(2008/06) June 2008

Hi Ladies,

Fennie: I plan to BF but intend to use pump.. so not sure whether the nursing bra will be useful.. cos initially thot nursing bra is used only when getting the baby to latch on.. pls correct me if i'm wrong.. heehee..

Wa.. thats cheap.. cos the website is selling at $14.90 per pc..

Felicia: I plan to use pump so is there still a need to buy nursing bra?

Felicia, thanks. I will call Aunty Su for a pre natal massage next week, my last prenatal, hee.

Ellysia and all, btw, the Rustic Nirvana package I signed up is more for like spa like package, althought its of postnatal, i will also use their other services to ensure more inch loss on my body. This is not those home service type, its more for after confinement massages. Their home jamu massages is not worth getting.

I will also stick to my Jamu massage lady for the confinement massage (for fast reasults). Last Saturday I went for my mgr's galgal baby shower, and saw his wife, who breastfeed baby, slim down a lot. Maybe the breastfeeding helps a lot.

cactus,
thks, my #1 bb not too big to give birth, even though i ate almost everyday, anyway, will have to see if i can get super bitter ones.

K ong,
i am also in my 30th week now, already feeling pain at the pelvic area, difficulty in walking, cannot walk too fast, very painful, gynae said maybe worst when bb bigger

morr,
how come u suddenly pop out from no where? haha....

ya, I hope the ache goes away soon. feel so tired.... haha...

felicia,
not sure when will the promo end. coz I saw the swing selling quite cheap also. i went to ask abt the promo and they tell me it's while stock last... if u want me to help u buy, u let me know. can pm me coz I dun come in here very often. I go kkh every week for my antenatal class. so can u buy so u need not make a special trip down.

iamsnow, I think ah mor sensitive to this word "MJ' bah, and she also had the massage with Aunty Su, rite or not Ah mor (sorry for being so kpo).

BTW, Ah mor, you better now? Have to go see your gynae today rite?

Cactus, how is the durian cake from Goodwoodpark hotel? Is it comparable with Emicakes' D24 Durian cake? I wanted to get the GWP durian cake for my hb's bday early June, hope I am not pop yet by then.

Mrswrx
I think you walk too much liao, so it strain. U still wearing heels?

Cactus
I almost end up at Expo on Sunday, then cos nt aft 5pm, didnt wnt to go. Instead went Tampines. Smtx, whn at Tampines, Ikea, etc. Whenever come across preggie, wonder if it was u or any June forum mama. Funny. Ya, was thinking abt the durian at Gdwood too over weekend.

K Ong
Ya lah. Smtx hubby ask me to call his house to chat wif his parents. But whenever I call, i must standby half hour to 1 hour for my MIL to tell stories of every family member, for her to complain on FIL, SIL n FIL relatives. Smtx repeated. We always take 50% disc on her stories. But yet hubby dun like to call himself, knw'g his mum will start story too.

iamsnow,

ya, AUnty Su told me she'll come to do last pre natal massage for me oso,as at later stage massage is not advisable. I tot u oledi had ur 2nd massage with her coz i remember one mummy mentioned here she had massage with Aunty Su leh. Not sure who liao. hehe....

Veniz,
Mor got massage from Aunty Su same day as me on last 2 weeks ago. So, Mor, when is ur next massage?

<font color="ff0000">veniz

ya ya i had massage oso the same day as felicia
happy.gif

yeap after resting im feeling much better! appt is at 12.15pm later..

felicia

i dunno if i shld have another massage or not leh.. coz this week im already 31 weeks leh.. unless she can do for me this sat!! hiak hiak.. </font>

iamsnow,
u so fast call aunty su for 2nd massage oredi ah??i hvnt leh..hehe..thinking of callin her to come tis wkend also..

MJ??I wanna play..so long nvr play liao..haha..

iamsnow : thanks for the headsup !
I'll call them now to check on the promo and report back
happy.gif

MrsWrx : hahaa, yes yes, fast food chains are ALL ard us !!! cant get away from it all huh ...

Fennie/Danryan : did your docs say anythign abt this pain ?? cuz i'm seeing mine in 3 weeks ... dunno wte to call him to ask or schedule an appointment earlier, but if it's a common thing, then i'll just bear with it, and not walk ard/stand so much yah ?

TF : u have to chat with PILs ???
mmm ... me is thinking i'm not a very good DIL then ! haahaa i hardly call mine !!

felicia,
the mummy is me lor..i called aunty su for a prenatal massage earlier than u..i think we are due abt the same time..but u said aunty su dun 1 2 do for u 1st..ask u to wait for 2more weeks..hehe..

Morraine,

I very 'kiasu', oledi inform her on my previous massage. haha...... but she said is either this week or next week lah. As next week, i might want to bring my ger to zoo, so thinking maybe do this week loh. But if she's too pack with her appointment i can do on Sunday oso.

tf,
no wear heels leh. i seldom wear heels even b4 preggy. haiz.. dunno wat aso. wil observe again. thks thks.

mayb next x we shld organise a MJ session!! then put all bbs at 1 side or leave them at hme!! y spore dun hav mj club, then we can book a rm n play whole day. whahahaha. during ML, play mj is e best!
happy.gif

K Ong
I dunno if its becos my PIL told my hubby i so long never call. So my hubby will ask me to call them. I will tell him I dun like to hang on phone so long listening to gossips (after kenna so many times). So he also knw wat i mean n bo pian. Smtx younger SIL will also ask me to call home to chat, i told her if I call, I will surely knw all your ugly stories tat hapen at home...keke.. Tat y hubby smart, always like to work overseas so as to escape fr parents syndrome.

for the massage, yes auntie su does massage on sun. I had mine yesterday at 12noon..... I'm already 32 weeks liao. so yesterday was my first and last massage....

K Ong
i just went for check up on 31/3....doc said normal coz bb already head down so pressing down more while walking....now me in 30weeks

mrswrx n MJ enthusiasts
Wasted, our house not here. If not we can organise one. There's another mummy (cant remember who again) also will be staying duxton. And Luz also Tg Pagar. So then 1 house can have children n daddy party n the other house MJ session. Wow, sound ideal huh..keke...or if we on same floor, lagi better, can condon the whole floor n play...wahahaha

Angel, nursing bra makes it easier to more discreetly breast feed or pump out milk, so may be a good idea to buy nursing bra.

K Ong, I got the backpack. I think that's the only one selling locally now.

Check when do we switch from Pregnancy milk to Breastfeeding milk for mothers? Cos my pregnancy milk going to finish, so wondering if I shd start the milk wif BF'g content to prepare. Do we take b4 delivery?

Angel z,
If you dont intend to bf directly, i dont see the need of you getting nursing bras, it will be useful if you intend to bf directly, and even while you are out of the house with your baby, it is easier to access, the website is cheap, but the JL sale at the EXPO is even cheaper, only from $5.90-$7.90 each

K ong,
My gynae said its bb pressing, and will get worst when bb bigger, now in my 30th week

bizznow,
Oic, is u! hahah.... yayaya.. Then tat day when she's massaging me, she told me the reason cannot do massage earlier, but i cannot really understand, too profound liao. She was telling when like 6-7mths, bb bone is old, then 8 mths, bone is young, then 9 mths bb started to searching position. Tats why 8-9mths not advise to do massage.

tf n MJ kakis,
no worries. veri soon we wil realise our dreams to play MJ!!! we ll organise mj session every sat mornin! then can play all e way to dinner! wahahaha, sound so perfect. we ll make e daddies look after bbs n delcare sat daddy's day out wif bb!

TF,
i think there's a brand of milk powder which is taken from pregnant till breast feeding. i think it's friso. cannot remember. i intend to switch to that one once my current one finish also.... mine finishing soon too....

TinyFeet,
Maybe you like to consider changing to Similac Mum from Abbott, cos it is the same milk for pregnancy as well as breastfeeding, you can try calling Abbott to ask for a $5 discount which you can use to buy Similac Mum, few days ago, Abbott called me because I requested a tin of sample for my #1, then I told them I bought a tin of Similac mum at the First Mom's Congress, she said she will send me another $5 discount voucher, so I can use it to buy my 2nd tin of similac mum

Mrswrx
Sound positively phrase..Good. Let's call Daddy n Baby Bonding day!

Iamsnow n Fennie
Yah i got a small Frisco sample can too from gynae nurse. Fr pregnant to Bf'g. In fact, i'll start on that sample can since i just finh my Anmum tis morning. And see hw the Frisco taste, else will explore the Similac. So its ok to start the BF'g one nw lah? Cos i scared wait engorge or wat n baby nt here yet..haha

Felicia, K Ong
Ok, see if K Ong can get the line thru today n check when the promo end. If can't, 2mrw i'll check it out. Do u knw which shop in KK?

Mothercare in Parkway
Any mama went to this outlet over weekend or will be going? Saw advert they having up to 50% disc due to moving out/reno sale. So wonder if the Baby Bath range has discount?

felicia, iamsnow,

Wah all of u ored take pre-natal massage from auntie su liao? Me book her for post-natal, hope she will remember tat i got book with her.

ah mor, auntie su didn't confirm when i sms her my contact. Do i need to sms her again?

TinyFeet,
I am not sure about frisco, but what I was told abt similac mum is that it is suitable for both pregnant women and breastfeeding mums

Fennie,

Similac mum u got take before? will it cause us to get fat easily?

Cos i heard some breastfeeding milk/pregnancy milk can get fat easily.

fennie,
they send u a $5 discount for similac mum? hm... maybe i will call them and ask from them also. coz I want to buy a tin of milk for both pregnant n breastfeeding so that the milk powder will not be wasted..... my current anmum one finishing soon....

Btw yesterday i went to Ikea (the old branch) and bought the baby changing table which you all have recommended, the $39 one. The changing table is quite good.

But the Ikea branch is undergoing partial renovation and things are quite messy, me and hb grab the table and go back home liao, didn't want to loiter more.

Then later at night we go Kiddy Palace to buy cot mattress and bed sheets. Quite expensive, each bed sheet around $20-$30 and we bought 4-5 for change purpose.

For cot bed sheets, should we get fitted sheet or bed sheet with zip? Becos my hb tink fitted sheet seems better, he bot quite a number of fitted sheet, but i understand from my colleague today tat bb may pull the fitted sheet away when bb grows older.

Ellysia,
Yes, the pain is at the bottom, cant walk fast now, very painful.yes now drinking similac mum, according to abbott, its quite low fat, maybe you can ask abbott for more info

iamsnow,
yes,abbott offer to send me another $5 discount voucher, of course i say yes lor.

Hi ladies, I bot my PIS backpack 2008 from ebay (new set). The seller send from US to Sg cost me total $360+ for pump + shipping + insurance. The pump i bot only US$199. I tried the pump after buying the converter from home fix. Notice that 2008 model is much mre lighter than older version.

Hai...sian....next monday gg for my checkup. My gynae sure prompt me this qns again. Are you sure u want ligation? Hmmm, still pondering over this issue...3 children liao so i guess it's time to stop. Too many bo $$$$

I bot all my nursing bra from mom in minds and perfect mum. BF my #2 for almost 6 mths, very convenient. When u go out, all u need is to bring your 2 neh neh out, that's all. no need btls, FM, hotwater etc

BabyJo, sounds ilke a very good deal that you got!
happy.gif
Is it PIS Original or PIS Advanced? How much was your converter?

If you are doing ligation, is it a c-section birth this time round?

On the topic of nursing bras, I'm actually wearing them already.. since early 2nd trimester cos didn't want to wear bras with underwire and wanted good supportive straps...

Cactus and Fennie:

Thanks for the suggestion.. Think will get 1 or 2 nursing bras.. better to have a couple than not even one..

Will scout around for cheap deals then..

The JL sale should be over, right?

Cactus: where did you get your nursing bras from? cheap?

Babyjo:

You very funny eh.. the comment on "just have to bring your 2 neh neh out".. i'm laughing at my labtop and my coll is asking me why..

I pai seh to tell her the reason why i'm laughing.. haahaa...

For me, i've heard many stories on difficulty in getting baby to breastfeed directly so i thot i sure couldn't get the hang of it so aledi brought the pump.. didn't think that i would be able to breastfeed directly successfully..

Cactus,

Mine is PIS advanced backpack 2008. Previously, i got one but i sold it away cos din plan for #3. Converter i bot less than S$20

My previous 2 pregnancies were c section, so this time sure hv to go thru again. My mum, mil and hubby support that i go ligation, but i scare dunno gt any side effect or nt

Fenny,
My Edd is supposed to be 16 or 17th June. Cant wait for June to come. I am visiting my doc tomorrow. Hopefully bb has gain enuff weight. I already put on 13kg liao, but I think most of the weight gg to me. Sob. If bb gain enuff weight, I think I can pyscho her to come out at 37th week. hahahaha.

BabyJo,
Your description very funny leh. Only need to bring neh neh out. ;p
I still havent buy my pump.

Roxy,
Are you here? You are oso keen to buy the Ameda pump, right? You buy liao? I am intending to order from Mumsfairy.

Hi Angel, my nursing bras were cheap. From a departmental store in Batam.. haha! Hb and I went to Batam last Dec (during start of my 2nd trimester) for a week long break. Went to a departmental store - Robinsons Ramayana, and bought a couple of bras. 5 in total. only 30,000 IDR. THat's about S$5 per piece. They were on 50% discount and pretty good material. I didn't know what size I'd ultimately be at that time, so bought 1 bra, my normal size, 2 bras 1 size up, and 2 bras 2 sizes up. Now I'm using 1 size up. I heard nearer EDD, will increase further in size. Most mothers are discouraged from buying bras too early in pregnancy. Best time to buy is actually 3rd trimester.

Back