(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Cindy, ya ask your hubby to do it hee. I ask my CL to feed her the ebm. It was a good break to go for my rebonding, at least got out of the house and pamper myself a bit.
happy.gif

Kome, cheer up! I understand how you are feeling. I also cried over breastfeeding and thanks to the encouragement of friends and hubby, felt much better after that. I guess after birth we all feel very vulnerable with all the hormones creating havoc in our bodies. Take care of yourself, most importantly you must try to "bu" and rest.

sun - my hb oso won't let me drink de...the other time i drank i confess to him after i did...anyway gg to drink with less ice de...less guilty oso...hehe

cindy - i can imagine i will feel v down during confinement....

Kome ...

dun feel so stress and down ... just come to the forum and 'talk' ... its really normal to be latching on all the time for a start and rem to apply nipple cream or you can squeeze a few droplets of milk out to mositurise your nipple

i rem for my #1 ... he is like on my breast every 45mins lor ... latch 30 mins ... put down for a while then cry again for milk arrrggghhhh once the milk supply is established then the interval will get longer and longer

i rem reading 1 book whereby the author say ... just let the baby drives ... each baby is different and even with the same set of parents ... so lets just relax and let the baby tells us what he/she needs ... it was a very funny book and i read it during my confinement ... made me feel much better too

hopefully i can adopt the same attitude with my #2 cos i think with only 1 baby ... you just need to focus on that 1 baby ... but now i still need to pay attention on the feeling of my #1 =p

babe n misscandy currently are next on the list... tink depending wat time their bb comes out ba...

wonders who's next...

sorbet
i think the strep B test she jux do for me w/o telling me..only when i m lying down there liao then she tell me..

as usual i think we always 'forget to ask' when we see her cos too gan cheong liao and she speaks way too fast like rushing like tat..m going to her tmr, hope my galgal turns down tonite..

starflower
ur is natural/ c sect?? no pain ah...how i wish i can be like u.I m very sensitive to pain one..cant imagine my pain after C sect..

any feedback abt medala mini eletric/ plus? tot of getting tat but someone say not good leh..

pls advise

thanks all mommies

sorbet, Haha, u don't think otherwise yet, who knows now u drink all u want then u may get sick of all the forbidden food? Haha. Well, still can hope hor.

Kome Kome, don't be upset, milk ss takes about 4 wks to stabilize. Initially will be tough but u can do it. Anver latching on is to help u build up your ss. U can do it Kome. We all are gg through tough times but trust me, things will and can only get better, so don't think so much. milk ss will slowly increase de. Hugs.

seabreeze, totally agree with you... With #1, we can relax and just latch all day long. Now, its really not easy. Sometimes my elder one is ok, sometimes he saw me latch, he will purposely make noise and ask me to carry. And I can't ma. So he will purposely sit in between my legs. Sigh. So really tough. I can only pray that feeding times can be extended. Ahah.

cindy - haha i tink i will miss the forbidden food...hehe...ok lets jus hope so, but highly unlikely! i've been thinking too much fast food as of late...i haven't even go try the cadbury mcflurry yet even tho i was thinking about it...

oxgal - i agree with u, dr heng's visits always seem rush rush, yesterday her hp died on her and i can see she's rather preoccupied cos got four patients in the delivery ward and she is pending to rush down to ESH at any minute...makes me so stressed to ask her questions oso...she forgot to give me a scan of my bb but i didn't ask her anyway...hope yr gal gal guai guai turns down tonite =)

kome - u sound realli stressed...relax gal...jus tell yourself this is part and parcel of bfing...if u keep at it, your ms will come...jia you

Thanks all for the comfort.

I really felt lonely, no one to talk to and the CL i have does not look like experience in looking after baby, so worried about if ANver feel any discomfort she herself also don't know..

I have to ask her if she had check if Anver had passed motion or not? Everytime Anver cried she just fed him with water if still continue than just told me that he want to eat. During 1st day, she can even ask me what does Anver want as he he was crying that time.

hi, congratulationn to mummies who had popped.

Thanks all for the compliment of Baby Kayle.

Sportyger,
Hw is ur massage? ur weight losing?
i still got 10kg to go...

Kome
I understand the lonely part that you are mentioning. Sometimes will just cry for no rhyme or reason. Stressed out by the low milk supply. I myself am struggling with it too. Pls cheer up ok, and things are looking better. Low milk supply doesn't mean no milk, I am continuing to latch and pump and if my baby is still really crying for milk after latching on for 40-60 mins, I will let CL supplement her with a little FM. Feel sad, but I know I've really tried my best.

Nana / Star / Prosper -

Me at 38 wks but no sign of labor yet. Trying to pack my hospital bag (delivering at GlenE) but unsure of the folloiwng:

1) Is the labor ward at GlenE very cold? Need to wear long-sleeve PJ?
2) Will GlenE provide sanitary pads? Did you need extra?
3) Will GlenE provide pampers for bb? Did you bring extra (assuming normal 3 days stay)?
4) If hubby stays overnite, will they provide him with toiletries and towels for bath?
5) What else did they give-away when you discharge?

Prosper
I vey bu gan yuan to give up.. I just bought Fenugreek, starting to eat today, hopefully I can see results soon.

Jia you ok, don't give up.

prosper, don't give up. Think a little selfishly, bfing can help contract our uterus and help us slim down. At least persevere for 1month! Me still left 6kg, no massage yet. Sigh.

Kome, don't let cl stress u out. U are paying her, so ask her to do more if u want. If not, just send her away. Hugs. U can do it Kome.

teddybaby
my bb weight last wk was 2.8kg, and in just 1 week he puts on 400gr..now is 3.2kg...
thats why abit worried...my mom says dont exceed 3.5kg..

Hi, anyone just gave birth at MAH recently? Any idea which are the latest renovated ward? Our lady or St Raphael? Im schedule for caesarean on this coming Friday(13.03.09) hope i can stay at the newly renovated ward.

Nancy,
It will be cold at night. u should bring one jacket. Labour ward not tat cold by then u will be sweating..

Yes they will provide one packet pad. but i used up , u need to bring one more packet to standby.

yes they will complimentry pampers and bb wipes. u dun need to bring ur own. It will be enough

i stay 2 bedder, not allowed for hb to stay. so no extra toiltries.

They only gave pampers and babywipes and a small complimentry bag but i forgot wat is inside...
I cant rem if they provise bb clothes cos while nurse help me in changing bb, i think they put the clothes on my bed. i forgot to take home..or maybe they take it away..

Hoon,
let me know if it will be helpful then i go buy..

cindy,
wow u still left 6kg... i came home after discharge, found i gain 1kg... faintzzz

honeyhoney:: OL is the newly reno wards.

Prosper:: woo! 1kg? how come? hosp food very tasty? nevermind, cause they say confinement month cannot think about losing wt... But i know it's hard.. So u must keep up with BF!!

Oxgen & sun,
Im using the Medela Mini now.
Its do works for me, just that its not silent when using. I have to use cushion to cover the motor as dont want to wake my gal at night time.
Suction is fine once your supply come in.

thanks prosper/ sun96 for ur info..
haha sorbet i really hope she ll turn down lo..haiz

she always so rushing as usual and my frens ask me not to take her next time liao..lol

alot of my friends actually ask for 1week of HL from gynae b4 edd to rest but i think she dun do tat and ll only give ML if u wanted to 'rest early". ll ask her tmr

miss83,
Did you BB put on wt consistently during every visit?

oxgal,
re breast pump, depends on whether u r SAHM or planning to return to work and still EBM. If former, manual or single electric will do. The lady at the breastfeeding mother's support grp told me that feedback for the Medela Swing (electric single), Medela PIS (double electric) and Ameda Lactaline (dual electric) are popular with mothers there. But Medela PIS is very expensive.

hi teddybb

I m looking @ medala mini eletric/ plus. isit e same as u mention here? its about $193+/$223+..

My SIL said tat the taka BB fair ll ve more disc plus she got another 10% for staff so ll be looking out for other items there
this thu.

prosper
thks for yr info!!! but how come yr medisave can claimed up to $2250? tat's a lot lei... tot std only $1750 if i rem correctly?

oxgal
does yr SIL noe wat other pdts will be hving gd offer @ taka BB fair tis thur??

oxgal - u r rite, dr heng will not give HL unless stay in hospital for at least one day...i tried asking from her b4....cos in my first trimester, i had to go on bed rest at home and utilised all my MCs and annual leaves liao, so i dun wan to take unpaid leave so i ask HL from her...she said nope unless i'm willing to stay in ESH for at least one day lor...

oxgal,
medela mini electric/plus is different from medela swing. Heard its not for super heavy duty usage, else motor will spoil quite fast

sun96
not too sure wat else they ve, she not in tat dept, but wat are u looking for? heard there is good sale as in some products ll be selling lesser than retail + disc also. I m gg on thu, or if u want to find out the price/product mayb i can keep a look out for u.

sorbet
how can she say like tat? muz stay in hosp then give HL one meh? My frens hear liao Hot ah..seems like other gynae never reject them..poor us

teddyBB
i think i dun need heavy duty one la, haha i m the lazy one lo, might mix BM/FM and most prob ll stop when i go back to work 4mths later

Thanks all. I trying not to think too much liao. Had just asked hb to help get me 1 nipple protectors, coz it is really painful when Anver latched on. FElt very sad but no choice, hb had told CL to give FM. Today whole day i will pump out the milk for CL to feed him and if not enough than will supplement with FM already. Just now had managed to pump out only 20ml. Same as other mummy felt so sad to have so little milk only.

Hoon
I have 1 bot of fernugreek now also but i not sure if i can take now or not leh? Maybe will wait after confinement and the supply is still low than will take.

Prosper
My milk supply also low. Same pumped out can only get abt 20ml and the best i have is abot 45ml only. We have to work hard and drink more fluid already. Hope supply will be better in later stage.

oxgal,
Actually the 1st gynae when I came back to S'pore was same as yours. But switch after one visit...Btw
where got gd sale? Can u help check if fisherprice rainforest peek-a-boo leaves musical mobile got sale? retailing @$99

kome
dont get so stressed okay..you'll do great!
happy.gif

the key to have good supply is not to be stressed..so be positive thinking..and beat those post natal blues!!!

teddybaby
yea baby always put on weight every gyane visit..but not this much..wk 35 to 37 gain 300gr..recently wk 37 to wk 38 gained 400gr..but since dr adrian didnt say anything so i guess i dont need to be so worried...must not eat durian again!!!
anyway i also got water retention on my right ankle..just show up recently..but dr adrian said blood pressure is normal..so should be allright too...
between me,you and may wong..who will give birth first? my edd is 24 march..i think you'll go first
happy.gif

you'll be delivering at TMC right? what type of room that you'll be choosing?

Kome, don't despair. I am sure u have more than 20ml cause bb draining milk is more efficient than the pump. So I am sure he took more. Don't be sad or stressed, just do what you can.

Mommies celebrating the full month, can I ask, what are u all wearing? Omg, Haha, pre preggie clothes cannot fit. Preggie clothes, loose, or dress? Aiyo! Sian.

teddyBB

i regretted taking her now cos most of the time the questions tat we ask her ( we can guess wat she ll ans) so in e end i ended up leaving w/o asking

The main purpose to see her is only to scan and see/ make sure BB growing well

Anyway try not to think so much liao, haha already gg to give birth le.

the musical mobile is wat? ok ll check it out

re:baby chair
mummies..have you bought ur baby chair?
dunno whether should buy this at taka bb fair..but i think september will be having bb fair again rite? by that time bb is 6 mths old..so it's just the right time to buy..

miss83,
good that your BB got consistently put on wt, mine last 2 wks never, quite worried abt today's visit. My right ankle feet also abit swollen. My EDD is 19 Mar, but hope he won't come out early cos lift upgrading here very noisy. Project mgr says noise shld be done by end this wk. Also m'sian CL can come in earliest 17/18. Yup, at TMC. Most likely get the auto upgrade, though tempted to get the single bedder, keke

Kome,

Dun be discouraged!

My gal is having jaundice, and the polyclinic doctor's advice is to feed her FM, as he thinks that I'm not feeding her enough. I was pumping out 40ml each time. I was so upset that I anyhow pump (coz I would be throwing away the BM as my gal wont b drinking). And surprise surprise, I pump out 60 ml! Stress can lower the amount of BM!

Some tips that works for me: Drink hot milo and massage the base of the breast before nursing. Ganbete!!

Back