(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

my massage lady is charging 40 bucks per session.. personally i like her very much as she will massage to push back the womb and to make uterus contract faster...

Thanks Nature lover and babybee,

we will take a look next wk or so. Now busy getting some little stuff here and there. Still need to install ceiling fan, need to furnish the spare room for the grandparents as they are staying over to help with confinement and babysitting.

ahnah : Thanks. but enough to put meh? Cos i think babytowel alone take up 1 drawer already. Hmm... but if i really can't find a space to put chest of drawer or wardrobe, maybe will buy toyogo drawer instead.

babybee : Thanks for the info! will go down and check out soon before i totally can't walk at all!

ahNah> ya ya, that should be me. you were smoking outside Hall 6 right? hehe... sorry didn't walk over to say hi coz my hubby needs to rush off, was waiting for him to drive over.

ann> yes, i went every day. but Thurs twice -afternoon with other mtbs night with family stayed for like 20 mins only. Fri night also like 15 mins. Sat probably 30 mins? today hit record, just went to grab the cloth nappy clips fr. BumWear and left within the grace period, no car park charges. haha... coz my hubby is lazy to drive me ard so rather drops me at Expo every day. :p

i got the Pigeon 6-pack wet tissues and the twin-pack bottle detergent too. got the waist belt stage 2 (20% off), but Leo_baby said BHG got 30%, so if 30% also applied to all Pigeon products then MTH fair not offering the best deal loh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Anyone knows if Mt. A is still giving the bath tub now?

ahNah> if Mt. A is still giving me the bath tub for #2, then i can pass you mine, since I already have 1 for #1 last time. i don't need 2 bath tubs. when is your wife's EDD again?

Nature_Lover> hehe... that's why my hubby said baby's money is the most easily earned. anyhow buy also spend a lot. G.oon i heard is as good as Nepia but we touched the sample displayed there for NB like not very soft, so didn't buy loh. hopefully it's nice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

QQ> is not that we have energy. i told my hubby, coz i have no energy, so no choice have to buy all at one-go, and such fair is the best place to go. even though you may not get the best deal in town, but at least you won't be getting the most expensive deals in town.

ahNah> i remember also Mt. A has free classes on baby bath and post-natal exercise during my #1. but that time i was so tired and lazy so ended up never attend any. Learnt the baby bath fr. my confinement lady in the end. As the rest suggested, you may want to check with the hospital if such classes are available. maybe check also if you can attend in case your wife is too tired that time.

haitang : mt a still giving bathtub. i just give birth #2 last year. now this yr, go back deliver #3 again. so i got 3 bathtub too. haha... i use them to wash clothes.

haitang - what's the Pigeon waist belt for? Is it to be worn after delivery and massage? I was wondering if such belts are effective for slimming down the waist.... cos I was also thinking of buying those Osim slimming belt..

ann> i didn't use any for my last pregnancy. not sure also if this Pigeon belt is effective but the support looks good loh. the lady said even if you do massage you can wear it over your massage wrap. OSIM slimming belt, you mean the one shake shake (can't remember the name). last time my colleague bought but since she didn't use it regularly as recommended so didn't find effective loh.

*pant pant* finally manage to catch up to the main page! Thread is really moving too fast...

pop by Motherhood fair this afternoon. Lucky not a lot of pple. Sign up for Cordlife and receive 1 NB Huggies diapers. If I've known they are giving, would not have bought the NB diapers from the fair *roll eyes* in the end, didn't buy a lot of things cuz find the discounts so-so only...

Re: Post-natal massage

My massage lady will only start my massage 5 days after I deliver, whereas most of you start 3 days later. Any idea whether after 5 days, massage is still effective? She's charging me $50 for 2hrs per session.

Babybee,

for the si ma lu shop, any idea what time it closes on Sat? Plan to go down this Sat after 3pm...

xpink,

i bought a 3-door cupboard from Ikea, hoping I can use it for a long time. also it's an additional storage space for my growing wardrobe... hehe~

Re: Baby Insurance

Hubby and I only plan to upgrade bb's shield plan, insurance will buy later. For shield plan, my fren told me that if both parents are covered under Aviva's plan 1 or 2, bb will be covered for plan 2 FOC till 21 yrs of age. Hubby and I are still contemplating whether to change our shield plans to Aviva's. Anyone here has good recommendations of plans from other agencies?

haitang : my place oso small. i hang the bath tub on the toilet window so it won't take up alot of space when we shower.

oh no la, when the kids use bath tub to shower, i nv throw away the water mah, can use the water to wash clothes or other things also. keke...

I think I bought too much NB diapers.

1 pk of nepia (64 pcs)

2 pk of sealer NB (48 pcs) and 1 pk of S (coz 3 for $25)

But its stated for up to 5kg, so mummies who have used these 2 brands before. Can you advise if baby can wear till they are 2 mths?

Regretted buying so much NB.

nature lover--> i just did a 'sengkak' today done by the massage lady. 'sengkak' actually is the 'pushing up' massage of the tummy if the baby is too low in the uterus too soon. i was having alot of pain the past few days in my lower tummy, pubic and pelvis area that i was having difficulty in walking, putting on my pants or even rolling over in bed. my parents saw me in pain and they called someone to massage me. true enough, the lady said my baby had 'come down' and she helped to push up. im feeling much2 better now, can move better without so much pain. actually the other time i also did prenatal massage with another person, whom ive booked for post natal. have u booked any post natal massage yet?

naturelover : Haha! I wanna save water bill la. :p

Xuan : No worries, my #2 born 3.6kg and i stockup 6packs of NB diapers and he used 5packs.

xpink> you can hang 2 bath tubs on the toilet window not bad leh. i hang mine there too, but kept it in the store room when my #1 turned 2 years old i think. just use pail. the shower water? my son always pours and washes the bathroom after he showers. haha... i told my maid to keep the water she uses to hand wash cloths to flush toilet, but not sure if she kept or not. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ednique> wah, the "sengkak" massage so good. earlier when i felt the baby low, my mother in law advised me to take a chinese med. for the baby coming too low. i took that and did feel the baby not so low anymore. but i still feel the pain on the right side of my pelvic bone these few days, even i didn't walk much. have to turn slowly too when sleep. how much the lady charges for the massage?

ahNah> blur what? hehe... for not be able to recognise me ah? it's oklah, that day you and your wife arrived Manhattan Fish so late and very soon i left for my Isetan shopping also. the lighting there also quite dark (like they nv pay utility bill like that).

EDD 29 Aug? so i should be earlier loh, since my EDD is 4 Aug! give me ur no. lah. when i got back fr. hospital with the 2nd bath tub i can ring you, then you can drop by my place to pick it up. haha...

Xuan> diapers too much no need to worry. later can sell to Oct/Nov/Dec MTBs, give away to friends who are giving birth too or even keep it for your #2. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Tigger, where did you buy the safety first inflatable tub?

How much does it cost ah? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Is it suited to use for new borns / infants?

or for NB/infants its easier to buy the normal plastic tub with a netting to bathe them?

Ahnah, if u r letting yr parents to take care of yr baby, good to get 2 bathtub.. I have 2 at home n 1 at in-laws for my gal. E one from mt A is small for infants till 6 months or so.. After that I got a bigger bath tub at kiddy palace for I think $29.. With in- built rubber mat n removable mesh for infant.. My gal uses e bigger one for another 1 yr or so.. So worth it..

I was rather disappointed with e motherhood fair leh.. Nothing muchto buy.. I only got a few diapers from pampers.. Thou of getting cheap cot there but in e end found out those convertible to toddler bed type, cheapest is 359.. Similar price found at kiddy palace.. Sigh.. In e end, din not get any cot...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] instead I bought more stuff at JL sale..

Jialat.. Dunno where to get cheaper cot..

Starz,

Sorry cant help you with this question i not sure what time they close on saturday wor never been there on saturday. Maybe the rest of the mummies who been to the si ma lu shop before on saturday can advise. Any mummy know?

MVH,

The $359 cot comes with the coconut husk mattress, bumper set, some music box which attach to the cot, and i think munckin diaper organizer.

KP only gives foam mattress, musical mobile, bumper set.

Ahnah,

Your $189 is a cot bed? From the MTB fair?

Anyone know where to get 100% cotton fitted sheet for cot/playpen mattress? KP selling like $20-30 per piece. A bit steep.

Wow.. you got good buy leh. i was looking at palmax website and they have white cot bed and reasonably price. So nice..

Too bad i bought mine liao and it's pine color cos that's the only color they have. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I bought the $29 mattress at motherhood fair. They only left with 3 when I'm there.

Starting of my 3rd trimester. Starting to have the 舍不得feeling to send Bb into Infant Care at 3mths onld cos we have been with Bb for so long. Bb following us everywhere for so many months leh.

Jascmy,

It's part of bb growing up and learning independence. It'a matter of time before we have to let go and give them the freedom. It's hard but it's good for them.

My parents were too protective of me when i was young. Everything, everywhere cannot do, cannot go. I felt so deprived as a child and teenager. Thus, i hope i am brave enough to give my child freedom and exposure as he grows.

ahNah,

I din see Palamx cot leh.. i must be cock-eyed yesterday.. do u have the contact in spore? might consider calling them n ask for price after the fair

bakaholic,

my childhood similar to yours wor... a lot of things cannot do, places cannot go... also plan to give my child more freedom... just scare it's my MIL who is more restrictive...

RE: bathtub

When I got married, my mum bought me those red bathtub... there's some meaning to it when someone got married lar...

I've ben using that since #1 was borned, till now she's gg 4yo, we're still using it and will re-used it for #2 since it's always in the bathroom... so Mt A gave us, like no-use, has been keeping in storeroom still. So I have 2 to give away also... very space consuming... who's interested can pm or sms me...

ahanh,

wow.. i like your cot. How come i never see? We walked 2 rounds some more! sob sob..

Starz,

Just tell your mil nicely that times have changed and kids need more space and social interaction. Ultimately, it's us who is going to be responsible for the child, not the grandmother loh.

bakaholic,

Because I got 5 pairs of eyes looking around mah.

My SIL ... financial adviser.

my wife ... Senior Buyer.

myself ... fault finder.

:p

Haitang,

pigeon at BHG is only giving 20% i think.. they not generous enough for 30%.

NAture love,

i also bought Peg Perego P3.. but i bought it from US as that time there is a promotion. it only cost me SGD$300.. my good fren is in US, so she will bring back to me. i save on the shipping cost.

ann,

i booked the postnatal massage from Mdm Ida for 5 sessions instead of 7 sessions. 1 session is $50.

ahnah,

i saw this cot at the fair, but the price is $299..how come urs is $269?

Bakholic,

the cot is at the booth next to spring maternity.

Pampers active :

i heard that giant is selling the M size at $25 for 2 packs. Promo up till 10 june..its even cheaper than Motherhood fair.. if u wan to stock up, can get them at giant..heard diapers can store up to 3yrs.

morning~

from motherhood fair, i got maxi cosi priority SPS car seat @$199 (for 9kg - 18kg). nepia's NB/1pack,S/1Pack/L pull up pants/2pack.. some heinz jar food... some tops for my #1 (1 for $5)

how come i nv see other mummies? MVH wat time were u there yday? i was there from 2pm to 6pm! 4 hrs. hahaa.. cannot imagine i can tong for so long without sitting down... & still carry my #1 on off

Back