(2011/01) Jan 2011

hi mummies,

sorry to interrupt, i hv 8 bottles of GNC Fenugreek for sale, brand new still sealed. 100 tablets per bottle.

Fenugreek is a herb used to increase milk supply. It can be taken once you have given birth.

Retail price: $29.50 per bottle

I'm selling at $20 per bottle. Price negotiable if you are buying more.

Pls pm me if you are interested. Thanks!

Hi mummies,

I am only seeing pd when baby is 6weeks old as instructed by pd.. Is It too late to take the hep b 2nd dose by than? Baby is now 5 weeks and 4 days old..

Pinky, I think 6 wks shd be about the right time bb takes the hep b jab, as advised by my doc. It's just a matter of whether u wish to take the hep b first followed by 5 in 1 later, or just take the 6 in 1 jab that includes the hep b at that point in time.

Mummies who r at or past 4 wks into new motherhood, just curious to know, how much bm can u express out at one pumping? Just wanna know if I'm expressing avg amt or less than that. My ss always can't meet bb's dd, so sad.

Also, r u still having menses 4 wks after delivery? I'm still experiencing that, and it seems like it's gonna continue past 4 wks. Is this normal?

What does the 5in1 includes? Is it written in the health booklet?

Yotsuba.. Currently, I expressing every 4 hours.. On average I get between 60 to 120ml depending on which pump of the day and whether I had rest as well..

My lochia kinda stopping alr after 5 weeks but I did c-sect.. So could differ.. Now I just need to use a panty liner to prevent staining...

Pinky, I have the brochure, though I didn't read in detail what some of these vaccines are. The 5 in 1 includes vaccine against:

- Diphtheria

- Tetanus

- Pertussis (Whooping cough)

- Polio

- Haemophilus influenzae

If it's the 6 in 1, it also includes the Hep B vaccine.

Hi mummies, I know I'm late but been busy in updating. O hv given birth to my boy on 4 Jan.

Hope every mummy is doing well. Thou this is my 2nd one, I'm still trying hard to cope [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yotsuba

i'm like Pinky. pump every 4 hr. got an average of 60-120. not enuf to meet baby demand. so what happen is that i'll give 1 feed of FM follow by 1 feed of BM as he eat every 2hr.

i'm using panty liner also. very lite amt at times. i deliver a few days after Pinky, stay in the ward next to her. also stop at 5th week.

how much to formula to feed:

1. convert your baby's weight (kg) to pound by multiplyin 2.2

2. using bb weight in pound, multiply 2.5.

this will give you the TOTAL AMOUNT of feed your bb shld get PER DAY

3. divide the total amt to the number of feeds your baby need to know how much he needs per feed.

E.g:

my baby's weight: 6kg

feed at 2hr interval: 24hr/2hr = 12 feed per day

convert weight kg to pound:

6kg x 2.2 = 13.2 pound

total amt of feed require per day:

13.2 x 2.5 = 33 ounces

amt to give per feed:

33 / 12 = 2.75 ounce

* 1 ounce = 30ml

* 1kg = 2.2 pound

hope this will help w figuring out how much FM/EBM to give.

Yotsuba - i try to express every 2.5 - 3 hrs when i awake, and wake up every 3 hrs at nite. Each time i get bet 95ml - 120ml. So on a daily basis abt 700ml. I have enuf to meet my gal's demand.

thanks Chabby for the info [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

any mummies here let their babies sleep facing down?

Mummies, help! I just discovered 2 small lumps at the corner of my nipple (the raisin part), and it hurts like hell. Is this what they call blocked milk duct? The lump is actually not at the breast area, but at the nipple, and it's quite tiny, but hurts a lot esp when touched even gently. Anybody knows wat's happening???

Mummies,

For the cda account opening, I just need to fill up both forms, get the bank to verify and send both out in the registered envelop right? I'm taking my own sweet time to settle it.. Lol..

Lily.. I did let baby sleep face down a few times in the day.. But I still prefer sleeping on his back or on his sides.. Heh..

Yotsuba,

I had tt 3 weeks back!! Mine was at the top tip of the nipple. Really sensitive to the touch!!! I kept letting my baby suckle ( His mouth shd cover the whole aerola so didn't really hurt when he sucked) and after the feed I will express a bit of milk on the nipple and air dry it a couple of times. Think it went away in 2 days.

hi,

salute to all who still bf/ebm, I so feel like giving up, every morning have to wake up early to express the milk, listening to the sound of the pump makes me feel so dread....

I only pump 3 times/100ml daily. could pump more if i really sit there and let the machine suck for 1/2hr, I only pump for 15mins and stop.

Now my baby cant latch on anymore, as he always make a mess all over his face and gets angry.

For c sec moms, does your lower tummy feel sore (sometimes needle pain, sometime paper cut pain) sometimes? I still sleeps on my back if I tried to sleep side way could feel the whole lump of inside falling side ways too. and every time i get up from bed, this whole lump inside will fall to lower tummy and it hurts (not the extreme type).

doc wants me to start sit up after 1 month, he worry my tummy wont be back in shape, as tummy had stretch too much. if I start the massage now is it too late?

Hopefully, i went thru csec also n it's bern 5 weeks areadi. Wound no longer hurts but i still hav a weird feeling there. I dun dare to laugh too hard n when i sneeze or cough, i will hold on to my wound area, scared tat e wound will open up :b

Do u hav abdominal binder or cinch wrap? U shld wrap ur tummy when u sleep den u wont feel ur tummy flip ard. It also helps to hold ur tummy in place n prevent it from pressing onto ur wound. My gynae say i must wrap for at least 2 mths.

I juz started massage on mon. Completed 4 sessions areadi n i can feel my tummy getting smaller. Esp e part tat's rite above e wound, dun feel my tummy pressing on e wound now. U can start ur massage 1 mth after csec.

Lily - think it is quite dangerous to let bb sleep face down, unless u are there all the time to monitor bb. My CL says she will never let bb sleep face down, even tho bb sleep better this way, cos got chance of suffocation. Recently in the news also got 1 bb died cos sleeping face down while at nanny's place.

Mittens n booties:

Hi mummies, when shld we stop letting our babies wear mittens n booties? I'm still letting my 5-week old baby wear them cos his hands n feet feel cold. But i read tat we shld stop soon so tat baby can develop his motor skills. When shld i stop?

Sleeping sideways n on tummy:

I put my boy on his tummy for e 1st time last nite. He din cry n even let out a loud burp. He also tried to lift his head n kept it there for a while. Any mummies let ur baby sleep on tummy?

I also tried letting him sleep on his side but he din like it. I used a pillow to support his back to prevent him from turning back n also gave him bolster to hug, but he dunno how to hug e bolster. Can someone teach me e correct way to do dis? Thanks!

Hi Mummies

Any of your bbs when sleeping or drinking milk makes a lot of noise? MIne while drinking milk like a lot of throat noise like phelgm in the throat like that... then while sleeping keeps stretching and stretching ... mine bb dun like to be swaddle.. she will struggle till she puke once she is being swaddle...

Mitch,

same here, my baby stretch and stretch when sleeping. Still got alot of sound effects one, ee ee oor oor all the way. Can last for 45mins like tt before he wakes up. Haiyoh.

haha chelleybaby so mine is not some weirdo lah ... haha she drink milk also like that my hubby says she sounded like monster ...

LZZ - my gal is opp from yours, like to sleep on her sides, now the sides of her head a bit flat. Trying to get her to sleep on her back, but also not very safe to do this after she drinks in case she vomits while sleeping then may choke. Cannot sleep on tummy also wait suffocate. Sigh... very mafan hor.

spuntnik : my gal is 5 weeks old... stopped swaddle when she is abt 3 weeks old.. i use a beannie bag to put over her tummy instead

Lzz

who u engaged for massage I think of getting another few session since my tummy still bulging and uterus not push up yet

thanks Sputnik I will let her sleep side ways then

Hi Mitch Sputnik

my gal also make lots of noise and will stretch and stretch and strength quite big too drinking milk also very noisy Esp of we delay she is like complaining non stop and make angry noise till face red red

I also stopped swaddling my bb since 3 wk old. She hated being swaddled and always struggle to get out. Endup not sleeping properly.

I let her sleep on her tummy sometimes during the day. But I sit there and watch over her. Other times she sleeps on her sides.

hi mummies, how do you get ur baby to sleep more than an hr?

mine can sleep more than an hr when she's in the stroller/in my arms/traveling in the car, while we go jalan outside, but once back home, she can hardly sleep more than an hr (at times only 15 mins) before she starts crying again.

I've rolled down the blind, on soft soothing music, on the air-con, swaddled, beanie, but nothing seems to work. i'm going to raise white flag liao.

Hi mummies, my boy also make alot of noise n stretch alot when drinking milk until sometimes i hav to swaddle him v tight in order to continue feeding him. Otherwise he will puke cos he move v vigorously. Even more jialat when he's v hungry. My mum say babies stretch is good, means they r growing.

My boy also dun like to b swaddled but if i dun swaddle him, he cant sleep peacefully even if i put beanbag across his chest. V tough job getting him to sleep each time -_-'''

Sputnik, i was tinking to let my boy sleep on his side cos e left side of his head abit flat liao. I let him sleep on his back den he will turn his head to e left. If i move his head to e rite, he will struggle struggle n end up sleeping on his left again. Headache...

Lily, i booked e 7-day pkg from origins jamu massage in end 2010. They hav new promotions now. E therapist assigned to me not bad, qt punctual n experienced.

Whisp, my baby also like urs. I can spend 15 - 30 mins to put him to sleep den he will wake up 5 mins later juz when i tot he's in deep sleep. Den i hav to pacify him again, v tirong process. He like us to carry n swing him to sleep, jialat.

Lzz : I know wat it meant ... Mine too when she was new born up to 3 weeks old aft milk feeds she will sleep on her own in the cot now need to carry till deep sleep then we put her in the cot and worst sometimes the moment she landed in the cot her eyes went wide open then she wana suckle on the breast for comfort again.

The strange thing is I have read Bb before age of 6 mths can't be spoiled but I really doubt so ... Previously carrying my girl aft feeds cos scared she vomit aft I put her now... Now seems like a routine Liao haiz ...

When she is out and awake refused to sit n the stroller.. Mummies any method to keep them in the stroller even when they r awake?

hi mummies!!!

im a March 2011 MTB, would love to get some advise frm u all regarding confinement.

1) During confinement, what breakfast do u all take?

2) Im gonna breastfeed, what food shld i avoid to prevent decrease in milk supply & wat to take to increase supply?

Im 1st time mummy n will be doing it on my own. Hope mummies can help. Thanx alot

Hi mommies

My boy also makes alot of noise and stretch alot during drinking milk and before he goes to sleep.

Quite often, his face will go red and he will pull his two legs up to his abdomen. I believe this is due to the wind in his tummy as I could hear him fart a few times when he does that.

I will apply some Ru Yi oil and massage his tummy after almost every feed. Also, will do cycling exercise for him to help digestion.

I did have two vomiting milk episodes due to reflux cos I didn't burp him properly.

Try to use your hand to press against his chest when burping, it helps to push the gas up to his mouth.

For the red spots on the face which are milk rashes, I have used calendula cream and Avent magic cream both work great [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Regarding feeding schedule, he usually wakes up every 3-4 hourly for his feed. Nowadays, he sleeps longer at night about 5 hours. Try not to let your baby sleep too much during the day, else it's dificult to get him to sleep at night

wow elekos, your boy's sleeping schedule very good! =D wish my ger also can sleep for 5 hour stretches at night!!!

how old is he and how much are you feeding him?

Hi mummies, my bb also likes to stretch his arms and legs. If swaddle him, he will try very hard to wiggle his arms out of the swaddle. If he can't, he will get angry & scream & cry. Haiz..... I sleep in aircon rm. If I dun swaddle him, I scare he'll catch a cold. The right side of bb head is very flat frm birth (think was due to e vacuum), so everyday I would rub his head n pull his right ear outwards.

Hi TeddyBear,

I also did my confinement without CL (only FIL and my mummy cook my lunch and dinner). Jiayou ok? Its really not easy but the good thing is you will definitely bond with ur bb cos u spend all day staring at her/him and no one else to share the affection of your little one...

Bfast: I had oatmeal cereal (plus milo) and bread with butter for bfast most of the day. Some days i will have chee cheong fun with lots of zhi ma (cannot eat mee hoon as it will produce a lot of gas)

As long as u latch on demand of your bb for long enough and often enough, you will have enough supply one la.. Jiayou! My massage lady also teach me to drink more milo and milk to help with supply.. Most importantly you must be sufficiently hydrated and well rested...

RE bb stretching:

my bb also stretch a LOT! like Ye Wen like that... even in her sleep super cute.. my mom says it must be a tiger bb thingy,.. she also very fierce when she is hungry... waving her hands frantically and kicking (v powerful) everywhere.. (usually her kicks will end up around my csec wound there) -_-'" so i also resort to swaddling her for her feed.. she will struggle out of the swaddle (even e velcro kind) in 15 mins but its sufficient to calm her down cos she got a bit of milk in her tummy liaoz...

Wonder any other bb also sleep well in the day (2-3 hours stretch) and REFUSE to be put in cot ALL night? my husband keep telling me i cannot spoil market by carrying her to zzz in the day cos like that she will want to be carried to zz at night too... but i Did not ley.. i put her in her cot after her meal she guai guai zzz throughout the day... like a little angel...

noisy baby,

mine makes the phlegm-like sound when drinking from a bottle. when latching she is relatively quiet.can't figure out what the difference is...

and she starts screaming very soon after she wakes for milk and doesn't get it. sigh. face turns red and she will yell the place down like I haven't fed her for a full day, even if the last feed was an hr ago.

constant/cluster feeding,

my bb is still doing this, needing to drink milk almost continuously as long as she is awake. can be for two 4hr stretches in one day, afternn and night. When will this end? shd I introduce the pacifier to prevent her from overeating?

mitch,

I read the same thing as u! that bb cant be spoiled till later. did you read that in the baby whisperer? really doesnt seem to be true at all. when mine is awake she doesnt really lie there entertaining herself anymore. Someone has to talk to her, carry her etc. And we've never carried her for long periods of time, so she somehow learned this behaviour. Maybe it's from the long burping sessions.

teddybear,

I'm no expert, but some of us have shared that dang gui (ladies, did I remember that correctly?) is to be avoided as it can reduce milk ss. And frequent latching or pumping in the early days to stimulate ss. I'm still struggling with my own milk ss but fenugreek pills from GNC have helped. Hope this helps.

hi nimkulut & luckymummy11

ok noted. i really appreciate u all for the advise [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanx alot.

iicicle : I also sleep in Aircon rm. I adjusted the temp to 24 degree then I dress my girl in jump suit that covers all the hands and legs .. Plus a thin blanket for her [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so far she's been sleeping well at nite ...

hi teddybear,

similar to Nimkulut, i've done confinement on my own too. nobody is going to say it's easy, but as what Nimkulut's mentioned baby will bond with u more than anyone else. the occasional smile from baby will definitely melt all your tiredness away. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

juz went for my follow-up checkup with my gynae, who mentioned that consuming fish can help boost the milk supply. if u r delivering in TMC, you can order and pack their signature papaya fish soup for consumption at home after your stay in the hospital (save you from doing the actual cooking). for someone who's afraid of fishy smell, i really like their signature soup.

hi Nimkulut,

u mentioned that beehoon will cause gas, to the baby or mummy? i've been eating coffee shop fried bee hoon as a quick lunch, while taking care of baby. could that be the reason why my baby is suffering from gas.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi whisp

yes I'm really lookin forward to the bonding with bb. Some of my fren told me they feel jealous when their bb r so closed go the CL.

I will be going to Mt.A. But u mean TMC provide the soup for mummy to bring home even after we discharge?

hi mummies, anyone encountered their BB always poo during feeds? sometimes can hear his stomach growling like LS and he poops out. He poos like 5 - 8 times a day, and poos mainly during feeding. Will this affect his appetite when feeding him?

I'm trying to switch to total BM, but everytime after feeding, he seems to be still hungry leh =( very tiring to nurse and nurse like non-stop..

Hi Gina,

My little gal also like to pang sai during feed... actually it better for bb to pang sai frequently than having constipation... cos my fren's bb drink fm have constipation... even have blood in stool lo...

=D so jiayou okok?

Yep feeding total BM is more hungry...

teddybear

it's best you get someone to come help you for the first few weeks. for example, ur mum or mil to come and bath the baby. give 1-2 feed so u can rest/sleep for a few hours straight. order the confinement meal. this will help to reduce the amount of things u need to do while u recover from delivery.

my baby is very colicky.

can mummies share some ways to help relieve wind besides the below:

1. gripe water

2. burping

3. cycling exercise

4. rubbing ru yi oil on tummy and feet

5. rub lotion on tummy in clockwise direction

blocked duct

my left breast keep having a blocked duct despite applying pressure and warm towel. already suffering from bruise from the pressure but still dun solve the problem. HELP!! i dun wan to see doctor to be on medication as i won't be able to BF if that happens.

Chabby,

I have block ducts too. I went to kk to see the lactation consultant to ler her massage, it was a painful experience but it did help to soften the breast n clear some blocked ducts. After that, before every pumping or feeding, have to do the proper routine massage lo...bf is really tiring!! I was on antibiotics due to blocked ducts but i can continue breastfeeding. Doc said the antibiotics is safe for bf. Fyi.

Bb is going to full month in 2 days time. Not going to throw a party. Too rush as has been troubling with health n bf problems...But, Today my bb hair was shaved off...he looks so cute with botak head... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] will be getting his dai mao bi in 2 months time ... :p

Are All first time mummies throwing Full month party for ur precious?

Chabby, my massage lady say massagng baby's calf can reduce colic. Use ur index n 3rd finger, rub baby's lower calf from top to ankle 5 times. Apply abit of pressure when u massage, can use baby oil also. Repeat on e other calf, also 5 times. Den do cycling exercise 10 times. I tried on my boy when he's cranky. When i do it, he seems to calm down. U can do dis everytime u change diaper. I also noticed tat my boy pass motion easier nowadays when i start dis massage.

Mummies, i did jamu massage, it helped to reduce my tummy but there's still some bulge. Hav ur tummies returned to pre-pregnancy size? Any tips on how to reduce tummy n hip area? I still cant wear my jeans n shorts n hav to wear my hubby's shorts instead when at home. I also hav to wear my binder everytime i go out, otherwise i'll look like i'm still pregnant. I really hope to return back to my pre-pregnancy figure soon...

Hi Teddybear,

TMC provides the papaya fish soup as part of their daily meal. But one of the nurses told me that we can place order for the soup from their cafeteria for bringing back home (@ own cost). [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

puix and LZZ

thank you so much for the info. guess it time to call the lactation consultant to come down.

i do the cycling exercise on my baby and rub his tummy in clockwise direction. didn't know about the calf. will try it later in a while.

thank you once again.

Back