(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

lingo> ya lor.. Pregnancy is not as easy as I think.. I thought being pregnant = no menstruation = no pain.. But actually it's like having your menstruation everyday.. :S

During my first trimester, when I'm starting to have the morning sickness & bad heartburn, I'm starting to regret why I want baby so early.. The baby in my tummy is like a burden that I need to carry everyday..

Especially since I can't eat food that I like, every food that I eat causes me a bad heartburn.. I'm usually very picky on the food I eat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].

Reading food blogs and watching Cooking/ eating show on TV that I like so much before my pregnancy makes me want to puke [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. I can't even go shopping becoz I feel very tired when walking.

But after my 16 weeks, it's like my energy all back. My tummy doesn't feel as heavy as before. I don't puke anymore. And I can read food blogs & watch TV without making me want to puke. hehehe..

I think I'm used to the baby already, and feels happy when I feel the baby movement. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lilbluey

I dunno le, but tts wat I was always told n looking at my friends n cuzzies tt had all boys... All pointed lor! Lol

mine so low n tummy resting on my thighs if I'm sitting dwn! Wahahaha....

Starry

old wives tales dun work on us..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Woofwoof

I only met few scorpions n they are quite strong headed n emotional ! Correct mr if I'm wrong...

My Edd still stays at 10 oct so think mine gonna be libran!

im in 22week only, cant stand for too long, if not i feel the backache/spine pain and pain under the breast esp when im eaten..

jac: haha.. thanks.. actually i took it this morning after i apply the clarins oil.. so looks kinda smooth.. i think my tummy fits the old wive's tale of round and high. alot of experienced aunties told me likely a girl just by looking at my tum. and how true..

princess d: i was oso sceptical abt having a kid soon after my wedding.. but like groovy, my hubby is oso more keen to start a family earlier so that we will not be too stressed out or tired out taking care of the kids in future..

my fren's hubby vy funny.. my fren and him got married dec last year and are now open to having kids cos the hubby will be 34 this year and is worried about not being able to see his GREAT-grand children. hahahaha! always use this to psycho my fren..

Jac, Pearlyn, Princess D

Both Jac and Pearlyn's tum tum size now are like my tum tum 2mths ago!

I also dont think the old wives tales are accurate. like Princess D mine is also pointed and all ah soh insist its a boy and gonna due soon! ;p~ wahahahaha

lingo,

i am currently 21wk4d. feeling heavy..

woof,

personally i don't believe much in horoscopes so nv thought to plan which mth baby, what star sign etc. do u have a preference?

lilbluey,

do you wear a lot of loose clothings? maybe that's why tummy not very visible.

irish,

like urs 2 mths ago leh! no wonder the ah sohs thought u gonna due liao. hahaha!! big is good, 'cos ppl will be extra careful ard u and give way to u. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pearlyn

my HB n I was enjoying our honeymoon period then he suddenly had the interest of making a bb lor.. Lol

he was elated n of course I was shocked!!

Same goes to this pregnancy ! Wanted to rest for couple if months after weaning jade from bm... With almost immediate effect i got pregnant the following week I stop bfg!!

Haaa.... He loves kids...n just like your friends... He wan to be a grandpa lor!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fifi, My Hb driving main small road la, got someone coming out fr thé side road, shld stop n Check before go, did not Check n hit Hb car on his right. Hère left hand driving, luckily i or No one sitting on thé right.

But thé Guy insist Hb too slow or wat i cant rem n Dun wan to be at fault n wan to claim still.... We got take pic of thé accident site with stop fr where hé is coming out...

Thé whole repair for us Côme up to 3k euro leh.....

Groovy ...

Wow you oso v young mummy ... good lar yap I totally understand how you feel abt pregnancy cos mine is BAD ... non-stop puking and I have this rare condition of excessive salivaton in 1st tri ... so much saliva that I cant do anything except to spit them out. Didnt go to work for 2mths cos cant function at all.

And guess what ... this happened for all 3 pregnancies hahaha thats why I think I must be crazy to go thr it again and again and AGAIN

Anyway 2nd tri is usually the honeymoon period ... so lets enjoy it while we can heehee

Fifi ...

Yar same lar ... had my #1 right aft customary but #2 was a 3.5yr gap cos my preg was too tough hahaha luckily for me ... conceiving was relatively easy except that pregnancy sucks!! #3 was sort of unplanned ... cos we planned to have #3 but not so soon type but I am oso happy cos this means that I can close factory liao!!

Dun think anyone will ask me to go for #4 ba hahaha even my mum has raised white flag liao

Princess Dia ...

Actually I pity the bb that they have aborted cos they were already married ... if it this was done when they are still dating or too young ... I am actually more sympatheic towards them. If married liao then should just give birth cos bb is a gift and blessing ... guess by now they must have regretted big time for that decision.

I always tell my frens that no doubt that having the kids means that my career progression is much slower (def has affected my performance) but I will catch up lor however once I past the age of conceiving ... thats it ... I cant do anything to turn back the clock right *wink*

Nevermind when all of our kids grow up ... we will give ourselves a pat on the back for the great decision that we make now hahahaha

Motivating or not heehee

Jac, My tum tum is quite round... Hb keep touching My tum tum n say round tummy is a girl n can see at one glance is a girl. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

chinese Buffet hère abt €16 which is abt 30 sgd. Anyway mac meal hère cost abt €6.50 so still quite reasonable ba.

re: tummy shape

Not accurate one lar my MIL insisted that my #1 was a gal cos dunno what shape. Even aft the gynae cfm boy ... she can still say 'maybe scan wrongly cos the tummy shape is gal one'

Can faint right?!?

Starrymommy, u still wearing ur jeans again. Anyway ur tum tum is smooth n Nice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Apple, white coffee is ipoh coffee, e roasting method diff coffee come out not so dark + they add milk. I like it v creamy

woof, i could haf a libra or scorpio baby if she comes out slightly later. I haf no preference. A lot of my scorpio frens r nice ppl n v family oriented bt yes they can b a bit emo. I dun noe any libras. U guys noe wat libras r like?

Princess. Once u bcome a mother yr priority also change. U can sacrifice a lot of things for baby. I never undertood y ppl want to gif up career n bcome sahm, now can understand.

Pearlyn yr so slim!

My Hb is a scorpion, for me is libra but not sûre Will become thé other one which is ? I dunno... Virgo? I hope N wish n Want My gal To be born in oct this year. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

waaaaaaaaaaaaaah why is the thread so long!!! 2 pages to catch up liao!!! buay tahan!!!

ian! nice topic! really brought me back down to memory lane. esp. after a great mind blowing action and jelly legs last night..wow it just got better with time.. lol..

ok ok pak tor.. i only pak tor my hubby for 3 months before he popped the question on the phone! b'cos he's too shy to ask me directly! i didn't say immediately though, ask him to be a gentleman and meet my parents first. if they're ok with it then i'm ok with it. so like a true gentleman he is, he came to meet my parents and had a one-to-one interview with my dad. he so smart he bring satay along hahaha. after that we both got a stamp of approval and got engaged for 7 months before we got married. we're now blissfully, happily married for more than 7 years, had our first child after 3 yrs of marriage, second after 5 yrs of marriage and now #3, our first son is coming soon! it has been a great learning journey about life for both of us. we have gone through so much but we survived the 7-year itch and emerged even stronger. we're both fat and he's got a beer belly (but no he dun drink) but i am proud of my man i will flaunt him to the whole world because this man makes me happy and feel complete!

lingo,

don't be upset about wanting a boy and turn out a girl.. i been in your shoes twice over! hahaa but i never give up! the third time i got pregnant the only difference i did is to pray a lot! not just me, i got the whole family to pray for a boy for me too and they did! and oso i kiasu collect lots of boy baby dusts from this forum hahaha.. the other difference we did is end up with ermm.. doggy style.. kekeke b'cos based on my readings and interview, more pple conceived a boy this way. and i have an anteverted uterus so maybe this way, his soldiers can swim faster and reach ground zero sooner than before!

starrymommy and pearlyn,

wow you girls have cute cute tummy! but then again it's expected b'cos of your built. i'm the short and fat type and my tummy is round. however, minus the tummy, i don't look pregnant at all! no swelling nothing. my face don't swell too. a bit different compared to when i was pg with girls.

Groovy, on e whole i wouldnt say i enjoy my pregnancy too .1st tri v sick, 2nd tri still occasionally puke due to indigestion. Eat also sometimes gt prob. All this like culture shock to me I never knew it wld b so diff! I thot get preggy, puke a bit then stomach grow n grow until edd. Bt i seem to suffer every textbook symptoms. Now i dunno if i want to grt preggy so soon again like erm pls gimme a break. E only gd thing is i dun tink of dieting all e time

seabreeze,

well said! i think it's worth having kids now. let nature take it's course. for other matters, we can always catch up but for conception, it's always a gamble!

seems like there're quite a handful of kopi addicts here..haha~

i cant do w/o coffee for a day..need my daily fix at least once a day in the morning, otherwise i'll go crazy~ whole day cannot work liao.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Marrissa ...

Thats why I took a 2yr++ break bet my #1 and #2 hahaha had to rest and forget the 'shock'. But strangely for this #3 ... its the same ... puking + salivation and stuff ... seem to be more prepared this round. I told my hubby maybe I know its the LAST time liao heehee

Melissa ...

Yap ... alot of things beyond our control in life =p so do 1 thing at a time ba ... for now family comes first =)

Ian ...

My hubby oso ... he like uncle like that ... go lunch oso drink Kopi O. I am quite the opp ... coffee to me means Coffee Bean Ice Blended heehee

Pearlyn,

nice tum tum u have there.

Jac,

i also noticed that my tummy has grown quite a bit for the past few weeks. Liked suddenly ballooned. Well, feel happy that baby is growing well. Will be seeing him again next Tuesday. Hurray! Being a mth since last saw him.

Apple, it's rib pain under the breast and above the tummy. doctor said the rib is expanding. so anyone same as me?

jac: i think urs more round than pointed cos i've seen really low pointed ones before..

lilbluey and princess d: i'm now 69kg ne.. but good thing i'm taller. wahahaha! but from the side profile, my tummy has grown twice its width..

Pearlyn & Jac, nice tum tum there!

Think my tum tum ballooned suddenly lor, keke.. cos 2wks before my colleagues was still saying that they didn't know that i'm preggie. Then the following wk, my tum tum suddenly appears big to them. wahaha.. I'm the lazy type to take pic la.

and oh yes, i hated the 1st tri of pregnancy, eat then puke! sucks! till 2nd tri.. now getting better le. So Envy those that can still drink kopi, I love kopi but can't drink them now cos will get headache after drinking. Kinda miss drinking it now. And it's a no no for soft-drinks as well, i think my bb gal dun like all these stuffs.. whenever i drink sure to get headache within 1.2hr, so i give them up for now.

Starry,

Not really leh, thot at tis stage shd be more or less visible maybe from the side is obvious but if face to face they might not realise it hahaha ;p~

Lingo,

I had the same pain exactly the spot u mentioned, ytd was horrid and my back was aching so badly that I can oni lie on the bed after I get home...

seabreeze, kopi O..i find it too acidic..~ i normally go for kopi siu-dai or kopi-c..

coffeebean/starbucks expensive wor!~

i ever thought of buying an espresso maker, but FC dont allow :X

Teoong ...

I oso just realise that I cant take tea ... cos a few times I took green tea and ice tea ... I felt so terrible and in the end puke =p

Now its ice cold water and soya bean milk for me ... my mum kept reminding me to drink more soya bean milk so that princess come out fair fair.

Took the Azuki Freeze (Soya Milk base) at TCC just now ... dunno counted or not hahaha

I mean for My gal gal Will b a libra....i m a cancerian, My Hb who is a scorpion is a very Nice Guy. So i like scorpion too. But My gal 99% shld be a libria.

Hi all..

wah... today not cold leh, why so many ppl online posting here like yesterday? hee...

Me just came back from my boy's Meet-the-parent session. Glad that he is progressing pretti well and he is even the chinese translator for his malay teacher (chinese teacher is from china)! Proud of him... and of coz there are the not-so-good reviews... But I am cool... he is still young and we just need to put in more effort to educate him... hee...

Wah...today topic is partor ah?

Me knew my hb when I am 17yo when we are taking same course in poly. He already 21yo coz he flunk his A level and completed NS liao...

Partor for 7 years, ROM on our 7th yr "hold-hand" anniversary in 2002, chinese customary on v-day in 2004, #1 came in 2006.

Kinda waited for 2 years to try for #2 as I want to concentrate on ds for his critical first 2 years but ended up having problem conceiving when I decided to start trying.

Went thru a very traumatic 1+year of trying which includes pills, a scare from doc that I might have micro tumour in my brain, acupuncture, horrible chinese medicine, rocky relationship with hubby etc... and me going thru all these while my MIL thinks that I am the one who dun want any more kids... still "hinted" and pressure me to conceive another one...

almost gave up and then my dad passed away and suddenly a miracle happens and I got preggie with #2... and I still want #3...#4...haha...

You ppl are really young leh... made me so old...

aiyo... old and fat... bad combination... haha...

Libluey

i have the some problem as you. if very pain when i get home, i will go straight to my bed and lie ist.

ooohh.. nice mummies' tummies Jac and Pearlyn! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

This forum ah really is the catalyst for all my cravings... I am a kopi addict but for this pregnancy been quite guai.. haven't had one whole cup of kopi on my own till now, ok maybe 1 time when I had the yummy ice yuan yang at Kim Gary...

My hubby is thinking to get the nespresso machine but I was telling him.. don't tempt me, better get after I deliver.. hahaha...

Lingo, Think My friend got this kind of pain... Is baby maybe No Space to expand, but that is for her in her third tri la.

Ian, you must be aiming the NESXPRESSO coffee maker lor? keke.. that's most of the guys dream la. Get it from EUR is cheaper wor. Anyway that machine is not very big to carry back to SG :p

Talking abt kopi fix..

I just had my dark mocha blended DECAF! counted as kopi fix or not? hee...

Was wanting to go Ice Edge cafe to try out MSW icecream but too hot to walk and no idea where exactly it is... so ended up going SK to get emicake's durian puff...haha...

Lingo, my frd also got this kind of pain, like Apple said her bb growing well, not much space to move so happens that everytime her bb will usually kick at her ribs area. Always hear her complain about it.

Wow now got another ice cream store ah... Udders now Ice edge?! Aiyo...

Let me try n satisfy myself with my magnum mini first...

Wah after lunch topic is partor ah??

erm ... I know my hubby since sec 1 we have been classmate from sec 1 to 5 but we start to partor only sec 4. All the way finish 'N' Level, 'O' Level, Poly, NS and UNi. We applied for our flat when he is still in Uni. We get marry last year Aug which is our 11 year ann. Then this year pop out one bb.

At first still thinking to make one in Japan during our 1 year wedding ann (also our 12 year portor ann) but the bb cannot wait ...

Wahahaha ...

Ian ...

For $700 ... you can drink and buy ALOT of coffee bean ice blended lor hahaha

Not forgetting you still need to buy the capsule right heehee

thanks for the tum tum compliments!

babydes: u coffee addict? i'm still drinking but i'm not a regular drinker but a social coffee drinker. haha! doc says its ok to haf a cuppa a day.. but i take maybe twice a week? depends on my mood. =p and i haf the nespresso at home! cos my hubby is quite an avid coffee lover but he doesnt take it everyday either but on most days.

ladies and 1 gent, use the taka sale! hahaha! datz when we bought the machine the other time and we stock up on the capsules each taka sale.. abt 10-15 cartridges each time. =) so after discount, per capsule is abt $0.80 cents. same price as ur kopi! but nicer.. =p

yewee.. u're like me. hubby n i went to same sec sch n then poly.

seabreeze, i'm planning to take a 2year break too! cannot tahan la! my gf told me to just go for it next yr,, every pregnancy is diff she said. but if like yrs, erm i dun tink so

ouh the nespresso machine. i tried this b4 at sentosa beufort suite.. got so many kinds of coffee beans somemore to choose!

Pearlyn ...

As you can tell ... me no coffee person so wont spend money on nespresso

Though I have another fren who tells me its worth it in the long run heehee

Back