(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

sunnyling : ic. i saw oct mummies post their bb photo look chubby and so cute. after i seeing i always tell myself when is my javier turn. hahaha silly mummy rite?

Vodkarib : one day hubby n 1 bring my son out shopping, juz happen saw my neighbour, she juz said Hi!! boy boy he cry so loud...wah both of us don know wat to do then faster run to car park go home...

hi mummies - long time did not login... isabella is now 68cm and weighs 8.8kg as of last Fri...PD did not comment that she is over weight, so i guess so far so good then....
She will be 6 months old this coming 25th...and will start her on the cereal and puree.

Diana - Was running through the posts and wow the lobang is good huh...I am also keen to get the porridge cooker that you bought at Robinsons. Will go check out this weekend.

Anyone bringing your little ones to classes, like Kindermuzik, Gymboree?

Feifei: ebm for
1) room temperature (19-22'c) - 10hrs
2) in a refrigerator (0-4'c) - 8 days
3) in a freezer compartment inside fridge - 2 wks
4) in a freezer compartment with a separate door - 3 to 4 months
5) in a separate deep freezer (-19'c)- 6 months or longer

my bb been drinking my ebm from Jan, n she is fine. I kept them in deep freezer but xfer to fridge to defrost them. But once defrost, ebm need to consume in within 24 hrs. Hope this is helpful for those who look for answer...

<font color="aa00aa"> thanks alexis. yes, I was following this one. asher drank 7 days old milk in the fridge. no problem. drank 3 months old milk before, no issue.
happy.gif

ASHM, happy shopping.
happy.gif
your girl is TALL, she falls in the 90-97% percentile. Asher is 6 mo 1 week. 8.6kg (75%) and 70cm(90%).</font>

<font color="aa00aa">tht's 3 weeks apart, belle very well fed
happy.gif

I was sharing with the doc about his losing interest in milk as I intro semi solids, doc agree with me, so now, I am feeding 180mls 3x with 2 solids a day. was feeding him 240mls. doc told me drinking too much milk, baby will be very chubby, which is not so good ( read: fat)</font>

Diana - I guess FM will be fatter vs EBM...Bella is now on 180ml of FM every 4 hours and she sleeps through at night. Am thinking to give her 1 solid for a start and slowly increase to twice a day. But no worries on them being fat cos they will lose it eventually as they grow. My son was very chubby when he was a baby, and now i wish he could eat more! He is still drinking milk pretty much throughout the whole day...
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa"> agree, that's why the doc said, feeding baby, not right or wrong, every child is different. I remember giving 180mls 4-5x a day then he cried for more after 180mls so my relatives asked me if I wanna increase, I tried 240mls and he finished all in less than 15 min! and the feed lasted him 5 hours or so. he sleeps thru the night since 8 weeks old so minus the sleeping hours, I only get to feed him 3x a day, bcos most of the time, he naps thru his feeding time by 1 hour. then i intro solids in between, like every mom, I am afraid not feeding enough/starve him as all told me not to disturb baby when he is asleep, which I agree, asher is a happy boy most of the time (enough sleep, enough feed).

now that he loves his porridge, puree more than his milk, after 180mls, the remaining took us more than 30 min to coax. I hope I am making the right decision to feed him 180mls now.
happy.gif
</font>

you are doing perfectly fine!
happy.gif
And it is true that no need to wake the baby up for milk if he/she is sleeping...bella is also a happy baby because she has enough sleep and feeds...heehee, she always smile but will cry big time when she is hungry
happy.gif

the problem with FB is that i dont have time to load the photos and hardly go into it...ok let me sort it out and add you on my FB ya... I am a FTWM so seldom come in to the thread....
happy.gif

I guess we learn from mistakes and i must say motherhood is a long learning curve.

Now we worry about if we give enough milk/food to them, when they go to school, we will worry if they can catch up with the rest in the class, when they go into secondary school, we worry if they will mix with the wrong companies....just so many things to worry as a mum
lol.gif

Thanks Mrs Neo! Got it. We don't qualify. hahahaha! Darn.

I agree with ASHM and Diana. I wished I found this website earlier and learn from the experienced mommies here. I'm a first time mom and pretty much alone in another location and the support I found here is fantastic.

Just to share my experience - Max developed very bad colic from week 3 and will cry like clockwork from 8pm onwards. I was physically and emotionally exhausted. We had to carry and rock him to ease his pains. And he never developed the sleeping through the nights either. I tried feeding him as best as I could, but because he's colicky, I was scared sh**less about him developing reflux. He did throw up his feeds sometimes. Those were my dark days and I cried buckets. Now, its better, but he still is very inconsistent with napping and sleeping through. But I have consoled myself that at least he's healthy. Will be nice to get to know a supportive community though!! Sorry for boring you with this. Just felt like sharing.

And the experience I have so far is some days, my little bubba will take 180ml, some days he struggle with 60ml, some days can take 210ml hands down. My PD told me, just look at average...don't focus on per feed, otherwise I will go bonkers. hahahahaha

Py: not tat I knw of any promo nw. But if u want, can go to rivervale plaza. There is a shop opp kfc selling cheaper than cold storage aft their discount.

Py / Vankel : U can get cheaper price for diaper like huggies but mostly is L &amp; XL size, even the formula milk also cheaper than NTUC n Cold Storage.Jin Tai Tong Chinese Medicine Shop. Sengkang Rivervale Plaza,Pasir Ris &amp; Tampines got branch too.

diana: My gal has the same bdae as your boy! She's 9kg now, and height not yet measured cos only gg to PD next week.

PY/Vankel: i always buy my diapers and formula from the Jin Tai Tong shop. Mamy Poko is going for $14.60 as compared to $16++ in major supermarkets.

Diaper lobang

Thanks for sharing the lobang! will check them out soon! anyway NTUC having promo for pampers now. i just bought 2 active baby 68pcs for $45.85. Diana told me it's the cheapest deal in town! haha!
happy.gif

gal: Yah.. although she accepts the paci, but somehow she still prefer me to the paci haha.. these few days she managed to go to lala land by herself.. that was when she was really really tired.
happy.gif

EBM in fridge:
WAH can keep up to 7 or 8 days ?! i tot in fridge the max only 24 hours?

sometimes i forgot and i missed it.. and end up it goes to the dog.. if really can keep up till that long then i wont need to give the dog
happy.gif

rashes around the face/mouth

any babies with the above symptom?
Kaelyn broke out in rashes around the mouth area, not sure if its due to the excessive saliva (due to teething) or food allergy? starting weaning 2 weeks ago with rice cereal and fruit puree.

niemweis : Yes I think that is the shop name. Jus can't remember it name. Jus that the manufacture location is diff. But i think the rest shld be the same as NTUC or cold Storage.

glass: how do you treat the rashes? i dun feel comfortable applying anything near the mouth area...
sad.gif

currently using a clean wet cloth to dab clean her as much as i can.

Hi mummies
Havent been posting much here but have been reading. Hee...now popping in to say hi!

PY: The pampers deal is really good! Cheapest by far. Problem is I got 5 M-sized packs sitting in the storeroom already. Feel so cheated by the expo and NTUC. It just gets cheaper and cheaper. Maybe will stock up on the L sized one.

Re Stranger Anxiety
My yx is also showing obvious signs of this. No longer the super friendly baby whom everyone can carry. Kinda sad. She cries when she sees my MIL and FIL. Funny thing is she is ok with my SIL although same as my MIL and FIL, she sees her only once a week. Also I notice she is showing gender preference. She prefers to be friendly to females hahahah...everytime a man tries to carry her, she will start pouting.

Re: Social obligation
Sigh I am also torn in this. Last sat went dinner with ILs and BB Kay was so tired from the sobbing (cos' MIL kept wanting to try carrying her even though she knows YX will cry) and laughing as a result, she was so over-stimulated (din help that she took a nap at 9pm and 10pm), that she slept at 1.30am! Really dun like the idea of returning home so late. But then again, can't be help, afterall ILs only sees her once a week. Just that I end up the tired one cos she will be always looking for me when she got upset by my ILs' carrying. I am always the one calming her down then upon return to home, I am the one coaxing her to sleep etc. Well, nothing much can be done, I guess...can't be help lah.

Sian..returning to work in another 1.5 weeks time. Not helping that my mum's new helper is still not here...dunno how she is going to manage. No way I can start training yx into a routine before I return to work. We are going to miss each other so badly! Perhaps the only good thing is that she suddenly takes an interest in bottles. Been feeding her in the day using bottles for 2 days. Just hope this continues. *cross fingers*

Oh I use to buy milk and diaper from Jin Tai Tong Chinese Medicine Shop at Rivervale Plaza but I find out that their milk is from malaysia that is when I stop. Not feel comfortable.

hmmm so quiet.

My frd from Jan 2010 thread told me that they just have gathering not long ago and they write to ask for sponsorship from those baby company. And they got alot of free sponsorship in return. Pigeon, pupsik, sofie toys, birth n beyond nursing bra etc etc.

If we are still going to organize a birthday party for our babies maybe we can do that too keke

hi mummies! my hats and beanies and stuff are finally here! thank you all for waiting hor! will post pics in a while! FOC postage for you guys!
happy.gif

hi, how do i know whether elgin is eating well? I can see carrot strips in his poo, without any digestion taking place. I had already tried to mash it up. Is he absorbing any nutrients?

Babymax - Another alternative for colic problem, besides giving the oral medicine, is to try osteopathy. I will bring both my son and daughter to see this french therapist when they have cough or running nose. I dont know how to explain in detail how he treat them but all i know is he will do some adjustments on them (like pressing or aligning some parts of their body).He can also treat children who cannot sleep well. I am bringing my son to see him for that this fri....

hihi... i am a new mtb...

looking around to see if any mummies got this book what to expect when you are expecting... and want to sell.. can pm me.... thx !

<font color="ff0000">hi all, i'm ordering some family tees for my photoshoot with my girl.

Do let me know if you are keen, by leaving down your email address,or you may just PM me.. so i can send you the excel file.

need to order asap as i need them urgently for the photoshoot at the end of this month.

</font>

i bought Enfalac from the shop in Rivervale Plaza too. It's manufactured in Netherlands.

My gal dun seem to be able to recognise me until now! Sometimes when i come home from work, my hubby will bring baby downstairs for a walk and meet me. So i just stand in front of her, and she totally ignore me and continue to admire her surroundings! Feel soo sad.... So until now, anyone can carry her also...

Head wear for our bubs!
Here are the pics! Hehehhe... Sam is my model!
PM or FB msg me for pricing coz I'm giving Oct mummies special price!
happy.gif

3856489.jpg
3856490.jpg
3856491.jpg
3856492.jpg

Back