(2011/03) Mar 2011

mimimo24 - what is childlife echinacea? and where to buy it from? and whats e difference between this and sambucol?

2k - e sambucol, is it pill form or liquid? how to give them, which brand is better and where to buy at best rate?

won_mummy: its liquid form, i feed kiefer using spoon..

i give him everyday

i prefer UK sambucol, i personally find it sweeter.

US one is more sourish.

u can get it at spree section, think i last bought $18.50 with postage

2Ks: I'm currently giving childlife probiotics. Can I also give sambucol concurrently? I also thinking whether to give fish oil...hmm... seems like a lot hor?

2k - oic...ok tks, i will go check it out. wanna quickly build up her immune system before sending her to cc. actually since she 1yrs old, i start giving her cod fish oil le...finished 1 btl so far. just wondering, can i give both together? or? any idea?

u r like our advisor in this thread now....lol...where is pixie, rach, expert mama? haha

jojo: can...why not..cos different supplements target differently mah...

but for me, i usually stick to one, so i know whether effective or not mah..right?

won_mummy: rach think FULL TIME now at the HCP group la..see her posting there everyday.

pixie is very busy with her work..

i am the most free one, cos office job mah, can surf net when i am free...

to be frank with u, no matter what supplements u load her now...when she go cc, she still need to go thru the sickness part...

and not i scared u or what, they usually will fall sick one big one...

some every month sick, their body usually will only settle in with the cc environment by 6th month.

this is personally my observation, for u to believe or not ok.

2k - omg!! by 6th mth...haiz. thats e prob. i heard of all e nightmares and virus in cc. thats y trying to load her whatever i can. i need her to go cc when she reaches 18mths no matter wat. my family got 1 dragon bb arriving ard that time. my mum needs to divert her attention the e nb soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

damn scary lor. n now i 'ling jiao' e HFMD!! my nephew who just enter cc not long, last wk kanna HFMD...n now, it spread to my HB!! (who dont really get in touch w him but stay under 1 roof)..i keep lauging at him cos i never heard of adults kanna. but his GP say its getting common now of adult kanna-ing HFMD. i quickly rush down to buy dettol to clean all my gal's toys, playpen, chairs...so scare that it spread to my gal cos my hb still carry her last sun before his fever starts. so, my hb has to stays at his house this whole week n he is not allowed into my mum's house to see my gal till he fully recovers.......

won_mummy: yes! adults also will get it if their immune system is not good, so only precaution is to keep washing hands lor.

eh...even though the person may recover already, but the virus might still stay around...

that is an experience that i went thru, cos kyler got it although the person recover for a week, and no other case of HFMD at school, only thing is he played with him, so i assume he caught it from him likely la.

2kS - for Kyler case at least you still know he likely caught it from the classmate he played with... mine worst... obviously the classmate has it but the parents tell the teachers doc nv say the child got HFMD only ask to keep at home (when she has all the symtoms including rash)... then my gal got it and become the 1st official case for IFC... really buay tahan the parents....

XFZ: that time when we brought kyler to the doctor (not dr wong), the dr also said its NOT HFMD, but end up the next day night the spots appeared.

so HFMD is really hard to say one...its suddenly appear, sometimes here sometimes there..

sigh can only blame my own child immune system and the stupid virus..

but one thing i am glad is that, although kyler got twice hfmd, he recovered very fast, even faster than what the doctor expected.

to make myself happier, i consoled myself cos i bf him long..kekeke

2k - means its better than i ban my hb from appearing in front of us at least 2wk? i really dont wish him spreading to my gal....yeah...HFMD really hard to say sia. my hb only had fever on sun. seen doc yday but doc say its not HFMD. Fever has subside but his red spots only appear this morning. lucky we already ban him from coming when he kanna fever.

XFZ - yeah man! if only everyone can be so cooperative and considerate!

2Ks/xfz,

hmm, i think sometime the kid might carrying the HFMD virus with them. But the kid is strong enough so he/she doesn't get the HFMD. Again, by playing with them, our little one might got it ..

This is what i suspected. My girl brought back the virus though herself nvr get it. But, Shay play with her most time & got it from her lor. The IFC very alert when my girl's CC has any HFMD cases de. Then they isolate Shay lot .. i feel so pitiful to him sometimes.

yoooooo mummies

I am still around but only occasionally lor. Yar work is v bz n now today appraisal boss wants me to take on a more leadership role. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Won mummy

Oh no ur hb got it huh. Yes we adults do kena de. Hope he get well soon

I remember sambucol got for bb leh. Wait i go search.

I buy frm vitacost.com but u shld join spree section to get it.

I still feel its too young for our toddlers to take supplements. Whatever vitamins n minerals they need is still via their milk feed n solids. Only by being sick then can get stronger.

But then again thats my opinion, may not works for everyone.

Just share my tots,

cos my #1 extreme premature, so very weak since young, his neonatologist also don prescribe supplements for him.

Its more for those babies who are in CC i guess..

I started the supplements after 1.5yrs..

Its best to let their bodies develop the immunity without help first..

if they cannot, then supplement..

Sleepy zzzz

Won mummy

I bought it from gnc, didn't compare with sambucol though. It was recommended by the doc. Can't tell yet if it has a positive effect on him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

2ks

Good thing you are around here to offer us advice! My sil who just gave birth , gave up on her Mar 2012 long ago cos it became a ghost thread since last year. Sidetrack, I think Tmc is indeed fully occupied - sil was asked to discharge the next day after she gave birth to make space. She had to 'ask' her gynae to extend her stay by one more day.

Airmez

What happened to your maid?

Pixie

Smelling a promotion soon? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies....

tks for your advice.....ok, i shall cont to let her have the cod fish oil 1st....till *touchwood* she really fall sick in cc then i start w sambucol.

Yes, I believe in letting their bodies develop immunity without help too....but virus now seems so scary.

pixie - ya lor. so funny. he always at my mum house w us, only go home for shower n sleep then go out early next day, din really get in touch w his nephew also will kanna...faintz. thanks! he is getting better. just e blisters are getting painful on his feet when he walk. even a big man is complaining e pain. cannot imagine if our lil babies kanna, e pain they suffer.

sinmey - oh dear....shay kanna too? have he fully recovered?

mimimo: My mum complained 1 maid not enuff.... with my 2nd bb coming up. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] So bobian, gotta find a part-time maid to appease my lau bu. Sigh...

won mummy,

yea, he recovered .. that was like few mths back..

But still, i'm those kind of person who don't really believe on supplement (maybe i should) .. Like what Pixie said, each time they sick, they get stronger. Few weeks back, i saw almost all bb is IFC was having the 'chendol'(flu), i was thinking sure Shay is going to get it .. But touch wood, he only have 1-2 days of mucus & that's it(maybe the mucus is bcoz he is crying?). I felt so happy in my heart that for the first time, he doesn't need to take medicine and in fact he dun really get the Flu though most bb are having the flu there ... And yes, every time he got sick, i told myself he will be stronger to fight with the virus .. haha. Now he >1 yr old, dunno why i suddenly feel like he is the big boy now .. lol, big enough to fight the virus ..

sinmey: maybe cos kiefer might be my last baby, i find him growing way tooooo fast!

i am enjoying him every minute and second, but he seems to grow sooo fast lor..

now he is trying to climb up the bed and sofa with his SHORT legs...

sorry to interrupt

i have a preloved FP Brilliant Basics™ Musical Pop-tivity Table for sale $20. Sounds not working well but the rest ok. PM me if keen. suitable for 12 months & above

2Ks,

Now Shay love to climb Sofa .. & i need to be there in the hall with him .. cannot leave him alone anymore .. He is trying to jump down from the side of the sofa (with his head down) ... *faint*

sinmey - thats good! looks like shay have already overcome that 1st 6mths 'problem' his body have already adapt to e environment!

2k - kiefer not tall? but i see him come down from ur bed damn steady lor! haha.

smiggleprincess - i used elsie's kitchen. most of my guest say their food is nice. not too salty or overcooked. esp e bubur itam, they say its nicer then outside deserts store.

Airmez

I pm you some contacts later. You would need to check if they go to your area.

2ks

You know you uploaded the video of him coming down from the bed? Hb seen it and he's v impressed. He's now trying our boy to do the same.

Sinmey

Shay is an energizer bunny eh? Im always amused with the cheeky photos of him in fb :p

sinmey: wah lau eh... jump with head down. Maybe my boy falls many times and learn his lesson liao. He will suddenly 'zhan' brake, and rotate himself before falling with butt 1st... hahaha..

Also he like to head-butt me whenever i move my face close to him. But after a few times of hard slamming his forehead to mine, he now will slowly agar agar knock my forehead 意思 意思 nia...

won_mummy: ya, he is not tall, short legs he had...but he very terror la..got chance i take him climbing up the bed..

mimimo: ya! that one i was stunned also..cos he actually started coming down the bed himself when he was 11 months old, didnt get a chance to video it down..

now i think his next target is climbing up the bed and sofa..terror la..

kyler last time not like that lor, dont have itchy hands and legs

won mummy

yup, used elsie kitchen before in company..

am catergin for thai buffet, thats why headache, noot sure which is nice and within budget..

hello airmez

my boy is the same as yours..

loves to kok forehead against forehead..

but his head is shaped lopsided, dunno how to salvage...

simggleprincess: thai food i know, cos my hub is 1/4 thai..

u can try diandin leluk, i ordered that during my bb full month, everyone said its nice.

i order thai red ruby as dessert, and they come with shaved ice in a cooler box.

Hi smiggleprincess! Yup, the back of my boy's head is also flat, not swee swee round round type. Also dunno how to mould it round. Sigh, can imagine him cursing when he has to cut botak during NS. :p

regarding the shape of head, kyler also head not very nice and round one...

but kiefer one is nice and round..

i think last time when he newborn never take care properly..

So does the old folks theory of "use yaolan = nice round head" still stands? :p

How to grow side burn huh? I wanna make my boy stylish like my idol Takeshi!

airmez: when NB, never let them sleep on one side for long, have to change sides, then when bathing, always like "soh" the head...

that is what i did for kiefer la, last time kyler time still newbie mah...

yup, kiefer sleeps on cot since NB time, no yao lan

2Ks: Orrhhh.... ve to change sides ah. I can still remembered I always creep my way around the room, sibei scare wake my boy up since NB.. sibei gian some rest. We always cringe when we saw bb fidgeting, alamak.... wat parents we are... hahahaha!!

Mimimo,

yea, double energizer bunny ... hyper lor .. he can run n run n run now. That is his latest favorite activity. Run, catching, and hide/seek ... he is learning to 'jump' now .. but both leg still on the floor .. haha.

From the bed/sofa, if me/hb there, he will tend to free fall any direction de .. so dangerous .. but smart him when we not there, he knows to leg kick kick down (that is what i always told him). Must kick kick the leg & butt down 1st...

But, he saw his sis jumping down from the bed, he also wan to try .. ping, i already warn my girl not to do that coz Shay is too young to copy this .. Some more she trying to 'teach' the brother later when he bigger boy then only can jump like her .. *faint* ..

Airmez,

yes, gotta change side every now & then .. & i noticed Shay has nicer head shape too .. and he love to sleep like frog(butt up) .. maybe this helps for nicer head shape too ? But have to watch la .. no pillow/cloth in the cot.

2Ks

thanks!

will check it out..

head shape

My #1 is extreme premature and lies on hospital bed for 5mths. His headshape is super round and nice still..

whereas #2 is so flat, nvr mind, stil slanted also.. i don dare to cut his hair if not very obvious..

smiggleprincess,

wow, in hospital for 5 mths, @_@. It must be a very tough time for you. Nvr mind, at least he is healthy & growing well now ..

Hi mummies, I need advice.

My girl just turned 1yo 1+wk ago. Planning to bring her for mmr jab. But contemplating if I shd do mmrv (inclu chickenpox vacc) instead. Coz I heard some said better to separate. But I tot do tgt then juz suffer once.

Also, Wat r the things to note after jab n prepare before the jab??

sinmey,

hi, yes..

extremely tough pregnancy..

but happy that he is better now..

Joc

There is no rush in MMR..

some prefer to wait.. My #1 took it at 1.5yrs old.. That time there was the discussion on its side effect whether it cuased autism anot..

but not sure whats e conclusion..

just cater from diandin leluk..

so happy.. cant wait to try their food this sunday..

ST: thanks!

I saw the new Enfagrow today. It's higher DHA content than the old formula. But the price have not increase yet. Still $62.10. Maybe I should stock up on the new formula? Lolzz

Joc,

My #1 took MMRV & he was ok. The study that claimed that it caused autism was subsequently found to be flawed, so the conclusion is that MMR doesn't cause autism.

ST: Dr Koey was Jayden's assigned PD when he was born. Only went to him one time as the location is too far for mi. Reviews about him are not bad and his clinic is quite pack. But I find him a bit too soft spoken. You need to have questions to ask him or else he will not bring up other issues. I only see him during the hospital stay and one time after discharge, so my comment might not be very reflective.

Back