2008 P1 Registration

BlueBells,

That's one of my worries too
sad.gif

Actually, another considering factor for me is I got 2 kiddos, so if everything runs smoothly for me this time round, I wldn't have to be so stressful again when is time for my younger to register (just need to "suffer" for once only.....heeeheeeheee :p)

miao (miao), actually you can register as what Wish a boy (foocj) said. Register at Phase 2A then try to confirm a place at Phase 2B if ok then withdraw Phase 2A and register at Phase 2B instead. The only risk is when you withdraw, what if Phase 2B all taken. How do you withdraw? Can just call to withdraw then save the travelling time and immediately can register for Phase 2B after withdraw after phone call.

Hahahaaa...Tigress (tigress). My gal is same age as your boy too. I chance upon this thread feel excited for the mummies who are registering for their child for next year pri sch. Think when my turn comes, I will be very stress like them too. So learn from Wish a boy (foocj) to my hmwk early. See see look look for advice from the mummies.

BTW about whether you are living within 0-1km/1-2km/>2km. I just learnt that the area covered varies every year so must call the school you are interested to enrol your child into to check whether you fall in which category. Of course the variation will not differs greatly each year. Only slightly. I called the school out of curiosity to find out which category my place falls in.

Hi all, I did not get in the choice of my school. but principal say he will put me on top priority for waiting list. Imagine....i;m the only one under balloting that did not get in.
sad.gif

May i know what are the chances of those already registered under previous phase (ie 1A to 2B2) withdrawing? Principal say there is, but i dun know if he is saying that to entertain me or what?

I just want to know my chances....anyone can advise? much appreciated.

don't worry! i've heard of many cases of withdrawal after balloting. if you are under 2b waitlist the chance is high.

i wasn't there at the ballot this morning..hubby went instead.

cowcowcow,
i personally know of a mum who registered under ex-student phase (at one of the popular school), but is waiting for day 3 of phase 2c enrolment to decide if she should try for the popular school nearer to her home. so there is still hope.
happy.gif
but do keep a back up plan in mind.
happy.gif

take it easy..
dun give up hope..no one is gg to laugh about it..after all the efforts you put in is u derserve a pat on the shoulder.

fz
If ballot out at 2C (within 1km), can waitlist? Based on what reason? Close proximity is not a good reason enough as half being ballot out have the same reason.

chicken little
since you stay so near De La Salle, have you heard that they are sourcing for a place as current location they want to renovate?

Seems every yr, there is 50% chance at 2C (ie 2 people eyeing for 1 place). I wonder why they can't keep their max vacancies.

cow cow cow
I also happen to know of a PV mum who registered under Phase 2B for her dragon child, did not get a place after balloting and put into waiting list. And after P1 school reopens on 2nd day, she was offered the place. You may want to try her method ;)

But in between, she put in a lot of efforts to visit and talk to the Principal and get update on her chances. I think it helps to ensure that she was not forgotten on the waiting list.

Neko

must find out whether it is comletely out of existence or it's merely a merger & didn't retain the school name

if it's a merger, I suppose you can still use your report card for 2A2. Call up MOE to check

caroline3sg

just ask to be placed on wait list lor. Not all those who were balloted out will ask to be placed on wait list. I think most just gave up

Call the school often enough so that they don't forget you. That's what my friend did, managed to transfer in P2

Miao
You may want to look at other option to increase your chance. My fren signed up for HKHK, lucky she was is now staying with in laws within 1 km from Tao nan, otherwise she will be among to 30 to ballot for 8 seats in 2B.

sleepingsolutions
I agree. Because my hb is one of those who wants to try for other school for proximity vs getting into Nanyang which I have registered. But this time I realli dun want to stress. I choose to have a secured seat. I felt stress for my fren who went to ballot for 2B too, glad she got in.

carol
I heard the mummies saying that turnover of teachers is high , so maybe that is why difficult to open up more classes ?

I dunno. Let me ask my nanny whose son is in pri 1 there now.

cow cow cow
Which school you trying in for how come only you ? they cannot allow 1 more ?

my colleague PV for henry park oso have to appeal to get in so nothing is impossible just have to try and try

chicken little
I thought the turnover of teachers happened yrs ago. Now still have? In fact, RGS also high teacher absentism.

My girl said one week chinese teacher never come, another week english form teacher never come. Relief teacher never teach. I told her many times don't waste time talking to friends in class. She did her homework in advance esp chinese xi zi and tries to finish others in sch.

hippo2002
Top waiting list should be those from 2B. There are 12 of them ballot out (outside 2km).

Hi chicken little,
Appeal means what? Appeal through MOE? or appeal through principal? How to appeal? Can u kindly help me ask your friend? Many thanks

caroline3g

my friend wait list for 2C
maybe that's why a longer wait since only managed to transfer in P2

yours phrase 2C? you forsee balloting?

hippo2002
Yes, mine 2C. Every yr ballot within 1km and no. of applicants to vacancies is more than 2:1.
The principal so good to entertain, ah? What reason your friend give?

No special reason leh. Just keep following up until a vacancy arise lor.

My friend's friend more innovative. She volunteered in one of the top schools for her younger child & managed to get a transfer for her elder child while she was volunteering. Her younger child immediately qualified for phrase 1, didn't even have to ballot at phrase 2B

thanks chicken little. I have spoke to the principal many times and he knows my situation. No good school around my area so i dun really have a second option, also i have clocked in many hr as PV. Think he will help me...just a matter of when. Hopefully someone will withdraw from previous phase lor
happy.gif

cow cow cow
I think your chances should be very good. Your many hours of PV and continous engagement with Principal will let you have an edge over other appeals.

Just don't give up hope, be very thick skin and kept talking to the Principal, convinced him that you are very determined to get your child into the school ;)

annlee
ha ha it got my colleague in woh. hee hee. she went office to show pathetic face too. She very involved with all activities in school lor

Hi cowcow, jiao you and good luck!

Mummies, just out of curiosity, if the vacancies are all taken up at P1 level, how do those who are from other schools get transferred to the gifted program in those selected schools? Is it new class that is created for each year?

Hi Mummies,

Great to find this thread.

Can I ask whether anyone has any comments (good or bad) about the following schools to share?

- Nan Chiau Primary
- Compassvale Primary
- Rivervale Primary
- Mee Toh Sch

TIA

Hi Mummies

Can advise : -

My MIL stays within 1KM from the school and I am going to MOE to do SD, therefore under phase 2C, 1-2km catergory.. what if I do volunteer work, what category would I be in then ?

Thanks!

kwong,
you better check what are the probabilities of success rate in Phase 2B for 1-2km and for Phase 2C for 1-2km. In event where balloting is required for Phase 2B for 1-2km and those unsuccessful ones when go on to Phase 2C, if Phase 2C for 1-2km stand absolutely no chance, then it is a double whammy!

Hi, can I check with those parents who have registered their child in the earlier phases, do we need to make copies of the required documents and bring along too?

hi,

My friend is registering her son in a more popular school, and most probably needs to ballot,

Anybody knows of anyone who did appeal or put on the waitlist and has succeeded ?

How to make sure we are given higher priority in the waitlist?

pressuredkid

I brought along photocopies of NRIC & birth cert
the school has copiers on standby for parents who didn't have photocopies

thanks, hippo

Looks like I'll have to get the copies ready too. Congrats to you in getting your dd into your choice school, so is it RSS or Temasek? I'll be waiting till the last day of 2C to decide which school to go.

Called up the school to check on the no. of registrant today and the school confirmed that balloting is required within 1 km and today is only the 1st of registration.
kao_sad2.gif

Mine is within 1 km from the school.

Hi fz

MOE website updated. 90 have registered today for 85 vacancies. If really can't get in, my plan B is either Woodland Pri or Innova Pri.

Which sch are u registering?

Hi Mommies.
Can anyone rank these four schools.
a. Fuhua Primary School 1.78 km
b. QIFA Primary School 2.21 km
c. Nan Hua Primary School 2.51 km
d. Yuhua Primary School 2.52 km

I've the above 4 schools in my area. Thanks

Suprisingly after first day, no. of applicants less than vacancies for Nanyang and Peihwa.

I think more and more people (who are eyeing these 2 sch) are waiting for the day 1 results before casting their vote

hi mummies,

anyone know what's the difference between ACS primary and ACS junior? heard comments that ACS primary is the "rich man's" school and always ask for donation. is tat really true? what abt the junior?

Back