(2011/05) May 2011

Hi Jenny - Glad to hear that PD managed to find out what is wrong with your baby..

Hope he recovers soon..

So do not worry about ranting, it is okay.. You need to let out your fustration, it is not good to keep it to yourself..

Jenny: don't feel that way.. We need to vent our frustrations, it's better to vent at forum and we can advise. Better than venting on our kids..

Thanks Deon. Btw, is ur gal crying lesser now? Yest din manage to check out kinder clinic coz we had a tough time finding the lift lobby to our clinic.

Cloudpoem: Actually I felt very sorry to my baby. I realised he has been crying so hard coz he's sick but I still scold him and threaten him. I tried to ctrl myself but I just couldn't when I'm home all alone and he's crying nonstop.

Jenny, do you apply shampoo or bath gel directly to BB's scalp? It may be too strong. Dilute with water before applying.

Your mum is right. You can try to train yourself to be immune to his crying. Too much emotional rollercoaster will exhaust you. It's a long road for you and baby, you need your reserves to walk the long path.

Yeah! Let my baby tried rice cereal awhile ago as I noticed he keeps looking at us when we r eating.. So let him tried it n he kind of likes it.. Great job baby!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jenny: u are not alone.. i cant stand my kids crying too.. when my bb is crying than my #1 and #2 will be crying too.. i would often scold them to ask them be quiet.. the volume when they are crying or talking can really be arghhh.. so i keep telling myself to tolerate or be immune.. i'm not there yet, but gotta try. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

precious: jia you! i think i wait at least 5.5 months.. will be buying the organix rice cereal when she reaching 5.5 mths. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i got Friso from my colleagues, but read that its too sweet. wad brand are u feeding ur boy?

Cloud: actually we aso hope to wait till he is 6th mth then start him on cereal, but can notice tat he is never satisfied wif his milk feeding even thou we hv upgraded to 150ml.. N he will keep looking at our food or us when we r eating.. So I gave him to try out.. I wld say he is adapting well as a 1st timer..

Oh.. I use friso cream rice cereal.. All my kids fed on tat too then.. Nw my 2 elder kids saw baby ate cereal, they aso requested me to make some for them to eat too.. Haha.. So funny... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies that started working, how u all feel today? im feeling so blue almost every monday...keep thinking of my kids..cuz they only come home during weekend..

Sharing another interesting article on when to start solid

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/readyforsolids.htm

Ivy yeah friso is very sweet i also dun dare to give. Anyway if u start on organice white rice cereal it should be fine cos its basicalky tasteless.

WRT to pumping at work, i feel tat as long as u get ur work done n is not slacking u dun have to borther abt wat others are saying. Anyway ur co./superior is ok with u pumping for 45 mins right?

Cloud, Precious: How do you cope with 3 kids? Currently two are exhausting me out.

Jenny: Thanks. I will try find time to check it out. Its ok to let out and rant. Once your bb recovers, he will smile and flash his cute dimple more. Heehee. I also get really irritated by my boy’s ‘singing’ and ‘talking’ too. He will do that in the late evenings like 10plus when I am so drained and yawning so hard.

Deon: My bb also like my maid more. He cries non-stop when I carry him but will quiet down when I pass him over my maid. Sometimes bb are just ‘vain’ but I believe they will know their mummy dearest invariably.

Hi, I am selling away the Haenim play yard to clear space

1) 6 panels Haenim Normal Play Yards (Blue and Red design) to let go at $65*

Consist of the following :

• 1 Activity (Normal) panel

• 2 Doors

• 3 Plain panels

Condition is 6.5/10

* Buyer may want to buy replacement parts+:

• Suction pads (A few have dropped off due to wear and tear )

• Bear stickers (Decorative purposes only, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

• Mirror sticker (Not reflective, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

Self collect. Interested buyers may email to [email protected] for viewing.

+Replacement parts can be purchased from SMH Bulk purchase spree:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5360294.html

Jenny - To go to Kinder Clinic, you have to take the lift from the office block. Can go straight to 7th floor directly.

But the other PD managed to find out what is wrong with your bb then is good. It is ok to lose our temper at times, we reach our limits too.

Deon: Yes yes. I always whisper to my bb that I am his mummy! Don't feel guilty. Motherhood is tough job, we need to pamper ourselves at times too!

Thks mummies who have shared on the fenugreek... that means GNC one should be more reliable, so i shd not take what my fren intends to pass to me. maybe shd just give what i have to my boy ba, partial bf oso better than nothing ma! 勉强没有幸福的! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I pump 3 times a day in office, and one time takes me 30 min. Then i've another coll who pumps 15 min only. I always feel that ppl will compare both of us lor.. but everyone is diff rite, she doesnt need to pump long but can yield alot, then why should i follow her? i'll just stick to my own timings still...

little fly: hmmm.. hw to cope wif 3 ar? hmm.. we cope it day by day lor.. but really can b really v frustrating when all 3 of them act up at e same time.. my hb n i will still scold or punish them when they (e 1st 2) misbehave, so i guess we didnt keep our frustration inside us, so we wont explode...

exhaustion sure have..but when tink of e joy they bring us.. we aso happy n tink we r lucky to hv 3 pretty kids ard.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ash: for 6 in 1, there is a jab at 4th mth if not wrong...

little fly: coping with 3 aint easy.. but we take it on our stride. tired for sure is a everyday affair. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] its ok lah, its jus for a period of time..

starfruit: my superiors are ok with me pumping for 45mins. its just those colleagues who are too free than meddle with my affair. not fair!

Mickeyboy: i think we shouldnt be too mindful of others le.. different people got different timing, so we just know that we are doing for the betterment of our kids. who cares! argh.

Any mummies with a T2 toddler who is super clingy to you? J has been super clingy to me... She's not like this when W just arrived... It's only after her pacifier had been kick off then gets worst... @_@.. It's so tiring... Plus everynite I've difficulty to make her sleep before 9pm... She's only get tired around 10pm..., this goes on I'll collapse 1st before she doze off...

Mummies, any advice for me?

Jenny: hope that your bb is recovering well =)

split: your kids dont stay with you? i understand ur feeling.. my gal is staying with my parents and i wil go on alternate days to see her and bring her back on weekends.. last weekend was a tough one because I couldnt stay with her.. haiz..

starfruit: yes, my manager is fine because she BF all her 4 kids.. but my boss, single lady.. so far nothing but i do hope it will be this way for long.. because I know my HR will say something about it..

ash: my baby took 5 in 1 for 4th month and her next jab is 6 in 1 at 6th month..

mickeyboy: how much can you pump in 30 mins? i wish i can do that too, so that it doesnt hurt so much.

Now, i had to get my mum to supplement FM during nite feeds until i can increase my ss.. guess i need to take 3 days ML to do a pump-a-thon already..

Hi mummies,

Haven log in for a week hwz everyone doing?

Jenny glad tt ur PD manage to find out e cause of ur boi constant crying...hope he gets well real soon[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u take care too

Re starting solids

My gal haven reach 4mths is alrdy munching her mouth when i'm eating...reali tamjia. Intend to start her on plain rice cereal when she reach 4mths just like my elder gal...

Sunflower,

For my gal, the cradle cap was loose and flaky so I just combed through and washed it off. Took a few days to completely get rid of it. I know some mommies put baby oil and then comb through.

Starfruit, Bella

Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My gal's face is much better yday, not so many "red patches" le. Thanks to the switch to Isomil and me being able to bf and latch her on for 2 whole days during the weekends [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cloudpoem

I agree with you...now that I am back to work, I am not taking full classes, but have to do relief for different teachers every day, v sian..always full load. But I will still fight for 1 hr break in btwn lessons to pump. I just tell them "My gal needs MILK!" haha...

Deon

Wow!! 2 KS bags? Diaper bags? So envious! I am trying to watch my spending after getting the play yards for my gals over the weekends...:p

Luann

Hi [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My gal is also drooling and blowing saliva bubbles in her mouth when she see us eating or when she sees a table full of yummy dishes... me bad mummy, always tempting her.. my gal is reaching 5 mths soon, will start her on rice cereals soon.

Jenny

Good to hear that the PD manage to diagnose bb's probs...how's bb now? Recovering well? Mummy must take care too yah? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] And regarding the point abt others who dont bf or never done tt, they think that switching on the pump = fast flow of milk naturally...but its every drop by drop that accumulates to a small amt. Tt's why its called "liquid gold"! I onlce pumped in front of my mum and she says "so slow one? Like that only?" haha...even my mum is inexperienced in bf...but thankfully she's encouraging.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starfruit

Wat brands of organic rice cereals are you going to start on baby T?

Mickey

At least you can express 3 times in ofc, I can only squeeze 2 sessions max during the time in ofc...

Little Fly

I am also coping like mad with 2 even with helper, dunno how Cloudpoem manages 3! But her gals are gentle and sweet, mine is a bossy and loud queen! She dominates everyone in the house, except mummy of cos! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly

Do you spend time alone with J after W arrives? I understand that cos my #1 whines and cries at the slightest thing now, she was sledom like tt before bb arrives. So I will make it a point to bring her out on Sunday alone, at least during the evening like swimming to spend quality time with her. Most of my time is spent bf bb. So I hv to explain and pre empt her tt I need to be with bb, but kept assuring her tt I love her to and will be with her in a few mins time etc. Hope this helps!

Good morning ladies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bella: I can get close to 150ml each pump. For the first 2 pumps, more or less abt there... But the last pump at 5+, always get less than that, maybe its bcoz it's near fang gong time, i'm abit kan cheong always look at the time.. haha

Sylvia: You mentioned that the last 2 min will have final letdown? How do we know that how many letdowns we will have everytime ar?

Sunflower: Yes, for my boy, i asked the nanny to put baby oil then use a cloth to rub & clean away. so far it works...

I bought the Avent manual pump as backup, thanks to mommies for the recommendation. Can I check if it's safe to put the white valve and massage cushion into the steriliser? For my freestyle, I dun put any soft parts in steriliser, just wash with hot soapy water...

Haha i realise i'm a 问题auntie! i've so many qns in my mind that i wanna find out the ans... but i din dare to join in forum like this, coz i find that u gals always like to have gathering huh (which i may not be able to join). so i always be a silent reader in most of the discussion forums, this is actually my #2. I also be a silent reader when I had my #1 last time, bcoz i feel the discussion is somehow helpful as i may face the same problem then can find out the ans along the way ma!

May i know any of u r using any contraceptive methods ar? My fren rec IUD whereas my coll rec sth called IMPLANON... Do u know which one will be better ma?

Mickeyboy,I do take 1 cup of coffee (sometimes 2) but for every cup of coffee I drink,I try to drink 2 cups of milk.reason being caffeine deplete calcium. Is more for us than for bb cos we r losing calcium fast. If u can avoid,then avoid.else 1 cup won't do harm. :p actually I ask a few docs b4 on coloring/mani/pedi/food etc,all tell me act very little amount go into the bm. Yet when u read info online,it say wat u eat is wat bb get. So a lil confuse too. I guess depend on how sensitive bb is but alcohol is definitely a no no. Currently I also changing my diet again cos of cough/phlegm for my gal.nanny ask me to restrict myself fr cold drinks (even fresh milk) & chicken to c if will improve.

Say abt having 2 kids, all along my #1 prefer hubby to me for god knows what reason tho I spend most time with him. Ever since #2 came along, he declare "war" with me which is quite upsetting. I m trying to spend more time whenever I m free with him but he still prefer hubby & mil.sometimes when I try to discipline him,he will tell me things like "mommy go away,I don't wan u, bang bang,I shoot u" etc.sometimes it's quite funny cos u really cant imagine d things he will say but sometimes feel like a failure as a mom.

precious/bella: tks! i put alarm to check health booklet for the jabs n i still forgot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] will try to check tonite. my boy took 6in1 at 3 mths so i thot how come so fast must take another one

my maid also say no time to cook with #2 ard. she says he keeps waking up n cry.

xuanmin,

i feel fat coz in office, eat and then sit, got to walk ard but then also wldnt use up much energy. when i stay hm, i feel i can wkout home fetching to n forth sch n with hsewk =)

dun be sad, i m sure if u have a choice, u wldnt wan her to have any allergy and eczema too. *hug*

jia you in ur bfeeding and hang on for ur wk =)

playyard is a gd investment =)

viman,

i have been using pigeon milk bags for both my #1 and #2's time. For #1's time, although using pigeon milk bags but still have the metallic smell le. this time rd i duno yet as I havent use as frozen ebm.

split,

u can enquire at Safra Yishun. They have swimming lessons every weekends. Or are u looking for private instructors?

hows ur job finding? do u visit ur kids everyday aft wk?

cloudpoem,

its unavoidable tat ppl will complain when we pump in office, whether they are mothers themselves or they are not...there are always ppl with green eyes ard...so long as ur immediate reporting manager/boss is ok, just heck care them.

Jenny,

gd at least u know why ur boy has been crying alot =) hope ur boy is better now with his diarrhea. did u rub ru yi you on his tummy?

Its ok to complain/rant but most impt aft tt u must have a positive outlook towards ur baby and everything, else when u start to feel negative, everything will feel negative and things will turn downhill. =)

wat is ur hb wking as? Its nt easy looking aft a baby, so hang on ya.

preciousMom,

Well done to W on his 1st semi solids. my gal also like to look at us when we eat and her mouth will move too but i will wait till she is officially 6mths =)

dolly,

if they are nt tired, no matter how u force them to slp also no use. mayb wat u can do is engage her in some less stimulating activities, eg: read a book or just lie down in bed tog (off the lights of coz) and chit chat abit.

i slp at 12++ daily and wake up at 5+.

sunflower,

for my #1, we put baby oil 15mins before his bath and then during bathing, scrub gentle. u can use baby comb.

mickeyboy,

letdown is when u feel tickling sensation and suddenly u have a lot of milk tat is fast flowing. i totally avodi caffine.

vicki,

mayb u can try to play with him on his fav activities?

vicki, i read ur post i will feel sad if my boy say that to me..my #1 alway said he dun wan mummy cuz i alway scold him and he love my mil i feel very unbalance also..r u the one that alway be the bad guy that do the scolding? if so mayb u just get ur hubby to do it? i ask my mil to scold now..so things getting better at my side..

val thanks.. occ one quite ex 1mth 100plus for 1 kids..we got 2 so abit taxing..looking for those around 50 for 4 lesson one..

no luck on job finding..went for alot of interview and the job offer is not what i looking for..i hope to really get out of what im doing but most company interview me offer me residential project despite i told them i want commerial even b4 the interview..sigh..hope lady luck come to me soon..

Little Fly: I wonder if there's a baby who doesn't cry the whole day except when hungry? If there is then really very good hor. Dare not expect my baby to be this guai. Just lesser and softer singing would be good for me.

Deon: I think Sat Kinderclinic would be very packed coz my clinic even with appt also quite packed. But I still prefer having an appt coz if not dunno must wait how long. My baby also enjoy playing with the toys in the clinic.

Bella/xuanmin/Val: My baby is a little better now. Yest still have diarrhea one time and normal stool one time. And no screaming (but still got cry). But still not feeding well, now even suckle also dun really like. He used to love to suckle so much, even when I wash his hair he also will turn over and want to suck. I'm worried my bm would decrease now.

Val: My husband working as sales admin only and earning a miserable salary. Now working 2 pple's job with no increment, and yah, I got apply oil two times a day on my baby. My husband ask me to apply more times but scare cannot.

sunflower: normally we do this (apply oil & rub) b4 bathing him. so when you bathe him, can wash his head as the flakes will come out easily le. it has been soften.

do u mean coloring/rebonding, it will only affect one batch of milk huh? so long as i discard that batch, it wld be fine huh? noted w thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: letdown

but how do i know one session of pumping will have how many times of letdowns ar? eg. i pump 30 mins, i shd expect how many times of letdowns?

Sigh.. Just went for review on my eyes.. Both eyes r still inflammed.. I have to drip eye drops again.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] really draggy to get well.. Need review again

sunflower: PD gave me dentinox craddle cap shampoo. very good!! Can be bought in pharmacies. I also use olive oil every morning after bath to apply on bb head. Now no more le, my Dad just shaved her head botak yesterday =)

Xuanmin: Just wondering if you got try sebamed facial cream for babies?

Mickeyboy: ya same.. sometimes really need to express longer to get 150ml.. haiz..

haha.. i take coffee and tea.. max 2 cups for me.. u mean u read somewhere cannot rebond ah? I rebond liao lei on my 2nd month.. hahaha.. cuz gg back to work ma.. kakaka

Viman: yes you can put both the valves and cushion parts into the steriliser.. but when i use that, i never use the cushion.. it makes the opening so small and hurts my nips alot.. haha

letdown: i have 3 letdowns within an hour of pumping.. just imagine my single letdown has only how much milk.. cuz add up total only avg 180ml. haha

Sunflower,

I bought the Pigeon comb and brush set.

Bella,

Thanks!

Re: Avent manual pump

Just used for the first time and my feedback is positive. Can get 100 ml with 10 min on each side. Hands don't hurt that much. Less painful for breasts too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back