(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

massage

i used to engage this lady called madm noor, she is quite good, charges only $50 for 1.5hrs (2 yrs ago).

the downside is she covers only north-east area e.g. punggol and sengkang.

i juz sms her to check her rates and if she stl doing this. wl update you all later [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dreymin : no problem. I stay bedok area. I've pm-ed you.

Mine also have some boyboy clothings that passed down from my younger son, since at home i don't mind boy la. cos i dont think i can manage to bring 3 kids out on my own, so i think we will be at home most of the time.

No problem, i will share with you those girl girl one.

Cos my friend had twins den got a few rompers and tops are duplicate. hehe...

btw, any mummies that decided for C-sec booked the post natal massage? I understand that for C-sec, only can do the massage after 3 weeks or 1 mth right? Do u think it is still efficient after so long??

ahnah ,

so the baby cot , when will they be making delivery to ur place ? my friend comment that size is too small , but i felt is ok right ...

ducklingeshop

wat i know is , for post natal massage, must be done within 6weeks after delivery. anytin after that will not be effective anymore.. tat were told by my previous massuer.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] for me, i tink i will go for the 7days massage.. v shiok... relax.

Thanks ablibaba & Scent..

i will try out scent method see if work for me.. hehehes...

Ann / MVH : u and me hav the same feeling, wah lau the feeling is so suck lolz... hate it man!... i tot we shld feel better instead..i keep on burping....

Sunflower: i only feel it when i hits 3rd trim... u and me share the same edd..maybe we might see each other at KKH..

I hope i didnt miss anyone out. I changed the venue and time based on the latest comments.

I will make a reservation closer to the date [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Central Gathering -

Date: 15 June 10

Time : 7pm

Dreymin

Cheekrene

MVH

ahNah only

Purelyz

Ann

Haitang

Charmaine

Wei Ling

Everyone..

Jusy got back from gynae.. put on 1 kg.. and bb weighs abt 1665g.. happy that she's progressing.. now i just have to maintain the my own weight.. =p

about the massage, i was tempted to sign up with the booth at the fair cos you all know my lady charges me 70 dollars per session but hubby talk me out of it stating that since she's recommended by my friends and trusted then i shouldn't "save" the money as for a 10 day package, its only 70dollars difference.. oh yah.. im abit "heong" so i just go fo a 10 day package which i see most of you do 7 days only.. =p guess im just vain...

question: will the sengkak massage tilt bb position back? cos my bb position is just right.. so dun want to change anything but my back is getting sore at times.. so how?

Sigh, I'm not feeling well again. Whole body no strength, giddy and vomit air. Maybe deal to a full lunch meal jus now and walk too much last 2 days liao. Or is it 1st trimester symptoms back?

Hope it not like last month where it lead to spotting and admitted to KKH.

hello all,

so i managed to convince my hb to go to the motherhood fair at expo yesterday. (our first bb fair since i preggie). we were there fr 3-6pm i think.

bought quite a few things. even though discounts may not be that fantastic but since we were alr there so might as well lah.

things we bought:

- cheap mattress with pillow & 2 bolsters fr puku (as bb will be sleeping with me on my bed so decided to buy this for my girl until we transfer her to the bb cot fr 4th mths onwards)

- infant head support for stroller also fr puku

- 1pack nepia S size (afraid my bb will be more than 3kg at birth, we are mostly using cloth napkins during the day so think its more practical to buy S i/o NB)

- pigeon bb wipes in bundle of 6packs

- pigeon thermometer

- pigeon silicon pacifier

- pigeon L size safety clips

- lovable frens pack of 2 waterproof quilt for mattress

- lovable frens pack of 2 hooded towels

- 1 pacifier clip fr farlin

we also got the foc pot with a free demostration at home for the delphin vacuum cleaner lah. no intention to buy though.

after abt 3hrs at the fair, i ended up with BH contractions at the fair itself. tummy cramping/tigthening feeling come & go. in the end, took a cab home. my hb said whatever savings (if any) all gone liao with the cab fare. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i experienced what ednique went thru too.

got intense pain when i moved my legs to get out of bed & when i put on/take out my undies. very heavy feeling below, at times, i think my pubic area is swollen or sth.

so this is actually becos the bb has shifted down?? aiyo, now i was praying my c-sect date could faster arrive...

Jascmy:

Think you better slow down your activity level, cos being in our 3rd trimester, our body won't be able to "tahan" too much stress and the symptoms do tend to come back.. take one step at a time okies

Aqua:

dun feel bad okies, you just need to rest more maybe cos you were roaming around too much at the fair..

xuanx,

i got your PM, have just replied. thanks!

ducklingeshop,

yah the massage not so effective after a C-S coz hv to wait till the wound heals. i waited for at least 2 months before i went for first massage as advised by my gynae.

Sheric,

i did undergo a swipe or test before to check if any bacteria for my #1 pregnancy, not sure if this is for GBS though.

i was found with v mild infection and was given an anti-bacterial wash to use.

i read it is impt for mummies gg thru natural birth so the baby will not be infected.

i couldnt rem who but someone mentioned abt ordering confinement wine??

can i have the contact pls? would like to order 1 bottle of nuo mi jiu.

thanks in advance!!

btw, any experienced mummies bought play gyms for ur kids previously?? i thought of getting this motion gym fr a mummy on this forum. its pre-loved but cond is 9/10, no stain / tear. all mobile parts & sound in working cond. seller selling at $40. i read that those toy rental co. charge the same set at $28 for 1 mth usage only so thought might as well buy it. what do u think? worthwhile to buy? a bn set costs $100+ i think.

this is the pics of the motion gym i'm keen in.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4075772.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4075773.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4075774.jpg]

may i know how u mummies clean & maintain ur play gym? wash with pigeon / tollyjoy detergent??

angel,

it was me who wans to order the wine. the person with the contact is suika [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Angel, i got a similar gym mat from kiddy palace abt $30++ 2 yrs ago.. my gal starts using it abt 2mths and only use for less than 3 months.. coz my gal starts to roll at 3mth old and roll off the mat and knocks her head on the floor.. i think it is a waste of $$ for my case la.

Just wondering.. should we use BPA-free milk bottles? comparing the prices, BPA-free bottles r very ex leh.. dunno should buy or not..

ducklingeshop> for me she put 5-7days, so if after 5days i dun need already then i will pay for 5 days. For me, if my delivery date is earlier then she cousin will be doing for me. but she did assure me that all her partners are personally trained by her so should not have uch difference. however if I do have any complaints, then she will personally come over to see what she can do.

Angel : I din bought any gym mat for my 2 kids, so definitely won't use any for my #3 also.

MVH : i use BPA free bottles for my kids now. Last time we use non-BPA free bottles and i have the habit to change it every 3 months.

For BPA free bottles, it can last longer.

angel,

i aso hv one as a gift but my boy seldom use it. my helper clean it by wiping with mild soapy water and then clean water. mine has music unit (battery operated) so cannot wash.

jascmy, angel and aqua,

yah better slow down coz we r in last trimester. i realised my energy level dipped quite a fair bit recently. on fri i shopped for 5 hrs, my legs ached like crazy when i got home.

i got a couple of good buys!

marks & spencer (somerset) & cotton on kids (united sq) are having sales. cotton on tops are only $5, but meant more for 1-2 yo onwards.

xpink_xuanx, i din know we need to change non-BPA bottles so frequently leh... oops.. i think i used the bottles for #1 abt 1 yr or so.. but i got lotsa of bottles, so sterlize once a day and use each once a day or so..

dreymin,

thanks, hopefully suika sees this & let me have the contact. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mvh,

thanks for sharing & sorry to hear abt ur gal's experience with the play gym. prior to the motherhood fair, i got popped by KP as well so i saw some BN play gym selling at $30++ as well as those selling at $100++. if i'm not wrong, i think maybe the $30++ ones have no motions & sounds? do correct me if i'm wrong ya. may i know how u usually clean the play gym so it remains safe for bb to lie & play in? i read the feedbacks at amazon, seems like quite a gd buy. for the 1st 2 mths, intend to just let my gal lie in it without motion & sounds. when she's abt 3mths onwards, can start to have the motions & sounds, hoping to entertain her for a few mths lor. then see how, either sell off cheap or hand down to frens lah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFHqW52voc&feature=related

naturelover,

thanks for sharing too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i wasnt really expecting to use this play gym for a long time lah. it'll be gd if can used for 3mths or so. thought its still better than renting the item for 1mth usage lor.

dreymin,

oh, meaning battery operated play gym cannot be washed huh?? aiyo, can must re-consider liao.

i have 5 BPA free milk bottles (5oz each) fr pigeon, fr a fren (hand-me-down). she says they are all BN & never used. the bottles all appeared somewhat yellowish & she did assure me that is becos they are BPA free & has been kept in storage for a while. so BPA free bottles will turned yellowish if kept in storage for sometime huh? not doubting my fren lah but just want to make sure this is safe for my bb. of course, will use bb detergent to wash them first followed by my pigeon multi-function sterilizer lah. any comments?? thanks!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Angel : BPA free bottles are yellowish & brownish one. Only non-bpa free bottles are white.

angel,

unless the battery unit can be removed, then u can wash the mat using kids detergent like kodomo or tollyjoy.

why dun u PM suika? she told me the price is $18 per bottle.

xpinkxuanx,

thanks for letting me know... cos i suaku lah. now more assured liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

angel,

my playmat get a few toys hanging also.. no music but got diff sound when u shake the toys la.. I remove the hanging part and use washing machine n wash.. lol.. i m a lazy mum..

anyway, i saw avent BPA-free bottles.. they r yellowish in nature.. not sure if it applies to other brands or not..

dreymin,

by battery unit, do u mean the batteries themselves or? seller told me they are operated by 3AA batteries.

yup, think i'll liase with suika on FB lah. cos i think i read somewhere she wont be on the forum this wk or so?

RE: Bottles

I also never change my bottles so often, I change it only when I think the bottles need changing...

but #2 I've bought 2 avent BPA free bottles for him... very exp thou...

Angel,

My #1 was still playing with the playgym when she's 7 mo...

I've put in on top of the cushion play mat and cushion around her...

it's a gift from company so i didn't spend money to buy...

mvh,

thanks, i know now that BPA free bottles are yellowish in ntaure... :p

eeyore,

thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] btw, what's the mkt rate for BPA free bottles? cos i got mine fr a fren so never really chk out the price. i'm quite blur, not sure the 5oz bottles can used for how long leh. when must change to bigger sized bottles?? may want to keep to BPA free bottles as well.

Angel,

if you keen on the dust mike vacuum function only, dun buy the delphin brand. Got other brand has the similar function buy only range 100++ to 300++

Wah liao, I already told my hubby that I not feeling well. Then my family having some issues that I need to settle now. So I suggest to him that I take a cab home now to settle and rest. He say don waste money taking cab and ask me to take public transport.

yesterday also the same. I told him after the shole shopping trip that I super tired. He don care and say I heard u all say 3rd trimester very bad so I keep thinking so bad thats why not feeling well.

Faint!

dreymin,

oic, i better chk with seller again before we pick up item fr her this weekend.

ahnah,

thanks for sharing. hmmm $100++ - $300++ compared to $3000 is alot of diff leh. my hb & i are both the steady types, hard to be swayed by their persuasion. most importantly, no $$$ to buy also.

jascmy,

KOK his head ! athough he is not the one who is preg, but must spare a thou wat .. still dare to ask u to take public transport. He duno Public Transport very dangerous meh... ppl dun give up seat to mama one, some more they knock on you, squeeze you some more. Some time dun even can breathe in train or bus.

Angel,

They will offer you installment plan, be steady. Choose cheaper brand but still can suck the dust mike.

jacsmy

just tell him nicely that you are super tired and dun wish to stress the body any further.. more rest is important at this stage to ensure well being of both mummy and bb..

Nature Lover,

It is true wat. Wife got 1, children are ours. Money can earn back. Taxi fare only... how much expensive can it be.

So far my wife got special arrangement with her colleague, got pay $ to her colleague to ferry from home downstairs to office, from office to home at evening 6 pm. I try not to let her take bus or can un-necessary.

Back