(2008/06) June 2008

Tera, I was told by sales person that 2008 model has comfort fit breast shield (the funnel plastic part) which only Swing/Harmony (forget which one) has. It's an improvement. I didn't realise it is lighter than the 2007 model too.

yah, i also noticed the price discrapancy ... she sounded a bit flustered over the phone so maybe she was trying to read oyut the prices to me too fast and got it wrong !!
best to go down to the shop to check it out if you are interested !
it's while stocks last, and avail at both KK and Paragon outlets.

2008 model and 2007 is the same, just that 2008 newer design on the bag, btls and is really sooooo much lighter than 2007. I dunno why is lighter but i was suprised when i receive the goods from US when i carry it.

My hb was telling me the same thing. hw cme this one is so light as compare to the previous one????

If you gt budget constrain then maybe u want to purchase from US webby since US dollar drop. I gt a gd deal frm ebay. the pump + shipping + insurance cost me S$360++. But of cos u must get a converter in sg and no warranty is covered in sg for the pump.

I bot the 2007 model from this webby www.hackleyhme.com PIS advanced backpack for 2008 shld be US$230, but they dun send internationally, so u have to arrange VPOST USA to ship for me. Meaning u order by telephone to hackely giving them the VPOST USA address. Hackely will send to VPOST USA, and then VPOST will send to Singapore. Since Hackley FOC on local shipping charges, so u only need to pay shipping charges to VPOST only

cactus,
Hey, thanks for highlighting the defective face plate! Din know anything about it. Well, now you have given me more reasons to consider 2008 model esp with the improvement and the fact that it is lighter. It's just the price...
sad.gif
Will go home and discuss with hubby tonite.
happy.gif

Tera, babyjo just mentioned that the 2008 and 2007 models are the same (presumably including the face plate issue). If that's the case, then 2007 may be a good steal if you dun mind the weight. My colleagues leave their motors in office cos they latch bb on directly at home. Save the hassle of carrying to and fro.

if im just using it at home, does it matter if its light or heavy??

i havent really figured out how to use a breast pump! and can we pump lying down inclined or must sit upright on a couch?

I know 2008 model is an improved version. As for faceplate, I nt really sure. Maybe get the latest version just in case.

2008 model has no defective face plate issue. I'm not sure about the older models. I forget already but believe I mentioned it somewhere in this thread.

tinyfeet, doesn't matter whether light or heavy if you don't plan to bring the pump around. I don't think we can pump lying down...

Hi Ladies,

I bought my nursing bra at Punggol Plaza..$5.90 each. Its on the 2nd floor..they sell bb products..at a slightly cheaper price..
U all can check out there if ur're stayin near by there..

hi girls...
this morning i was caught at the mrt disruption at cck... sian.... in the end was very late for work... and the hot weather wasnt helping! i had to squeeze with the big crowds when the train service resumed...

kelcqi...
if u're read this... hugs for u... i read abt wat u said abt your PILs... makes me feel like bashing them up... how can they treat their DIL like that?? oso read that your baby will be taken care by MIL next time? sori to sound so abrupt but reading wat u said abt her, i wld give 2nd thots to this. dun jus let her take care of baby jus cos she is avai to do so.

tinyfeet...
its better to sit upright and pump... or better still lean abit forward... pumping may nt be as effective if done lying down inclined...

babyjo
doc only said how the procedure but after ligation it is 99.9% that u can't get preg another one by accident....

wah....all abt PIS ha....

Medela pump : In fact i called up First few years oso and it seems like a bit diff story from K Ong list. The sales person was telling me she's not sure the year of the $549 package and only told me of oth package model but i din jot down. And her advise is better for me to go down and let the person in charge to explain to me.
So, i think is better to go down personally to check and buy, coz if buy online, you might risk buying older version which had the face plate issue.

tinyfeet : oh, u have to sit upright or at least lean against a chair for pumping ! the milk cant be sucked upwards if you are lying down ... though, techinically, u can nurse a baby while lyin on your back and side :p heehee.

babyjo : how much was vpost shipping for your 2007 model - can u recall ?
i think the main concern is the warranty issue right ? cuz it's not covered if we ship it out of US.

Soyabean : hello !!! oh dear, was it a long delay ? i heard about the delay over the radio.

K Ong...
i waited abt 45mins b4 the train service resumed. read from stomp it was a chinese man in his 40s who fell onto the tracks and got ran over. he's dead of cos... but dunno if its an accident or suicide. lucky i didnt get to see anything gory!

<font color="ff0000">soyabean

orh no la coz last week was hospitalised due to suspected food posioning den given one week rest already after discharged den today bac to review den he giving me another week rest.. aiya resting at home is definitely better den working mah! *lol*</font>

Good day ladies,

Catcus, K ong

My MIL extreme drama queen one leh. Small little thing can cry, no dinner also cry. Haha, nvm. 2 more mths, once confinement, don't have to "serve" her anymore. Let her cry loh. Keke... But she offered to come over my mum's place to "help out" wor. She dunno I have CL. I still thinking of ways not to let her come over. My mum also said, best don't let her come over, she don't welcome her. Haha...

Mrswrx, Me got knee pain this morning. Yesterday I still imagine your knee pain sure very pain one. Today kanna liao. So uncomfortable. Bend also pain, straighten also pain...

Re MJ: I also like MJ, but I very retarded. Very slow, so most of my friends don't like to play with me. Except all my slow slow friends, slow ppl play wif slow ppl, no complaints. Haha... My boss they all also don't mind playing wif me, cos they always win my money... They said, win my money to buy chicken essence, cos I play so slow...

Hi Kelcqi, don't need to think of ways not to let her come over lah. you just keep on saying you are breastfeeding the bb, stay inside the room with your bb, there's nothing she can do leh! or else, tell your hb not to let her go over co syou need rest?

but are you going to let your MIL look after your bb ah? not very good right? cos bbs tend to be pick up emotions very well. if they sense tension, anger, frustration and resentment, they may not be happy.

as all of u all know, im an insurance agent with AIA and perhaps seen me on newspaper last week!

as soon as yr baby has a birth cert, buy a hospitalisation plan as soon as possible. A guy friend of my husband was telling us that he would like to enrol for hospitalisation coverage during his full month party (that was during CNY period) but will only have the time to sit down to discuss abt it coz the wife is bringing the baby back to Msia for a week for the new yr celebrations the very next day.

when the baby was back, he was down with a virus with dipping immunity, similar to dengue and was hospitalised for a week in ICU. i can show u the hefty bill at gleneagles that was incurred!

we finally got down to submit his hospitalisation plan now but the baby is given exclusion on the above medical condition for the rest of his life on all his hospitalisation policies.

my advice: its very common for babies to be hospitalised for high fever etc in their first few years. as soon as the baby has a birth cert. hospitalisation coverage is very very impt. once the baby has a record of hospitalisation, very high chances are that the policies u buy will either exclude that condition/organ or u may have to bear a 50%-100% loading. Other types of insurance can wait..eg education policies.

ensuring that yr baby has the best medical treatment when the little one falls ill is more important than any swanky stroller we can get. A hospitalisation plan with my company will set u back abt $30/mth or $350/yr. but trust me, its all worth it.

tinyfeet...
keke... no... didnt see u on newspaper... are u now in the million dollar roundtable or something?
happy.gif

kelcqi...
i agree wif cactus! there are many "reasons" for not having ur MIL come over to ur mum's.... hehe...

hi tinyfeet, thanks for sharing. I'm planning to get medisave approved H&amp;S for the bb as soon as possible as I understand there is also a waiting period for congenital health problems ...

ladies, logging off liao.tomorrow will be busy day for me.. have meeting in the morning..sigh.. stressed. will prob log on late morning.

tinyfeet,

Yr reason is also wat my insurance agent told me.
I told my insurance agent difficult to go out during confinement, she say dun mind come over but i also dun like visitors during tat time.. so we discuss, maybe she will meet me when i go back to TMC for checkup.

Today been busy working since lunch, now so tired.

Btw last weekend when i am watching movie San Guo, my bb keep kicking violently especially when the show is playing loud music &amp; fighting. It seems tat my bb is startled at the loud music.
After the show i am v worried, i tink i may not want to watch gongfu movies again though i like them a lot.

Is there a concern to watch movies at cinema during pregnancy? Are u all watching movies at cinema nowadays?

ellysia,
i been watchin movies in cinema at least 2-3times a mth wo. no change even pregnant. other than movies like 10000yrs b4 BC or scary type movies i dun watch, e rest i stil continue.
happy.gif
movie junk.

ellysia,
i also watched 10,000BC 2 weeks ago. baby also responded to the sound quite a bit, kept moving, i think should be ok, don't worry too much. but if really concerned then maybe give the movies a miss from now on.
happy.gif

soyabean..

yes, MDRT...my hubby, FIL, BIL all in AIA

cactus,
the "shield" plan which is CPF approved plan is a MUST to get. will cost abt $100 a year from yours or yr husband's Medisave account. Nowadays pple go for the "as-charged" plans due to the escalating hospitalisation cost. However, all CPF approved plans has co insurance and deductibles of 20% and $3000 respectively for private hospitals. so, u may want to get a rider or an additional hospitalisation plan to cover for that. it doesnt make sense to not buy this rider as the CPF plan only allows u to claim only from $3000 onwards. so u have to fork out the first $3000 before u make any sucessful claim ( private hospital in this case)

so say u spend $300 every yr on this rider, mulitply it by 10 years, it will means spending $3000 to cover yr child for 10years on hospitalisation. which is the amount you would have to spend anyway before u can make a claim.

so whichever company's policy u go for, everyone must upgrade to the best plan available for the CPF approved plan and do top up for a rider that cover the deductibles n co insurance.

many pple make the mistake of just purchsing the "shield" plan and was not advised on the conditions for a claim

Ellysia,

I dunno watch how many movies since pregnant liao... Haha... Only thing now at times after movies is backache for me only... Think sit too long liao...

My hubby only told me not to walk too much animals cos the older generations believe tt if look at too much animals, baby come out will have animals like features. Dunno how true, but better be safe than sorry...

Other movies should be ok lah. No scary ones cos I know scary movies can trigger cramps at times. It happens to me when I suddenly get shocked, my tummy hardens to it...

Catcus, Soyabean,

My MIL place n my mum's place is 5 mins walk only. Cross the road only. I scare she turn up without informing wor... I also dun want her to know I have a CL cos she sure later say I waste hubby's money etc... Somemore hubby not staying there wif me cos CL will be staying in e same rm as me. Hubby will only come over every evening.

My MIL looking after my gal next time, but I only plan to let her take over after baby 6 mths. I still thinking of reasons to stop her from looking after. So weird, last time try to psycho my hubby to ask me to abort, now fighting to look after. Dunno what she's thinking also.

But I came up wif a plan to benefit myself and to try to see if it'll get my MIL not to look after. I intend that after 3 mths, every weekend I'll put baby with her to have my own time and rest also. But use it to say let her trial if she can handle baby. Hopefully she cannot tahan and give up e idea. Keke... Me very evil hor?

Btw tinyfeet, I was with prudential and my boss they all told me tt if I had TMC's FBI card, I'm covered under the hospitalization plan for 6 mths, during that time I don't need to buy any similar plans cos its the same coverage. Me not an agent, I dunno leh. So if hav the FBI card, still need to get hospitalization plan within the first 6 mths? Cos what I heard from them is should *touch wood* anything happens to baby within 6 mths, at most just stay with AXA for the plan, cos at least no need to declare any illness to be excluded later. Can it work that way? But far from what I know is anything we get for baby, can only get after 1 mth rite?

Btw, any mummies here wanna get Medela nipple cream? My friend hav a tube to let go at 20 percent off. Let me know if anyone of u interested.

Kelcqi,

Does ur MIL got a maid? Coz with ur plan, ur MIL might take the opportunity to ask for a maid, coz this is wat happen to my friend. Her MIL because of 'face issue' dont allow my friend's mother to take care of her bb, then fight to take care. My friend know her MIL does not had the capability to take care of small baby, but not to offend her MIL, she let her do her way, hopefully her MIL will give up.
But ended up, her MIL request to had a maid. My friend was very angry over this.

Mummies, as i'll be giving up on BF-ing. I'll be selling the following:

1) Medela Mini Electric Plus Breastpump (dual)
Slightly used for less than 2 weeks. Purchased at $305. Willing to let go at $220(neg).
With box, manual and warranty unfilled.
http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/medela-mini-electric-plus-breastpump.html

2)"Pigeon - Fridge-to-go" Breastmilk cooler
Brand New, Unused.
Purchased at $59.90. Willing to let go at $50.00.
http://www.fridge-to-go.com.sg/news.html

3)"Pigeon - Breastmilk storage bottles" (3 piece pack)
Brand New, Unused
Purchased at $15.20. Willing to let go at $12.00

4) PIGEON Disposable Breast Pads
unopened
Willing to let go at $6.00

Interested, pls pm or email me at [email protected]

Thanks !

Kelcqi
Wow, can faint. Your MIL n parents place also near each other, 5 mins!! U seem so trap! Like looking out for bomb hidden in the mines by your MIL. Poor thing.

Felicia
2mrw when I at KKH, i try to ask abt the 2008 models for u gals n call or sms u.

TF, Felicia,

Haha, the two of u comments so funny. Sad to say, very near hor, but gd also cos becos I stay so near, I can always go home...

Felicia,

Actually I feel the same way leh. She might ask for a maid next time. I told hubby I'll nv hire a maid for her liao. But I scare her plan will work. I told hubby, if next time she wan maid rite, tell her either we wun be paying her to take care of baby, cos need to spend extra to pay the maid, plus she dun need to do housework. So she wants maid, no extra cash for her loh. Or another way is we foster out to a nanny since she can't handle...Keke... I won't allow her to make use of my baby since in e first place she even tried to get hubby to ask me to abort...

Morning Ladies!

TF,
okok. Thanks.

Kelcqi,
Coz this is wat happen to my friend, so i think it'll happen to oth family as well. Yaloh, if need to hired maid , and need to give xtra money for care giving to MIL, quite 'siong' leh.
As for not letting ur MIL go over to ur house, quite hard loh since so near your place. Like wat oth mummy said, you jus hide in the room with baby, saying u are breastfeeding, then dont need to see her.
I found we had become bad DIL. haha.....

Hi Felicia,
Good morning.. Looks like we are the 2 early birds left.
happy.gif

Fenny,
I oso start to feel difficulty in walking. Will start to pant hard after awhile even walking on flat surface. Hb always have to remind me to walk slowly.

tinyfeet,
Wah, make it on newspaper wor. I already got 2 agents to quote for my bb. No time to go thru' the plans yet. Lazy me.

Ellysia, mrswrx,
I realised that I hate watching the movies at cinema after preggy. Once inside the cinema, I will start to feel uncomfortable. Sometimes oso breathless, duno if I am imagining things or the air circulation not good. So I refused to go movie now. The last show I caught was jumper. Poor hb. We used to catch so many movies in the past. He has given up trying to pester me to watch movie.

Re: bb cot from bb avenue
Sob, I called to ask them to deliver my bb cot and they told me that it is currently out of stock and will only be delivered in mid May. Not confirm when exactly stock will come in somemore. So my bb has no bed until duno when. I was so disppointed. Sob.

morn ladies,
wah..u all super early leh...

kelcqi,
i also staying very near my MIL..only 2 streets away but i think she's better than ur MIL lah..@ least she not so bad as to ask my hb to get me to abort lor..siao 1..human life leh..abort for wat?? she not eager to have grandchild meh??

felicia,
i've got a sms reply from aunty su liao..i'll be doing my massage with her too on this sunday..but damn early lah..845am leh..got to wake up early again..

<font color="ff0000">YESH! felicia its me again!! *lol* where u stay arh? how come she always allocate me after u? *lol*</font>

ah morr,
i think hor..cos u stay in woodlands mah..dat's y she allocate u to be last 1 so dat nearer for her to go home fr ur place mah.. hehe..

<font color="ff0000">no wor.. me staying at JW leh.. far from woodlands.. ha ha

my appt is 12 to 12.30
happy.gif
she always give sufficient timing for travelling she says
happy.gif
</font>

Back