(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Just to check, any mummies still able to sleep through the night without getting up to pee? I find it a bit funny that I am still able to sleep through the night... (although I guess I probably should count my blessings that I can still sleep through the nite)

lamagier (lamagier)
You are definitely so fortunuate to be able to sleep thru the night.. I have not been able to do that since my 1st trimester.. Very very unfortunate.. haha.. If i am lucky, just have to wake up once to pee at night.. unlucky.. up to 4 times.. sigh.. You definitely should count your blessing.. Ps.. I also like to drink water before I sleep.. Its actually a habit or I feel that I am going to get sorethroat u know!

Hi Beverly,
My doc prescrube Xepasone( mild steriods), 2 tables each time, twice a day.. I only took for a day and I decided not to do it anymore.. Cos I am afraid it has adverse effects on bb although doc says it will not have.. I guess, i have decided to "tahan".. The doc has given me this cream called tempersone.. which seems to be working better.. am not sure if it contains any mild steriods I think but its better than eating it really.. My rashes spreads.. and some parts are better, it has some scars.. very sad.. I checked with the skin doc, he says, it can be applied for pregnancy ladies. So i just continued. Yeah, my doc asked me to use either Dove (cos neutral ph), sebamed and another brand is sold in watson.. stri-- stg.. sorry.. i have to go watsons to check it out for you but I thnk its all similar. they are all those dematological prdts that has no fragrance and gentle on the skin.

Till now, at night i have been scratching my legs unknowingly.. the bedsheets sometimes have blood stain.. really very poor thing one.. and legs all disfigured.. but I kept telling myself.. just try to tolerate for 8 more weeks, everything is going to be alright..
For you, its even shorter! So jiayou ok!!

Esther,
Where do u get the calendula cream from?

HBB,
Thanks for your advice on the putting ice on the rashes, Will try that out.. no harm at all. :D

Mrs C,
Dr Ong kept stressing to me and my husband to get everything ready especially by 34 weeks.. haha.. I think he look at the both of us.. like still blur blur.. It does not makes matter better that my husband looks very young.. like poly student lei! alot of pple commented on that.. So sad right..
Nowadays, I kept thinking of the pain i have to go through for delivery makes me all jitters.. I even have dreams that that I hear pple screaming at their labour.. Its so frightening. i hope this phase goes away quickly..

lamagier
i have nvr got up to pee at nite.. to puke YES!! or sleepless YES! nvr to pee.. thou i drink loads of water before i sleep
so i tink we r pretty normal hehe
count our lucky stars manz!!

jamie,

i bot in it @ local bulk purchase. if u need it urgently, u can try some bigger watson. there's one shop (jin long) selling @ chinatown, i 4get the bldg name. it is a 3 storey bldg, next 2 people park OG. but both r more ex lor..

i use it on myself if itch and aso on my #1 whenever got rash. very gd!

Anyone feeling an increase in appetite? I have been so hungry the last few days! Like 1-2hrs after lunch or dinner, my stomach is making noises again. Really hope the weight gain doesn't explode! :p

Hi Sunnyduck,

I've been feeling that way as well. Hopefully weight doesn't jump too much at the next checkup.

Wanna check, when should baby turn down south? i think my baby is still moving around. worried she won't turn.

Esther (esty)
Thanks for the info, okie, I will try out the watsons 1st... if I go down to chinatown I will go there and take a look. Cheers

Hi Fluffysheep and Sunnyduck,
My appetite seems to return to normal before pregnancy.. I was actually eating more in my 6th to 7th month.. Heehee.. Just abit different from you gals.

PJ to bring to Hospital
Hi, has anyone bought your PJs to bring to hospital on the day you deliver? Any idea where to get cheap and affordable PJs? Cos I really do not think I will wear them again when I am back home..

jamie
u can try those market stall?
prob few dollars? but hard to find those button down one thou...
chinatown market might hav

Hi Jaime,

I bought PJ for confinement from Chinatown (those button front ones) they cost around $9-12 per set.

Seems like lots of mummies are buying PJs to bring to the hospital. For those mummies delivering in KKH, I tot the hospital provides the gowns (those pinkish peachy coloured ones)?

Fluffysheep,
Yep, I think KKH provides gowns but I am planning to bring some nice PJs for the hospital. Have seen some pics of my friends wearing the gown post-delivery posing with their friends/family and the baby. These are often the first few shots of family and yourself with the baby, I think it's a bit unglam to wear the hospital gown! Ha ha! I am vain!
happy.gif

Sunnyduck,

ha ha.. okie. I was thinking of bringing a jacket to cover the gown then take pics. and most of the time will only be taking upper half. hee..

The PJs I bought are cotton material and tend to be a little thin (not good for hospital), good and cooling for confinement though. :)

HBB
For me yes... i stayed in the 2-bedded ward and was at the inside bed near the window. Cos my neighbour always draw the curtain btw us, end up i feel very warm. In fact sweating. Luckily nurse was kind enuf to bring a fan in for me.

bbethan
i c. cos my sis at home during confinement w aircon also keep sweating.. so i wonder if in hosp iwll it b the same
now that u say.. im worried haaaaa

ya.. last time when i checked in, i specifically request for inside bed so that have more privacy. End up more uncomfort. Think with the current weather, near window = more heat. This time round may choose to be near door instead. Just bring sweater in case.
happy.gif

Yesterday i on aircon while at my mum's place sleeping. Still sweat. so i think it really have to do wif the current weather.

Bestberries,
Yup, will be resting at home till delivery. Hope your babies will hit the 2kg milestones soon. Keep us updated on your check-up

BabyEthan,
I have a colleague who delivered a baby girl on Fathers’ Day last year. Hers is thru natural birth, so bo pian her gynae had to go back to hospital on Fathers’ Day. Hope your gynae will agree on the C-section on Sunday
happy.gif

HBB,
Sure, will keep you gals updated on my babies.
I was thinking to use ice cubes also for the rashes but dare not do so, esp on tummy area. Do you think it will cause contraction if I rub it on my tummy coz the itch at my lower tummy really drives me crazy. I have stretchmarks all over my lower tummy and whenever I scratch, it will become red and swollen….looks scary.

Lamagier,
You are very lucky…I hope I can sleep through the night too :p

Jamie,
I understand how you feel. I also feel very sad when I see the scars on my legs and the stretchmarks on my tummy. I used to scratch until my tummy bleed also.
Am going to change my shower crème, bath towel, bed sheet today. Will switch on air-con to cool down the room temperature to see if it helps. I have cut all my finger nails (used to keep long finger nails) so that it won’t be so “xiong” if I scratch. Oh ya, my gynae also suggested to use prickly heat powder (snake powder) which I’ve asked my HB to buy for me. You may wish to try some of these methods to see if the rashes get better. Let’s jia you together
happy.gif

I am wondering - what are the different wards we will go through for delivery? I am guessing that when you first enter the hospital, it will be observation ward, then they will move you into labour ward/delivery suite, then after the birth, you go into your 'normal' ward? What is the difference between labour ward and delivery suite? Are the costs different, is it anything to do with choosing A1 or B1/2 wards?

Hi mummies, I'm from the Mar09 thread. Hope you're all doing well and excited about your upcoming births!

Just wanted to see if any of you were looking for a Maxi Cosi carseat. I have a very new one to sell as I want to get a different colour (yes very silly I know). PM me if interested ok?

And feel free to pop by the Mar thread for any advice, we're very friendly there.

p.s: Just ask for a seat on MRT if you need one. People should be able to tell your preggers by now!

Hi mommies, enjoying your lunch? I am having yummy vegetarian mifen.

<font color="ff0000">Room temp in hospital</font>
I was in Raffles Hospital, a single-bedded and the aircon was too cold so I asked them turn it up and it becomes stuffy so I told them to adjust and it was too cold again. This went on for a few times so in the end I stick to cold and asked my hubby to bring a shawl/cardigan and socks in for me.

<font color="ff0000">PJs for hospital stay</font>
I got a few button-down front from Marks &amp; Spencer to wear in the hsopital (very comfy but expensive), my friend also lend me a few Karmy ones. I def have enough!

Hi Mommies
I'm having bad menstrual-like cramps &amp; contractions since yesterday morning. Last evening was worst as it came in every 10-15mins interval. This morning went to see my gynae. Did CTG monitoring &amp; indeed showed pains &amp; contractions in very close interval. Was given ventolin &amp; progresterone &amp; asked to bedrest for 1wk
sad.gif
Hope will feel better after this! To all mommies, please also take care &amp; dun be too tired or stress during these few weeks as afraid it'll trigger premature labour. Going back to my bed now...

I have the following for sale:
A) 5 SMALL Fuzzi bunz diapers, 1 SMALL Happy Heiny diaper (all come with inserts)
B) 3 SMALL prefolds with 1 SMALL Bummis cover for sale.

I am selling $15 each for the cloth diapers listed in A (total $90) and $10 in total for B.

These diapers will probably last your baby till he/she is 5 months old (depending on your baby size). My baby who is 5.5 months old (with chunky legs) just outgrew these.

So assuming that you use them for 5 months (22 weeks) and you use up one pack of disposable costing say $15 each week (can you find such cheaper disposables), that is already $330 for 5months.

If you buy all, I will mail them registered for free.
2480894.jpg

LS take care....rest more please cos there is no turning back if contraction start.

by the way ladies, have all of u set up your cots and playpen? i need to have my baby cot adjusted higher and put back the gate. called the supplier and they will do it for $50. but just wondering if it's ok to do it now or wait till last month ahhh?

beverly
i dun tink the ice cube will cause contraction
anyway jus use 1 ice cube and rub it.. after it melt then shld b done liao.. continue later part of the day again if u need...
it might not get rid of the rashes but at least it will stop the itch hehe

LS
oh dear.. pls rest well k... take care...

coolkero
my cot n the board is out of storeroom liao not set up yet thou... intend to air it a little giv e it a wipe again in 2 weeks time. ard 36 weeks
the rubber mat n etc i also airing them now cos gt the rubber smell.. later on will rinse them

Hi mummies, i'm back. Will slowly catch up with the previous posts later. Hav been having mc for the last 4 days. Should be reporting to work tmr if everything is fine.

Thanks for all your concern abt my mum's condition. She's discharged and recovering well. But I ended up getting infected by her after visiting her several times in hosp. But before that i already v bad heartburn that caused me to hav breathing difficulties and cannot consume any food. Then my contradictions became more frequent so gynae gave me few days mc for full bed rest. Then next few days started vomiting like crazy
sad.gif

But i'm glad bb is growing well. Went for my 32wks check on mon and happy to hear that bb is 2.1kg liao. But really feel bad that he's so deprived of nutrients this week due to my condition
sad.gif

How was your meetup mummies on mon? So sad that i missed it.

kitty
oh dear hope u r feeling better
meet up was good .. dun b sad... u can always join us nxt rnd...

ehh why will keep vomitting? MS?

HBB, thanks for your concern. I'm able to take a bit more food nw.

The vomiting and diarrhoea was due to the infection i think cox my mum had that too. My niece oso got infected when she visited with me. But seems like i took the longest time to recover
sad.gif

Is the next meetup after we pop?

kitty
mayb cos we preggy now immune low so take longer time to recover

nxt meet up? guess it can be before or after pop bah
aft pop will b v long later like aft aug? since need to do confinement

Hi HBB, Fluffysheep and BabyEthan,
Thanks for the info.. I have to get my packing done by this week.. by hook or by crook.. haha.. if not, i kept procrastinating.. its bad.. Yeah, i am planning to get cheap ones.. between S$10-20 only.. Must get at least 2 right? Cos i heard that if one got stained or if we perspire too much, got another one to change at least.

LS (perline)and KittyNg,
Hope the both of you will be feeling better soon with the bed rest. Dun think too much now. Just rest well. Take care

HBB, are u planning to assemble yourself or asking people to do it? actually wanted my hubby to do fix, but a lot of work and screws, was thinking if it's better to get a pro, the screws will be tighter too, rite? hmmm, are u getting new baby mattress??? mine has been 6 years already, still in good condition but not sure if i should change, scared of dustmites.

last night i had my worst calf cramp on my right leg...

can Die ah...

Tonight going to wear my hubby soccer socks liao hahaha.. will look very silly but bo pian..

coolkero
my new born cot i tink easy to open up and put the bpard on it
the other cot meant for bigger babies prob need screws n such (but when we were given the cot no screws leh)
my dh say he can assemble duno he realy can anot haha

ya my mattress is a new one as im not realy ok to use hand mi down for mattress as i am also afraid of dustmite
so i went to buy the babysafe one instead

Re: PJ to bring to Hospital
Only government hospital provide PJ. KKH pinky ones got opening for bf. Private hospital need to wear own PJ , they don't provide
sad.gif

So still got to buy!

Re: Newborn stroller/carrier

Anyone bought stroller alry? Wat brand? Can share comment?

poshicon

i tink alot of times u need to go n test out and see if u liek the feel anot
the very popular brands are like combi (super light weight), peg perego (heavy n steady), mc claren, etc
aft testing out we din like either of them... cos peg perego seem steady but too plastic and also need 2 hand to close it.
combi is way too light.. easily topple over,

i was lookin for a stroller w big wheels for stability reason on uneven surface and found 1 at baby hypermart (prg price 500) and got it at half price.
it doesnt seem to b a famouus or popular brand. but since we find it easy to manovuere and steady we jus buy it.
so open urself to more option go try n see how..

who knows u like combi or peg perego hehe

oh ya peg perego also v ex.. near 700 bucks per stroller

Stroller
I bought a Capella S217. Shopped quite a long time for a stroller already, but the popular ones hb and I decided we can't manage alone if one hand has to hold on to the baby, especially if I'm going to be SAHM. Happen to chance upon the Capella on sale at BHG while idle shopping in Tampines, going for $147, think the sale is now extended to other places too, cos I thought I saw it in Kiddy Palace too for around the same price, carrying the stroller, might be a controlled price sale. Has a full canopy, so she's not too exposed to the sun, full recline, huge wheels, 360deg for all wheels, reversible handle, and anti-bacterial fabric. I think weight was a big shortlister for us. As for hanging barang on it, we're not too worried.

I considered the possibility that she might outgrow the stroller, so might probably end up with buying a 2nd stroller when she get older. Although with kids hard to tell whether they will grow out of the stroller stage a not, probably gotta train her.

Re: Stroller

Depends how you travel with the baby.

if usually via own transport. a bigger stroller and bi-fold ones will work and they usually would be bigger in size. so can sit on longer but usually they are not reversiable so baby can't see you then you push him/her

Umbrella fold ones are require if you do not have much boot space. but they tend to be narrower thus might not last more then 3 or 4 YO.

If usually you travel public transport, you might want to buy a lighter stroller that is umbrella fold.

Infant would need on that is fully reclinable.

I got 3 stroller at home keke
1) Lucky baby.. big and roomy, bi-fold, good for daily walks downstair.

2) Mothercare umbrella fold stroller- good for bus or MRT ride.. but not reclineable.. so only use after child can sit on their own.

3) Chicco umbrella fold, fully reclinable.. but heavy.. my last buy, its good and study but heavy.. less likely to flip when u hang the heavy diaper bag at the handle... but if use it while taking public transport it a bit of weight problem. reclinable so can use from infant - 4-5 YO.. but slightly narrower then the lucky baby stoller.. so depends on size of the child..

Back