(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

pigpig, my girl was born in Feb and she went through the fussy milk drinking stage. It went away after a while though so don't worry.

Queenie, she just opened her eyes stared at me and went back to sleep. Babies must be tougher than we think in some ways. I was horrified because I put my whole body weight on her for a second or 2. Maybe the mattress cushioned some of the impact.

Anyway, better log off now and take care of my lumpy boob. Feel fluey and a bit feverish. Is this the onset of mastitis??

queenie,

You study until blur already ah?? Hee hee, it's the weekend, go enjoy family time with Tristan and HB. Next Mon then resume your 'bia-ing' for your papers. Good luck for your exams!! Jia you!!!

pumpkin,

Woman!! you sat on A? Ya like what Proper says, it's a good job you are slim. Can you imagine if I sat on Mikaela?!! She will probably hate me forever!!! Oh, I bought a bebepod plus (green kiwi). Hee hee hee .....:p All these baby stuff are buring a BIG BIG hole in my pocket!!

pumpkin,
aiyyoo... heng u skinny spider ah..

ann,
i TT to u liao.

alfafa,
u hv ocbc? if not can wait till wkends, need to transfer funds to posb.. keke

think i will rent or buy 2nd hand bumbo, since not worth to buy.

HEY, anyone come across a 2nd hand bumbo cheap cheap, shout for me hor.

alfafa, pumpkinseed
Hehee, a lot of you mummies catching up with each other. I'm usually rather quiet in a big group. Just prefer to watch and listen to you all
happy.gif
Yea, can't wait to the babies 6th month bash.

pumpkin,

Pump and latch much much more!! I had a limp the other day also. What I did was as I pump, I pressed really really hard on the lump (ouch!) until my fingers go numb. Then got to resort to using implements to press on it, because my fingers are jelly already
sad.gif
Been doing that for a few days and the lump is getting smaller.

If you feel the onset of mastitis, perhaps you can take a panadol? Heard that it helps. Hope you will feel better soon!!

Pumpkin, y u sit on BB A?
Take care of your boob and do a lot fo wamr massage!

Queenie, yeah it is friday, very impt to working mothers u know? hehe :p

Prosper, dun blame urself la..babies at this stage very active so hv to be careful, watch her closely frm now on can liao
happy.gif

Sayang Kayle
happy.gif

PLAYMAT:
Anyone order? I order frm SSW BP, waiting to collect after national day, so excited!

babe
hows ur girl's rashes?no worries, about being the listener.. i think when in group gatherings there muz be listerers and speakers. keke if not very messy..
happy.gif

pumpkin
haha i agree with u.. babies seem alot tougher then we think.. juz like tristan's fall.. he merely cry softly for a few secs in his sleep. maybe he didnt even know about the fall. haha.
u better pump out more.. could be mastitis? warm massage! rest more ya.

mangogal
u ordering LG or Parklon? i got mine from World of korea last month. what size are u looking at?
haha ya i know is impt to u all workingmoms...

pei
ya stressed until blur.. u see, my first paper is on monday. FAINT... and i have this tendency of slacking when the exams is drawing very near.
tts why u see im posting here.. destressing in progress..

haha pumpkin is slim not skinny spider .. spider word is so creepy..

toking abt playmat, i always went into the bp to see see but end up nv order anything. very very keen to get one! duno should i or not?

Prosper, I think playmat is a good investment, can let them flip, crawl, n play toys on it, very fun and also if order those ABC prints, they can learn frm it
happy.gif

so good u guys going for holidays! Intend to go Italy end Aug with my fren too. luckily nv book ticket yet, cos last mins she told me she cant go already. now so sian.

mangogal, i keep looking for a print with ABC but i dun like yellow bear and pooh. Fengshui says i "chong" with winie the pooh. looks like all playmat is pooh lei.

ahhh playmat, wat do u mummies think of those cube ones that have ABC? I'm thinkin gof getting those instead of a playmat...cheaper...hehe

i oso wanna go on a holiday but hb not keen...if go with my frens i feel v bad leave my bb here lor...will miss him like siao..haha

Hi alfafa,
I regret buying BP's baby leg warmers as quality lousy! Feel stupid waste $$$. Feel like throwing them into rubbish bin. One of it is too short and of wrong colour. The so called Japanese brand is made from China. I think I shall go back to Mothercare to get another pair original BabyLeg; another $$$ gone...
sad.gif

mangogal
i think hb also got 1900mm size.. thickness is 15mm..i prefer big ones. hehe, u wan to use 6 panels play yard to surround it then i think 1900mm is still small..

Prosper - No worries, babies are tough! My boy fall off face down from his changing station when he is 2 weeks old... I was crying all the way from my house to the hospital at 6a.m. He was wawawawa crying.. Went thru x-ray and then know that nothing fractured and then I was relief... Not a good experience thou.. :p

Hazel - got your mail... you must be very very busy! Haha..

Oxgal - R u joining the upcoming sewing class?

I am getting the weaning machine.. looks interesting..
happy.gif

Queenie, I nt sure how many panels to surround the playmat..I will chk again after I collect the mat lor..

Aiyo go holidays, I will bring bb, cant bear to leave her alone in spore:p

yiyi, urs was bad to the extent of xray.. u must be worried sick. my hb will scold me till mad if he knows it glad to hear he is fine!

My mum knocked kyan's head onto the metal bar of the sarong a few days ago cos he was fidgeting here and there....then bang, his head one ba luku...after that my mum use a boiled egg to rub on the sore area...

than the other day my mil cut into kyan's flesh when she was cutting his nails...

i guess accidents are inevitable ba....

we just gotta b extra careful...tho i mus admit i do feel stressed at times taking care of bb cos have to watch out this and that!

Pinksorbet - agree with you that we feel stress and be extra careful when taking care of bb, if really got accidents that are inevitable, we just have to learn our lessons.
happy.gif

agnes,

u can also get velour sleepsuits, or if u only have cotton ones and ut's really freezing despite heater just layer bb with a cotton romper underneath. ideally try and keep the ambient temperature no less than 18 degrees C lah, then the one layer sleepsuit shd be enough along with the layers of blankets.

if it is freezing like nobodys business put a cotton sleeping hat as a last resort, but if u do check periodically that bb is not too hot by feeling tummy/back of neck.

RE: Flipping
I used to worry why my baby don't flip. But these few days she likes to flip. So, sometimes can be difficult to change her diaper and change her clothes as she keep flipping...
I think baby seem to like to flip when we are not looking at them. In fact, the first time we saw our baby flip was when we purposely left her on our bed and hid at one corner to observe her flipping.

RE: Playmat
I think playmat is very useful to help baby to learn flip and crawl. I got my LG Prime playmat from BP at $218 for size 1900*1300*15
I'm thinking of getting another one to put at my mum's house but this time considering Parklon as want to cut cost to half. HeeHee...

Yiyi - saw the bp on wean machine, looks pretty useful...tempted to order one oso..

Idlecat - those playmat not cheap rite? i'm thinking of buying those cube soft pads for bb to lie and play on instead of a playmat (not sure if u know what i'm talking about)...i saw those non branded playmats selling at $60+ outside...I'm even thinking of putting my boy inside the playpen to play with the toys...haha...i'm a cheapo mummy lo....

RE: Solid Food
I'm getting excited on starting solid food for baby
happy.gif
Just bought an IKEA red hot high chair with cushion to be use when feeding baby solid... Thinking of getting a hand-held blender to make puree. Any recommendation? very dilemma to start with cereals or puree first... PD recommend solid after 6mth leh... but baby seem to be interested with what we are eating

yes yiyi.. i oso find dat is useful.. & nw is to wait for pd to nod her head on startin weanin bb.. as my bb is havin skin prob, so she cant start iz nw.. seein my bb look at mee eat wit her tougue stuckin out, i feel lik givin her a taste of wat i eat lor..

mangogal
6 panels about 2100mm if am nt wrong
u can check with the closed bps here selling haniem playyards for the measurements.. same as cheng choon ones..

Pink,
Initially I was like you one intend to buy those cheap verson of rubber ABC soft cubes pads, but my frens said that those ABC cubes can be dismantle easily and babies will take and chew. Morever, nt sure the material isit safe, at least the playmat I order is non toxic and feel safe to put my baby on to play
happy.gif

I will see what is worth buying for brandnew, what is not...like babycot & bumbo seat, I gt 2nd hand cheap cheap also,haa...

Idlecat,
Does the red high chair that you bought from ikea come with white or red tray? was gonna buy it last week but they only had white trays so my hb wanted to wait and see if there are red ones as well ...

mangogal - huh realli ah...hmm hmm...i find playmat better oso in the sense the material is not so rough lo....ya bumbo seat i intend to get second hand...high chair too...

mummies, actually i ask a qn the other day but got no reply...wats the difference btw a bebepod and a bumbo chair? which is better?

Working mummies:
Hv u plan ur childcare leave? Cos cant fwd to next yr n need to utilise by end of this yr, we hv 6 days rite?
I need to plan liao, hmm..maybe use my childcare leave for the cruise holiday.

Sportygal, u using childcare leave n AL for ur 2 trips rite?

Cindy, hey hope to see you soon, Trishelle is so adorable now frn FB photos!
happy.gif

Minnie/Pauline, u taking what vaccine?
I intend to take hep B, cos I hv no immunity liao

Hi pinksorbet,
Don't said cheapo, as long as the playmat you getting is safe and comfortable enough to cushion baby from fall, should be ok. My friend said baby tend to fall backward while they are learning to sit. My mum currently using her big comforter as a playmat for my baby at her house. Save $$$ KeKeKe... but I think better not, so thinking of getting another but cheaper one. There's a $99 playmat in BP, you want to check it out? I'm considering the "Yellow Bear" design at $119

Back