(2011/03) Mar 2011

Dear Mummies,

I have:

1) An almost brand new My Brest Friend pillow for sale @ $70.

Used only a few times.

2) Preloved Philip Avent Dual Electric breast pump selling for

$250. Used for 1 month. Still have 6 months warranty. Its an

U.S. set.

Both items self collection @ Tiong Bahru.

If interested, pls call 81828574. Thanks

milktea - tks. i think i will go w e email u send de. cos i just need e pillow case. prefer simple design n want e name on it...hehehe...

omg so many brands on shampoo, detergent..etc brands. that day at motherhood fair, i bought all e pigeon brand to enjoy free shampoo n shower...lol...cos i saw its cheaper than outside. n save trouble. no more chance to backout le. hope all pigeon's product works for my bb.

bbrabit..dun have additional discount..stil same discount price...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

prestorabb, i every time go mothercare..sure will see something to buy leh....esp those on 30% plus 10%...

AUDREy- yes base on size for pupsik..

MILKTEA- i oni interested in the Mini pillow niah and with name on it loh..can PM mi the new pricing for the pillow?....

and for cots, my hubby got friends who are going to give cots but hor i prefer bb to have new cot leh..dont kw will lok old or wat and oso need to chaneg mattress..so jus get everytin new beta loh.... tins to buy got so many:cots, pureen, desitin, lansinoh milkbags, thermometer... all havnt order yet..tsktsk...

2Ks, the kiap armpit one can go to any department store buy huh?

pigeon brand for newborn..so loks like braun nt so gd for newborn..

RACH- i drop you PM again..

jaime - mothercare indeed has many cute clothes to buy.. but always 舍不得... then after pondering very long which size to buy, i give up. But its ok.. women always like to enter a shop many times and yet to get their items..but will buy eventually one day. Hubbies always dun understand the way women shop.. hoho.

Starfruit - the mini pillow is $16 (before discount) for the designs shown on the web. But u can choose other fabric and customise yourself as well. Not sure how much it is for the additional name sewn. Let us ask.

starfruit: erm...not said braun not good for newborn. but nurse at hospital ever told me, cos infant ears not properly develop yet, the braun thermometer might be too big to detect the temperature...

thats why they always advised to use those small digital put at armpit kind..

and i also noticed when i use the braun type, its not accurate, cos both ears diff temp....so to rest my mind, i double confirm with those small digital type...take awhile la..but at least i know that one sure accurate

Babybride

I dun really fancy the spicy taste of the DOM, so I dun use for cooking. But I'll use rice wine or Wincarnis for cooking. I like Wincarnis cos it doesn't give you the alcohol taste. It's also another form of Tonic wine.

Some mummies who couldn't get rice wine will use Wincarnis, which is much cheaper den Dom and Martel also. Even my filipino maid tells me that they uses Wincarnis for cooking during their confinement.

sure PrestoRabb- check and let mi kw ya w name on the pillow hor..thks..hehe

2Ks- i tin it true,, I saw the Braun lik a bit big for bb ears leh..so jus go to any department store to get the kiap armpit one- roughly about how much?thks

Pixie - the unity thermometer, what brand is that? getting 1 for standby.. but cant decide between braun or the unity de.. both is use on ears? any advise?

Whoa.. mummies! so many brand and each mummy has diff preference.. guess will just buy the few common brands you all mentioned.. now diligently jotting down the various brands you all mentioned.. heehee..

talking about wipes - pigeon non-scented one is it better than other brands? saw the tollyjoy de in bottle type and hb said get that cos easier to draw the wipes out..

For the bottle cleanser - the pureen brand one can get from where? i always see the pigeon de, but never come across pureen leh.. johnlittle/robinson/kiddy palace got sell? or normal supermarket have liao?

For bb detergent - are all the bb brands like Pureen/Pigeon/Kodomo gentle enough? btw, can add dettol when washing the clothes for 1st time? or not advisable?

thanks and regards!

bbrabit

do u know u can create a gift reigstery with mothercare.that day i was paying at mother care..i saw a lady ask for so n so gift registry to purcahse the items which hasnt been purchased..

quite cool idea.but thinks more of an ang moh culture of having gift registry than asian..guess asian is mroe thick face bah.

maybe u wanted try that for ur circle of fren [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starfruit - seller replied.. its additional cost of $7, with the sewn name.

milktea - my fren replied.. indeed she bought the same pillow for her newborn. But she said the mini pillow like too small for the bb, sometimes will drop away.. she suggested the normal pillow. Hmm...

Jaime- I know. Not just for mothercare, v common in state as well as AU. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Even for wedding gift

Prestorabb, thks for checking.

I thinking of getting her to do the bolster length but pillow shape to put on bb body.

Then do a similat pillow casing to put at bb head.

bb head pillow, I only want the casing, dun wan to do beansprout.

But I want the fabric all same, like one whole set mah.

Haven check with her price but just get it since she is giving 10% discount.

Kiddypalace sales, if there's any update hor!! Lol. am leaving office for the day loh! Bye~

starfruit: the kiap armpit one think quite cheap..should be around $10 or so...can buy when they have 20%...nowadays always 20% everywhere..

allets: u have to try out diff brands yourself then u will know which one you prefer, likewise everyone have different taste ma...i think smell nice, but maybe u think smell smelly..LOL

i never use dettol to wash my bb clothes...its too strong..their skin very sensitive u know...

Milktea - wah.. u have so many requirements... I'm confused.. haha.

I'm wondering how much is her normal size pillow.. am checking with her the individual prices. Cos the prices which she posted on her link are more in "sets".

starfruit - abt e kiap armpit de, pigeon has 1 which e head is soft de, i bought it during e motherhood fair abt $5+ if i din remember wrongly. saw outside selling abt $8+ only.

wah just few hours and the posts are ROLLING!

2ks

yes, its the "cheapest" price. unless you very free to go KKH lar, the pureen shop sells them like 2 for $11. meaning per bottle is $5.50. cheaper by 50cents lah.

i heart the orange flavour!

allets

the brand is called terumo. its a jap brand (which i trust), and its for BABIES. so if i use, its "loose" on my ears. u get what i mean? coz they made the tip in small shape to fit a baby/toddler/children's ears

they come in many models and colours. basically all are the same. its a 1 second scan. just wait for the rabbit to appear on the screen to initialize

so now my boy say "wait for rabbit!" if i need to scan his temp. very child friendly lar

i dun get braun coz its bulky AND more expensive....terumo costs ard 80? i forgot the exact price...ard there bah

about detergent:

i can say, if you use kodomo liquid detergent, then it wont wash off stains totally.

for tough stains & soiled nappies, i would recommend ABD or napisan - meaning powder type detergent. soak them in a shallow pail, wash them up end of the day, you sometimes dont even need to SCRUB coz the powder detergent oredi washed off the sai sai. its cheap somemore. kiddy palace sells 5.95 for a big box can use for perhaps 3mths? after that rinse with kodomo softener...

nowadays if i machine wash my #1 clothes, i pour in 1 scoop of ABD powder + kodomo liquid detergent + kodomo softener

actually no need to be confused with so many variety of brands for each kind of stuff. after a while you experiment liao you sure settle into a comfortable routine of what you like to use for your precious child

sorry allets, missed your qn

pureen cleanser can get from major departmental stores like metro, JL etc. but its more ex than kiddy palace. kiddy palace is the cheapest at 5.95 (aka $6)...

metro sells them at $8....

if you prefer less soapy n soap suds kind - then get pigeon

if you prefer more like mama lemon kind (thick and soapy) - then get pureen

but when i use pigeon etc (less soapy) to wash my pump parts, always cannot remove milk fats completely. thats why i switched to pureen. a little bit goes a long way.

Mummies, anyone goin Robinson sale tomolo morning? Can help mi check out e items in e avent sterilizer bundle? Can tell mi wats in e bundle? Wat kind of bottles caz avent got 2 different kind of bottles.. I hav prenatal class after work so if it's a good deal I wil rush down buy after my prenatal class..

Also any mummies know if nuk teats can fit into avent bottles? Caz earlier posts mummies here say avent bottles no good? So thinkg of using nuk but since bundle comes w avent bottles so tot of using e bottles but changing e teats

Hi Mummies, I just lugged home a comforter set from Aussino! Not bad! $42++ for the whole set, very nice. Now got sale, buy 1 regular price item 20%, 2 items 30%, 3 items 40%.

I bought a body pillow for sleeping, very cheap! U guys shld go and check it out! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw, spotlight got sale starting tml, 50% off entire christmas range.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hey I saw somewhere someone looking for massage lady right? I got one, $50/session only. The best is Mdm Ida, but she's fully booked for march. She recommends her cousin or her sister. Same rates, they work in a team.

U can contact Mdm Ida and ask her, her number is 94249829. There are 2 Mdm Ida's in online forums, this is the 'real' one. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies

Anyone else joining us this fri?

Need to exchange contact ma? Or we go straight to cedela n start looking out for a table full of preg women?

Rach- u joining us?

Meet up for Mummies

Time: Friday, 10 Dec 2.30pm

1. Allets

2. caecilia

3. limlim

4. pixiepixel

5. Tres

6. Pinkypink

7. liprecious & Jav (not confirmed yet)

8. hazel

Lilprecious, u cannot accept pm leh.. Is won mummy Or shirleyduck goin? They hav my Hp..else u wanna change yr profile to accept pm?

hi mommies & daddies

please do cast a vote for my little girl if you have a minute.

thank you so much for your kindest support

she is on page 1, Rice Lauren Xinru, 3 years old

to help vote please click here - http://www.lokimedia.com.my/gapcastingcall/

then choose "Singapore"

thank you once again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies,

just had my gynae visit, bb was 1.1kg supposed to be at 27 weeks plus plus but the measurements say that bb is now at 29 weeks. now gynae visit will be every 3 weeks instead. so far anyone had the blood sugar tested? my gynae hadn't ask me to go for that yet.

anyone signed up for cordlife?

i would like to check how much is your package.

i was quoted $3150 before gst for 10 yr plan.

milktea: u do urine test everytime at gynae right?

that is test for sugar level...

if not ok, then the gynae will ask u to test blood

so fast now yr check up change to 3 weekly...

Milkshake: i also doing to sign up for cordlife, but thru TMC, can get $450 off. I heard if a friend who has alrdy signed up refers u, u also can get discount. Then after which u have signed up and start to refer others, for every successful transaction you will get $50 voucher if im not wrong. For cordlife also got the different storage ways, 3 diff ways. Which one u taking?

bbrabit...i didnt know ppl practise this in this part of world only...ya in states its very common

dun know leh..i very thin skin..dont dare to set up this kind of registry and let ppl know etc lor

2Ks, yup, I did the urine test every time.

I guess maybe beacause I am entering into 3rd trimester, so the check-up will be more frequent.

BBRabbit,

So cheap?? Howcome the sales quote me over 5k for 21 year plan!!!! so much different? somemore i need to confirm by this week to securite this price, somemore she say already promotion.

mine is under Cordlife, if you dun mind, can you pls PM me your sales pic.

Belinda,

got so many diff ways meh? I dunno leh, she never mentioned all this to me leh.

milkshake- my 2k plus onli 50% cash payment, the remaining 2k plus come from CDA. Sorry for the confusion.

Belinda- I tot onlyu 2 type, sepax and non sepaz.

Jaime- Me rather up front tell my frens/relative what i want/need. Best give red pkt or voucher. HAHAHA

For those interested in the Beansprout Pillow we talked about earlier, here are the individual prices, other than the set prices listed on the seller's webby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

- Mini Beansprout Pillow - $16(13cm x 25cm)

- Extra cover for mini pillow - $7

- Normal Beansprout Pillow - $19(16cm x 30cm)

- Extra pillow cover - $9

- Bolster - $25(16cm x 48cm)

- Extra bolster cover- $15

- Additional Name - $7

milkshake: Yes, there are 3 ways to store the cord. The amt quoted is storing it the normal way but becox it doesnt go thru their 2nd type: special processing (which u have to pay a 1 time fee of abt $280+), the extraction percentage is significantly lower. However, the lady did mention that starting from I think next year, any new sign ups will be required to take the 2nd storage way(Sepax).

BB Rabit: U signed up during the fair ah? We calculated, signing up during the fair, think abt $50 cheaper or same price as signing up with TMC, only diff is they give u 1 pair of free watches or free pampers if I didn't remember wrongly. Oh got 3, Manual Open System tubes, Manual Closed System Triple Bag and the Automated Closed System Sepax. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back