(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

TubbyMummy: No worries, was walking pass basar malam and looking at those small little coconut, just wondering if they are good
happy.gif

Caramelle: We have all the right to bully our hubby now, dun feel bad! In fact, if you are too sweet, maybe he'll feel more guilty? Cheer up! Can go for shopping on weekends or catch up with friends (especially those single ones) whom you've no time to meet otherwise
happy.gif
You'll find that they are eager to meet you too! Anyway, once our bb out, it'll be tougher to meet up - think of the pram, baby bag, milk, diaper that you have to bring along!

Cassey..oh what a pity..hope you can sort it out. would be nice to meet again...

Tubby, yah now i appreciate him. i didnt share this with you girls but last sunday i gave him a very hard time abt going taiwan. i kept saying im already in 3rd tri, will be staying alone and cannot manage with all household chores. he was very sad, but i realised much later that he really couldnt do anything. all this time i thought he volunteered to go. i felt really bad past few days so i never let him see my cry. last night he caught me wiping my eyes with my sleeve and just now he texted me to say he saw me and admired me for being strong and not wanting to show him my tears. i didnt want him to worry abt me, it's not say he's going for so long..only 28 days. so i told myself to stop being a baby. but this morning, he woke up early to vacuum the house, hug the kitties and cleaned up the room. i felt sad again bcos i know he wants to make it easy for me.

re tingkat dinner, i think if you were like me your hubby would do the research and find a solution too. i tend not to go out when im alone and therefore skip meals. and i enjoy eating with him so he already anticipated it might be an issue when he's not around.

caramelle, sometimes we don't appreciate our hubby enough, or give them enough credit... I'm sure you're counting your blessings to have such a wonderful husband. It's true, 28 days is not that long, but I believe u're just feeling vulnerable because of being in 3rd tri, and the pregnancy hormones isn't doing anything to help I'm sure. Hang in there girl, u'll miss him loads, but he'll be back sooner than u think. Like dolly said, take it as a time to catch up with girlfriends and such, cos soon, u'll be too heavy to move, and when baby comes, u'll be too busy!
happy.gif

thanks girls. my regular gang already asked me out to keep me busy on the PHs and weekends..will try to join them if i can manage the commute.

ok going to turn in now..cos tmoro first day back at the office so need to be fresh!

<font color="0077aa">dolly, not supposed to be the small coconuts... altho I guess no harm having those. But for the "cooling cleansing properties" supposed to be the big ones. Don't have to stock fridge up cos don't have to have tt many. So maybe just one a week!

Tubbym~, for me, we understood that they were proud of our union and wanted to share the good news with all their friends and relatives, so we decided to let them have their banquet and treat ourselves as the 'guests-of-honour', rather than have it be OUR wedding and they play by 'our rules'. My mum is one of 13 siblings.. all a loud and boisterous bunch. *keke*

> Sis' ILs are apparently a large extended family too. So the big bash is a biggie. Mum's offered to host Justus Jr.'s first month at her place and I'm thinking we'll prob just let her take it up cos it's her way of showing off her grandson. We'll have our own for friends and brethren at our place perhaps a little later down the road.

caramelle, don't be too hard on yourself. We all resort to emotional blackmail now and then. It's part and parcel of being a woman - preggers or otherwise. It irks me when Justus doesn't 'complain' abt work when unfair things happen. It seems to be tt he is ok with things. But at the end of the day, he's the one who's slaving his life away and his point is: YES I AM UPSET, but what's the point of harping on about it? He just has to 'suck it up'. So might as well just do it without all the grumbling.

> You've got a lovely man and he's got a lovely wife. One day down! 27 to go! Use this time to rest up and write him a little note every day telling him how you feel and thinking up a one-liner on bb's behalf. As you pat yourself on the back for every added note to the pile, the day is also drawing closer when you'll see him again! *hug* </font>

thanks Cassey..same thing with my hubby. i dont see his peers working half as hard as him, and sometimes i tell him he must work smart..but he really accepts all that falls on his plate w/o complaining EVER.

27 to go babe..and im going to be strong. i already started a note for him right after i came back and hope to keep it up for the rest of the days. guess the first note was the hardest cos he just left and i could still smell him in the house.

keep well everyone and talk to you tmr..goodnight

cassey: Thanks! Will try to get those big ones
happy.gif

Time to sleep! Tomorrow another work day... the good thing is, it's a short week
happy.gif

wah suddenly so many posts to read...

TubbyM - yeah thinking not sure to buy anymore S or not... maybe get one Nepia S sz? are they std sizes?? haahha

Cassey - u missed the first few mad screaming naked women!!

<font color="0077aa">sweethalo, cos it's the Cassey flood ma. *sorry* For a moment you completely lost me.
I was thinking huh?! Screaming naked women on 'S Factor'? But I wasn't even watching ma... *blur* HAHAHA!!!
But now I realise you were talking videos. I've watched at least 40 various births on YouTube by now so I think I've got plenty of backup videos.
happy.gif

> Diapers not standard size. That's what drives me nuts.
Ppl saying, oh, this brands' S can fit NBs but not these other brands... AIYO!!! How to remember all that?!?!?! </font>

May not be same size... I was thinking, for the NB size, since I have huggies and expecting to get Pampers fr hospital, when I get home, I plan on using the Huggies ones first, in case it's really true that cutting very small. Huggies NB size supposedly for up to 4kg baby only. I'll go back to using the Pampers ones only aft I finish the Huggies. U may wanna consider doing that too...

Yalor, that's why I thought better chop chop use finish the Huggies first. At the rate my girl is growing, think she'll be average lah, so I don't think she'll pop out to be already 4kg, the limit for Huggies diaper!

<font color="0077aa">sweethalo, how big can the little fella be?!?! Unless more than 4kgs, should still be able to use NB right?</font>

<font color="0077aa">sweethalo, whoa, I think you over-estimate yourself!!! I was expecting to get a big sumo, but he's quite small. PHEW!

Actually, I've been wondering these 2 days if I should stick to my glass of fresh low-fat milk once a day and switch to formula for the second just to plump up the little guy.. I won't want a skinny skinny baby... but I don't want episiotomy either!!

Yest, WBB said Sg practice is to give episiotomy if necessary... REALLY? *cynical brow lift* </font>

I dont think mine is a big bb la...

So far hv not gotten any estimated weights yet from the doc leh... sigh.. next visit is on coming Sat .. hopefully will hv some clue

<font color="0077aa">Tubbym~, next obgyn visit aftnn of gathering. Eventful day! Morn - Final clearance at work, Aftnn - obgyn visit, Evening - Central gathering + niece's first month celebrations.

> The fellow was estimated 1.2kg at week 30 leh. Seems quite little. Dr said he's only abt 50th percentile. Justus and I are NOT small... wonder why he is. The Lord knows I won't want to be torn apart...?</font>

<font color="0077aa">sweethalo, what does your obgyn say when you ask for weight estimate huh? Mine says my boy is ok for measurements. Needn't take weight cos it's just an estimate anyway. But told me he is by no means a biggie.</font>

<font color="0077aa">*edited* Hilarious sleep-walking canine.
happy.gif

http://sg.video.yahoo.com/watch/4609974/12328029</font>

sweethalo, try asking your doc for a weight estimate? If he starts nagging and say weight is not important, growth/length is blah blah, how about try to get some measurements from him (tummy circumference, femur length etc) and see if u can google a formula to calculate weight from there?

Cassey, very eventful day indeed!! So after 17th April, you're a free woman? Or should I say work-free... hmmm... I'm sure you'll be all tired out that day, but the consolation is, you won't need to report for work on Sat morn! Woohoo! And yeah, 1.2kg at wk30 sounds average. But as long as he's not underweight, nothing much to worry about lah. I think the Big Guy is watching out for u, since u're really trying to avoid episiotomy hehe
happy.gif

Cassey- how to attend gathering plus ur niece's full mth, dont u hv to help out at home??

Aiyo WBB said Asian girls just not built like Western ladies lah

<font color="0077aa">Tubbym~, he's the smaller side of normal range, I think.
I see others reaching 1.2kgs by Wk 28... even 1.7kgs by wk 28!!!! Thinking abt scrawny alien baby... *eeeee.....*</font>

<font color="0077aa">sweethalo, nope! Full-month celebration is at "dad's club". They've booked the entire restaurant for their guests.

> As far as I know and have read and heard, Sg prac is routine episio. She said they'll snip IF need leh.</font>

Wah, I'm getting hungry thinking about food. Hehe... I had mexican just now, and almost threw up after. Feels like MS is coming back, it's that kind of nausea and can't breathe sort of feeling.

sweethalo, if the Braun 4250 I get at S$80, cheap enough or not? Or still better to get from US?

sweethalo
usually when u get the bb scan, it'll indicate on the image the weight &amp; lenght of the bb...

cassey
wow..so big event for ur niece full month celebrate.. she muz be the eldest grandchild usually grandparents r more kan cheong..
muz be counting down to ur sahm life..lucky gal

tubbyM
ur parents got so many siblings..when festival time muz be very joyous..I like big family tooo..
I'll think our next generation will be very lonely with only 1 or 2 siblings so sad...

caramelle
time passes very fast one once u start work..just remember u still have ur bb accompany for this 27 days..

gdmorning to all mommies....

have a nice weekends &amp; my hubby let me have the 40mins foot reflexolgy las sat... after the massage my leg do felt much better &amp; i can shopped longer at jurong point for my baby stuff.
the only problem is now i been eating alot &amp; they worried i might be able to go Genting for tis friday althought gyne written a letter i can go oversea till 25 april(8 mths) as my tummy keep expanding due i been eating alot &amp; always hungry...
sad.gif

kikismom, i just realised my scan printout doesn't indicate the measurements leh. I think this is because my doc doesn't print out the screen where he measured on, and he prints out whatever view I want (e.g. if I ask for baby's head, face, whatever). Or are the measurements supposed to be stated there even after I change view/screen?

harros! good morning from McDonald's Suntec... hehehe

Yeah my gynae only does measurements but I've not tried to calculate baby's weight with that... maybe see what happens this Sat

morning!!!!

tubbyM, my scan printout also doesnt indicate measurements. i think when bb is after certain weeks, they measure the weight instead. and previous scans, sometimes the bb is curled up or not in perfect position to scan the measurements.

Annie, u going genting by coach?? cos no toilet breaks except for once or twice.....

caramelle, ur friends are sweet... time will fly la... just chat with friends, in forums.

WBB class - doctor's talk - anyone already went for the doctor's talk??? thinking how useful the talk will be...... scare of lectures now...
happy.gif

Caramelle - keep bz working, shopping and going out with your frens
happy.gif
Also now can rely on internet to stay in touch with ur hb
happy.gif

WBB class : did anyone catch what she mentioned about our 11th Doctor's lecture being postponed?

Annie, adult pampers very uncomfortable right?? Oh well, at least u will be able to empathise with your child in future if u don't change the diapers fast enough hehe.... Try to stop more frequently lah, so u can stretch your legs out also, otherwise might swell or cramp...

sweethalo, very mobile with your net book hor?
happy.gif
Or using PDA/smart phone/iphone?

Re: coconut
am i right that we can start drinking more of coconut from week 32 onwards? i heard green big young ones from m'sia are good. i am not a coconut drinker even before pre-preg. now hv to start hunting for it. so how to know if it's the right one? must b big, green &amp; young to get the effect?

cassey, you've been on low fat milk? will tat contribute to the size of bb being smaller? read somewhr bbs need to slap on fat in the last tri, so mayb changing to normal milk but cut dwn the frequency can help bb increase size but still within control?

tubbymummy, ur hubby is man utd fan? must really b sitting at the edge of the chair last night. wat a wonderful finish.

ehhehe...

TubbyM - YESH!! Netbook rocks!! hehehe

Blurmom - yeah, follow my hb down on his way to work.. then now waiting for shops to open soon :p

Thinking of doing my hair later in the evening too... dono should or not... sigh

oh yeah..my hubby was shouting like crazy when they scored the last min goal! he was berserk! after the match quickly went to google and find out who's the young player... I just uttered good nite n doze off to dreamland..haha

I'm oso drinkin low fat leh..cos it comes in small packets so i can bring to office n drink..i saeldom touch the enfamama at hmoe thou.. low fat really will affect? i tot s long s calcium is good. no?

sweethalo... no choice don wish to trouble the driver &amp; delay the journey...

tubbymommy... dont worry as i rather small size i jus stretch my leg on my hubby lap &amp; ask him massage for me if i got cramp..hehehhehe

heheh Cassey maybe get few packets of durian and stuff your face silly for the whole week ba... sure will put on weight... ;P

Annie- I really wonder how to pee in a diaper leh... *scratch head* wldn't u be feeling a hot gush each time... eeks and wht if it leaks???

Woots! Shopaholic Sweethalo... Hehehe...

Haiyo, suddenly I crave for Auntie Anne’s Hand-Rolled Soft Pretzels!

Almond Flavour - Raise a toast to our pretzel coated with toasted almond toffee crunch, raise it high. Then dunk it down in a Caramel Dip.

Heavenly Crave...

fifi, tat young scorer is an italian, 17 going on 18. debut match &amp; scored the critical goal for the team. so funny, aft tat during the interview, the interviewer wan to congratulate him with a bottle of champagne, but he is underage, so pass to gary nerville, his more senior teammate, to pass to him. ha!

Back