(2011/05) May 2011

Starfruit, you are very knowledgeable, you seem to have answers to most questions! I am worried that my baby wasn't drinking enough from 1 breast so I always try to make her take the other until she's angry.. opps

Re: Bday cakes

You gals are making me so excited about my #1's 2nd bday in Dec! Wonder what cake we should get her? I love cupcakes with thick creamy icing but not all people like it :p

Any good bakers to recommend? Should I start ordering now for Dec?

Re: Night feeds

My baby used to be able to sleep through the night when I was on ML; only woke up between 5-7am for feeds. But ever since I started work, my mil gave her the pacy for her naps, and at night she started waking up 2-3 times to suck, dunno whether it's for comfort or for food. So tiring! I wonder if it's cuz my baby misses me, or that the pacy gave her a sucking habit. She could sleep without a pacy at night for the past 4 months, so I'm not sure whether the introduction of a pacy would cause such an impact?

When I try to nurse her to sleep during her morning feeds now, she'll struggle and cry. Makes me feel very rejected and upset as it used to be so easy to comfort her and make her slp through nursing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Deon,I don't mind joining tho I haven join any of ur outings b4. Really learn alot readin fr here

Sylvia,if u r lookin at Hm baker,best to source early in case they r fully bk.

,mickeyboy,ntuc is selling huggies ultra at $18.45 for d big pack.else u can also check ck to c if d dry comfort is cheaper than shengsiong. I usually super Aunty go d 3 store check first b4 buying cos they got diff promo period

Just now my baby cry like mad coz he got lotsa rashes on his tummy and its all red and swollen. I wonder isit the food that makes him sensitive. I applied baby johnson lotion on him and bf him till he fell asleep. When he woke up, its not so red anymore and he finally stopped crying. Its so scary to see his whole tummy all red with lotsa rashes.

Should I wait for the rashes to stop before introducing cereal to him? I shouldn't have given him Heinz. After I bath him I saw his tummy red and I applied some powder and it doesn't seem to irritate him that time. Haiz.

i wanna break down soon. started a new job recently and my baby been fuzzing even more. caught a cold last week and was coughing so badly for the past few days. i been shuttling work n clinic these few days and my lazy hubby is not helping at all and came back at wee hours . so piss man!!!!!!!! ok finish ranting.

my baby been coughing since last thursday and the cough get better but from yesterday start, he refused any milk or teats. he only wants his pacificer. i can see that he is hungry but he just refused to take any. any mummies have advice? i just bring him to PD and he said will last 1 to 2 days but it seem to me that it will last longer. today whole day he only take 1 to 2 oz of milk only. tomorrow i guess i can only use syringe to force feed him. so poor thing to see him crying while i force feed him.

Jenny it sounds like a food allergy if its rash tummy. U should stop giving him any more solid till it subsides. This is the reason why most of us are suggesting to only start solid at 6 mths n start with plain rice cereal to min allergy as their digestive system is still quite inmature. Pls take note of wat veggie it was tat he was allergic too n elminiate it from his diet. U can try this same veggie again when he is older but if rash persist u may have to exclude it totally from his diet.

Sylvia thks for your compliment. There is a lot of other very knowleageable mummies here too. Most of these are info i learn from books n internet as well experience with no.1.

Possible to cut the pacy now?

starfruit: so its not reflux.. his bb is only 2 months. dont think is teething lei.. he is on formula since day one.. not too sure y suddenly like on milk strike.. hopefully tomorrow would be ok..

Re: feeding solids

mummies giving solids to bb.. are u all already replacing a meal? or just let bb try try?

I went to the free weaning talk on Sat last week, and got a free tin of frisocreme, haven try yet.. am thinking of what shud i add to it to let her try..

kristie: ur baby on milk strike too? is this phase that all babies have to go through huh?

Thanks starfruit. I'll take note of that. Will prob start cereal next week after his rashes stop coz PD advice him to start solids since he doesn't want to drink milk. Hopefully he's ok with cereal.

i super affected today.. i just knew this day will come.. my HR, the super gei gao one, went to complaint to my big boss about me pumping in offc. say i take so long, end up work only 7 hours.. den my big boss ask my direct manager (who does not have any problem with me pumping) how am i suppose to pay back..

the hr keep asking me when i want to clear my ML.. say what if i get pregnant nxt year and means i have to be absent from work for another 3 months??

So pek chek with her.. I pump already not enough for my gal to drink..she used to be on total ebm, now have to supp fm for 1-2 feeds liao..and if i have to pump just once during offc, sure cham..

Think i have to compensate my co by deducting my ml from the number of hours i pump per week.. haiz.. so demoralizing

Bella: oh my.. ur coy not pro-family? sounds bad that they ask u to paste back the pumping hrs.. i also scared that they will resort to this.. esp when there are 2 mummies pumping.. my other colleague pump only 20mins..

how many months is ur gal now?

Bella this is bad bad bad...u should complain to mcys or the press. My colleagues in china actually have 1 hour "lactation leave" per day for 6 months after birth. So they can go off one hour earlier leh. I think sg didn't formalize this because we have mutual trust and respect and dun have to resort to legislation lor. Ask your HR to pay back her toilet breaks, pantry chit chat time lah...add up surely more than your pumping time.

moo mum: hahah so funny, pantry chit chat time

bella: but ur hr really very gei gao. sianz big time!

jenny: yes u shld stop the solids u giving bb n record it down wat u hv given. try plain cereal when bb is ok again.

kristle: did u dilute the milk? if bb cough n esp got phlegm, dilute the milk as milk causes more phlegm

Bella can u use ur lunch hr as compensation instead?

I will be working thru lunch too when i go back to work to compensate for the time taken to pump.

Bella this is really bad... why so geh gao?! Is she married and she has kids ma?

Are u working on ur laptop? Most of the time, i will bring my laptop in, and will try to send out a few emails if possible (of coz i will do personal surfing too hehe) to show that i'm still working while pumping! Will this method work for u too?

Deon, i'm ok to meet so long as my hb can look after the elder boy, i'll probably bring my bb out to meet u all. But it seems only u, me and vicki stay near Yishun huh? The rest maybe not staying at the north...

Morning ladies. TGIF =)

preciousMom,

ya. so long as they are healthy, happy and growing well ok liao but when weighting time we will feel stress n sian. hahaha.

Deon,

Hehehe, ok, then i shall say I am small built =P

I am staying in Yishun =) so is split.

Sylvia,

I am always v excited when it comes to planning bday parties for my boy =) I will place emphasise on the cake as tat the most look fwd to item for the day =)

u sld already start looking now as all the gd bakers will be snapped up really fast! FOr my boy's 2nd bday, i only source 3mths ahead and I was left with nt much choice...this yr, i actually booked the baker 6mths in advance =)

Did u tell ur mil inadvance nt to give pacy? we did tell my mum nt to give pacy for both my kids so she nv intro. hope ur gal will be able to slp thro the nite in time to come again.

Jenny,

YES. pls wait for the rashes to go off completely then re-intro semi solids but pls give only cereal.

PD advise u to start solids but u sld always start with plain rice cereals and nt any other things.

Bella,

starting semi solids is to let them try other texture n food out of milk but dun replace a meal yet, still too early.

WAH! how cum ur HR and the big boss so unreasonable? Mayb u can feedback to MOM.

For me, i dun go out for lunch. I buy my lunch in the morning. So i am actually using my lunch hr broken dwn into 3 sessions for my pumping.

Bella, *big hugs* I am very appalled when I read abt ur HR! She's so petty, and she's not even your boss! Roar! I hope such things wouldn't happen to me, cuz I still go for lunch to restore some sanity, and my admin officer told me our company is pro-family so they have to accept that this will happen.

Seriously, we are not going to smoke/relaxation breaks, but to provide milk for our babies, essential food for them. I am going to check with MOM on this man. Angry to see this.

*** Yishun Gathering ***

1. Deon

2. vicki

3. mickeyboy

4. Val

5. split

So when and where should it be? Any ideas or suggestions? Hmmm... What about North Point?

TGIF mommies..

Bella, now govt going thru a phase where they encourage work-life balance in private section. It is not right that they ask u to offset your ML for the time used on expressing bm in ofc! U may want to check with MOM whether the company can do so..be more proactive and a step ahead of the HR, in case they really ask u to offset your ML.

mickeyboy,

northpt is gd. mayb u gals can decide on the date and timing and i see if i can make it. weekdays evenings are out for me. if weekends, i will bring my own family dwn. hahaha.

Bella: Why like that one? Tell them govt encourage total bf for 6 mths. If not happy find govt. How are u going to pay back? Work OT one hour free? This is ridiculous! What abt those who go and smoke during working?

val: exactly!! stress when measuring e weight n i always want to peep at e value..haha.. actually tis dr said is 6.8kg like tat but if without clothes on shld b 6.7kg lor.. but i thought all measurement based on wat u see rite? it seems diff with other dr's measurement tat i went for e past few injection.. mine is done in a GP clinic.. worse.. last mth height measurement was 66cm..but tis mth becomes 65cm.. shrink 1cm ar?!!.. tis dr just laugh it away..i guess mayb measurement didnt do well somewhere.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bella, ur HR n Big boss very/terrible bad .... how can they like tat ... so not family pro in company ....

jenny, good to read tat ur boy is getting more guai now ... jiayou ....

mummies, dont look at the figures for the weight n height lah ... make us stress only ... i only look at my gal's cheeky smile ... love her so much .... always melt my heart ....

yeah ling, i love how you put things into perspective [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

somehow people who never have kids would understand how it is possible to love another person so much. Sometimes I think I love my kids more than my hubby! opps

Anyway I tried to send an email to MOM to ask abt Bella's situation but they say I have entered an invalid IC no.? Maybe i'll try again later.

Bella: Wow, thanks for the effort in consolidating the links for me! will look through them, i love to see beautiful cake creations! cakes now are so beautiful and intricate, unlike those during our times, just big and rectangular with different coloured icing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starfruit/Val: Think we can't let her drop the pacy cuz it really makes it more manageable for my mil to look after her. I had initially expressed my unwillingness to let her take the pacy but when I'm not around, my bb really calms down and go to sleep faster with it. Last night my bb cried for the pacy when I was trying to nurse her to sleep and I was so angry at her for preferring a dummy to her mummy.

Hopefully this is (yet) another phase that we have to go through! Pray that tonight will be a better night.

Bella - So sad to here about your situation. Check with the MOM and see if there is anything on it and try to work it out with your HR ?

I would feel if can work out something is the best rather than to explore options ? Hope things will work out fine for you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

deon: so gd.. mine is only at ard 50 percentile.. imagine he supposed to be the heaviest baby when born.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i tink i am giving myself unnecessary stress..

deon, any website tat check tat? wan to see wat is my gal range... haha ...

Preciousmom, ya, 50% mean ur boy is average leh ... not too heavy or light ...

Jenny, how is bb rashes? better?

ling: but e thing is he born heavier leh.. :p i thought by rite he should be more 'advanced'.. haha.. seems like he didnt absorb the nutrients somehow... :p

cloudpoem: Besides my direct manager, the rest of my colleagues' babies are on FM.. even my HR, she felt weird latching, therefore, she never latch before..

moo mum: haha.. chit chat and toilet breaks. lol.. u so funny..

starfruit: yup, i've been eating in most of the time.. only once in a while, i'll go out eat. and because usually my manager will go with me, so when i eat in, she noes.. My manager is a very nice lady.. she BF all her 4 kids and also support me bf for 1 year.. she did help me out alot.. end up the big boss say she sides her staff too much.. -_-""

Mickeyboy: i'm using desktop.. but my hubby also suggest me to request for a laptop so that I can do my work while express.. my manger tot its a good idea so she will help me request for it too =)

apple, jenny, ling, deon: my co duno considered family pro or not lei,they allow us to bring kids to work in fridays lei.. but of cuz, mine too young, so cannot lo..they ask if i wan come early, go back late or off set ml.. the only choices I have to consider if no lap top available for me..

Slyvia: wa.. thanks for helping me check with MOM.. really appreciate =)

no worries about the links, all in my bookmarks. because i plan to order it for my gal's 1st birthday..

btw, i also feel that i love my gal more then my hubby.. and he will jealous because everything i see, think and talk about is bb.. kakakaka

Thanks mummies for being so supportive =) I'll try to work things out with my HR and big boss.. hate it when such things happen..

Deon & starfruit, have to into semisolid to W in two weeks time.. Turning 6 mths le... Just started to give him 6oz of milk.. Recently, he's interested with J's food... Greedy boy...

Enrichment class for bigger kids: mummy who have got 2yrs old toddler wanna form a group for trail lesson mah? I went to city square mall this morning for an interview after which I walk around the place got alot of enrichment class there and the music lesson caught my attention since my boys have show interest in music as their sch have piano.. Wanted to have a trial lesson for Sunday but they don't have one at the moment. The person incharge told me they can form 1 if I got 6 kids the class is for different group of kid and the one I looking for us for age 6mth to 3yr old. Their trial lesson is $20 per kids

Hi mummies,

Not sure if it's too late to join in the discussion here. My boy was born on 31 may (was supposed to be due in mid June). [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shymz,

Welcome to our group. It's never too late! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly so fast W 6 mths liao!! Yeah his appetite has increased maybe need semi solid to fill his tummy!! 6oz is a lot mine still drinking 4oz max, she dun seem to want more.

Deon, yeah will be super cute if we put them all together, actually jerejoy's J and apple's D also very good weight!! Hehe

Bella if u are already staying in for lunch the co. Should not complain. Did u tell ur HR tat u are already working thru lunch??

Welcome Shymz!

Back