(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

tamms,
Ya. I agree with you, it's like just starting to have mens all over again. So need at least a few more cycle to confirm tat it is back to normal and u can predict ovulation based on the cycle.

Btw, I read that some woman can actually "feel" the ovulation... Can u? Somesort of a dull ache at the adomen area... *Hmmmm*

Jappooh,
Ur phone plan is 21 mths liao uh? Mine is not leh... Cos my sis use my plan to get a phone. THEN her phone havent one year spoil again... SIAN...

Snowger,

ya .. so your inbox not so cluttered .. your will only see one entry from one person .. when u click on it .. then it opens up u can see the whole sms conversation.

but hor, I dunno whether it's just my phone or it's a flaw of the phone model ...

if I leave my wifi on (connected) for a while ... say about 10 min or so with no activity (I just leave MSN running) ... the phone heats up a bit and SHUTS OFF LEH. totally shut off .. not go on standby. so I dunno leh whether it's a flaw or just MY phone that's like that but I'm too lazy to send it in for repair ... anyway I don't need to leave the wifi connected needlessly.

Jappooh,
Depends on how u see it... For me, if my phone die on me and I need to buy one to replace and it fits my requirement. I guess $298 is ok. I ever paid close to $600 for a samsung D500C the black slider (w/o contract) and I was not working yet then (I used my savings to buy the phone)... I swear never to do tat again - so i most prob won't buy an iphone. *HEH*

kristalangel,
Tat seems to be a valid concern! does it shut down if you actively surf using wi-fi for more than 10mins?

My Nokia oso overheats on it's own and shut down and i wasn't even doing anything! It could be a phone problem. Shall ask around and see if other Omnia users have tis prob too...

kristalangel,
We're turning this thread into a hardware forum... Talking abt phones! LOL.

I heard from my friends that they still get GPRS data usage despite using WIFI which is suppose to be free. Is it true?

Snowger,
frankly speaking i used to pay quite a amt for hp last time. But now when come to hp i will think twice..haha..

My hubby say ok lar the price so i will see how loh.

Sam,
my sil have a Omnia maybe i ask her.. But she dun use much on the internet one so dunno she will have this problem anot.

Snowger,

ya, it happened to me in the beginning .. incurring GPRS charges .. cos it will auto use the Starhub GPRS whenever u try to log onto the net or sifi gets disconnected. There is a small program that I downloaded that DISABLED GPRS totally !!! so happy .. so now, it's completely WIFI ONLY.

No, if I'm using it won't shut off .. I think it does it to prevent the phone from overheating.

haiyah, jappooh, $298 cheap aldy lor. I paid 500 for my Omnia I think. WITH CONTRACT some more. hahahahaha :p

kristalangel,
The Iphone allows you to turn off the GPRS so can use WIFI completely... HEH... If I do buy the Omnia, I'll ask u wat that program is. Esp if I am not getting a GPRS data package!
happy.gif

Hmmm... the auto shut off can be irritating... esp if u leave it on, then u go off to do stuff, mayb 1-2 hrs later then u realise the phone is off. And mayb ur hb/friend is desperately trying to call u!

Jappooh,
Haha, hb buy for u uh... then just take lor... see if can push for iphone or not lar... :p

snow, nowadays data plan is so much cheaper..esp from Starhub or Singtel.. all bundled into the normal phone plan. Get a data plan is much better cos for iphone sometimes they will switch from wifi to 3g without us knowing..

Kath, tat's y must turn off the 3G all the times... When I juz bot e phone I also got connected to 3G when out of wifi zone, n I kena charged for abt $20 for few mins usage only... Very bo hua... Now I turn off e 3G button n sign up for mobile data plan le so much safe... N if go overseas also must make sure 3G n data roaming r off otherwise u will hav surprise when receive e bill...

jowin
transfer made. =)

To Account POSB Savings
137-52764-2 jowin
Amount S$39.44
Transaction Reference 2527943524

snowger
E71 abit like blackberry but slimmer. hehe. i alwaz surf wireless. hehe. juz need to change settings can le.

sam
my hb's omnia don hav tt prob of auto shut lei. i jux don like d sms tt shows d whole thread of msgs. haha.

iemik0,

really ah? so if he just leaves his MSN running and internet on, but don do anything, the phone is ok even after 10-15 min ? hmmm must be my phone then .. lol !

why u don like threaded sms?? ... it's so much better !! like a conversation liddat. and your inbox not cluttered ...

sam
yipe. no issues lei. it onli auto shut down due to other reasons. lolx. end up we both buy same hp. keke.

if i wana keep a particular sms, den threaded veri ma fan ma. hehe.

To Account POSB Savings
137-52764-2 Jowin
Amount S$19.72
Transaction Reference 2529110035

Hi Jowin, done! Thank you once again for the effort!

iemki0,

i think everyone busy during the weekend.

The Geber biscuit have u sell away the last bottle u have? If not i will take all 3. Let me knw.

luthadel,
It's v nice considering it's ur first attempt... :p can set up a baking blog liao and sell ur creations!
happy.gif
LOL!

japooh
not sold yet. hehe. mit smtime tis wk for lunchie? =p

adel
ur creations reali veri nice! when can we start ordering from u? hehe.

Snowger & iemik0
hahahaha.. Thanks for your compliments. We should one day gather at my place and play with fondant!!!! So funny, my hands were really shaking after kneading the fondant into the red colour and you should see my express when i was about to place the fondant over the cake! hahahaha...FUN FUN FUN!

japooh
will sms u k. =)

cupcake divinity
any mummy tried their cake so far? i cant decide btwn cream or fondant. haha. fondant looks real nice but scare too sweet & cake too dense for liking. any comments? =p

luthadel,
I think i cannot do fondant at my place or risk the ants coming!!! I have been sleeping late becos need to hunt down the ants everynite! damn tiring...

Do u think calling in the pest control will help?

Snowger,
Have you tried using ant bait? I used the mortein brand and it worked. Just buy like 2 packets (6pcs)and place them all around the potential corners.

If that still fails, pest control will help lah.

Adel,

how to use the ant bait. I bought b4 but there is no way to open it is it? Just take out form the box and palce at corners? Need to cut or do anything? Dunno have i been using it correctly??

Jappooh
very easy, just take out from the packaging(box) and place it at your selected area. There is no need to cut or pry the pack open
happy.gif

haha i know i tried a few brands that did not work at all and finally tried Mortein brand and it worked for me lor. You can try mortein brand, it worked for my aunt too as her house was suddenly full of those black ants. She just used it for a wk and now no ants.

LuthAdel,Jappooh,Snow..
Mine house too... I hate ants..on my dining table some more arghhh!!
Shall buy the mortein brand and try.

phyl,
How's hayden? All well liao bo? Recently my "client's" dotter kena HFMD! Scary leh...

I read young parents that day and they say babies will get an ave of 12 infections in a year, so about once every month. It's good since it helps their body learn to fight the infection. So by the time they are older the body knows how to fight!

ANG KU KUEH:
Just now I went to order the super big one... Then the uncle gave me a -___-" expression... cos I told him I wan on 5 Dec... He said too early lah... told me to go back 1 wk before the date... :p talk abt being kaisu...

Luthadel,
Ok tonite I shall go and buy one... damn irritated... Do u know they "invaded" my unopen pack of post blueberry morning cereal????
sad.gif

I have another two more boxes and they are attacking it too! Somehow they manage to get into the main pack via the sealed part of the packet. So if I pour milk into cereal, the ants will most prob be swimming in the milk...

Esthers,
Mine is not dining table only... It's in my bedroom, toilet,etc... Essentially ALL OVER THE HOUSE!

ANTS
previously my house also full of ants... living room, toilets even my bedroom not to say in kithen lor... i tried putting ant bait for last time still can work but after a while cannot work anymore... very irritating esp i caught ant on my arm while sitting on sofa!!

but after my mom gave me her ant bait, my house is ANT-FREE for quite a long time liao... hehee! but dunno wat brand is it laa.. she bought it from m'sia & it is in powder form...

Jess,
I kena bitten by them!! They were invading my sofa lor. So I damn sian... I think my ger was also bitten on her ear n face... Cos I saw a few on her cot... I kill them but can't stop them from visiting her at nite...
sad.gif

snowger,
aiyo like tat how? if kena bitten by ant during bed time then jialat ler... how to sleep like tat...

now my new enemy is crocoach!!! they like to appear in toilet in midnite only, everytime if i wan to go toilet in midnite i must open the light & make sure they are not in before i go & do my business... pek chek ler dunno where these crocoaches come from one... put crocoach killer also no use..

Phyl,
Really? My girl will smack the floor when she sees them running... Cos I always do infront of her....

Jess,
The few nights where she suddenly CRYS super loud and then go back to sleep are those I suspect the ants biting her. I very heart pain... Tat day I use insecticide on the floor. Kinda kept them away for awhile... It's either I continue spraying or I try the bait...
happy.gif

Could your roach be something else in the day? Then like cinderalla's coach n the two carriage attendant (become lizards?), 12 midnight become roach... I hate roaches... My NO 1 ENEMY!!! i rem i was preg then, I saw a roach in e bedroom. So I actually called n ask when my hb is coming back so he can help me kill it. I just sit on the bed (for 1/2hr) and stare at the roach, refuse to let it go out of sight... :p My hb came home n finished it off... HOORAY!!!!

haha.. maureen.. i very scared roaches.. keke.. that day i saw one.. that i tot i wanna garang n kill it myself.. then i went to take a mag.. keke.. i walk back to kitchen.. then i think.. nah~~ keke.. go wake the hubby.. hahaha.. but by the time he come.. the fella run away liao.. hahaha.. i damn scared if it can fly!! hahaha.. and i always get cockroach dreams.. then i dun dare to slp liao.. zzz

jess, those powder ant baits must be careful leh.. cos it is more prone to fly ard (if too windy) and u risk Daniell or ur elder one go play wif them..
my hse use to hv lotsa ants..i bought Combat n place at all the hidden corners of my hse, even on the kitchen counter top. Ants free.. but i still continue replacing them frequently, once every 2mths to keep the ants away.. hv to be very careful..n need to keep wiping the house to make sure the ants dun come, sometimes the food residue that we eat is the culprit..

yup. Kath is rite. floor must vacuum n mop everyday n tables n countertops wiped down often. food kept in air tight containers whether opened or not really helps too. my house has 4 kids but no ants so far.
of course i know most of u gals working so a bit hard to vacuum, mop etc everyday.

jess,kath,
now my house also lots of ants..I put bought an ant killer(package said will kill the queen ant) n all died last mth.

Now super angry..so many ants returned. Probably the King ant is lurking around. It also went into randall's milk powder ..difficult to filter out and I saw some floating in his milk bottle.

Wonder if I put the ant killer thing, n the ant died in his milk powder n I give it to randall, will randall stomachache or not?

i din vacuum everyday leh.. i onie use the magic wipe to wipe the floor n use the wet wipes to mop every nite after Zach sleeps..abit tiring but no choice cos that boy is crawling everywhr..so must keep clean.

kath,

ya lor .. whether magic wipe/ wet wipes or vacuum/mop .. as long as do everyday, good aldy lor! ... I also confine my 2 dogs to the utility area during this time that calista is crawling .. so that no fur on the flr .. since Calista is on the flr die die must be clean.

seriously merydith,

I find many of those milk powder containers not ant-proof. I buy those those formula refil packs but I don't use the original milk tin container. I use an airtight one. I do the same for my Milo etc. I chuck out those useless tins .. cos those if not closed properly ants can get in.

Back