(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Hi mummies,

Finally got a chance to update. I delivered on 22 April after 2hrs of labour. So happy that this time round I could push baby out w/o forceps
happy.gif
Baby weight is 3.64kg,50cm. Head circ. is 34.5cm.

I started b-feeding from the first hour of birth and latching her on every 3hrs. My milk came in much earlier this time, on the 2nd day. Had to keep feeding round the clock to prevent engorgement but baby often so sleepy (i think because she was born @ 38weeks) unlike my first one who was more alert.

Very tiring to keep waking her up and keeping her awake to feed. I had very bad engorgement last 2 days and it WAS so painful. Much better now
happy.gif
Will try to come in more often when my routine is more fixed. Its been so tiring these few days as I've been feeding round the clock and trying to catch sleep in between.

Talk again soon
happy.gif

xue,
is there a list? I don't see it in the forum.

jacquise & cheeks > Congrats and many gong xi!!! Ke Xi Ke He ah~~

Like cmeilim, i like to know if there are wireless in all rooms at TMC not.

cmeilim > U delivering at TMC, have u check with ya gyne if you could have auto-upgraded to 2-bedded?

Anyone have Mrs Wong Boi Boi's mobile contact ah? Think I have lost hers leh. Can PM me not?

Hi
Sorry to interupt. I'm from Feb09 mummies. I would like to make an order for this bb carrier. Selling at a much lower price of only $16. Need to pre order and item will only arrive in 5-7 days. I ve a MOQ of abt 10pcs to closed this spree. Anyone keen, can PM me. Item not including postage. Got 4 colours to choose.PM me for colours
2390740.jpg

Waterbag bursting not so dramatic one....
happy.gif
We dun have much amniotic fluid left at this stage. Thank God i was wearing liners. So u can help alleviate the situation by wearing liners when ur EDD is near. My liner was soaked!!! Lucky i had an extra pc to tahan until i reach home. My dress wasnt even wet. heh!

And breastfeeding is quite alrite...Kinda enjoy the bonding.

hi SK

i thought the auto-upgrade is decided by TMC based on availability at the point of admission? You mean can get my gynae to request specially for free auto-upgrade?

cmeilim > Yes, your gyne can make a request for you. My gyne told me that. Then said 99% will get for me. Think TMC got many 2-bedded than 4-bedded rooms.

Hi all may MTB!
i'm a may MTB too and have been silently reading this thread.
anyway i'm in my 36weeks 6 days. tmrw will be 37weeks alr. my EDD is on the 18th May.

got some question to ask all mummies here.
Do u feel pain around ur pelvic area? cause recently i've experience some & have you experience your baby hiccup in you?
My baby tends to hiccup often.

SK - the room comes with internet access - wireless or wired I am not sure le. I have registered for a room, but did not receive any black and white letter that I can hold on to for check-in. What about you?

I have Mrs Wong's mobile, I PM you now.

Hey Melly, I had the same pain as you during my week 34 going on 35.

I am quite clueless abt baby's hiccups until I saw a mom's video on it and I realise my baby does that alot too... Why? Is it normal? I thought it's quite normal leh.

TMC breastpump loan:

Btw a question for Mum's at TMC - do you know if TMC does loan for breastpump? I havent got mine cos really not sure which to get. I want to loan from tmc first to try out during my hospitalisation...
anyone knows?

Tinkles mum, Thanks for replying but then when i ask other mummies, they say they dun feel baby hiccup lei. thats y i think mine is like not normal.

Melly it's actually quite normal that you do not feel hiccups cos they are just movements. I didn't know too at first that these were hiccups. Once, my gynae was telling me that my baby was having hiccups during scan but i cant feel anything too.

Maybe can check with your gynae if you are concerned.

i think i shld check with gynae during my next visit but my next visit is not until 2 weeks later when i'm 38 weeks. I start feeling cramps around my pelvic area. is this normal? isit signs that bb going out soon?

Maybe the cramps are Braxton Hicks...my gynae said these are practising contractions and will start up to 4 weeks before actual labour. I think that's very normal esp for you since you are alreadt 38 weeks - quite a few moms deliver in week 38.

The mummies who are more experience would be able to help give you more details but today's forum is a little quiet. Maybe can post again tonight when everyone's in?

yup. i notice today tend to be quite. i think everybody when out shopping and most mummies pop alr. anyway thanks for the advice!
happy.gif

hi melly, i am gg to 36 weeks soon..i also experience the same pain as u in pelvic area...when i turn in bed...i cant really lift up my legs...the inner area feel very sng...and also some sharp pain...but i think shd be quite normal at this stage loh...and i feel my bb hiccups alot also...sleep half way also hiccups sometimes..

jacquise, hahaha...thot u say a gush of water sounds like a lot leh...so it will only soak the liner...so next time go out must bring along more liners in the bag...ur ger so cute, know how to bian zui....

Tinkle > Yup, had received ya PM. Thanks ah!

I think it costs about $25/day ? to rent their breast pump at TMC leh. U better check with the counter. I was told by a mummy lately too.

Melly > Think its common to experience some discomfort at the pelvic area. I am having that too esp when sitting for a long time then get up or when I need to get down from my bed.

Porky > The gush of water can be tickling slowing or gushing out alot. Think if alot, the pantyliner needs to be changed often.

thanks to all the mummies who reply me.
I'm just quite worry since its my first time
& i see so many may MTB pop one by one.
getting me worried even more.
happy.gif

jacquise, cheeks
congrats on ur baby born!

jacquise
so cool ur baby come out on the date u wanted heheh. I keep telling my baby april ok.. hope baby just as kwai (obedient) as urs hehe

ladies, im getting kinda impatient le leh.. both hub & #1 had been asking him to come out soon.. bt still no sign leh.. only these 2 days, wen i get down from bed or sitting position, my inner thigh and pelvis is very very 'sng'. hv to wait a while before i can walk. dunno isit due to bb is gng further down thus pressing on tt area.
gynae told me to walk more n carry #1 more to either hav show or waterbag burst n deliver naturally... really hope this works!

jacquise, thanks for sharing ur birth story
happy.gif
i always imagine waterbag burst will be "gush of water" like nigara falls *haha* so u still hv time to go home, shower and take barang to hospital? my hubby now beri gan cheong -- ask me what's the plan if my waterbag burst at home and he is at work...

flommy, ur boy is very chubby
happy.gif

cheekz, wow, BF from 1st hour of birth!

xue, jia you, #2 may juz pop anytime next week
happy.gif

lily, hope ur bb can wait for 3 more days
happy.gif
maybe i will c u @ KKH -- m due for my next gynae visit then
happy.gif

yesterday i had tummy ache n brownish discharge (again)... dunno if my cervix has dilated further -- m waiting for "stronger" sign... my little princess is a good girl -- juz passed 37-week
happy.gif

hi all,

im finally back to Spore and it was scorching HOT here!

CONGRATS to all mummies who had popped!
happy.gif

i had my last gynae visit at Beijing last fri, bb was 2.65kg and wi head circumference of 34cm (which is equivalent to a full term bb size) though im only at week 34+.. and bb's neck was surrounded by umbilical cord, though the gynae told me that it's quite common but im still quite worry.. tomorrow will visit my gynae here, hope all is well..

wana log in to FB to see all pretty babies!
happy.gif

xue,

jia you! u will meet ur 2nd prince very soon!
i heard of climbing stairs help? not sure though.. take care ya! wish u a smooth delivery!
happy.gif

dodo: welcome back ah!!! =) Yes the heat is unbelievable! And we're gg to confinement in this period!! scary rite!! m i in ur fb by the way??

xue: careful when u climb stairs! i also climb and downwards is quite dangerous cuz ur tum is in the way.. cant see.. better to climb upwards, best if u gt companion to climb with u. Builds stamina too. =)

dodo, welcome back
happy.gif
yup, weather is super HOT now -- really tough to do confinement now! hope ur visit to gynae 2molo will turn out fine. meanwhile, juz monitor bb's movement...

jamie,

thanks! saw ur post on bb's weight.. ur girl has good weight ya
happy.gif

u will be deliver at TMC also right? and our EDD is close, maybe can be room mate..haa.. but now im not sure whether can i still go for natural as the umbilical cord surrounds bb's neck and his BIG head size, my #1 was borned wi HC of 37cm.. not sure #2's HC will be bigger or not!

very scary indeed.. i already decide to on air-con 24 hours.. wahaha..

i think u are in my FB leh..

tks adv_sports,dodo..
im doing more walking in fact been out for shopping almost everyday. im climbing flights of stairs as well.. really hope he can come naturally...

adv sports,

thanks!
happy.gif
ya, now i can understand why mummies here keep complaining abt the HEAT! ya, the gynae also told me to keep monitor bb's movement, thanks for ur advise.. last time round im not really particular abt it coz everyday run after my elder son already burn out my energy.. so now i must keep remind myself to constantly check on this.. really pray hard all is well..

dodo: my gynae say my girl might be abit big for me at full term. said will check again when i visit at 37 wks.. think will check w her the HC too..

i also heard that umbilical cord 1 round ard bb neck still ok bt i guess ur gynae will knw when it's emer, so dun worry too much yea.. =)

jamie,
im climbing up & downwards.. if holding onto railings shld be ok. just be more careful...
nearly ouy if breath when climbing. can feel the gained weight pulling me down n gng out of breath!!

xue: ya. i also out of breath and my legs become very sng. haha!! lucky i only stay 5th floor!!!

i cant wait for bb to engage so i can breathe easier!! maybe nt so "chuan" when climb stairs aft dat! urs shld b engaged le rite?

Back