(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

loke: i keep my finger crossed....... shhhh
cannot say one hahaha! the daddy tot she slept thru the night. coz i didnt wake him up when C woke up at 430am lol!

astro: reverse cycling.. i'm wondering if angel is having that... just latch for the sake of latching.. then wait for the bottle at the end of the day........................

Tien,
anyways what my doc prescribed was minimal carbs. so i only have like 3 mouthfuls of rice @ dinner. but i'll eat all the other dishes like normal serving tho. and the most impt was no sweets! no dessert, no softdrinks, no durians. i didn't consume any of those, not even my favourite teh C. so yup. the weight went down very fast.

and i think after today, it may go down even faster. i didn't eat til 2pm and that was only half my sandwich. the remainder i only managed to swallow @ 5pm.

xoxo,
yah. got my milk in the right place. so the fridge to go was fine. it was the arcade meeting-room booking system that drove me up the wall. freaking stupid thing. i spent like the whole day trying to secure a slot for tomorrow's pump sessions and then find out that i booked it in the wrong timezone?! f-ing stupid thing i nearly vomitted blood!!!

miemie,
you know i didn't have time to miss Min. it was only when i got home, carried her, that i really felt like tearing.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sigh... my boss asked me if there was separation anxiety i laughed and told him it was probably on me rather than on Min. *double sigh*

hippo: u r disciplined! i haven't been able to cut down on the food.. i feel hungry every second.. and no food means no strength to latch... its a marathon run...

PY: Jia you! You are doing great!

Hippo: The irony is I have always been on low carb diet since 5 yrs ago but have to admit that I ate too much during pregnancy and now RETRIBUTION!! Cannot stop snacking these days. Think too free in between feeds, esp after moving bk to mum's cos there's maid. I am so dead. Fat for good!!

Tien>> Me too.. fat and so dead! They said bfing will make us slim down faster.. BUT they all lied! Sighzz.. :'( Now i am "upsized" by 1 size bigger.. so sianzz.. so low morale..

Any1 got any gd ways to slim down real fast?

hey where's roxie ah? she MIA for quite sometime already leh..

*paging for Roxie, MieMie wants to ask you something about nanny*

Happy Mummy: I am 2 sizes bigger! Just thankful still got clothes to buy! Actually bfg does help in losing weight. Think if I now I will weigh even more!! Think I really gained too much. If I gained normally during pregnancy i.e. 13-15 kg, I would have been lighter than my pre-preg weight!!

Hi Oct Mummies,
My 3months 2 weeks old son is not drinking his milk. Formerly he got no problem and is drinking 3 to 4oz every 3hours. But since last Saturday, he doesn't seem to be hungry. When we give him milk he will push the teat out.Feed 3oz at 3pm till mid nite 5am then cry for milk.He doesn't seem to be hungry and didn't cry for milk.Now he only drink 3-4oz 4-5 hoursly. Is this normal?

keroppi: i think normal coz tha's what happening to my son. reduced apettite. sometimes take 1 hour to get him to finish 4oz. other times he will only finish 3 no matter how i force feed him. at times can finish 4 in a sitting. dunno his pattern. i think as long as his weight is increasing should be ok

Happy Mummy & Tien,
are you still bfing your bb? Yes it does help in losing weight.Actually I eat more than before(bfing also make me feel hungry easily),but now i almost come back to normal size.i always carry bb to the park and walk. not necessary to lose weight during bfing. after stop bfing, can try some natural slimming products maybe.i saw an ad in UWeekly, the product sounds good.

Hi all, I am also an October mummy and my son is around 16 weeks now. He has been very cranky for the past few days. My son is experiencing reduced appetite + refusing to nap during day time.

He used to be able to drink 180ml but now could go down to 120ml every 3hours or one feed spread across 1hr++ whereby he will drink, doze off, then wake up crying for milk.

I used to adopt Tracy Hogg's "EASY" method - Eat, Activity, Sleep. It works very well for me since I am looking after him on my own. However given his crankiness in feeding + refusing to take naps, it is becoming rather stressful.

Question: How do you guys coax your baby to sleep?

hallo mummies!!!! I am finally back onto this thread after 4 months of MIA. =)

My baby girl, Yuning, is now 19 weeks old. And yes, we are still staying in the far far away london.... Gosh, I MISS SINGAPORE!!!! too bad i wouldnt be home for the CNY. Or maybe it's a good thing, cos I dont have to think abt where to nurse the baby.

xoxo: I am sure glad u caught audrey in time. It would've been such a disaster if she had really fallen!

Yuning has a few similar traits with Audrey. She also has blocked nose in the morning. I use this Nasosal spray and it works perfectly fine for her. It's basically a sterilised sodium chloride (salt) spray that helps to dissolve the "pi sai". It works really well. I do it a few minutes before BF-ing her and her nose clears up quickly. The spray will sometimes cause her to sneeze the pi sai out. Fantastic for her and me. Dont buy the sodium chloride drops. They are not so easy to use. Buy the spray type.

Siangjiao: U shld definitely take ur baby to the pd if no poop for more than 8 days. I know that infrequent poops are ok, but to make sure that it is not any other problem, u shld still go for a check. Feel the baby's tummy for any hard spots. There shldnt be any.

My baby Yuning doesnt want to take anything from the bottle. And I am very very frustrated over this. I have tried medela and dr brown bottles. Both useless. It means that I am the only one who can feed her. Sigh. I am trying to get her to use those baby drinking cups now. Hopefully I can get her to drink EBM from the cup. Does anyone have any tips to get baby onto the bottle?

I am thinking to stop BF after 6 months. But if my girl doesnt take the bottle, i dunno how i can stop. HELP!!!

jrrt: is ur gal a preemie? mine is n wat u mentioned of being a fussy latcher fits my gal of 13 weeks too. Her feedings oso less than 10 mins, so much shorter than b4 n she oso settles for 1 breast instead of both. How do u deal with tis problem of under feeding? settle for bottle feedings? sad why she changed her habits, not as if she dunno how to latch...

glass: ah that's a very cute boy on the link you posted!
hehehe, actually one of my girlfriend's daughter also ate some sand at the beach too... the video is hilarious:
u see a lil girl sitting on the sand, then scoop up a handful, (you hear a mummy saying NO NO in the back) and stuff it to her mouth!(at this point the video cam is dropped and you hear a frantic mummy!) :p

silver bellzz >> try to be as patient as you can - but end pt u have to offer both breasts. audrey has recently changed her habits too..sometimes she fusses, at times she's good..when she displays a preference for one side..i let her have her choice first - then offer the one she was reluctant with and try to coax her. takes awhile. it works. heh, but if i try to do that with the bottles, not the same effect :p don't worry abt under-feeding..when the babes are hungry, they will ask to be given a feed..so just try yr best and don't stress too much. astro's friend told me that babies can feel the "stress"..i am believing in every single inch of that advice..so try to be as happy as u can be..then they can pick up this vibe and try to feed well
happy.gif

elly >> yes it would have been a disaster! yuning..what a beautiful name! hehe, i don't miss london one bit :p it's been a decade since i was there! where are you putting up? any signs of spring yet? hehe..how do u cope with bb thermal wear? it must have been a tough winter with a young baby but that also gives u lots of great fuzzy times with her
happy.gif
i lost the war her over bottles..or rather, should i put this in a more positive light and say - audrey won the war to be latched! ha! have you tried tommee tippee? i had moderate results from that. i got her the cup to lap up e ebm like a little puppy..too messy...

lucas >> their ever-changing "patterns" can be very unsettling for us, their carers..this decreasing appetite does happen but know that it is only temporary and a passing phase. i've days where she goes without naps. if so, i try to ensure those are less "hyper" days e.g. i try not to stimulate her too much or let her have too much physical activity..also, try to give her moments to space out or lie abt doing nothing (not interacting with her) when it's her naptime..i find this part hard to achieve esp with our ever-busy schedules.. as for coaxing to sleep..used to latch her to sleep till astro warned me abt decaying teeth..so now i latch her to a pt of drowsiness and just gently stroke her forehead...

keroppi >> as long as he is taking at least 6 feeds a day, it's still ok. as they approach the 4th mth, it can drop to 5 feeds a day...the amts sound ok..they hv also stopped "crying for milk"..u can try feeding at the intervals when milk is due...crying for milk is usually a rather late sign of hunger..but 3pm-5am ..i feel is a little long.. ;p

hippo >> how are u faring overall? back into the working groove? i had the daddy and the baby tag along at a media event ytd. they kept out of view. each time she needed a feed, i was texted and i had to cook some silly excuse to flee. but it worked so am i staring at such weird work-baby arrangements?

duracell >> that's why i feel..only 10% of babies are truly able to combine breast and bottle. the rest, have to make a solid choice - either, or. it can't be both. sorry if i am discouraging u..but if u choose breast, then completely latch..after several days of constant latchings (if she cannot satisfy herself with a single feed)..it should be a given that yr supply wld increase. otherwise, u might be right, angel is just doing tastings on the breast while waiting for her giant feast on the bottle ;p having said that, i admire yr determination..though ain't too sure this is the best way fwd since i know that TBF is quite another ball game altogether and comes with its own host of inconveniences and sacrifices...

PY >> no i didn't let her cry it out..how could i?? ;p i let her listen to the vacuum cleaner..white noise does silence her..that helps her soothe herself and off she went to sleep. last night and tonight, so far so good. i am keeping myself from returning late so i can put her to bed max at 8pm..that prevents her from getting over stimulated and i find sleeping comes easier then...well done for Charlotte! i suppose the worst is over for you! :D

Mie >> All ok? what did the PD say?

xoxo: i'm staying at kensington area. very residential and a convenient location. Spring is not yet here. London was snowy a few weeks ago. But now, it's starting to be rainy - maybe it is the start of spring... Yuning always wears a thick pram suit when she goes out. She normally gets 3-4 layers of clothes on before going out! What a hassle... How did u manage to work if Audrey only takes BF and no bottle? I'm trying to figure that out. It's so tough being away from home without the help of the grandparents! And nannies in london are so expensive.

shugar: i had a good laugh reading ur post. your friend must really have gotten a bad shock to see her daughter eat that mouthful of sand... i can imagine how frantic i would have felt too. but reading about it is so funny.

silver bellz: I had the same problem with yuning (19 wks) too. She sometimes had a preference for a particular side. So I would feed her on that side first, and then switch halfway when she is into the drinking mood. Her feeding time is getting shorter and shorter as she grows, cos she takes more in 1 mouthful now. Yuning went through a period where she changed her feeding habit and fed for a very short time, and only on 1 breast. But she's back to both now. I think it's just a passing phase for your baby. Monitor her weight weekly. If it drops a lot, then it may become a concern, and you may have to take her to the pd. If you feel too uncomfortable and engorged, just express some out to ease the pain.

rooster & moo, sweetzinc & jRRT: My girl also pulled at my nipples and bit them with her gums when she was distracted at feeding! It was so frustrating for me. She would smile as if it was really fun. I know this may sound silly, but I would talk to her about it in an adult fashion, and have her try latching on again. If she continued with the biting, I would talk to her again, take her off, and put her on the bed for about 5 - 10 minutes, just to let her know that she will not get any food if she bites. Luckily, that actually worked for me... =) I read from baby centre that u shld always take ur baby away from your breast for a while to let her know that it is not right to bite. It's some behavioral conditioning thingy. I hope it'll work for u girls.

elly >> yeah! i know abt the freak weather..amanda lamb was telling me that~she was in singapore two weeks back? she has a gorgeous 10mo girl who has just started walking and the extra clothings made it hard to balance..funny clip of this little girl bobbing in thick winter wear....and i thought it was sheer craziness that london is snowing..hope i isn't too wet and chilly still..i used to live in the rather scratchy waterloo area..at lambeth north actually. u kinda make me all nostalgic! heh. nowadays i am always trying hard to flash parts of my life before i'd this baby..realised i have forgotten many parts of my life..almost as if things that used to happen..never did, or they were forgotten completely and i am "at loss" to cling on to such memories..what would we do without photos right?

how do i manage working...with total latching? well, i have to clarify that i do not work in the traditional sense. i do not have a fixed hr or location that i've to show up and do stuff. my job is pretty much ad-hoc, and that gives me some amt of flexibility to plan when i am in an engagement. i deal with the media and cover events, news that sort of thing. nonetheless, i got quite a fair bit of research, admin and other miscellaneous comms stuff that i am always trying to catch up with at night after she sleeps. so marathon latchings will indeed tire me out like it did a couple days back. having said that, my line of work is unforgiving and definitely not child-friendly. most folks there are abt the b******** u would meet and they won't tolerate me hvg these clandestine flyaways to attend to a feed. so i would see how it pans out for the next couple of mths. originally, i have decided to be a 100% SAHM. then the expenses were gg crazier by the minute and the savings i thought i would have seems insufficient plus i had offers to freelance that were too lucrative to ignore. temptations lah. but after these couple of wks when things are getting more "arrested" i think i might really still be able to do without work for awhile...though for 2 such accts that don't need me working my a** out, i think i might just keep them just to have a life other than home, hubby and baby..trying hard to find a balance.

my gf who's singaporean, married irish hired a malaysian in SG and flew her to london to be a nanny. i can't imagine how u cope. the food??? oh my...as for the thicker clothes for yuning..diaper changes? poo attacks? i am sure u have a load to tell us!

xoxo,
haha... just realised forum isn't blocked in office. so just a quick post. this week is induction week. so its quite light. plus, the rest of my team are out on biz, holiday or sick. haha... so am shaking leg here at the moment while feeling my way around.
happy.gif

elly,
hey! been wondering how you were doing since u dont have much help over there in london. good to hear u'r doing great.
happy.gif

PY,
saw my watsapp? yah. i think for now we wont have another dog lah. not in the near future. the wounds still quite raw after fifi left. whats more, if i adopt another one, then my mum wants to bring charcoal home how?

Elly: my gal doesnt hav a preference for breasts but lately jus settle for 1. She would only take in a few mouthfuls of the other breast when I try to push my nipple into her mouth when she's drowsy. I always express out both breasts after every feeding so as to increase supply. Been giving her 2-3 bottles to ensure she has enuff. u tink dat's a gd idea?

xoxo: I cant help but agree with u dat few babies can b efficient with both breasts and bottle. It lies with the diff in milk flow in our breasts compared to constant flow in bottles.

xoxolight : Monday onwards he 6-7hrs take 4oz.And this morning before send him to babysitter he drink 5.5oz.

glass: I haven weight him yet..23/2 go for 2nd injection then weight see got increase or not.

xoxo>> the PD says is due to heat and sweat, plus dust.. he gave us another cream to apply, and also this potassium permanganate crystals to mix with water to wipe her rash areas after bath. but he said as long as there is construction going on, the rash wun go away completely.. so i guess my poor baby has to bear with all this until the lift upgrading is completed.
sad.gif

Re weighing of baby

I think it's a waste of money to get a baby weighing scale. Someone mentioned this method, and it works pretty well for me!

Weigh yourself on a digital weighing scale for adults. Then weigh yourself and baby (by carrying him). Just find the difference between the two and you get a pretty good estimate of your baby's weight.

lucas: I think their patterns keep changing. I don't have any advice for you though. Maybe others can help.

Just brought my baby for the 4th month injection.

Asked doc about smelly baby, he said it's alright, since it's due to perspiration. Babies perspire a lot to regulate their temperature. Just hope he outgrows it.

He also talked about weaning. He asked whether my family has a history of allergies and even though I have no confirmed allergies, I think I do have minor ones. Anyway, I answered yes, and he told me to start weaning at 6th months.

silver bellzz
nope, my girl is not a premmie. she was delivered at 39W4D. She's a full term baby. Shortly aft she turned 1 mth when i realised tt she was under-feeding (her weight gain is not ideal then), i let her take EBM 3 times a day (fed by other family members) while i latch her at all other times. this method worked and she gained weight satisfactorily since then. i hv acknowledged the fact tt she is a petite baby and she will probably not b chubby like her brother. I spot her thighs filling up alrdy and i am happy to see tt she's filling up her clothes and outgrowing her diaper size. babies r always chgg their habits & "patterns"... so i've come to terms wif it and stop feeling miserable abt it liao.

Elly
no, i dun think its silly of u to talk to ur girl in an adult way. in fact i do this to mine as well. U'll b surprise tt it works coz I do feel it works on my girl at times.

lucas,
mine oso decreasing her appetite.... worse is her intake is only 120ml... and she is decreasing her appetite. OMG... i dunno wat to make out of this. but since i cant force feed her, i try to take it easily. my mum is the one hvg a headache since she feeds her EBM. she juz try her best to feed as much as how much my girl can take it. and she tries. 4 me, i latch her so cant tell how much she drinks. i understd tt this "phenomenon" is common amongst babies of our age so there isnt much to worry abt and there is nothing we can do. as long as she still grows and is healthy, i dun bother too much abt it liao.
I latch and pat my girl to sleep! all the bad sleep associations... i dun care lah. anyway wif my son, he outgrew all these bad sleep associations on his own... so i figured they will eventually "wean" themselves off lah.

xoxolight
i am gg to join ur league of putting up "curtains" and using clothes peg in the car liao. RN is so irritated by the nursing bib now, if she is not in her curiousity mood. when i brought her 4 her jab yest and was nursing her under the bib, she was frantically crying and waving her hands at the bib tt i almost risked indecent exposure. argh! and wif the CNY coming and the long list of visitations, i am seriously wondering how i will manage the entire day like tt. moreover since she cant empty breasts, i hv to definitely lug my pump along as well! I haven sat down and seriously plan the logistics. i dun even wan to start planning. and the horrid humid weather does not help at all! she sweat, i sweat -everyone gets irritated! HEADACHE!

siangjiao
so far RN's highest record was not pooing for 7-8 days. i juz kept massaging her tummy aft bath times and wiping down sessions. and according to PD, as long as her poos' colour (mustard yellow) and texture (soft and gooey) is right, there is no issue. and coz they r growing up now, they will absorb the nutrients and not passing motion everyday is fine.

Mommy tien,

I came back to work on Mon. Many colleagues said I put on so much weight. I was really sad and hope to lose weight soon. I had been bf-ing for the last 3 mths, still didnt lose much weight.. in fact I put on weight. Haiz.. hope I can regain my pre-preg weight.. really depressing
sad.gif

Hi Li Fong,
dun fuss too much abt weight loss. Some of us take more time to shed e fats, as in our bodies may not be ready to shed fats yet. Dun lose heart. N dun count your calories if u r still bfing.

Jrrt: talk abt bad sleep associations. My son is holding me "ransom" een during nap times. I feel like kicking myself in the a**. he was stayin at my mum place last week n sleeps in the yaolan. So when he returned home, he refuses to nap or sleep even tho he is obviously tired. After tring rocking, patting etc, I realized taking him for a walk makes him sleep in 10min. I did that for two days and when I decided not to continue to do so, he cried like crazy. His voice is now hoarse, so I dun really want to let him cry it out. Can someone tell me what I can do? Or what Tracy Hoggs or GF recommends? Am at wits end cos I dun really wan to take him for a walk at 10.30pm jus to make him sleep

hi folks,

brought my son to the PD after he had not pooed and at the same time his nose was stuffed. We were chided by the Dr for our heroism and that we should have seeked help after 5 days max of constipation. For a simple reason, stools harden over time and stools are toxin, not meant to be kept in the body for long. We were also advised to give 1-2 oz of water everyday and can also start on prune juice. Andre's 4 months by the way. A supository was insered into his butt and within an hour, he was making poo like a softee ice-cream machine. Hubby and I were squealing in delight. Anyway, the stuffed nose got to him and he developed a fever. We gave him the nasal drops and paracetamol prescribed by the Dr. We also avoided air-con that night (the first night Andre actually slept in a non air con room, he was pretty good and slept thru the night). The dr says that his decreased appetite could have been caused either by the constipation (no more space for food), or stuffed nose (difficulty breathing). Now that he has more or less recovered, his feedings are back with a vengence (i think to make up for the lost days). Downside is, mummy is the one down with the bug now. I feel so lethargic and my ss went down. Hardly in the mood to pump so i just take out my frozen EBM.

Hi Elly: Kensington. That's a very nice, classy and posh district. Hubby and i walked that area when we were in London last year and thought how nice it is to be staying there.
happy.gif

breast preference: My left boob is like the unwanted forsaken child. It seldom gets engorged and Andre always prefer the faster flowing, harder right boob. Actually, everytime when i pump, i also prefer the right boob cos the yield and flow is much faster. But i still take extra time to pump the LB, hopefully overtime, it will slowly catch up with her more efficient sister.

hi vodkarib,

just happened to read your post and thought i might share with you how i put my baby to sleep. she was colicky when younger and found it very difficult to get to sleep as well.
what i did was to buy one of those big exercise balls, hold baby in my arms and bounce on the ball. that's the only thing that calms her up to today and settles her to sleep when she can't do it on her own. and i don't have to walk around the house for hours like crazy...
might be worth a shot, since the motion is similar to yaolan. hope u find a solution soon because i know how trying it is with a baby who won't sleep!

hi mummies! didn't post for a long time... m super busy trying to cope with a baby & supervising a P1 kid without the help of my hubby. it's relly amazing & challenging helping a kid to ease into P1. it's so different frm my time...gosh i'm getting old!

siangjiao,
glad that Andrea is better now. can I check with u how much paracetamol we r suppose to give for the baby? 2ml?

xoxo: yes, it was just crazy to have so much snow in london last month! when were u in london? i'm missing working life so much! left my job before i relocated to london 1.5yrs ago and now i m a full time mum. it's a hell of a job. But at least it is gratifying. i do hope to rejoin the workforce some time this year. Keeping my fingers crossed that yuning will learn to take the bottle and cup soon. u can add me on facebook - ong seow wei elly.

hippo: i m turning into a Huang Lian Po very soon... don't even have time for a haircut! terrible man.. i was just browsing through the Oct 2009 mummies facebook group and came across the photos u posted on ur acct for your baby. She is so adorable!! plenty of hair and very pretty smile! I luv her in that small swimming tub. I also realised that we have a common fren outside this forum. How did u know Mark Lim? He was my former colleague.

it's madness bringing up a baby in london, away from the support of the grandparents and affordable domestic help. I get a cleaner in every week so that my place doesn't look like a mad house. And just today, I have decided to get a part time nanny in. She is 10 pounds per hr, so she'd better be good. She is now playing with Yuning so that I have the time to sit here and type this long msg! ha! it feels good.

silver bellz: it's good that u r expressing milk out to keep your supply up. But be careful not to overdo it, cos that may cause your breast to produce more than what is needed by your baby. And that will pose a problem of engorgement later when u intend to stop breastfeeding.

Siangjiao: Yes, kensington is a very nice area to live in! But the apartments in this area are all so small. We won't have much space at home for Yuning when she starts to crawl etc.

NEW LIGHT ON BREASTFEEDING!

Can u all believe it? I think i have oversupply of BM. HAha... interesting...

All thanks to xoxo... :D

Ever since i dropped the number of fm feeds from 5 per day to 1 to 2 per day, i noticed that angel has dark green poo.. and very little peee... also, i'm latching her almost every hr.. i felt she lost some weight too.

apparently, there's foremilk and hindmilk imbalance.. too much foremilk in my case. low fat and high lactose milk causing her to feel hungry easily and to poo dark green stools. high lactose can cause gassiness too..

way to do:
latch on one side for as long as baby likes. if baby is hungry within 2 to 3 hrs, continue to latch on the same side and pump out the other side to prevent engorgement or blocked ducts..

so now, i'm wondering if my decision to try tbf is right.

1) + I'm now very assured that there's MORE THAN ENOUGH milk in my boobies.
2) - I caused Angel to CIO and then lose some weight over the last few days.. heartpain..

this evening..i walked into the kitchen and was scratching my head. how come there is a VIA cup full of milk staring at me? has my HB gone nuts trying to give her a feed via the bottle? when was the last time he did that? (nearly a mth ago)..hmmm...so i called out to him..no, he wasn't preparing a feed. babe is full and asleep. yeah..so how did this VIA cup came to be.

ahhh..so silly me..i'd forgotten to store this cup of expressed milk! it's been sitting and probably rotting the whole day on the kitchen top..i've just reached a new level of goondu-ness...congrats to myself...

hippo >> why am I picturing yr room assignment sys being full of "Jxx Txx"? heehee..how's it going for min? it's the weekend v soon and u can then spend more time with her!

keroppi >> another way is to see if they have the requisite number of diapers per day to tell if they are taking sufficient amounts..

mie >> i am also living with the lift upgrading. air purifiers in her play room and our bed room. windows completely shut. darn! is she better after applying this new cream and the K?

glass >> you so cute..."smelly baby"..yeah, my girl is also "smelly"..perspires so much! i need to bring her for a haircut soon..it looks so easy i was thinking of cutting on my own but i am so aware that her daddy will be furious if his precious looks weird and i don't have great arts and crafts hands...

jRRt >> my curtain just changed from a dark grey one today to a cream one..then i realised..not a good idea..with the lights switched on in the car, it's pretty translucent! so do choose a dark "curtain" hyak hyak..

toh li fong >> don't be depressed..go for saunas? i read somewhere that we tend to have water retention which can be eased in this way?

elly >> i don't rem london ever having snow! was in london a decade back for my studies. is it a permanent relocation on yr part? the toughest part of TBF has got to be the commitment to always being there for the babe without ever having a compromise on yr ability to take even a moment away...at least on my part that is what i see...hope u have a good support sys going where u are. london has a way of making me feel v lonely when i was there. used to take the southwest all the way to somerset to visit my aunt for the weekends just so that i could have a singapore-style chinese meal...

duracell >> ends justify the means for u? if u are seeing new light which i think u are...then, perhaps, angel would very quickly make up e weight she has lost... CIO...haiz, at some pt we all make this blunder or this necessary evil..don't be too hard on yrself...

xoxo: yes.. a blunder or not, i really don't know... haiz..seeing the pd today. will bomb him with tons of questions. and i hope angel's jab will not be affected by the weight loss.
sad.gif
you know, the name Angel really suits her to a 100%.

Sotong mum : PD prescribed baby with 2.5ml. But the amt is by baby's weight so you better check with your PD. Our babies are still so young, so better not self-administer.

HI mummies!

MUMMY JOY!!! Welcome to the thread!! Hahah we are in the same thread again!! Princess D made it in time for Oct in the end!! Don't despair. Let's jia you together!! I am still far far away from my target!! But trying to look at it possitively. My fall down the stairs gave me a new perspective! Big butts are good!! Hahahah...I actually did not suffer any other serious injuries other than blue black on my big butt...muahahahha...so I have decided to embrace my trademark!

Anyone is still welcoming new members to the 'wake up at 3 am to feed notti babies' club???? My 'ge ge' (yx new nic -- namesake for 'princess' in qing dynasty) has suddenly decided to feed in the middle of the nite for 2 nites straight!!??? And she has been giving me blissful sleeps since she was 8 weeks!! Best part? She didn't cry at all!! She woke me up by slamming her thunder legs and thighs so loudly. Not forgetting her crooning. What's even more infuriating? When I go and check on her, she gave me a damn BIG smile??!!%$*#@*%*&# The 1st time she did that, I suspect it's because she slept at 9.30pm but yesterday nite she slept at 11pm!!! DREADING....Don't want to be in owl club...

xoxo: Goondu club is open for new members registration. Want to join? I want to be chairperson. Really feel that I am getting more and more blur and goon du since pregnancy till now...ARGH!! Need to take fish oil!

Sotong_mum: Jia you! You my idol lor! coping everthing on your own. Here at my mum's, I have my mum, the maid and sometimes my sister and yet I am screaming for freedom!!

morning all,

So tired to come to work everyday wish I can stay at home.

Talk abt Goondu, yty went to lunch with my colleague and I was calling home talking to my boy. Suddenly when I walk I discover my Handphone is not on my right hand. I got so shock and ask my colleague where is my handphone and my colleague got shock also. End up my handphone is on my left hand at my ear cos I am still talking to my boy over the phone!!!! My colleague was wau piang you trying to be funny ah......

JRRT : Not pooed for 7-8 days? I was nagged daily when my baby has not poo for the 3rd days

My gal has not poo for 5 days despite the massage and cycling method. Hubby was very concerned and kip nagging me. He insisted that I din not eat enough fruits, thus baby "constipated". He stuffed me with apples and oranges on Tuesday night, surprisingly, baby pooed on wednesday morning and he was so elated.

Now hubby believe his method works, and he is stuffing me with lots of fruits for 2 nights ler.

But I raised my concern to hubby :why TBF baby cannot poo is mummy's problem? How about those babies who are on FM, where are they going to get the fiber from if they do not poo for several days.

sunnyling: It's just like people asking where their specs are when they are right on top of the nose! You power man!

Xoxo: don't cut your baby's hair, if not she will grow up to have low self esteem like what my mother did to me with her ugly cutting of my fringe!!!!

But I'm also tempted to cut off a few strands that are far too long compared to the rest of the hair. hee hee!

loke: yup, i also had more milk after I decreased the FM from first month.

Back