(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

Aiyoh!!! PY thanks for alerting on the worms in HT! I finished one box already and am using the oat one for b'fast. Argh!!! Wonder if I shld throw away? Anyway I notice that the brown rice cereal has been OOS for some time at several stores.

Vodkarib: The organic food shop at paragon sells happy bellies. Or try Bellamys, but theirs is not brown rice it is normal white rice. Sucks up a lot of water.

Amelie has a cold and it has been miserable. Lots of crying, screaming and vomitting today. Oh gosh.

gal^ : When he bite, don't pull your nip off as it will hurt your nip. Push your breast against his face, he will open up his mouth.

py : Happy bellies got plastic smell? I find it ok leh. I like happy bellies because it never fails to get lele to poo. Whenever he constipate because of the puree i gave, i will give him his cereal and poo poo will come real soon.

Shucks this morning when I was in my kitchen, the aight of my leftover HT cereals on the counter jus makes me think "yucks yucks yucks" but but but there r no worms I c inside. Shld I jus continue?!?!? Super leh chey to change brand..

Birthday bash can count me in? I haven't met any one of u yet!!

dreamygal : hmm.. (if) i latch.. will keep that in mind. thanks lots.

vodkarib : think certain batch only ba. :S we just got to watch out when we dish out the cereal. mine so far look okay.

funzee : vomitting?? got c doc?

Hmmm no worms doesn't mean no eggs leh... The eggs must be present before they turn into worms lol.

Sigh yah the brown rice is oos in several stores.. Hmm any other brands to recommed?

hi ladies,

my 6mth bb has been cpughing with phelgm. has seen doc n given her medicine but phelgm still there. do u all has any solution to clear the phelgm? anyone heard of giving chuan bei mix with barley?

Hello mummies,

I have a silent reader in this thread for as long as how old my gal is. She is also a Oct 2009 baby.
Last time very busy cos need to juggle with work and 2 kids. Now being a SAHM mum for almost 3 months.

Can i join the birthday bash? By the way any SAHM mummies staying in CCK area here?

Hi X,

You can go to Eu Ren Sheng, buy the bao ying dan. Its chinese medicine powder a box of 6. Just mix with water give ur baby. I also do the same to both my children when they have cough. I feel its quite effective.

Hi mommies! Hope you had a good weekend.

Cereals>> Oh no!! That's really disgusting!! I have a box of HT oats and I wonder what to do with it now...dare not even open the box. The other brand which I used is the Earth's Best cereals. Must pay more attention to the contents these days!!

DH >> I just found out from my mum that my DH stole monies from her wallet!! Good grief!! I prided myself at being a good employer but this behaviour is so bad! And my husband is travelling and I'm a full time working mum. Both of us are in a foreign land and my mum is here only temporarily. This is so distressing! How can I trust her now?

X : Josh has been coughing badly for 18 day
sad.gif
went to pd 2 times,last one said that maybe cause allergic to dust. So must get rid of carpets n soft toy

Jacelyn : I'm staying at bt.batok not very far from CCK right (if I'm not wrong). I'm also sahm
happy.gif

X : ya with phelgm, n it disturbed his sleep
sad.gif
at first pd gave prospan n now gave zyrtec. Still coughing though

Jacelyn : once Josh is clear from his sick,would love to meet up
happy.gif

X,jacelyn: in case if ur kid is g6pd deficient (like mine).. Bao ying Dan is a NO NO medicine. I asked eu yan sang before. Jus sharing for benefit of mums w g6pd kids. I got a lost of Chinese medicine which is no no

vodkarib : my son also g6pd deficient. his teething now don know can buy teeth gel to apply or not? have any advise? coz some of my friend ask me chinese medical hall buy but he cant take chinese medi

hello mommies,
wah, so many started on solid liao? I still haven't started on Naia. Went to NTUC to look for heinz brand. wah, no stock ah..

btw, any babies started to clap hands on cue already? Naia just did today! i'm so lousy cos even though I'm a mummy of 2, I have no idea when my elder girl start to clap hands on cue..haha..

PY,
I sent in my order late last night. I hope still in time. Do check your email.

Gemson: not sure but since teething gel is usually western manufactured.. U can chkthe ingredients against the list of western medicine not allowed? I wld think spiffies etc is ok.
My mum gave my boy gripe water to relief uneasiness, he is ok w it. Gripe water is fine (according to my web search)
I can email u the list of Chinese med to avoid which I also researched frm the web... Jus avoid all Chinese med that has pearl powder.

aria jo : what is clap on que? my boy haven clap hand. slam feet have :p

gemson/vodkarib : hmm.. i am using Dentinox teething gel. Is that okay?

Ho Angelina & lydiagal, thanks for the concern. Amelie saw PD yest, vomitted only later in the afternoon and night. Think too much crying and too tired. She basically vomitted her meds. It's not been restful for the past 3 nights. Luckily got my helper to help. I am using the Eu Yan Sang bao ying dan in addition to the western meds, separated by 4-5 hours. Bao ying dan is supposed to help with the phelgm. My MIL said that A was doing well this afternoon when I was at work. A always seems to be doing well when I am not at home. So demoralising for me.

For the mummies with babies who have a cold, try chicken soup. Apparently A loved it for her dinner (a study has shown that people recover faster from a cold if they drink ckn soup).

Aria j: wah, your baby v advanced. Thot clapping only comes much later at 8 or 9 months?

Today A pooed on me while I was trying to bathe her. Solid, smelly poo. Funny and gross at the same time. Hahaha.

Gal: yr baby ok nw? If in doubt better see pd. My gal was feverish although din run high temp , I still brought her to see pd. Pd says she gt throat inflammation n sensitive nose gave her medi for nose n her nausea.
Now she is better but alot of phlegm cos I can see when she vomit.

Any mummies gt any idea if phlegm is due to milk powder she is drinking nw?

EH.. I can help source for venues. One of the venues i had in mind was ALOHA chalets for my girl's 1yr old bday. Hehehe.. The biggest problem with ALOHA is.... Changi ones are MUCH bigger BUT are further in (within old changi hospital area.. if that is a concern to some). Pasir Ris de also need transport to go in.. but got swimming pool lo.

http://www.aloharesorts.com.sg/

Or we have extra $$ can try those mini gyms :p

gal^: You are not alone! My Angelyne also like to bite me while bf, especially after finishing her meal, she think i teething toy -.-' That only happens during the day. When she wake up @ night for half hour, she normally will suckle til she fall aslp (bad habit i know) But she wun bite. Oh.. and she now has 2 half grown teeth T_T Bite got marking de!

Gal,
Naia will clap her hands when we say "clap clap hands" .. Meaning she doesn't do it randomly but following instruction :p

Funzee,
oh really? Haha see la. I totally forgot abt baby milestones. I guess usually mommy of 2 are v relax n bochap.

Py,
thanks
happy.gif

Angelina, my gal was givin zyrtec but mainly for her sensitive nose. Not sure she finds the med awful, she will vomit out aft first taste initially. In turn when she vomit, we can see got alot of phlegm. So at least the phlegm is vomitted out.

I m wondering could it be partly due to milk powder. We shall hope our babies get well soon.

Hi mummies, how much is your baby milk intake recently?? My boy milk intake had cut down so much and really make me headache. Can I have the schedule of your baby milk intake? Anyone cut down some feed due to intro of solid?

Gina,gal^: Same thing happens to me too. My girl will bite after she is done. I've asked my friends about it and they say got to scold her lor.

Gal : My son juz started feel frustration of pop out 2teeths in a time. I haven use any gel or him yet..I juz let him use the teeth toys for him to bite.

vodkarib : tat the point, chinese medi is out cannot take 100%, even western also need to see the ingredients. Not dare to any how buy from pharmacy. So at this moment i use teeth toys for him lor..Oh gripe water can ease pain? Ya i got check with PD before gripe water is fine for G6PD. But i don know can ease pain for teeth hahaha...thks

Hi mummies
Been MIA for a long time. Needed to spend my last few days with YX before I returned to work.

Well it's day 2 at work. Not much work actually. Cos of the period I chose to return and my job nature, I guess. next week will start all the vigorous marking.

Been expressing at work. Very thankful that there's a room for nursing mums at my work place. But just day 2, can see supply dwindling. Time to down all the mum's milk tea and frenugeek again.

My girl has been constipated since mum started her on porridge. Had to forgo cereal because she is showing signs of rejecting it 2 weeks back. Dunno why...she was ok in the beginning but suddenly decided not to take it anymore. Interestingly, she takes porridge very well. Cooked in meat stock and blended with carrots and she loves it. Problem is she can't poop!! And her tummy round round and hard hard...think indigestion...agree with dreamygal that happy bellies is good to make her poop but she doesnt want to eat it anymore....

Sigh...actually I am pretty bored here...hahaha

Tien>my boy also showing boredom with cereal. Either becos he had a taste of biscuits which r sweet.. Or he is jus bored. Maybe ishld ask my mum start cook porridge.

My boy now loves to play with the cot railing!! I tried scolding him but he is still playing with it. It's freaking mr out cos am afraid he will wake up early mining n stick his limbs in between the bars.. What if kena stuck??
Any advice?

Mums, any idea where to bring ur kids to play in the evening? Cause gogo bambini n gymboree closed at 6.30 n 7.30
I'm looking for a place where Josh can play with me,while hb has his own dinner

gemson/vodkarib : how did you find out ur bb had G6PD ? during checkup PD mention?

vodkarib : hee.. my boy oso like the railing. somedays he will grab let go grab let go the railing and still hold the rail to sleep :p my boy often get his legs stuck le :p but he will cry out loud to call for help. So far it only happened during the daytime.

tien : ur ML so long ?
happy.gif
shiok neh!

sunnyling : my bb intake is now 7oz. He still seem okay with milk. but lately he keep stopping and grumbling at 5-6oz. have to coax him or let him play a while (re-warm the milk) then feed him again. Find that he likes warm milk. Not warm...he dun wan.

tien: elgin has the same problem. very bad constipation after taking porridge.
he had suppository inserted 1 week ago, after haven't pooped for 6 days, then he pooped the entire day, everywhere.
after that, he didn't poo again for 6 days, so doc gave me suppository to insert. I think i didn't do a good job, so the reaction was slow, 1 day later, and he has been shitting bit by bit.
looks like plasticine.

So now I'm giving him lots of fruits, ranging from pear, apply to papaya. some are heinz, some we just mashed it up. plus i'm reducing the porridge given, and no carrots (carrots more than twice a week may lead to constipation).

He's still passing out rather sticky stools. Sigh.
I hope I don't have to depend on medicine

hi all, I remember reading somewhere, not sure here or on facebook, about someone getting a gadget to make puree for only $3.90 from isetan. That's in my memory and I really cannot remember where I've seen it. I tried searching through the archives but I didn't find it.

I went to Isetan on Saturday but I didn't see anything that resembles a puree maker for that price!

Can anyone enlighten me or is it my mind playing tricks on me?

Thanks!

glass : ya someone got put in facebook. oso rem that another person shared saw the same thing in Daiso? i went daiso to look for it but...coz my MIL with me >.< wah.. i quickly left daiso else will b questioned for everything i see or want to buy :S

hi mommies
i didn't intro porridge for my elder girl till she was abt 9 months and she doesn't have bad constiplation. could it be intro porridge too earlier since our babies just abt 6 months old? wondering is it because the intestine muscle not well developed to move these solids to the rectum?

vodkarib,
did you put cot bumper around the railings?

aria jo: i suspect it could be the reason, though this was what the doc recommended.
hence, i'm cutting down on the amount of porridge he gets, and give him more heinz products with fruits and add bm.

gal/glass> yeah mathilda got it from isetan and i saw the same thing at daiso lol. it's a normal white colour plastic round thingy with a rough center (pop up)

if it's in daiso, can get it from the kitchen section.

Glass: *waves* hihi ! it's me!! :p hahahhaha I got it from the household section at isetan scotts.
But if can find it at daiso... hehe then its cheaper! :p

shugar, can upload the photo or tell me the link? i want to see how it looks like. was at scotts, but the sales people couldn't help me.
daiso in sembawang, a bit far for me.

Hi,

My gal also seems to reject cereal. I tried to change to another type of cereal she also reject. Now only take the Nestle brown rice cereal.

Back