(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

What a bad start to the day, had a huge arguement with my hubby over the most trivial thing when he was driving me to work this morning! So sian!
sad.gif

mooniie,

I think the healthy times cereal is good because a lot of my friends are feeding that to their babies. I will also start marissa on their brown rice when she is 6 months old. Actually I realised quite a number of you have already started on semi-solids on your little ones. I will only start her when she is 6 mths old and thats like 2 weeks more cos she is already 5.5mths.
happy.gif

Gd Morning Mummies

Re: cereals
I give my gal some brown cereal mixed in her milk, recently think her poo poo change also, abit harder not like b4. so should i chg to white rice?

re: Milk drinking
yesterday was bad, bb wants water and not milk, we give her milk she cry until several tries then she start to drink her milk ( we keep giving water then milk water then milk again....)
Anyone having same prob?

i also think my gal getting lighter liao, ask PD she says as long as she got gain weight, it is OK. But in the long run, still OK meh??

Ann- added u

YiYI- Ya, i remember when we reach e airport, the tour guide was saying we wer lucky to see e snow (something like tat) haha tat was my ist time seeing *snow* so happy. (like mountain tortise)

Hi Mummies,

Are you bored with off-the-shelf/catalogue baby hampers? Tired of your baby wearing the same apparel as everyone else?

Then do check out Lil'Precious's custom-made apparel and accessories. We help moms create that unique fashion statement for their babies - from rompers, tees, pants and hats to even their personal beanie (the traditional bean sprout pillows with a stylish twist!)

Whether it's made for your own baby or as a gift for a close friend, Lil-Precious's personalised apparel adds fun and creativity to a baby's life, making it truly memorable.

Check out our collection at:
http://lilprecious-lilbeanie.blogspot.com/

Thank you.

Morning mummies ..
just back from the 1st trip with baby M, to KL visiting my PIL & to Genting ..
Baby M enjoy so much in my SIL house with all her cousins, till i think she dun remember me liao. Basically i only need to pump and all others jobs were done by the others. Too many people q'ing to carry her & the kids are there to entertained her all the time. She even slept with my SIL..*o*
We went Genting for the last 3 days. I think she is over played at my in law place & she was soooo tire & slept like 18hrs a day.. guess the weather is too good for her to sleep. Great that baby M is so brave to travel in car for such a long distance. Everybody loves her & beg us to bring her back as frequent as we can .. my SIL & MIL even request us to leave baby M in KL and they can take care for us ..

cereals,
i start giving baby M the rice cereals (to mix into her EBM) last 2 week.. she doesn't like on her 1st feed but i think now she had used to the taste of the milk with rice cereals liao. I'm increasing the rice cereals EBM feeding to 2-3 times a day now.

tried apple juice on baby M but i think it's a bit too sourish & she doesn't like it .. end up i drank the balance ..

flipping,
baby M can't stop flipping whenever have chance. Now, she loves to lift her buttock up in the air & push herself forward.. and use her hand to
'crawl' forward too. Cannot imagine the playmat is just too small for her now as she always goes 'out of the ring' and knock her head to the floor and cry ..

spotyger
U are Welcome~ juz type out only ma. I ve send a email but no reply yet.
ANother fren was telling me City plazza got one shop was selling cheaper.mayb u can check it out also? still got few months to shop around

Sinmey
car ride to genting with BB?wow ur BB can take it ah? Good good
I miss genting. ll go at least 2-3times a yr LAST TIME

PigPig,
Thanks will go check it out. Still got a couple of months for me to source for the clothes hee.

Sinmey,
Wow its great that your baby enjoy the trip. You all drove there?

hi Mummies,

I'm from Dec 08 thread .. I've a brand new polo Shortfall ( 9 months) for sale !!

Anyone keen to buy .. BRAND NEW with price tag!! I bought from Polo Raplh Lauren online from US and its too small for BIG BB.

I bought at USD19.90 (SGD29) ..and I'm willing to let go at SGD22 each

Patch Pocket Shortfall ( 9 months) Polo Raplh Lauren
2754223.jpg

PM me if you are keen to buy.

<font color="ff0000">yiyi</font> - thxs..i bought the red beanie from korea when i last went there. Only at $3. Think some BP selling similar ones but with more designs.

<font color="ff0000">missycandy</font> - u shld put a spy camera then u can capture unnoticed movement. heehee

<font color="0000ff">re: msn - who is Tiffany??</font>

Morning

Now than got the time to log in.

Wahaha......my boss give me the green light to work home today, so now at home. But my mum asked me to take care of my 2 boys instead.
sad.gif
Should not let her know i work from home, hide in my sembawang house instead. Haiz....no choice can only work till night time if really cannot finish.

corene,
babe, you have FB message!

Re: Dim SUm on wed.

Yah boy, thanks Ann, for organising yet another sucessful gathering. Am so sorry that I had to leave early that day too plus "steal" away a couple of people for the workshop. Actually I really shouldn't have gone for the dim sum but I simply couldn't resist missing out! Hahahah

Hey tusky, Vivien, babe (yvonne) ... hope you guys had a great time too! Think you guys were the new faces (for me) whom I didn't get to spend much time with that day. So sorry!

Btw, am going to meet Pepper at 2pm at the old big splash starbucks for chit chat plus webby discussion but hey we are bringign babies along so you can be sure that it won't be serious talk. hahahah more like momies catching up over coffee. Ayone wants to join pls sms me at 90686812 ok? all are welcome!

had a quick scan ... back this wekeend to reply but

sportyger,
today is fri liao. Weekend coming up. Cheer up yah?! Since it is trivial then don't let it ruin your upcoming weekend la, not worth it. I know I know easy for me to say Hahahah but what to do. At the end of the day stilll have to face him mah.

Strawberry,
sounds like you guys have sorted it out. That's fantastic! Am happy for you. Yah having your own family to care for your baby is better than sending to infant care. In fact I dare say taht it is better to have a neutral family member than your own MIL taking care of your child. At least it is easier to set ground rules plus win an argument with her than your own MIL should a conflict arise. :p

hey hazel,
u got my email regarding the sewing workshop?

pigpig,
not confirm yet for 6mths bash. U going? Sure, carrier long overdue, hehe, my bad. Sunday can? sms me to arrange timing okie

bumbo chair,
mummies using this chair, is it too late to buy?
is it useful?
Argh.. bb bryan dun wan lie down like bb jayden.. sobsob..
so thinking maybe a bumbo he will like..

need help..
happy.gif

sorry, no time to post more..

just want to add some comments..

mummies who are worry about ur LO development, dun worry, all bbs are unique, there will never be the same 2 bbs.

somehow, they will all rch Primary 1 in the same yr.. keke

pig pig/sportyger,
ya, we drove there.. must train her to get use to the car ride .. so that we could travel back to my in law house more often. I'm great that baby M can take such a long car ride ..

teddy
i reply you now ok. Give me 5 mins

hoho,
no point lah. My girl is already starting to get stuck inside. Buy 2nd hand

Btw, I send you ladies an email on the day of the sewing workshop with video aid plus outstanding amounts. Do have a look yah?

update on my bad experience stupid mummy here,

2 days ago, i brought my baby from my mum place to my mil place without bringing her FM along.(usually my mil hse got 1 tin)but forgotten i brought it over to my mum hse the nite before.
So happily at my mil hse, suddenly bb was crying for milk and can't find any milk powder. OMG,was dying for it. and it was late at nite all shop was closing soon. can't possible to go back to take it. luckily got one spare brown rice cereal standby. actually not intend to introduce as yet but no choice. Finally her dinner was settled and shortly after we head home.

another stupid act:
THIS morning while preparing her for shower. Placed her on my bed(in the middle). I heard boom sound. she was already lying on the floor. Her position was tummy on the floor. quickily carried her up.Didn't know she rolled over so quickly. Usually she only flipped within the area. Never tot of her rolling to the ground. so sayang for her. clumsy mummy here.

Ann - you sure did read a lot.. Thanks for the links!

P3pp3r - She will come to my place most of the time, whether we are at home or not... to check what is in my fridge, whether the clothes are washed and hanged dry...etc. Hmm.. Anyway she is a caring mum, just that her used of words are not careful.. I know she meant well but when talking about sensitive topic, she can just blah out without thinking of my feeling.. Hiaz..

Donroxx - Hmm.. come to think of it... I wan both leh.. oh no.. too greedy huh? I will choose her caring for baby as long as is for the good of baby, I will close both eyes and ears.. like what misscandy say... train to grandmaster level.. Haha..

Strawberry79 - At least your relative give you freq updates... I heard some don even want to give updates one.. Happy for you that things turn out well now.
happy.gif

Oxgal - I really think we have too many me too.. LOL.. Yes my 1st time seeing snow.. very shiok feeling when I got a warm can of drink from the convenient store and walking along the street

Sinmey - Sounds like you really enjoy the trip! Baby M sure did enoy the trip too! My hubby say he wanna drive up to genting, I was thinking possible meh? I scared by the time we reach destination, no more petrol to drive down hill..? Some more the road from what I rem long time ago, seems to be very narrow.. now leh?

Vernice80 - Wow, that's so cheap! I check the BP, seems to be quite ex compare to yours.. haha..I love red color, so I will get 1 beanie for my bb too.

<font color="119911">prosper,
gosh, u muz b damn heartpain manz. ur bb can flip so many times oready ah? got to place lots of pillow ard bb when u go away for a while else leave in cot or plc a mattress on flr, safer.</font>

prosper
sad to hear kayla also fallen off the bed..
rem to rub her head ya.. don blame urself. we are all learning to be a mom
happy.gif

great day ahead all mommies.

teddy, yiyi
finally got around to clearing my messages! so sorry for the delay.

Donroxx I mail to you this weekend ok>

Prosper!
*sayang mommy and baby K* babies are alot tougher than we think so don't beat yourself up too much ok? But yah, like what kris said, must place barriers around them like a fortress once they learn to flip. Very dangerous.

got to run

Sportyger
Don't think too much. He just came back to Singapore right? Enjoy your couple time, of course need to include your little one
happy.gif

Prosper
Oh dear.....sayang sayang Kayla. We all know you not purposely one, don't be so sad. Next time be more careful. Don't take any risk.

bluebell,
a lot of mums seems to have started on some form of solid food for their babies..Am thinking of starting from 5.5mths onwards. What brand of baby bites do you give to your baby? Am trying to eat infront of him and make yummy sounds to make him interested..heheh..

A fireangel,
Seems quite little clothings. Will definitely take your advice on layering. I remember last March, my hubby and me wore thermal + sweatsuit + silk blanket + heater.

p3pp3r
Last nite read from Super Baby Food that brown rice to start from 6mths where our bb digestive system are more develop to digest..

minnie24,
I took the flu vaccine a few weeks ago while on TBF. Can't rmbr my doc's explanation. Do ask your doc if you have doubts.

just now tried to give Heinz apple puree but she doesnt seem to like it. I think is too sweet. anyone tried giving this before?

luckily she didnt cry. but very heartpain. ya already surrounded all pillows liao. I should learn from queenie and jojo lesson!

prosper,

AIYO! I know how that feels.. When Eddric fell, I was also super gulity. Don't beat yrself la.. I think all children bound to fall at least once in their childhood?? Haha..
Anyway, watch out for signs of listlessness, nauseous or giddiness.. If not, like alfafa says, bb are tougher than what we think

Alfafa,
Wld love to join u guys! My MIL stays opposite East coast park lor! But 2 pm is too early for me

Re: Wednesday Dim Sum
Sorry for the late post. Been weaning Shayna from her night feeds and so sleepy during daytime to read and post. 1st 3 nights she cried pitifully like having milk withdrawal symptoms She stopped crying on the 4th night but still stays up for 2hrs at night feeling confused why no milk. PD told me to just give her some water instead. Seems to be working. Have to persevere with a heart of steel.

Thanks Ann &amp; Queenie for organising the gathering. Nice to meet you all and the dim sum was yummy. Hope can gather our babies out more often.
happy.gif

Teddy
Thanks! I asked Dr. Adrian too, he says can. But Hubby (gan-chiong daddy) called TMC parentcraft, they say need to discard BM within 6hrs from the jab. Dunno how...

Prosper
Sayang Mommy n BB K... My boy too will roll and can kick my "fortress"(blosters n pillows) off the bed... BBs now need to keep a watchful eye since now they r becoming more n more mobile..

Agnes
Thanks... so u just feed BM as normal after the vaccine? I went to Japan last March too... kekeke..

Andrique's Momme

Hi, my hubby and myself had our flu vaccine done a month ago whilst breastfeeding. GP said no problem. Shayna pooed green colour that very day. Otherwise, no other issue.

moomooland,

No worries... me even longer... hahaha... about 1 yr liao... Does ur hb request for it? Cos if he doesnt, i think it is fine. If he does, then might want to at least cuddle up or find some couple time. For me, i find bfing make me very unattractive, breasts always leak.. so i permanently no mood, once in a while got mood but think of leaking breast, cold water liao. Luckily my hb likes to just cuddle up and chit chat. As long as emotionally, u are still a couple and bb is not the only topic in ur conversations, i dont see a problem. But if u do feel like ur hb is not getting what he wants, why not talk to him abt it and see what he says.

prosper
mine is different case .. haha tristan happened to slp on top of me.. and rolled down. :x now i put the playpen directly next to my bed with a bolster covering up the gap.. my hb even wanted to change the whole bedframe and tristan's bed becoz of my negliance.

sportyger,
thks
happy.gif
most likely i'll wait as well since her tongue thrusting reflex is still quite strong. but she keeps putting her fingers into her mouth, and she looks so funny esp when she's trying to stuff all her fingers into her mouth! haa...

pigpig,
my gal was like that last wk when we brought her home. now seems to be drinking milk when my mom feeds her leh... so hopefully will stay this way when we bring her home this wkend

hoho,
my bb's using the bumbo. a bit small, so maybe not worth buying it now. but then again, she couldn't sit in it earlier coz her neck hadn't stabilised so would slump in it

hoho, so sorry I forgot to reply that day. You're welcome to try your baby in my Bumbo. She is still using now for feeding though. I thought I would transfer her to the high chair this week but she slumps down too much in that so will postpone for a while.

prosper, waaaaa, sayang Kayle. Did you try the Hipp milk yet??

For weaning, don't rush to do it girls. Just see when baby is ready. I met someone whose baby is 6months plus and didn't want solids. The girl is still very healthy and chubby though! PD did advise to wait til 6 months to eat rice cereal, stick to fruit and veg puree for now.

Babe, nice to meet you that day, sorry didn't manage to stay and chat. Hope you're joining us for the 6 months bash so we can chat then

Um, some of you have babies falling off the bed. For me, I sat on her accidentally... Latched her on while lying down and left her there while I went to get a glass of water, came back and sat down on the bed as I forgot she was still there. The little pig just made a face and growled at me! So I jumped up and kept saying sorry to her but she couldn't care less hahaha

pumpkin seed,
yes i already started giving her the hipp milk. but wonder can i mix? cos i have one tin of Nan pro at my mum place and i am using hipp at my place. so she will be drinking of both different milk at the same time. Is it ok?

I am not an expert but think should be fine. I had some leftover NanPro at my mums place so she drinks it while she is there. Then at home, it's Hipp. Can you see the diff? How it leaves no lumps after shaking the bottle?

prosper,
"sayang baby kayle", baby M also flips so fast that really have to keep an eye on her all the time.

Kome and alfafa,
Thanks gals! Now feeling ok liao, just upset to have such a bad start to the day! alfafa and pepper, enjoy your chit chat session!
happy.gif

I think my girl is a little toughie. Took 37 hrs to squeeze her out, end up blue faced in ICU, sat on her and yet she is so chubby bubbly. Really an OX.

mooniiie
it has been going on for quite some time ( not taking her milk prpoerly) now also dun dare to bring her go shopping liao.
haiz hope she resume her intake soon

prosper
sayang BB* dun blame urself la, I'm sure it happens to almost everyone. My gal also almost fall down from the pram (@home) cos i didnt belt her up.

pumpkin
haha baby A muz be staring at u for sitting on her. how adorable.

Guess what, i didnt noe today is FRIDAY!!!
haha i wan faint liao.

Back