(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

Hi forgot to attach my HP number:

98397338. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cheers!

Hi gals,

I went for my checkup yesterday morning and doc confirmed we're having a girl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yiwen, could you help to update the table? Thanks!

Xiao Lao Hu, 3rd trimester starts from week 28.

karyne if it comes and goesd could be stitches. But if pain persists and yr gynae not available. Please dont hesitate kkh 24 hrs a&e. Better to be safe in any case.

Hi mummies,

forgotten if i'm in this thread earlier but my edd is 26th April and i'm having a baby boy.. my 4th boy. Was hoping and praying for a baby girl, but i guess hubby got too much male sperms.. haha. I'll be delivering at TMC.

Any1 seeing DR Paul Tseng from TLC?

Last sat chk-up @ ww26 bb weight is 1.3kg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] #2 bigger than DD at this stage. Last 3weeks only 700g, I just taking normal 3 meals still have big bb. Gynae mention I may need to induce if ww38 weight over than 3.5kg.

Yiwen,

your #2 is big. good right? why sad? big baby then stronger mah. Mine 25th week only 800g.

Karyne,

I also occasionally have pain at belly button. But I think it is because the skin is stretching...I now have a palm size of shinning stretch marks there...last time #1 dont stretch there...

i'm also having a big bb i think .. wk 27 checkup shows bb at 1.4kg already. and i also take normal 3 meals but baby seem to be absorbing all the nutrients ... doctor haven talked about inducing birth yet but i think it might be possible for me too ... now at wk 28+ to 29 ...

morning mummies..

yiwen, don worry too much, be happy that ur bb is growing healthily ;)

mummies, if we want to breastfeed, do we still wake up at nite during confinement month to latch on baby?

jasda, I have bas experience on induce during my #1. Labour pain is 36hrs & take epi @ last 12hrs, have fever & push 1 bb still cannot out than using vacuum than found cord tie bb leg.

jasda, i also plan to pump at night & let CL to bottel feed bb at night. So can have enough rest at night, if latch need to wake up every 2 hrs. #1 i don't have CL so latch on day & night, so don't have proper rest.

yiwen, oic.. i think ur child 1 should be grateful of what u hv done in delivering her.. i also suffered long labor for no. 1, close to 12 hours also and had epi for close to 10 hours ...

anyway, let's hope fr a smooth delivery this time.. I visited my fren yesterday and her no. 2 just pop within 3-4 hrs after water bag burst.. so she didn't need epi at all..

jasda,

cos latching baby will take a longer time. baby can latch for as long as 1 hour for some. i only spend 15-20 mins to pump, then leave all washing to CL. i just need to stay awake or be half asleep while pumping.

latching, then i must stay awake to wake baby up to latch as he will drink and fall asleep. then still got to burp. i think i can easily spend 1 hour to do that. before i can sleep for 1 hour, he will wake up for another feed. if CL bottle feed, usually baby will only require feed every 3 hours (this is what happens to #1, he drink 3hoursly sharp).

during confinement rest for mummy is very important.

celynlee, yiwen, if we pump at nite, just need to wake up and pump once? will the supply drop if we just pump once at nite?

jasda,

no problem for #1. he takes to both. i latch him since birth in kk but cos he stay there for 1 week, i believe the nurses would have already bottle feed him liao. so he is ok with both.

then i will pump 3 hourly even during confinement. my timing is usually, 3am, 6am, 9am, 12noon, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12am.

hi mummies

those who attended mrs wong class, all of u gog for the last antenatal talk @ SGS??... it's tmr at 7-9pm? at sgs rite?

tink i heard fm someone here tt the last class not v useful?

jasda,

when i went for the pigeon talk, mrs wong actually recommended us to introduce bottle after bb is 1 mth, so that bb will associate mummy = breast, bottle = daddy if not when we go back to work. bb will be too addicted to breast and not want to drink from bottle.

new,

my friend told me its useless too as its sort of a repeatation of what is being taught. i dont intend to attend.

bbdust,

what happens to #1 is:

- have both latch and bottle feed for 2 months

- bottle feed from 2nd month when he goes to babysitter's place. come back, latch for 1 feed then midnight feed all bottle feed.

- then suddenly, he refuse all bottle feed once he is at home except for those midnight feed where he is dream feed.

- i have to hide myself during feed time whenever i get hubby to bottle feed. its takes him more than 1 month to get use to both bottle and breast after that.

morning all!!

have been very busy recently.. feeling so tired too.. my hubby told me he wanted to go perth for his graduation ceremony in early Mar.. when is the latest weeks we can go overseas?? i will be in my 34-35 weeks then leh.. i wanted to go with him but i don't think i can right??

Thanks vic_ma and janet...

I had called my gynae to check, he say it's due to stretching... Unless it occurs too frequently, otherwise it's ok. Me too using stretch marks cream, today seems getting better.

celynlee, wah.. i must learn breastfeeding from u.. after latching still have milk to pump .. when i breastfeed my no. 1, i always find my supply not enough..

bbdust, yah that's wat i learn frm mrs wong also.. thus when i had no. 1, i use spoon to feed formula milk to her till she gets used to breastfeeding..

jasda,

pump after latch is to stimulate more milk production loh. should be quite dry after latch one lah but also depends on baby loh. #1 is a bit lazy sometimes, so i still can pump a bit out loh.

yiwen,

its hard work but must work for it loh. i'm on that kind of schedule for almost 5 months before i cut away the 3am pump.

jasda

I also intro my #1 to bottle during confinement and just pump out the BM.

Nipple confusion can be avoided by having another person give the bottle to the baby. Cos baby associate mother's body scent with BF. So you can let whoever is helping you with confinement give the bottle in the wee hour feeds.

I did the same as celyn - pump 3 hourly, even after latch on. Cos more demand = more supply. Just have to persevere and press on if we want the best for our little ones.

Hi yiwen

Please add me to the MTB list here.

EDD:3 May

Nick: rantingbaby

Baby: #2

Gynae: Dr Lee I Wuen

Hospital: Raffles Hospital

Thank you!

Yiwen, pls help me update.

EDD: 16th Apr 2010

Nick: Bringggg, Serene

BB no#: 1

Gynae name: Dr TC Chang

Hospital: TMC

celynlee, ranting, i salute ur hard work in breast feeding, looks like i'm a bit lazy when i had no. 1, i didn't pump after latching on even though i know my c1 didn't clear the breast totally.. however i felt quite tired with night feeding during confinement and thus asking abt how should we do at nite during confinement.. looks like pumping out 3 hourly is one way...

rantingbaby, noted

celynlee, I plan after CL left than direct latch on at night & pump after latch also. C how the arrangement than adjust accordingly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

celyn

I wanna try latch and pump this time round.

For 1st one I only try ebm.. I worry bb gets confused with nipple and breast

jasda,

maybe you can think of a way on how to do this loh. i feel rest is very important during confinement for mummy to get back her health.

all i do during confinement is sleep, pump and eat. when i got nothing to do, i will just rest in bed, surf net. i don't touch baby at all except for latching at times.

yiwen,

wow!!! i think you won't have time to rest at all after CL left leh. it will be super tiring for you leh. latch + pump will easily take your 1 hour or more, you are left with very little time to sleep liao leh.

when i bottle feed #1 in the night, he take 15 mins to drink and i spend 15 mins to pump. i spend less than 40 mins in all before i can get back to sleep. with this, i already feel very tired liao.

wah seh, half the day gone liao.....

jasda,

i latched on at night as well and basically slept when bb slept (not so easy during the day), but tis bcz i believe pumping is so leceh... plus C1 did have nipple confusion. after 2 bottle feeds during days 3 and 4, tadah, he din want my breast anymore, so i had to go cold turkey on bottles till he stabilised at abt 3 months with all latching only. not everyone is so lucky like ranting's and celyn's #1 with zero nipple confusion.

you can listen now to all our advices, but in the end, you will do what is best for you and bb at THAT time.

Breastfeeding and PD

separate but related topic... another time i realised from talking to colleague, the PD's support is super impt. there are still PDs who tell you to stop breastfeeding for a few days or a week to bring jaundice levels down - i went to one such myself and luckily had read up beforehand so i knew this mode of thinking was outdated. have to be super confident in standing your ground (not with PD, with family!!), and getting another PD's opinion.

C1's breastmilk jaundice lasted for 2 months, and MIL/mum's nagging nearly wore me down during that time... luckily my PD supported me, and i can tell them tis ok, C1 will be ok one.

cellow.. yah will see wat to do is best fr baby and me..

thanks all mummies fr the advices.. really appreciate it.

yeah woofy congrats congrats [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] good good 1.2KG le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i still got 2 more weeks to go can't wait [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yiwen,

yah yah. i hardly have time to eat when my CL left. i didn't even cook, just tingkat lunch i also got no time to eat. hahaha....

must do adjustment based on situation.

cellow,

yah, i guess not all baby are like mine. i do have a friend's girl who refuse to be bottle feed. she also had a a hard time weaning her off the breast when she go back to work.

i'm lucky that #1 don't get jaundice so got no one to nag at me in a way. if not, i think i can't bf for so long too.

XLH, i increase 620g from my last check-up which 3wks ago. Now my chk-up become every 3 week.

Celynee, my#1 after confinement tingkat My MIL cook but like not willing. end up I sometime skip lunch or order Mac. So this round after CL i will order tingkat for lunch.

Back