(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

sportyger
if not try asking around and see who can lend u BB winter clothes? Post as shout-out in ur FB ba, who knows? Btw, are we friends in FB? haha cannot link the nicks to e names except MSCandy, the rest i guess one.

areya
argees with u too, some old folk really a hard nut to crack!but @ least let em know tat there are many other reasons also, not juz those tat they know.

Hello Mummies,
sorry to interrupt..

I have some cute Nike baby Bodysuits and beanies from korea for sale.. Visit us at -
http://iluvpeekaboo.blogspot.com/

2750763.jpg

2750764.jpg

sportyger
ahhh!! so shiok.. japan trip!!! haiz.. i can only dream liao.. hehehehhe...

yiyi
*hugs*
dun feel upset.. mil r like tat one.. are u staying with her? if not still good la, at least wun get to see her everyday.. just treat her words like "fang pi".. =P

i was oso complaining sometime ago how come my boy still cannot flip, but turned out tat he actually might flip earlier if not of his bad reflux n lack of "execise" on tummy.. anyway all babies has their own timing in certain development.. like wat areya said.. some babies might not even flip n go on to sitting liao.. some might not even crawl n skip to standing n walking liao.. my boy like areya's one can sit independantly leaning forwards as well.. thanks to their 30 degree lying position training.. whahahahaha...

Hi mommies, Thanks for all the sharing about baby's bedtime. How nice if my boy can sleep at 8-9pm, i usually put him to bed around this time but he will roll & roll till midnight, despite the room is dark & quiet. Guess i have to train him slowly.

Thanks again.
This forum is indeed very happening : )

anne
oya.. talking about sleeping, my boy use to sleep at 11plus till 3 month old, but dunnoe by when his own clock started to change to 9 plus.. he will go into auto mode to sleep one, think ur boy will as well just have some patient.. =)

sportyger
hey, dec is soon to come, remember we r just sharing about our little ones inside us kicking away n now they r out, started solid n coming to 6mth old.. OMG.. time flies!!! wah..

i brought my boy for another hair shaving again coz his hair is growing real fast, thought this time i can see him totally skin head but then, the kid's salon at parkway oso say his hair is too thick liao so impossible to see him skin head.. aiyo.. =(

Sportyger
Say too fast. My assistant manager came back and chit chatting with me Now than see previous mail.

Wahaha.......i never do much help also. I am road idiot. Thanks for giving a ride.

kome
try to feed anver 4 hourly..sometimes 4 months baby is ready for 4 hourly feeding..

irene
my boy for the past 3 weeks always wake up around 1-2am and 6am..same like zach. I found out that it's not hunger, he wakes up because of his transition of sleep cycle (from deep sleep to REM). Actually his eyes are still closed, but at first he makes alot of movement and then cry abit..sometimes he falls back to sleep but sometimes turn to big cry cry..
I also dont know how to make him sleep through like before..why suddenly bb can be so interrupted by sleep cycle!!??

re:drinking milk
ya same here...bb moves head when drinking milk

anne
make sure bb is not exhausted. if bb is over tired, he will have difficulties to fall asleep at night. make sure ur bb has at least 3.5 hours of naps (in total).

re: bb flipping
actually my boy can do it already at 3.5 months but the next day it seems he forgot how to do it. So I keep training him..now he can flip within 1 sec..

yiyi
just FYI, I have read this in magazine that letting ur bb drink from someone else's BM will make that person and the baby attached to each other.

Thanks so muc, Agnes..

re: bb flipping
my girl oso haven realli flipped over yet.. she is on half turn nia.. wahahahahahah... she but wen we put her tummy dwn, she can hold up her head.. im not too worried abt she stil haven learn to flip..

sportger,
its definitely much cheaper to get the clothings fm there. But tot of getting 1 or 2 pcs to standby first.

So gd, u bring bb to places. Havent travel for sometime already.

Baby cereal:
Can mummies share what brand of bb cereal u are/planning to feed your bb?

agnes
i m feeding my boy with Bellamy's Organic white rice cereal.. but only give him one to two teaspoon once a day.. has been on it for 2 days liao.. previously started him off with applesauce purees..

<font color="ff0000">sun96</font> - haha bryan also 4 mth today right? Ya i still like Joel with his hair but ok lah..since he is sheding hair so just cut lor..but he looks cute with his beanie. See pic below
happy.gif

2751028.jpg

<font color="ff0000">Queenie</font> - Jia you! Hope u pass with flying colors!! (Wow like long long time nvr use this phrase liaoz. Felt so old! After ur exams, can meet u at tamp for lunch cos my office in changi n got bus to tamp mall for lunch heehee.

<font color="ff0000">sportyger</font> - FOX got sale leh got some nice sweater for gals leh. Wa...u so onz go so many holidays at one shot!

Ohoh...or u wanna check with asura cos she brought her bb to US in winter too...saw her pics of 'puff up' baby.

<font color="ff0000">jojo</font> - so hows ur 'battle' going on?? ur students very sweet leh!

Wa so fast eddric teething??? OMG!

<font color="ff0000">yiyi</font> - hugz...don't worry abt not flipping. Joel can't even hold his head up at 2 mths plus n i got worried but things turn better naturally eventually one. So don't worry too much. As for BM vs FM, I think some of mummies here like <font color="ff0000">kome/missycandy</font> gave their darlings FM too n their bb turn out strong too. <font color="ff0000">missycandy's</font> princess can even imitate action of crawling now. so nothing wrong with FM lah.

p3pp3r,
Thanks. Can check w u if there are sodium content in the cereal? What abt the iron content?
Am thinking of brown rice cereal but not sure if it will be tougher for digestion or cause constipation?

Any mummies know how to wear baby for sleep during winter? I dun wan to overdress my boy or underdress either.

re: flipping,
I used to hope that my boy will flip soon but now that he has actually achieved it, part of me actually wishes that he hasn't mastered it yet :p cos now he wants to keep practising it, even when he is supposed to be sleeping .. faint! so now bed time is a long drawnout affair with me having to help him to flip back onto his back before he can sleep. And last nite, i woke up to find that he has flipped and was sleeping on his tummy .. gave me a fright for a while.

so ya, be careful what you wish for
happy.gif

Hi Agnes

I started Joyce on Frisocrem this week. Was intending to start when she's 5MO but my MIL gve her baby bites! Was a little upset cos I already took one week leav in Aug to start her on solids but oh well...Today she kept opening her mouth and reaching out for her kor kor's muffin so ...hee...I gave her some too :p

p3 - I'm so envious of Ziv's bountiful hair
happy.gif

ann
first time is like that..my boy only had troubles sleeping on the 1st night he mastered flipping. I put bolster in between his legs. dont worry, as long as his head/neck is strong..let him sleep on his tummy, if he's not comfortable, he will change his head position. lucky your bb can sleep through being on his tummy. my boy always wake up crying when sleep transition comes, sleep on tummy doesn't help, in fact it's more difficult to fall back to sleep after sleeping on tummy. maybe he's not used to it.
haiz...anyone knows when bb will not wake up at this sleeping transition?

After reading so many mummies advice and consoling words.. I feel much better!

Oxgal, the problem is my MIL don trust the PD at all… she only trust her frens and herself. That’s why she says PD will not be able to detect anything…

Pinksorbet – my boy also reduce on milk intake recently, so I am going to start him on cereal and baby food during night time and hopefully he won wake up at odd hours during night time....

Lizy – you are right that she will listen to her son, but my hubby is always busy at work … so don feel like telling him all this to add to his problem…

Fireangel - Ya… I am training myself to try to filter her words…

P3pp3r- I am staying next to her block.. have to see her almost everyday, even weekends..

Sportyger – I rem going to japan last year feb, it was snowing and I see many small kids with 2 pink cheeks on their face (cold cold mah)… soooo cute loh!

Miss83 – You mean if I give my boy my SIL bm, then she will be more attached to her than me?

Vernice – I love the red beanie… so cute!!! Where you get it from?..
happy.gif
Ya... I grew up drinking FM too... I tried my best to offer him my bm, no regrets actually, just cannot help feeling bad when she said that.

Ivy, Minnie24 – Thanks for your advice.
happy.gif

scrumpee - I will try to patiently wait for him to flip.
happy.gif
happy.gif

agnes,

during the cold months the heater should be on so no need to dress bb too thickly. i keep mine just in a normal cotton sleepsuit that button in the front - long sleeves both top and bottom that also cover the feet, and just use a fleece blanket + jersey blanket. Better to cover in several thinner blankets than a thick comforter so that u can take/remove layers as temperature dictates.

yiyi
haha so "qiao" we got so many 'me too" i also went japan last feb.
Weather so cold tat i keep shivering.
since ur MIL like tat, juz 'one side in, one side out' la. dun think so much OK? @

yiyi
I'm not sure about bb being more attached to other ppl BM than her own mother. What i remember is that I read an article saying that they will become attached. well, forget what i say..I may forget what it exactly says..maybe this applies when the person latch the bb directly..

Yiyi,

Brianne is now 4 mths and 2 weeks.. she still can't really flip over.. one of the arm always got stuck.. she is trying very hard but not successful and always end up crying.

i wouldn;t bother about all these.. cos every child's development is different and at different rate..

yiyi,

before u start ur baby on solids u might want to just check with ur pd first? The international guideline for weaning is actually at 6 months as it is felt that by that age, the babies will be able to digest solids. Starting solids too early may bring on its own set of problems as well. My pd though has given the green light for me to start my boy on solids when he hits 5 mths which is next week.

But wah, very stressful. Now i am researching on how to wean him .. alot of conflicting info
sad.gif

Oxgal - rem that time we were there and Tokyo is snowing... everyone is so excited about it as Tokyo sledom snow.. I went to Sapporo for the ice sculpture.. u went there?

Miss83 - no worries, I go find more info online... Thanks for you help!
happy.gif

Lenny - I won wan to bother... but you know my MIL is nagging about it everyday.. hiaz... really have to train myself to grandmaster level for "one side in, one side out"

Ann - Ok.. I also scared wait got prob.. better to check with PD 1st.. One of the forumn mummy gave me this link, seems quite informative, you can go read about it when free..
happy.gif

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

misscandy
it just struck me that I can try checking if huggies can offer some freebies too for the bash. Got the idea from the feb thread. will let you guys know but no guarantees hor.

momooland...why not u n hb make time to hav couple time n leave bb in a trusted caregiver's hands? Couple time muz not b compromised....sexual fulfillment is a rather impt need for hbs...they onli show love when they r sexually happy...not a matter of whether normal or not, if both of u r agreeable to hav status quo...itz fine...but if e abs of doing it is due to bb caring, then probably u need to discuss n prioritise...we hav heard too many marriages deteriorating when kids come along...
happy.gif

Ann...tks for e encouragement...mayb im a slow warmer...hope i can join more gatherings then e ice ard me will melt...
happy.gif

Yiyi...noe ur anger towards ur mil but i believe she is jus being frank w u without putting much thot in her choice of words...u heard it emotionally but she said it as a matter of fact...aniwae i agreed she shld trust u as ur child's mom n let u n hb (her son) make e decisions...

FLIPPING
abel likes to flip when no one is watching...heee...mayb his muscles for turning not tat strong yet; but i notice one of his shoulders usually jammed halfway, now easier to turn liao...i tink we can give some prompting but oso let nature take its course...like learn kung fu...e child needs to gain more mastery over his body b4 he dares to try new stunts...for all u noe in mths to come u hope he does not learn so much movt n end up blue black here n there...dilemma ah...

Miss 83, is tat true abt drinking other BM? Then taz scary...how come? Due to taste/smell distinguishing?!

National Day coming....hurray for e long weekend! Working momz mus b counting down liao...

i am not entirely sure cos i usually scan through and only read more carefully when there are topics that interest me. I guess when you're not having face to face communications, misunderstanding can sometimes arise as you may make certain assumptions about the intended tone of the message?

anyway, i think we women are just sensitive creatures lah heehee.

Any working mummies face this problem where bb dun want mummy to carry.

I am a working mum where my MIL looks after my girl frm Mon~Thur day &amp; nite. I only bring my girl back hm on fri evening after work. But,i went to MIL's hse daily after work,so that MIL can cook dinner.

But still,sometime my girl dun want me &amp; my hubby to carry. Only MIL carry her,she will stop crying.

Any mummies can advse me the reason for bb behaviour? And what is the solution?

Vivien,

I know it is heart breaking for you. BB will only allow ppl that he or she trust to carry or attend to her. likely cos your MIL has been her main care giver that's why..

how about bringing bb home everyday after work? may help with bonding..

annt &amp; tusky... - i think its best for us not to comment openly abt febbies... heh heh heh.. wait kena dragged in also... heh heh heh... they are... well jus different from us i guess... =P

we shall remain frnly &amp; happening!!!
happy.gif
hurhurhur

alfafa - ooo yes pls ! no worries la! if cn then good for all attending.. if not then its okie... hee hee...

yiyi - ya.. its hard la... already i seldom see my Inlaws but everytime i see them, they pass remarks which irritate de hell outta me... yes must really become grandmaster level of the 1 in and out the other technique.. LOL!

vernice - yalo. imitate crawling. WAHAHAHA. the humper in action LOL!!! anyway she is sort of crawling olredi leh... jus that i cnt catch it... yesterday i put her on the playmat behind me which is few feet away frm me.. next moment, i heard a sound and she is lying next to my leg -_-" i also dunno how she got there. macham fly somehow. hahahaha! everytime my back is turned, she performs some stunt.. when i turn back, she is in another position which doesnt seem possible... but when i look at her and try to videocam it down, nth happens.. -_-"

ah yes flipping... - tummy time is good ... and yes dont worrie... babies will flip when they want to... some are jus later... some dont even flip and carry on to sit n crawl or stand... so dont worrie so much mummies!

jojo - ooo cool! tooth! where is it located? front? if its the sides, quite likely cyst... or natal tooth... if front and sharp prolly is a tooth... yippee for Zen Eddric. LOL

facebook - hmmm yes there are some whom i do not know also... heh heh heh...

sportyger - *envy envy* do have fun!!!

vivian - give bb a bit of time... i think some of the other mummies also faced the same situation.. maybe they cn advise u... it is heart breaking... probably need to bond a little more with bb.. as they r becoming more aware of environment and such... *sayang*

agnes
i dun think it contain sodium coz din see any on the package le but itz iron content.. i think brown rice is kinda good too.. actually wanna try on healthy time brown rice one but happen tat the ntuc i went no stock so i just take bellamy's organic instead lo.. haiz.. i gotta finish off his rice cereal within 4 weeks le arbo gotta throw away..

bluebell
thanks..hahha.. tatz y after shaving he still seem like got alot of hair one.. ns style.. lol

yiyi
wa but can u choose to go over her plc for like an hr n then off one? i lagi jiat liat lo.. staying with my mil n use to always hear her nagging one.. hahaha.. master the art of hear no evil liao.. cannot stand her one.. every week i will be going back to my own mommy's plc to stay for a few days i think she get my message n seldom nag liao.. if she starts i go right into my room n close the door.. *dun give her face liao* whahahaha
she is opposite with ur mil, always ask me when will i give him formula lo.. then kept telling her tat i will bf him for as long as i can.. aiyo fan si ren le... *far bu lo so* lolz..

mummies who add other mummies on FB, can yo write a personal message with your forum name?
I didn't add some because I could not reconcile your real names with forum names he he, not purposely ignoring you

Pumpkinseed
ME too, also don't know which mummy add me cos don't know their nick but I just accept after checking the mutual friends, so I more or less know is from this thread.

Hi mummies

my facebk acct. Annmelody@rocketmail.

DS lunch
As long as mummies enjoy can already. Me also like mah

stress
me recently very stress think not managing my job stress as well as previously. Wonder if it's bse me old already n not so much energy or I'm just expecting too much from myself. Even on leAve, I still attend to calls on workstuff. Sigh. My neck hurts badly n even having bad headaches recently. ReAlly wish I can take a big step to become a sahm but can't bare to lose the financial freedom

weight loss
this time round I still have 5-6 kg to lose n my fat tummy. Difficult to lose weight I think as I eat at will n dun watch my diet. My first pregy I lost all my weight I. 2.5 mths!!!!!!

Food gathering
anyone keen on steamboat? My favorite

pumpkin and scrumpee, do you know who is the mod for the facebook group for march mummies? I think i requested to join, waiting for response :D

yiyi.. only give baby what you are comfortable with. ask hubby to help you when it comes to MIL? also weigh out what is more important - MIL caring for baby or what you want for baby. if former then have to close both eyes n ears le. if latter, then be firm and do not compromise.

vivian.. i had the same problem during the first 7 weeks - baby prefer confinement lady or hubby to carry. in fact baby preferred everyone else (my parents, even my bro) over me. was so sad that i ended up ignoring baby n pretend to coo over him only when hubby is home (dun let hubby see this!!). now things are the total opposite, baby is so sticky that i'm going nuts. good thing i love going nuts over him haha. babies would be more attached to whoever they spend most time with. try spending more time with your baby (bring home more often, or spend more time while at in laws) and do not let other people interrupt the precious time you have with baby.

annmelody:: SAME SAME. i also lost all my weight and tummy for #1 in like less than 3 months. NOW think they are HERE to stay!!! he;lpppppp!!

sportyger:: haha really la. not comforting you but now they drink milk and can just rely on milk alone, is the best! don't need to worry on what to feed them! haha!

Come sept holidays if you mommies have any dim sum or any lunch, I can go join you all!!
happy.gif
Think i will want to arrange my trishelle to go attend some class trials during hols. HAHAHA!!

Vivien, Ivy, Sung, Alfafa, mangogal..

I had a talk with my hb...and i told him we cant afford the amt to pay the relative. At the end, he said just give the amt that we used to pay to my mom, to pay the relative and his mom (who's doing the sums) will cover the balance using the profit generated from their business. Anyway...i dunno if the relative is doing a gd job cos im not around in the day to see. But she does gives me updates when i return...eg. my son doesn't want to sleep but just wants to be carried around in the day, whether he drinks milk or not..etc. From wat i hear, he's definitely bullying her. But it's obvious that she kinda dote on him so at least i know he's in safe hands while im away at work

I also wish i can be a SAHM...but my hb has rejected me saying now not so possible yet until his businesses picks up..so now im hoping also..
But i did tell him that i would want to be a SAHM or at least just go part time if/when no. 2 comes along.

strawberrys79,
glad that things turn out well after discussion with your hb. As long as bb is happy, well fed, then i think the relative is trustable lah. My #1 was cared for by my aunt in his first 18mths, he is forever bullying her till she dun dare to help me with the #2 now..haha... After 18mth, she ask me quick quick send #1 to childcare!

yiyi, please don't feel that you are not a good mom. You did your best and want the best for your own child. Your MIL is really insensitive on this..
Don't worry about the flipping. Eventually your baby will know how to flip.

miss83, mine is reallly hungry leh... cos he will cry loudly if we don't feed him.

Vivian, for my case is when putting Zac to sleep. He normally will only wants my mom to put him to sleep. He definately do not want his daddy and for me, I can only latch him till he falls asleep.

Baby Cereals: which brand de is good? I'm actually looking at organic rice cereal.

gd morning mommies,

glad to know that it's actually normal that milk intake is reduced at some point or another. got me and hubby so worried initially coz she had lost quite a bit of weight (appearance wise)

vivian,
my gal also cranky every wkend when we bring her home. but she's not like that when at mom's place. guess they need to spend time at home for a longer period then they will get used to it.

mooniiie, deps on when you're starting your baby on the cereals. My pd advised to give white rice cereal first at 5 mths then brown rice cereals at 6 mths cos brown rice is harder to digest. HT only has brown rice no white rice so if you're starting before 6 mths maybe try something else first. Think there is Bellamy White Rice (Organic) and Heinz (Organic and non-organic) to consider. I am planning to start with Heinz at 5 mths cos Bellamy is a little exp. But still debating whether to give organics or not... However, at 6 mths i will start on HT cos i have alot of friends feeding their babes that.

Back