(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

gina
hehehe.. i was stayin in dubai for 4yrs.. prior tat stayed in syd n hk.. so yeah not many years spent in sgp.. left since i was a kid.. jst got back past year plus get settled down.. haiz i miss all the shopping.. so wat have u finally decided to get for ur hubby?? n i totally agree the man will ultimately resent us even if they r financially abled to support us as to them stayin at home means we have all the time in the world n tat we cant b as tired as we seems.. tats y i will nev choose to leave the workforce.. wen i stop work during the course of my pregnancy i already saw all the signs!!

joanne
did u try any of the cereals u bought so far? my boi boi got very unique taste!!! he dun like it at all... gave him frisocrem n nestle all dun wan!!! but hor he actually likes pumpkin n sweetcorn puree frm Heinz.. he like old man like it abit saltish leh.. how?? wat other cereals do u suggest or ur bb more receptive to wat?

gina
dun say jst u may end up at joanne workplace.. i thinkin of askin joanne reserve a place for me liaos!! lately getting really challanging to even hold a decent conversation with my hubby!!!

My phone died, then I lost part of it, I woke up holding on the battery & phone cover but dunno where my phone & SIM card is... please PM me your phone no. can? thanks!

RE: career vs SAHM
I just got head hunted but had to reject the offer.. I love my son too much, no salary has yet to match the love I have for him.. Friends all said the salary is not easy to come by at this time, which I totally agree, but still...

Koko: nice! Wat a coincidence. We may even haf delivered @ the same hospital. Hee.

SAHM has got its challenges. Coz for me, I think it's more intellectually stimulating to work. And as a SAHM, it's juz baby talk n house chores. But then I wouldn't want to miss spending time with the little one too. So it is quite a dilema. I'm still deciding too. Currently on unpaid leave coz of the relocation. It's not easy being a mummy. Hee.

SAHM: I'm so tempted to go back to work full time, because I shop a lot and need $$$!!!. a few mths back I was offered a post by Banyan Tree. Imagine, can fly to Hainan, bali and all these kind of places when overseas the design for the project. and the pay was quite good too. But but nobody will take care of the kids unless depending 100% on maids as out parents are not in sg. What to do?
Sometime being SAHM, we just need a little appreciation from our other half. they think that we only shake feet and watch tv at home and go for shopping and lunches with gf. (which is partly true also...hehehe)

Re: SAHM
I think it would be nice to be a SAHM and still be able to wk p/t, earn extra pocket money. DH is quite ok wif my spending but I don't feel so good when I have to take $$ to help my own family (another story). And like some of you have said, it's something that needs to be agreed upon by both parties, otherwise will hv a lot of issues down the road.

Whoa ETirto, a job w banyan would be nice. I so want to go to Banyan in Lijiang, but man getting there is such a hassle, definitely not wif the kids.

SAHM - yup totally agree its a damn tough job to be sahm. yest i on half day. ideally wanted to feed bbies and sing to them. ehhh, i only sang for 1 hour. then i tired. took nap. its v tiring to entertain them whole day. and my helpers at home so capable. so i let them be. today supposed to be on half day, but since i'm not much help at home, i'm gg to cancel, or use the half day to go shopping. now that i'm more mentally stable (was a bit crazy few weeks back), i actually think i SHOULD be working, cos i'm not expert at feeding, carrying, basically being a mum. its better for me to earn $$ so that can teach my kids to be independent. plus, i'm thinking of moving out of MIL house, i need $$ to buy new house.

lamagier - you'll get over the 1st few crazy weeks at work, then when you are more sane, you can make a better, more informed decision whether to cont working or not.

etiro - banyan tree ?? wah.... can do due diligence on their hotels or not ?? i thot claire chiang v pro-family in her work place ? i think i read somewhere that they offer flexi time, 1 of the 1st few co. in s'pore that did that.

bestberries, yeah but I was supposed to be in the totally diff dept which flexi time is not really possible.
Haiz. So I end up "work" from home. as Gina said, when I work from home, my finger get itchy and open another window then end up ordering things online. Got to balance up the $ that is rolling IN and OUT.

Kim, you got emails at your gmail account.

hey mummies you know what ?? i think we can set up our own company doing mummy stuff. eg teach other mummies how to carry/feed/bathe bbies, where to buy good and cheap deals, organise parties and collect entrance fees !!

kidding. but true right ? afterall, we're so capable
happy.gif

Devilene:
SAHM is a nice thing to do esp I enjoy spending time with Gabriel. But the best part of being SAHM is to see him grow day by day and witness any new skills he learnt or achieved. I struggled with the decision for sometime too and its a really tough decision esp if you enjoy financial freedom but like what the other mummies said the downside of being a SAHM is totaly dependent on hubby for income, chores, car, etc.

Menglee: Which hospital did you deliver?? Who knows we could be in the same hospital too?? Devilene and I were from the same hospital at the same time, same day and same doctor!!LOL!!!

Hello mummies,
SAHM:

Its great to read your thoughts as i'm having same dilemma.Tried for almost 2 yrs couldn't conceive...then within 3 mths of quitting got pregnant with josh. Love spending everyday with him but know eventually have to go back to work...question is When.then headhunter calls me yesterday out of the blue....think its a sign.

Have to admit, when saw few of our friends driving nice new cars (which we held off to be prudent)feel little twinge of jealousy....shallow, i know but true! (ashamed)

So still debating how long can be SAHM as like Etirto, parents not in SG. Can't bear idea of putting Josh at infant care whole day. Keep visualising that he's just left to lie on his back everyday,crying his lungs out until he chokes! Am i paranoid?

$ for the rompers
koko51sg $8.00 paid
Sunsweet $7.50 COD
beverly $7.50 PENDING
beverly $8.00 PENDING
devilene $7.50 PENDING
tinklebellx $7.50 paid
coolkero $6.50 PENDING
littlenotes $8.00 PENDING
lamagier $7.50 PENDING
yan $7.50 PENDING

mummies above, pls transfer the money stated to DBS savings plus 033-9-063393 and PM me the transaction details by this friday 2359. any orders not paid up by then without will be cancelled. pls do not flood the forum here with the transaction details.

details for the rompers:
1. the font selected (go search previous posts)
2. all names would be in capital letters.
3. girl names would be in pink (as shown in pic) boys in blue.
4. pls include in the PM how i may pass the rompers to you. i have no idea how much the postage will be if by post. ><

Re: SAHM vs Career

Mummies, I agree with the comments in the thread. To me, I cant be a SAHM. I dont think I am good at taking care of the kids, household chores &amp; also plus I cant really cook. I also hate the fact that I have to stretch out my hands to take $$ from hubby when required. During my ML, my hubby came home one day and vented anger on why I never wash his swimming trunks. That day, I was so tired handling our 2 kids, #2 was fussing, not forgetting the cleaning of the hse and laundry that I did. Though he apologised after that, this incident has signalled to me that I cant stay home. I prefer to be financially stable, aware of whats happening in the coporate world, of course I will miss the times with my kids.... But I try my best to spend time with them whenever I can.

Koko, agree with you.. the joy of watching the bb grow and develop has no price tag!!

I had to turn down the offer yesterday cos it came as a shock to me, and second shock was they need me to start in Dec!!!! I have not even tell anyone I need a job cos I already planned to put it on hold for the next 2 years...**still in shock**

Sheryl, if my hb dare to vent at me even for the fact sometimes I leave things around (cos there are days where we just have no time to pick things up), I will let him have a day with the kid and see how he cope, so far I have left K with him for 2 Sundays (just half day when I went to church) before, and he had to cope with sleep deprivation cos he was watching American football before I left for church hahaha.

Re: Bumbo

wonder when they grow up like 1 year old after losing some baby fats will they or can they fit in it?

I'm thinking of letting XR but scare its not good for their spine.. anyone have nay idea on that?

My #1 did not go on bumbo cos of the same concern then only when she turns 5+ mths when she is stable to go on walker..

haha Kim, my hubby learnt that looking after kids is worst then rushing for datelines at office after our #2 is born.

Datelines still can delay an hr or so st times.. but when a tollder and baby wails.. it require immediate attention from us be it to carry or not. and many of the times they wail at the most inconvenient times like you just drift off to sleep / stuck in the loo.

So now during weekend he is more hands-on then before..
happy.gif

Yup he took a long time to realise that but its better than never
happy.gif

bb biz
oooh oooh and since we have all sorts of mummies here (financial consultant, dentist, marketing (i'm guessing only), sales (guessing also), legal, writer, babysitter, baker, photographer...) we actually have full range of services!! we can hire an spg like the one in babybreeze (oops i'm mean) and get her to conduct the classes. and we can make uniforms for the bbies like the ones we're getting on sat !!
happy.gif

Dec gathering..

will there be another gathering for mummies who are not able to join the one on the 12th (did i get the date correct?)

hehe one more for a Christmas party for the kids
happy.gif

The below tip is for pumping mummies. I got to read this from another forum. Hope it's helpful.. I didn't try cos' I latch my baby all the time..

Quote: First of all, I think the twiddling should replicate sensation of baby suckling, since that is the main difference btw funnel and baby. While the baby encase the nipple with his tongue and palate, we consciously avoid contact of the funnel with our nipples (imagine the friction and the pain!). This is what I did wrong at first, I thought twiddling means using the thumb and fingers on top and below the nipple to twiddle. That didnt work for me at all. What I discover is that you should use your palms facing your chest and gently rub the tips of the nipples (this is impt for me to get the letdown sensation).

So here are my steps:-
- Pump as per normal
- After first letdown and flow stops or trickles, stop pumping
- massage breast and then twiddle the nipples at least 10-15 times
- Pump again == > instant letdown
- Can repeat for more letdowns

With this method I got as much as 100 ml more than usual , had like 3-4 letdowns, no more middle of night pumps to keep up! It didnt work overnight. The first time I tried, I got my second letdown easily and that's it. But I think the brain got the signal to produce more during this time of the day, so the next day, I got a "small" third letdown. Today, is like a few days after I first use this method, I got 300ml in one 30 min pump, only 4.5 hours from the last feed at home!

ehh... i dun have $100k sitting around in my bank ac leh. but i totally think this bb biz is a money making. see how much bb breeze and other gymboree etc charge. if want to do must do big big to get economies of scale. and if do big big it will be like another baby, have to take care and everything.

gina, can try parellel import for daytona, some second hand watch shop sell brand new ones, hehehehe. take a pic of your hubby watch (the one u say sitting in cupboard) lah, maybe some mommies interested, hehehe.

Winnie_mummy: I bought a tub. There are 2 different kinds. I bought the one which only has one colour. Can't remember the material. But it's supposedly more lasting. But the 1st time I used it, it leaked and all the water gushed out and flooded my mum's toilet and into her bedroom.. :p I went for an exchange and they gave me a new replacement. Used it twice since then. Pretty good. But waste A LOT of water.. hehe..At least 10 big pails of water... They allow you to exchange the float also for a bigger size when ur baby outgrows it...

Koko: I delivered @ Gleneagles. Were u &amp; Devilene there as well? Wow.. You and Devilene were there same day, time &amp; hospital? That's super cool...

meng lee
reallie ah? i've sent them my order enquiry le... hahaha... u got it from the seller who's residing @ SK?

ya, my concern is waste alot of water loh, my fren said after her ger swam in it, they used it to bathe themselves! den i said,"har? ltr gt urine hw?" Den my fren said,"nehmind lars..." LOL!!!

Maybe can use the water to flush the toilet... hehehe...

hey, i also delivered @ Gleneagles!

JL Sale..

today JL sales begins.. remember the Calson wet wipes 3x2 pkts for $5.50 we were talking about..

time to stock up
happy.gif

gina
pd told me to start coz bb dun knw how to eat so can start letting them try try different food now n train them how to eat wo.. but so far he been screaming at me everytime i hand him something to eat!!! like i nia tai him lor.. but so far the best tat i find he is accepting his pumpkin lor n banana.. the rest dun really like..

okok let us knw wat ju en choose hor.. see how much she sayang her daddy!! hahahahaha.. ju en looks ok to me wo.. got the baby fat leh.. i love her hair especially!!! my boy no hair.. haha

joanne
can still take me in for the dec gathering?? sorry so late then wan to put in my name. if too late its ok hor.. dun b obligated ya.. understand tat the group getting big..

gina ok ON! yes the more mums the better, so can spread the capital. but think we need to cap the number of shareholders. else will be like gathering like that, over 20 mummies keen then how.

i got another idea! next time we arrange to meet at a mummy's house (excluding foz and joanne's upcoming gathering, else they get a shock), we can pre-oder diapers and what not from BP and ask them to deliver to the house. this will get us bulk discount and save on courier charges. then mummies who order pay direct to BP seller. so the mummy that open house got no extra liability collect money what not. and if the mummy order and pay but never turn up, then the open house mummy gets to keep. ha ha.

today like alot of funny ideas leh. must be the leftover adrenalin frmo monday's police drama

hbb - you qualify as baker / photographer to be shareholder, no need outsouce. hee hee

RE: Samples for Dec gathering
Hi mummies I've contacted Heniz &amp; nestle regarding providing samples for us as goodies bags for December gathering. so far only nestle call me back but they are unable to provide samples for baby under 6mths, they say is WTO regulation, as the promote breast feeding, so will contact them in Jan when most our kids close to 6mths. still waiting for Heniz to reply.

RE: Taxi
was rushing back to office from IMM, the taxi driver drove on PIE with a speed of 60km/hr. Wow my blood was boiling, waste time &amp; $ taking his cab. lorry was overtaking him huhzzzzz..

RE: Friso
any baby taking Friso gold 1? they have increase their prices, the supplier are selling wholesale price at $32/tin, so if u can get $29 plus grab it, coz supermarkets are selling $34/tin now.

Re doing biz together.

not that i wanna pour cold water or wat but better be very clear abt obligations n stuff n get everything down with a contract at least. some mums in aug thread got together to do a biz which turned sour n now even the police is involved.

gina

it was pretty bad. one of the gals went mia n owed a few of them a lot of money. then she order a lot of things in a spree, never pay up n never collect. sigh.

Sorry mummies, i just got home from work and didnt have the time to read up all the posts.

RE: SAHM
There are so many different views and all make sense. My hb is supportive but I feel that he is not looking at the big picture. I've been finacially independant for a long time and I never take any money from him. But at the same time, I really want to leave the corporate world to spend time with Julian. Nothing beats watching ur bb grow day by day right? Im soooo confused now. Let's see how it goes.

Gina,
I think it is an excellent idea to set up a business, I've been pondering over that for a long time. Please count me in as one of the partners and we can engage HBB for her beautiful creations. I can help with the reno as I am in the building construction trade. Hence I know many contractors and suppliers.
happy.gif

Menglee,
You gave birth on 23 July too at gleneagles? Who was ur gynae? Dr Chan KH? Koko was the last one to give birth and I was 1 hr before her. So, my Julian is older than Koko's Gabriel by an hour!
happy.gif

gina
good time to start biz!! rental rates goin down.. things oso getting cheaper due to economy not exactly stable.. so if got the spare cash gd time to do biz la... all the best to u!!!
happy.gif

haiz.. wish i can join u ladies but i do need the salary lu... u ladies can njoy ur work n earn money at the same time n still have flexi hours for ur babies. so green wif envy..

Wat a day for me...

An ex colleague who now lives in KL just became a widow 2 days ago.. Her hb died of car accident, no proper will &amp; financial planning done for her.. She has a 2year old daughter.

bell,
I dunno why but i am unable to add ur account , DBS savings plus 033-9-063393, using IB. I dropped you a PM regarding this. If you have another account, please email me at [email protected] and i'll try again. Alternatively, since I have hbb's account, can i tranfer to her so that she can pass to you on the day of gathering?

i duno what happened to the archive on November 03, all jumble up. I can't follow up on bell's romper payment details.

Haizz... Working is tough, SAHM is tougher! HAHA! This is only my second week of returning to work, and I had work OT for past few days. dh had to fetch baby from my mum's place without me. Feel so left out...

bell,

oops sorry, i managed to add new payee. Blame on my laziness, i shldnt cut and paste your account from here lah. Maybe different fonts or something. I must type out ur account myself. Sorry!

I will pm you the transaction details shortly.

i duno what happened to the archive on November 03, all jumble up. I can't follow up on bell's romper payment details.

Haizz... Working is tough, SAHM is tougher! HAHA! This is only my second week of returning to work, and I had work OT for past few days. dh had to fetch baby from my mum's place without me. Feel so left out...

Hi All,

<font color="ff0000">Why pay more for the Car Insurance when we can save the monies to buy pretty clothes for our kids / Lot of toys / <u>BEST</u> milk powder in town / send them to the <u>MOST</u> reputable Montessori / bring your kids for holiday / pamper yourself with branded stuffs.....and many more.</font>

Car insurance have to be renewed every year, as with most car owners, we do not have the time to approach each and every car insurer for quotations, not to mention going through the fine prints in detail and comparing plans.

Most of us end up renewing our car insurance with the existing insurer and not knowing that we might be paying $200 - $500 more...

By comparing quotations from all 10 Singapore Motor Insurers, we will do a <u>FREE</u> comparison for you with all motor insurance companies in Singapore...insurers that you heard often as well as others that you have not.

For more information, please email to me [email protected] for a <font color="0000ff">NO OBLIGATION FREE QUOTE.</font>

Bell, can I pay you on Sat too? I muz have missed out your posting. This thread very happening and I can't catch up... but it's a good thing that we're still actively sharing info here... keke

Devilene, that's why it is very important to "train" our man. After I got married, he suggested we should share the household expenses, but I told him to plan our financial based on one person's income cos at that time (2003) I saw too many couple who have huge financial commitment and got into trouble during Asian econ down turn when one lost the job. So I insisted shortening the mortgage, and made him take care of all household expenses except anything I incurred e.g. our grocery shopping done by me, laundry service if I am the one sending...

I am not saying we have to be so calculative, because I am an advocate of staying home when the child is young, I want him to get use to paying and not resent me for not being able to contribute when I leave my work to be with our kid(s).
He was rather pleased when we sold our last apt after having it for 2.5years, we received 2/3 of our purchase price after deducting the remaining amount owed to the bank.

Every couple fight about money, one way or the other, so whoever say they never is unbelievably out of this world!

Back