(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

koko
i personaly dun tink its hard to make lar.. using mixer or ice cream maker
i used to make ice cream for orders last time haha... cos i can nvr fin what I make.. =p
but of cos the ice cream maker kind is easier
i make both type =)

Anybody feeling tired and sleepy???? I'm feeling this way from Monday.

HBB: you are really good :) you can still make for orders...

koko, my mom says grapes caused bb to be phlegmy leh.. I have always love grapes and now I have to cut down cos I am concern..

BabtEthan, ya, may be it's his little toes..

Okie, I am calling it a day.. chat again tomorrow.. Have a pleasant evening!

HBB, Sunsweet,
I got my lychee from my canteen sales, not from ntuc.. I wonder how did NTUC lychee looks like, the one i bought, it looks green lei.. but i tried it, its not too sour, quite sweet.. and it has small seeds.. heehee.
Opposite from HBB, I dislike anything sour.. my taste buds just cant take anything sour.. my husband always said i am very lousy! haha

Hi Kimberly,
Do you find Yoda's kicks painful? I find my bb kicks are getting stronger.. getting more obvious and harder.. i am praying that it does not goes to the extend of pain..

Hi Kimberly,
Rem that I am suppose to update you regarding the lotus seeds with birdnest. I have checked w my MIL, she got her lotus seeds from vietnam when they went for biz last month but i think any lotus seeds is fine.
You just use 1 spoon of lotus notes for 2 bowls of birdnest. Cut the lotus seeds to half so that it is softer and easier to cook.

I actually cant sleep well at night and suffer from palpitations.. so I guess thats why my MIL put in lotus seeds for me in my birdnest. :D

The benefits of lotus seeds are:
Lotus seeds are classified as astringents, being sweet and neutral, and benefiting the spleen, kidney, and heart. The sweet taste and nourishing qualities of the seed are responsible for the benefit to the spleen; this helps stop diarrhea associated with qi deficiency. The astringent quality helps prevent loss of kidney essence, so the seeds are used to treat weak sexual function in men and leukorrhea in women. The seed also has calming properties that alleviate restlessness, palpitations, and insomnia (more so in the whole seed with embryo).

jamie
my taste bud all the while is no sweet tooth one haaa even before preggy
now worse.. sour thg also turn a bit sweet haha
whole world say my lemon tart is v sour but i find it sweet haaaa

hi mummies,
Anyone feels that your heart is beating faster than usual? Or is it just me.. I wonder if it is because I am having difficulties in breathing due to the bb growth or.. something wrong with my health.. It usually happens at night..

Kim,

envy u can knock off liao..

Koko,
I've been feeling tired too.. not sure its from looking aft #1 or its just being preggy?

This morning so dissappointed no one let me have their seat at the MRT. Worst of all, I was standing in front of a lady and a guy, both reading.. they did glance up but they treated my bludging tummy as transparent! So got to stand 30 mins to Raffles place then change for the NS line.

I was in good mood this morning so didn't ask for their seat. If not I would have just go to the guy and ask for his seat.

Usually I'll go to whoever is taking the priority seat 1st but since today both ends are taken by 2 elderly communter so I also paisay to ask them.

sunsweet
alamak this ppl hor realy BLIND one leh
if i bad mood... i wun ask for seat.. iwill whisk out my hp pretend to snap pic at them then call my friend on the pone n talk say snap pic liao... blar blar blar will post online
haaa

Sunsweet,
I have never tried to ask someone to give out their seats for me lei.. heehee.. I shy...

KoKo/Mashy,
Wow, so u two also feel this way too, that means it should be quite normal right?? haha,
Mashy, I am also 2 months away from my EDD date.. just like you. Heard from my cousin, she told me 1st child most of the time will deliver nearer to EDD or later date.. Got such things meh? I tot it all depends on the bb's position, mother's condition etc??

Short hair/long hair??
Am actually planning to go for a haircut today with my husband.. actually I do not want to cut it cos many of my friends told me to just leave it long so that I can tie it, cos short hair no matter what, will stick to your neck.. can be really irritating.. Sigh.. I think now, i am nore incline not to cut my hair short already.. However on the other hand due to vanity, some pple said short hair makes you look more energetic and younger for mothers.. haha such a dilemma..

HBB,
haha I like their terms of usage in that Kidzloft voucher, must show proof of pregnancy...kekeke
High-5! I do that too, call my hubby usually, say I encounter this kind of people again or worst the kind that read bible or meditate with their prayer beads, which I ask my hubby what exactly are they praying about when they see a preggy standing right infront of their eyes.

If you are taking ventolin to control the contractions, maybe ease off taking it a little, cos palpitations is one of the side effects.

jamie, me too heartbeat faster lately. but my heartburn and fainting spell seems to disappear for these week. i'm peeing more frequent and also will wake up a few times at night.

oopps, i eat lotsa green grapes and oranges lately, very sweeeeeeet. i love mangoes too. yes i'm craving for more sweet stuff also with boy now, but i think i love sweet stuff too when i have my #1 girl, especially tiramisu.

wah u guys been eating bird nest lately ahhh, izit the good time to eat? my mil gave me during first trimester but i was having morning sickness so wasn't appeal to it, hmmm, maybe i should start eating it now in my third trimester. i've been resting at home, but still i do feel tired, must be the weight of the baby.

sunsweet, hmmm...those people very inconsiderate leh, now our tummy so big, it's courtesy to let their seat, hope they will feel guilty later.

HI Sunsweet,
If dun feel well, better ask for seat ok?

Haha, yesterday encountered a very sweet little girl on the bus. I was standing in front of the priority seats (all 4 of them) and no one offered me a seat (2 middle age aunties, a mother with 2 young kids). The little girl (about 3 or 4 years old) asked her cousin why no one give pregnant lady a seat. So nice of her =)

Jamie: I just pray and hope that my delivery would be in July not any earlier.... I'm due in 3rd week July.

Sunsweet: I would purposely stand in front of those sitting on the priority seats, usually the people would give up their seats unless those insensitive ones...if they pretend, then just ask them if they belong to any of the categories in the pictures :p

jamie,

keke my #1 arrive 1 week b4 EDD
happy.gif

Hi Koko,
Me too, I am also prayng that my delivery is inJuly.. not earlier.. I amalso due in 3rd week July, 18 July.. Actually the reason is simple, I find my bb weight is not as big and heavy as other bb that is same week as me.. So having a full term bb has higher chances that it is of a more "reasonable" weight.. But then, nowadays, with some of the contractions which I seldom experience in my other weeks, I am quite worried it will come out earlier than 37 weeks. Lets keep each other in prayer ya!

coolkero (coolkero),
I take lotsa dark purple grapes.. actually any fruits that is not sour, i take. haha. I have been eating birdnest from my 2nd trimester till now. My MIL cooks for me. but my bro told me it can cause bb to have allergies and asthma.. sigh.. but i like birdnest.. and its not proven.. so i just leave it.. heehee

Koko,

hehe I can imagine a scene e.g. a guy seated at the priority seat pretending to sleep

Preggy mum: Ah-hem... *loudly at the guy*
Guy: *gives a blur look*
Preggy mum: *Point at my tummy then point at the Preggy Pic behind him*
Guy: *still gives blur look* falls back to sleep

What will you do?? haha

Confinement lady
Hi mummies, when are u planning to call in your confinment lady? usually is after you give birth right? My MIL actually wanted the confinement lady to come in earlier by a few days before I give birth. But I was thinking how would i know when I am going to give birth if I am not going for c-section??

Jamie: Your EDD is very near to mine, just 5 days apart :) I'm going for my checkup tomorrow and see what doc has to say. BB has been very active lately. Yes. let's keep each other in prayers.

Jamie,

usually confinement lady will be called on the day you delivered.

Anyway you'll return home from hospital abt 2 days after delivery..

So by Day 2 she should arrive at your place already loh while you might still be in Hospital.

cos CL package is usually 28days.. so unless u are planning to ask her to stay longer.. getting her earlier will cost a lot more for you.

Sunsweet: LOL....this one is good...i also don't know...haven't met someone like this yet kekeke...

Jamie: what's her reason for doing that????? That's not necessary cause u would be in hospital and what is she going to do during the 3 to 4 days while u are in the hospital?

RE: confinement lady
talking abt that, we hv to give her ang pow when she arrives and on the day she leaves right? How much shd we give her??

Koko,

usually will give small ang pow when she 1st arrive then big ang pow on the day she leaves.

Amt wise I'm not sure of current rate. keke

Koko and Sunsweet,
I also dunno what is the actual reason for my MIL to request for that. Just heard it from my husband this noon.. hmm, maybe i check it out with her again lor.. My MIL actually booked her for 2 months cos she is from Indonesia.. must fly over one.. her rates includes air-tickets too. I cant rem how much cos my MIL wanted to help us to pay for the confinement services lor.. thats why I got not much say... maybe my MIL worried she got insufficient time to get ready to help me.. Also not sure lei... my cousins also used her and she told me she only contacted her when she delivered. Hiaz. am confused!!

koko, same as u, my mil also voice out to ask CL to come earlier to familiarize with home. but i check wif my fren who used her last year, she said no need cos our house is not the big big mansion, so they adapt very fast. my fren didn't give ang pow before or after, but she gave her some of her #1 too small clothings and toys and CL very happy, so i'm also dilemma whether i should give or not ahhh.

HBB, cos cold food will make BB not easy to take care of when BB is born (according to my mum n hubby)

Kim, I also like sweet thing but mine is BB gal ler

loshita
ehh yes cold food might make bb weaker in health but the cold dun refer to ice cream n cold water
more like those cooling stuff like sugar cane, liang teh, ang moh tea like lipton, water melon n such as these stuff actualy contribute to wat sort of body constitution the baby will hav aft born.
but of cos no harm listening to them if u dun mind lar...

then again if cold food like cold water n icecream will weaken the babies.. the angmoh all must b v v weak cos this 2 r their fav!!!!

then again... i onli tink 50% like asian on such thg as im too used to the western kind of lifestyle... tat y gt flu n cough i rather eat ice cream than medication

loshita (loshita),
I feel that my taste buds also prefers sweeter things.. last time can drink tea without sugar or milk. now must be tea (normal).. hahah..
I also expecting a bb gal. hehe.. think its ok la..as long as dun take too much sweet things, and dun get GD, should be manageable hor.. haha

coolkero (coolkero)
I think it all depends on individual CL.. I guess for my case, I will just need to check what is the the normal practice my cousin did when the same CL provided her the service.. Dun want to spoil the market too if she din give ang pow.. then i give.. will make her look bad.. Maybe u can check with someone who has used her service before?

HBB,
I agree with you, cos I think it all depends on individual.. if you are those who have "han" or more cool body type, better avoid those "liang" food.. Like my friend she is those "hot" body type and she takes alot of cold drinks, coke, etc.. her bb also okie, and her bb also those "hot" body type.

I personally think its fine to indulge in ice-cream from time to time.. cos Spore weather is way too hot.. not like china, have 4 seasons.. so all must follow all the traditional confinement regulations like cannot shower/wash hair etc.. but spore can really die... I cannot imagine..

talking abt priority seats... i also encountered a ns guy.... sittting at the priority seats n playing his playststion. He looked up n saw me but just turn his eyes back to his PS. Then someone asked him to give up his seat. He somemore hesitate a while and give a reluctant look before he stand up.... what kind of guy is this?

I always board the train at Eunos. There are always these service ambassadors on the station platform asking people to move in. There's these lady who's v nice n whenever she sees me, she'll make sure she goes into the train with me and make sure someone gives up a seat for me. Sometimes i find it very embarrassing cos when she asked ppl to give up the seat, everyone will be turning around and look at us. so paiseh. but really thankful to her.

jamie, u r rite leh, i also dun want spoil market, but i only know my fren who use her, dunno anyone else. i think if u guys give, i might give a little angpow first, if not maybe after then give lah...update us on wat ur cousin say, ok?

babyethan - next time you should mutter sthg so tt the ns guy will feel paisay

yesterday i was queing at the bank and this old man behind me very nice, ask me to sit down first and he'll call me when its my turn. awwww...........

helo mummies,

was so busy these days hardly had time to log in and post.. How's the dinner so far? Gosh, another two more months and all of us will be busy "screaming" in the delivery room (for those natural delivery)..hah..

I had stop taking birdnest for a month plus liao..cos mum too busy to cook.. my mil dun cook such stuff, gave me those bottled type (from my sil) to drink. BTW, for the red dates logan tea, will those medical hall pack individually for us? Cos i will get my HB to buy but think he dunno the portion to cook each round so wonder if the uncle/aunty can help to pack in small packet.

BB is 1.9+ at 32 weeks..head down at the v area as per gynae and will remain there ..hopefully..
have told the nurse to book for 2 bedder room w Mount A. Gynae was asking me the qn "are you ready for it".. I couldnt really answer, just gave a 50:50 kindly respond.. dunno what the feeling right now..not excited but abit hesitant..first time mum jitters i guess..

Jamie, not sure if your doctors prescriped any medicine to you. My doctor gave me Mometasone Furoate Cream to apply and advised me to change my shower crème to either Cetaphil, Physiogel or QV bath lotion. I bought a small bottle of Cetaphil today to give it a try. I hope all these will help if not I will go crazy sooner or later :p He also prescriped Chlorpheniramine 4mg tablet to me but I’m hesitate to take coz it will cause drowsiness. Worry it will affect my babies. haiz…

Kim, I only bought 1 glass bottle as I’m not sure if I should get a bigger one next time. My mom will be here soon and I will bring her to the shop again to see which one is more suitable. I hope they will have stock by then.
I also have the mossie-bite-like spots at my tummy, legs and hands. Quite irritating coz once you started to scratch, the itch is unbearable.

Jamie, HBB,
according to doctor, 37 weeks is considered full term for twins. I will be in my 36 weeks on 18th June.

Loshita, mashy & BabyEthan, Ya, I’m so excited and kan cheong…guess my babies’ weight is as good as singleton babies. Thanks to Anmum milk.
BabyEthan, good idea to have a Fathers Day’s baby but your gynae will be very cham coz got to work on Sunday some more on Fathers’ Day…hahaha….So you are going for C-section also?

Beverly
Yes... most prob going for c-section since my #1 was also c-sect. Baby made on daddy's birthday, so thinking of delivering on father's day. Meaningful for us... hehe... but dun think gynae will agree cos it's sunday. later he charged us more. anyway, haven't discuss wif him yet.

those who gt bad rash might wan to try rubbing ice cubes on e affected area as I was told skin will react by releasing anti histamin by e coldness n thus soothed e rash. or apply cold aloe vera

nt forgetting like wat beverly mentioned bout using e alternative shower bath... which def help alot...

last bt nt least
don't bath w hot water!! I like hot water even in such weather but it completely dries our skin!!!

Back