm thinking if I shld invest in Avent electric....but not sure if it will work as well as the manual...any mummies know?

stefy, my #2 also suddenly very sticky want me carry this and that especially when im carrying or feeding baby..but i try to help him to help let him feel that he is a big korkor it get better

mickey: Yah I prayed before, the whole ceremony including burning of incense paper. So u pray each nite in ur heart, no need other procedures? I'll try it tonite. =)

Little Fly: Just now baby cried at 3pm then I put him inside yao lan to slp coz he haven't had any naps for the whole day. Then he cried but I nv scold him or walk away. After that he giggled to me. But in the end 30 min he still cry on n off. So I just take my shower and leave him crying. After showering then I come out and talk to him nicely and pat him then he finally fall asleep.

Btw, hows ur nanny handling the baby? I told my mum if I strike toto then I put baby in infant care then she say they will return baby to me immediately coz when he screams all e babies n kids will wake up and cry. LOL.

Hi Mummies, sorry to disturb. i have 2 great products i would like to sell.

1 is a haenim play yard 4 panel melody version and the other is the philips blender/steamer.

Your babies are about to wean so the steamer/blender is wonderful. its still under waranty and i used it for 2 months when my girl was 4-6 months coz after that she takes porridge. she started solids early coz PD recommend coz she is v petite.

pls take a look. and sorry again to intrude. =)

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6027811.html?1315901759

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6027762.html?1315901422

Jenny: LOL. When i put my elder boy in infant care, i was so scared that the school will reject him coz he's so not easy. Initially, his teachers kept complaining to me and how he disrupts the class but they persevered (phew!). Sounds like u're getting there. See, ur boy even giggled to you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jenny,

yup. its v impt to know wat can be change and wat cant be change and u work ard tat and set ur expectation right =) all the best ya =)

SOmetimes it happen, ppl get promoted but they do not get increment immediately. Hope ur hb will be able to prove his capability to the co and I am sure they will increase his salary in due time =)

HAHHAA. dun worry abt the infant care returning u ur baby immediately coz they have seen/handled all sorts of babies tat u cant imagine =) Mayb for a start they may nt be able to handle "well" but once they get use to ur baby, am sure they will be able to handle him fine. Aft all, they are professionally trained and in my boy's sch, the infant care teachers are usually older with lots of exp. =)

preciousMom,

ya, really quite long le. Pls take care of urself ya coz our eyes are really impt and thro this eyes, we see alot of beautiful things =)

vicki,

dun give up, am sure u will win him over soon =)

luann_mummy,

i am also less discipline when it comes to pumping. daytime yes, nite time i completely dun pump at all. for my #1's time, even at nite i will wake up 3hourly to pump. hahaha.

just a check with mummies who bottle feed..i understand that we need to change the milk bottle once a mth..have u all done the changing? 2 weeks ago i bot a new bottle same brand same teat same design for my girl..den after that i posted here that she suddenly drink so little..den last weekend she came home become worst she only drink 30ml every 3hrs and im so worried..den i suddenly remember it seem to happen after i change the bottle..and lucky i have not throw away the old bottle and switch it back to the old one when feeding..surprisingly..she finish all the 120ml i give her..and she consider to finish at least 100ml every 3hrly..

mummies do u all have the same encounter?

Ya i only pray in my heart every time, rem to mention the god's name. sometimes i do feel that its the psychology, we need to tell ourselves he'll be better tomorrow de! 明天会更好 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lets jia you together ba! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Split,ya they realize after his terrible 2 & started disciplining him more & already stop scolding me in front of him.but guess he still feel jealous cos juz b4 I give birth to Mei Mei he was very closed wif me. Now is depend on his mood he will b close wif me. Everyday I will try to bribe him with tis & that.

Mickeyboy, I not sure abt d implanon iud but for mine is nova t which is copper based iud which last 5yrs. Usually copper based iud is 3yrs so nt sure y mine is 5 but my gynae only offer tis. Disadvantage is heavier menses cramps etc. I think alot recommend mirena which is release hormones type.also 5yrs. Lesser mense but this is quite $$ like $500-600 I hear fr my frenz gynae.

Hello Mummies, so busy at work and got no time to log in to forum.

Starfruit - I got 2 bags from the atrium sale. 1 in bright pink ( will use as a diaper bag) and 1 in blue prints against white.

Mickey - So sorry what you meant by BP price ?

Xuanmin - I know I need to watch my spending but always getting stuff for my girl. Been awhile since I spend on myself so I buy lor. I only wanted to get 1 but saw the pink bag, cannot resist. It comes with a big base and is big so can put alot of things when bring bb out.

Mummies, if you all keen to check out the sales. IT is at the Level 1 atrium of YewTee Point. YewTee Point is located next to Yew Tee Mrt sation. The sales is till this Sunday.. THe lady said more stocks will come in on THursday and Friday.

Little Fly/Val: My mum n mil also very experienced in taking care of babies but they cun do anything to stop baby from crying too. But nvm lah, just dreaming only, wun be putting baby in ifc coz so hard to strike toto.

MickeyBoy: Thanks for the tip. Like what Val says really have to think positive if not everything seems like the end of the world for me.

hi mummies, long time no post, so busy and time passes away so fast! Bb is kinda low weight at last check, 63cm, 5.45kg so PD say to start cereals to carbo load. i just let her taste 1 teaspoon a day hehee, but i look at her, thigh so fat, how can she be low weight? must be error on the scale that day lah hehee

Starflower

Don't worry, my baby is also under 6kg. As long as they are growing fine and feeding well, tt's wat matters most. My baby feeds well, sleeps on her own and is a cheerful baby. To me, she's the best gift from God [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

precious: its been so long.. hope that your eyes gets better soon =)

split: i haven changed the bottles, only teats. it happens when i change teats initially, maybe because the old teats has been sterilized so much that it became softer. the new ones are still hard. I read online that some bb rejects new teats due to that reason.. so you can just sterilise the new teats often so that its soft..

Luann: not sure about the avent electric dual pump.. but the single is good. I tried it and i really like it but didnt buy it. Too ex for a spare. Anyway, the good thing is that it can record the motions, on how fast or slow u wan the suction to be. Im using ameda..the cheapest dual pump.. and its still working good for me.. maybe you can try that =)

jenny: dont scold your baby.. talk to them nicely, like an adult.. they will understand de =)

starflower: dont worry.. baby will grow as and when they like it, main thing is as long as they are healthy and active =) Mine "overgrown" so i'll only intro solids later, as advised by PD..hehe

Thanks all mummies for ur well wishes!! I supposed to cont my eye drop treatment but always b4 wif kids until I 4got to apply.. Sigh.. Nw otw to work.. So sleepy!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Starflower ur ger ger is tall and slim, nice! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i agree with u i dun think she is low weight lah.

Littlefly/ vicki: Actually i haven spoken to my gynae reg this. Its just tt my coll is considering whether to use IUD or implanon, and so she reminded me that i shd also look into this matter. While i keep complaining that my hb doesnt help much for #2, she's worried (for me) that i'll strike #3 lar, haha...

Ya she did mention $500-600, so she must be referring to mirena one then. Many thanks for the advice! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ash_r, is it 4mths take the pneummoccocal jab? cos mine take 6in1 during 2nd mth & gng to take d 2nd 6in1 jab + pneummoccoal jab for d 4th mth.

btw, mommies, do u still take ur elder kids for assessments after all d vaccinations are done? cos i nvr take my son for any assessment after 2yrs where all d vaccines done. is it a must? cos i know for those who take d jabs at polyclinics, they auto arrange for u but cos we c private

Vicki, if i can remember correctly there is an assessment at 3 YO including a hearing test n they check for your gross motor skill and one last one at 4YO which includes the eye test. Call the poly to arrange and its FOC.

found this old vac schedule at home.

vicki: i think mine is 6in1, thus i took at 3mths and next jab is 5mths+rota 2nd dose.

i'm taking pneu only after 1yo

Mummies need some advice What type of toys should i get for a 4mths baby? Also where can I get Lamaze toys? I heard its good?

morning ladies. its mid week =)

split,

hmmm....i only change the teats every 3mths?

Jenny,

IFC teachers meet all kind of babies in their course of wk as compared to ur mum and mil unless they are nannies la.

Yes, be positive. U will find tat u will be alot happier when u think positively.

starflower,

ya lo, so long didnt see u in forum or fb. what have u been up to? hehehe.

dun worry, am sure ur lit princess will still b healthy =) somemore u slim mah, so ur lit princess follow her mummy's gene of being slim =)

to make u feel better, my gal weights 5.3kg and height of 58cm at 3mths. hahaha.

Re: pneumoccal jab (aka prevar)

i only letting my gal take when she is a yr old...this jab super pain and high chance of getting fever.

Today my baby woke up at 10am but nv cry. He just talk to himself nonstop. Then I woke up to wash my face and eat breakfast then he started crying.

Btw can any mummies teach me how to force my baby to drink water? I've already added gripe water inside but now he's not even willing to take a sip. Tried bottle, spoon feed and syringe, all no use. Yest I even gave him the orange liquid doc gave to keep him hydrated. I test one drop before giving him and it tasted nice but when give him he doesn't want too.

Split: Ya i oso dun change the teat so often. PD said, so long as bb is ok w the flow, wont fuss when we feed them, then its ok. So i still havent changed my boy's one yet :p

This morning when i left for work, my elder boy cried very badly.. made me feel very heart pain [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] how gd if i can be SAHM.. Somehow he's used to it alrd, daddy & mummy go to work = he will have to go to sch. But on & off, he will still cry badly... sigh

twinkle: Got leh, I fed him once he wakes up and its already 4 hours from his last feed. But now he nv seems to be hungry. Even milk also dun wan. I bfing him from 11am till now he only suckle a few times then head turn here turn there.

Erm,I tot d pneu is compulsory?can postpone to after 1 yr ah? after 1yr still 3jabs? Cos if not,my poor gal gotta take 2jabs + rota at 1 shot during her 4mth appointment =.=. But then again,tho she wif nanny,I m wondering to postpone the pneu cos she has been falling sick & gor gor is bringing virus Hm fr cc

Back