(2011/05) May 2011

Nina: Doc diagnose my baby with reflux coz he threw up quite a bit of milk each and everytime and adviced me to substitute one scoop of milk powder to Enfalac AR. Now he doesn't spit out milk from bottle anymore but after bfing he still spit out.

MickeyBoy: My baby on FM + BM, and somemore he's having diarrhea so need to replenish the fluids. Just now I tried spoon feeding him with water again and he drank a little. I think he thinks he has grown up and dun wan the bottle anymore. Haha.

JTS: Mummies who are staying near Khatib/Yishun, i think Sheng Siong got promotion for Huggies Dry Comfort (the red packaging). ~$30 for two packs, it's cheap rite? Think i will go n buy some today...

twinkle: Thanks but my baby is nv hungry for milk now unless its in the middle of the nite. But I'll be so tired and sleepy and just feed him his milk and go back to slp. Doc advice to start solid after his diarrhea clears coz he doesn't eat enough.

Jenny - So glad u know what is causing discomfort to yr bb. Same as mine got acid reflux, I will try enfalc AR also. Now using thick & easy only.

Starflower - Yr bb is so slim Just brought my girl for her 5 in 1 jab today. SHe weighs 7.2kg at 62.5cm at 16 weeks. PD was like whoa... Headache, not sure if I need to reduce her milk. But she only taking 90ml each time but every 2 hours cos of her acid reflux. Cannot drink too much at one go..

Mummies, any advise ?? My bb girl's weight is okay or not ?

For two bags? Means how many packs and fr where?

Anyway just now I went there n wanna buy, realized I saw the price wrongly. It's for the drypers haha! So I didn't buy in the end, sigh.. Stock running low, maybe will chk on BP to see if got promotion. But normally will need more orders to qualify for free delivery. Any mummies stay near Yishun keen to share ma?

Mickey - I got it at the atrium sales at YewTee Point. They wil lbe there till Sunday, if you are keen can pop by.

I stay near Yishun, can share if you are ordering and it is cheaper.

Deon, i weigh my ger last week at hannah's. She is 7.6kg at 16weeks! I am not overly concern lah. She drinks 120ml every 3-4 hrs. I super love her chubby size :D!! Very nice to bao bao!!

My baby just went for his 4th mth 6 in 1 injection today but he only weighs 6.7kg n 65cm.. Only 200g increase frm last month.. Is it too little? He drinks 150ml total fm every 2.5-3hrly... But he doesn't drink any milk in e middle of e nite..wonder if tis cause e slow gain of weight.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Good Morning Mummies

Took leave today to bring my girl our for a walk...

Hope she will be guai guai...

Starfruit - Glad to know that my girl is not too big. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Preciousmon - My girl still wakes up for night feeds. Maybe that's explain her size... ha ha ha

Mickey boy. Mamy poko M size is at $13.50 & Huggies Dry Comfort M is at $16.00 . they also selling milk powder veri cheap.. FYI. they got one outlet at Fernvale point.

morning ladies. its thurs =)

vicki,

pneumoccal jab is compulsory and can use Medisave IF I dun rem wrongly. can choose to take before or aft 1.

preciousMom,

my gal still need nite feeds but she isnt heavy or gain alot as compared to the 1st 2mths too.

Deon,

as mentioned to preciousMom, my gal still needs nite feeds but she is nt heavy so i dun think its due to nite feeds ba. either ur milk is thick and powerful or mayb coz of genes??

Ok,mb I shall ask pd again whether can delay d pneummococal. Cos I also tink it's painful to jab twice + take rota at 1 go. Wait fever I also don't know is which virus attack.

I think night feed do play a diff.my son used to also drink only 90ml every 2-3hrly,even at night. I compare my gal,150ml 3hrly with no night feed, to him at the same age,my son already 7/8kg but short at 56cm but my gal 2wks ago still 5.9kg.height nt sure but she seem taller than gor gor.

Btw mommies who have gal,) which cartoon characters do gals prefer for their 1st bday cake? I abit kiasu la but cos I saw a bulk purchase selling some cake toppers at cheap price.since I m getting Thomas toppers for my son's bday,might as well prepare my gal's as well.their princesses miniature toppers not very real tho so c wat other alternatives

Ya, its Thurs, one more day to Fri! Yeah~!

Nina: the calculation is for the price at the BP huh? Or the atrium sales at YewTee Point that Deon mentioned, u went there too?

vicki,

diff kids diff ba. coz for my #1, he also needs 2 nite feeds which is the same as my gal and he weights so much more (coz boy ba).

Hello Kitty? Dora? Minnie?

Val - Maybe due to genes leh, cos I am medium build mah..

Could be milk too, cos I put thickner in it to help to ease her acid refulx.

Anyway, I think she should lose the weight when starts to crawl and walk (hopefully)

Deon,

I am medium build for a gal and my hb is consider small build for a man =P

Yes, kids will lose weight if nt slow to gain weight once they are mobile so i prefer my kids to be chubby so that they have the excess to lose or even if they gain slower then is ok. hahaha.

Mickey -

Sorry, did I caused a confusion. I meant I bought my bags from the atrium sales not the diapers.

But do not mind sharing to buy the diapers online, if it is worth it..

Sorry :p

Vicki: doc say tat the jabs bb take now will hav low chance of fever.. Is the mmr that is very strong, higher chance of fever.. My gal took 5 in 1, pneu n rota on same day at 3rd mth.. Duno hw come so early tk also.. But Heng no fever la...

Re: cake

I would like to my gal to have hello kitty cake!! Or maybe cupcakes!! I saw a few nice bakers online.. Those home business one. Very nice!! Seriously, I dun mind any characters but Barney and teletubbies.. I tot they look scary.. =X

Any mums experienced baby on milk strike? Like bb only WANs to drink 20-30ml each time? Or is this a symptom for acid reflux too? My coll bb on strike now.. 2nd day le..He's so worried... Any advice??

Mommies, my bb drinks about 100 ml each feed which is what I get after pumping both breasts. But when she latches on, she seems full after drinking from only one breast for abt 20 min. Refuses the other breast and bottle after that. Does this mean she is only drinking 50 ml during latching? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Deon: Thick n Easy is starch so will make baby fat.

Bella: My baby on milk strike, both bottle and bm. He drinks 3 bottles a day only, yest only drank 12oz for the whole day. I'm starting solid for him already, already tried Heinz veg and he likes it.

Jenny - Oh ok, now i know but she just started it for 2 weeks. All along she is on the heavy side. Cos PD recommended to put into her milk.

Maybe I will buy a tin of Enflac AR and mix into her milk instead of THick & Easy and monitor

Val - U medium build meh ?? I think you are vrey slim lor, u more like small build leh.

Anyway, I think as long as bb is drinking and is healthy - is good news.

I went back to Dr Ooi for jab yesterday so he always repeats the same thing to me.. Ha ha ... Yr girl is on the heavy side... I think I am getting immune to it.

Vicki for bb's first birthday, pls feel free to choose any theme u want or like for her cos this is the only year that she will allow u to decide for her. From 2 yrs old onwards, its what they want already.. Hehe. I did Hello Kitty for my no.1's first birthday, at 2nd birthday, she wanted mickey theme, 3rd birthday, she want Hello kitty anf 4th birthday, she wanted Princess. I think for 5th birthday, she will want princess again!!

Bella milk strike is not a sign of acid reflux. Bb with acid reflux tends to want to drink milk cos the milk will wash down the acid n allow them temp comfort. Which is why bb with acid reflux always wants to drink milk to sooth the acid but when they overdrink it aggrevates the acid condition. Its a vicious cycle. There may be other causes for the milk strike. How old is the bb? Teething?

Viman bb can extract more milk from ur breast as compared to your pump. So not surprise if she is full after 1 breast n also tat she drinks 20mins on it, she may have gotten quite a fair amt of milk from it. Bb's suckling on your breast is also able to stimulate it better n u will get more let downs as conpared to pump. One good estimate is tat she may get twice the amt u pump. I.e if u can only pump 50ml from one breast, she may infact be able to extract 100ml from tat same breast!

Bella,

lucky my boy do not like Barney...else i will faint. hahaha!

Jenny,

i thot sld start with rice cereal first?

Deon,

hmmm...there are ladies who are even smaller build than me ma, if i am small build, they will be super small build. hehehe. i am abt 162/163cm in height.

hahaha. Dr Ooi really v caution de. just ignore him la =P

starfruit,

i agree with u. only 1st yr we can choose for them aft tt it will be upon their request! hehehe.

1st yr: Mickey

2nd yr: Thomas

3rd yr best! he had 3 celebrations, Thomas, Mickey and Disney Cars!

Val at least we got the common themes which was easy to find cake toppers n deco. Just imagine if she wanted little einstein, higgly town etc then die, cos no cake toppers!!

starfruit,

if no cake toppers then no choice have to go for fondant cakes liao, which are ex. my boy thomas's cake this yr was fondant and it cost me quite abit...

Deon: My dad on milk feed and last time the milk is very thick n he can drink but after that they made the milk thin so we have to add thick n easy to thicken it, if not my dad will choke. Then we saw him getting fatter and fatter. I use Enfalac AR and same amt of milk, which means I nv feed him lesser and give more feeds and his reflux is better. Think it would be very tiring to feed every 2 hours. Reminds me of newborn baby.

Val: Yah lor but baby cries and I no time to prepare cereal. Heinz is the easiest so I gave it to him. I dun dare to buy the fruits type coz scare he used to eat very sweet stuff, later cereal all these he dun wan.

Wahahaha,initially like u all,I wonder y kids love Barney cos eerie looking but after watching the videos,I think my son learn alot of songs fr it.ya,ask him want Barney/Thomas n he insist thomas.

Fondants cake r picture perfect but I feel very heartpain cos so $ thoI haven try yet

I m trying out cupcake fr hmbaker for my hubby bday tml.shall c if taste sweet. :p

Jenny,

cereal v fast de. a spoon or 2 then u hand express some milk out can le.

vicki,

yes. Fondant is ex and wasted coz most dun eat the icing but i like them still. hahaha!

Val: U no whats e proportion of milk n cereal? I got some samples from PD but it says 200ml with a pack of cereal. My baby can nv finish 200ml of milk. I thinking of using 20-30ml milk instead. Yest nite before I sleep I hand express some milk and store in the fridge so that can use in cereal.

Jenny,

i dun rem wats the proportion coz i dun measure le....anyway, i start with 3 spoons of cereal then i just direct hand express into the bowl and mix. It should not be too runny. Sld be "gek gek". If too gek, i will just express out alittle more milk to mix...

Pls warm up the chilled milk before u mix with cereal ya =)

Thanks Val. I think I'll bring a pack to my mum's house tmr and let her guide me on the consistency coz I dun really know how to do it. =)

Val, deon: tat's hw i console myself for e slow weight gain for baby..haha.. n i tot with total FM for the past 2-3 wks, he shld be gaining faster than ebm bah..cos my ebm was quite thin...

anyway, as long as he is feeding fine n happy, i m still ok lor.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jenny: i aso never use any proportion for the rice cereal.. i just make sure e consistency is not too thick, cos not sure if baby able to swallow it..so i make it abit thin.. as days go by, then mayb can slowly make it thicker... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Val - You are indeed small build, Stairfruit agrees with me.

Jenny - Thanks for your advise, I have decided to get a tin of Enfalac AR and try on bb. IF she can get used to it then I will using Thick & Easy.

Preciousmon - It is true, as long as bb is healthy and feeding well; we are happy.

Starfruit,

Thanks sooo much, that is so reassuring! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back