(2008/06) June 2008

Felicia, you already got the clarin oil huh? how much is it per bottle? I didn't get this oil for this preggie though.

soyabean,
ya lor, bad water retention.but ever since gynae gave me HL 30days, i resting at home, my swell goes away, was telling my hb long time nv see my pretty ankles liao..hee..u haven started buying bb things yet? tink its better to start now wor..

I just wash my hospital bag last wkend...packed somebbclothes , pads in liao..cos after the contraction incident, i really scaare i might give birth early =)..

Fennie,
tks =D..

Veniz,

Nope. I'm thinking to get the oil for stretchmark but hvnt got the chance to go to Sasa to buy, then now wanna get the Clarin Anti Eau for firming, but still procrastinate. hehe.... But i remember some mummies here told me is around $65 per bottle.

feifei....
drink more water... and consume less salt in ur diet... it will help to curb the water retention abit... take the time to rest well.... 30days will be bliss for me.... haha....
i oso dunno wat i need to buy actuali... she will be wearing her bro's homeclothes i suppose, but i hv yet to dig out the clothes to wash. bb cot not set up yet. diapers oso not bgt... oh oh... the oni thing i hv bgt for her so far is a set of face towels... :p

soyabean,
ya lor...yest i still ate at swensens and ate ice cream...3wks nv touch fries and ice cream liao, yummy =)...hee

Now weather good can start washing liao , i hv finished mine =)... tink 4 sets of PJ shd be enough hor? Did u wear PJs which covers knee during ur confinement?

Have us tart drinking the barley water?

feifei...
wat is it abt drinking barley water?
oh u know wat... i bgt PJs the 1st time to wear during confinement... but end up the cotton plus not bathing plus sweat made wearing them so comfy that i dun wear them at all... i wear the same kind of home clothes (tees and shorts/bermuds)

hee.... its ok to indulge once in a while on some sinful food....
happy.gif

soyabean,
cos that day we were discussing this issue here...cos some ladies was mentioning that one day cannot eat too many ginko nuts de...And that we can start dink this dessert so that our bb's complexion will be good =D..

Felicia,
Ya lor.. Feifei resting at home, so wun wake up so early.

Feifei,
We missed your presence in the morning wor. Hehe.
happy.gif
But rest well ya.. My left foot oso swell.. Strangely, duno why only 1 foot. Wah, swensen ice cream.. yummy.

ZuEn,
hehe...me here here...today woke up slightly late cos bery tired..mayb due to work yest...glad that i hv done the handover and can stay at home til end of the month =D..

Ya hor, how come only 1 foot leh..hmm...

Hi felicia,

RE: PIS ADvanced 2008 model

My PIS advanced is in landscape box but can't recall if have sticker. I think may have. really can't remember. but I know mine is 2008 model cos googled PIS advanced for the different models and obtained the information. I don't know if mine has the let down function leh... I have not opened it to inspect since I bought it. Maybe you can email Medela to ask them which is the 2008 model?

Hi Tera and Bizzsnow,

On the movie issue, I tink i ask gynae since tmr i have an appt.

I read some articles that loud noise/music can affect bb hearing during pregnancy, but it is not proven yet.

feifei,
You need plenty of rest, dun tired yourself out. Work handover liao, now only have to hope that your office dun call you to bother you, hehe. Duno why 1 foot. I will be seeing my doc tonight. I will try to rem to ask. Suffering from bad memory loss now. Have to set alert/ reminder in mobile phone to remind myself. Haha.
I havent tried barely water but had red dates longan water a week ago cos trying to increase iron. In the end, too heaty, so had been taking sugar cane, water chestnut and stuff recently. Hehe.

Fennie,
Wah, no time to convert normal bras to nursing bras.. Anyway, I cannot fit into my old normal bras liao. I oso realised that nursing bras are not very durable. After a few months of wear, then start to get out of shape liao.

Re: bb stuff

So far i have bought around 90% of my list ored.. left a few bits and pieces here.

For PJs i bot 3 pieces only, intending to buy 1 more. 2 piece i will bring to hospital then keep 2 piece at home. Most likely the ones at hospital i may not keep.

Actually do we need 2 sets of PJs in hospital? Can 1 set will do? I dun really intend to bathe in hospital, ored bot non-rinse shampoo and lotion for usage in hospital stay.

Zu En,

My maternity/nursing bras i bot previously again going out of shape too cos bust again expanded. Now find hard to breathe,i guess i have to get new ones again.

hi felicia
Thanks for letting me know the charges. $50 for 2 hours is very reasonable. So how many sessions is recommended for post natal? Can start about 2 weeks after birth right? Daily? Can you let me have her number pls?

zuen,

just find it interesting lor, think we are all too tired to do that,hee,i realised i still have quite alot of nursing bras from my 1st pregnancy 8 yrs ago,will take some out to wash n see if they can still be used, also bought about 5-6 new ones, if you wear with breast pads, the shape should be ok, maybe bcos there's no wire or padding,thats why it looks out of shape

Ellysia,
I only bought 2 sets wor. I prefer to wear T-shirts and shorts at home. The PJs that I bought are more so for hospital uses. I think 2 sets of PJs should be better bah, just in case need to stay longer (touch wood) or kena stain. As for bb stuff, I think I am only 80% done.

Hi MTB,

Interested to get pre natal and post natal, baby massage and call 93809764. I am a Chinese doing traditional indonesion massage. $50 per pre-natal session (1hr) and $350 for post natal (6 days). Thanks

Ellysia,
Congrats on your growing breasts.. hehe.. How come we never grow like that during our teenage years. ;p I dun really like nursing bras cos they really look out of shape. Maybe bcos I am too used to underwired bras liao. But recently, I find it difficult to find normal bras that fit me. Then dun want to spend too much $$, so look like some auntie, digging at those discount carts. Haha.

Fennie,
I got put those breast pads leh, but still out of shape. I tot breasts pads are only to hide the nipples? Nursing bras are softer and they conform to the shape of the breasts, unlike normal bras. I tot that's why the breasts looks bad. Haha, looks like I have to blame my breasts then. ;p

Instead of wearing PJ in hospital, could we wear shirt (with front button) n shorts? I see many of you choose to wear PJ. I don't have the habit to wear PJ those dress kind when I have menses.

Good day ladies,

Felicia,
I don't open the door for her when she rings the bell? Then she cannot come in liao. Dunno it'll work or not. Later she call my hubby to call me, den siao liao...

Bizznow,

You hit the bullseye. My PILs are willing to give up 1 life for their own pleasure. They didn't want grandchildren cos they scare hubby next time have to rare his own kids and cannot give them money as and when they demand liao. That's why they advise hubby not to keep it when they knew I was pregnant. Their first qn to him was "If you can't handle the financial issue when you kids come out, then better abort now."

But actually why hubby can't afford to rare a child leh? If he can pay for the house, bills and support their spending habits, how much can a child cost? What they are worrying is once baby pop, hubby will have to put aside money for baby, leaving less for them. That's why they advised him to abort.

Iamsnow,

My MIL will not do confinement for me one lah. Her own comfort matters more. But better this way, cos even she did, she'll prolly do a bad job. Imagine she can stop hubby from buying me tonics, I doubt she'll really wanna nurse me back to health during confinement. She herself nv even touch water last time can tell me to go and bath without herbs somemore. Very "Ji Xin" rite?

Her mentality all wrong one. Alot of bad habits also. Like wasting food, talking very loud, little things always quarrel, cannot get her ways either cry or threaten suicide, I so scare she'll impart all these to my gal next time.

Catcus,

My MIL now cannot even cope with her housework, I know she can't cope with baby and housework one. Imagine she can say she's tired and don't even cook dinner once a week at times, The most times she cook is twice a week. Floor, hubby mop for her. She always say she tired. Then play mahjong till wee hours not tired la. Her times at home either watch tv or sleep. That's why I openly call her a pig here. She hungry don't even cook, can cry when there's no dinner. How extreme can she get.

In the first place I nv wanted her to babysit, so no matter wat I'll nv get her a maid. Make her admit defeat herself so that I can take baby out from her care. U may think I'm very bad, but she already so lazy, getting her a maid will only encourage her laziness even more.

Plus dun wan her to take care cos I scare she'll teach baby to disobey me. She already sowing discord between me and hubby, she can teach my gal the same thing too...

Hi felicia
Think S$400 will incur GST...
If us$224.96 = s$315 (based on 1.4 xchange rate) + S$50 ( shipping ) + S$20 converter = S$385. And comes with fridge to go and milk bottles etc... Sing selling abt S$600 plus... nearly half price. Im getting my friend in US to help me buy, he's coming back Sing in mid may just nice. But scared the box too heavy and bulky then he might need to ship back and i got to incur shipping charges then...

Sorry where is the place to buy cheapest nursing bras ah? heard someone say $7.90? I bought mine abt $29 from maternity house... only have 2, better stock up more

Re PJs, can just buy from pasar malam... i bought one button me down shirt and pants, whole suit only $6.90. Hmm is it better to buy pants or skirt PJs? In case bottom painful or c-sect.. pants will be uncomfortable?

hi kelcqi..
Im sorry to hear abt your PIL. Frankly I think you are very nice to tolerate them this far. If it's me, I would have told my hubby off and would never stay same house as them

Linda,

Are you June Motherhood yahoo group member? You can get the massage lady ctc there. For post natal massage if normal delivery, i think after a week can start massage liao.
Btw, fyi, Aunty Su had 'fully' booked by June mummies here for post natal and she had rejected a few mummies oredy.

Kelcqi,
Not open door? Is too obvious leh. She sure knows u r inside the house since u r doing confinement. Just hide urself comfortablely in the room and ignore her, maybe this shld be the best solution. In fact from the way u describe ur ILs, i find is better not let them take care of ur child loh, sure conflict will arise. But most importantly wat is ur hubby's standpoint?

Roxy,

shipping charges $50 is based on Vpost charges?
I'm bit skeptical over the shipping charges coz no long ago i joined a spree for aquadoodle mat, and the box was quite light, less than 1kg , but total shipping cost is more than $40+ leh.

I was thinking if the $549 backpk sold at KKH is newer batch, might consider it as the diff with direct US will be around $160,treat it as warranty.

If you able to get friend to buy and bring back then it might be worth as you dont had to bear the shipping cost.

Kelcqi,

"In the first place I nv wanted her to babysit, so no matter wat I'll nv get her a maid. Make her admit defeat herself so that I can take baby out from her care."

Honestly, I don't think you are very bad, but I don't think it's a good idea to put your bb at risk.. being with a grandparent who may not love her enough to take good care of her may hurt her. Being a bb, she may not know how to tell you. I'm not suggesting that your MIL is worthy of a maid, but rather, get a maid for your daughter?

Another idea is why not get a maid for your mom? Ignore your MIL lah. See if your hb agrees. Let your mom look after your daughter with the maid's help?

Another more drastic move is to resign from your job, and move back to your mom's place to look after your daughter! Use the reason that you can't tolerate your MIL anymore and you don't want the unhappiness to affect your bb.

Hi Felicia
I have not been a constant participant in this thread. I doubt I have access to the yahoo account. Can you give me her contacts? I like to check with her to see how we can work out certain arrangements esp when I stay in woodlands too? Appreciate your help.

Kelcqi,

If yr parents are taking care of yr daughter, u have more excuse to travel back to yr parents house and probably stay overnight too.. tats wat my colleague does. Only weekend she meet up with hb. If yr hb miss u he may come over also..if not u 2 can meet for dinner then u go back yr parents house.

But most importantly dun harm u and yr hb relations. see wat he says first.

felicia... KKH is selling $549 for backpack? If it is also the pis advanced 2008 model then super worth it leh. Is there any number we can call to check? Im only estimating S$50 based on comgateway charges... assuming the package is 6kg but might be more...

roxy,

Heehee... this is the issue we had been talking about this morning on the $549 PIS. In fact TF was there this morning to check. But the sales lady not able to able to confirm to us whether the $549 is newer version. What she can confirm is the $669 oso backpack is 2008.

Cactus,
Soree to ask again. For the faceplate issue, which year manufactured is affected?

zuEn,
mayb u can write down wat ti ask ur doc lor, in case forget =).

Ellysia,
Tink its beta to bring 2 set of PJ to hospital in case one got dirty =).

Hi Felicia, I cannot remember which years are affected. I remmeber it's 2 tranches which were affected. I'm very very sorry.... I don't think 2007 is affected... it was prob sometime 06 and before...

zuen,
to my understanding,breast pads are to absorb breastmilk if it leaks, once bb miss the time to bf, maybe can try to get nursing bra that fit nicely for your breast, and not too loose too big ones, then it can hold breast in place

cactus,

You're our PIS advisor! hehe....
In fact i was thinking is quite safe to buy the $549 package, the only consideration is how useful is that letdown button. The sales lady was telling me their PIS stocks is replenished at very short interval as stocks movement is fast. So, most probably getting year 2006 or earlier is quite slim.
Anyhow, might ask my hubby to bring me down KKH this weekend to take a look since i need to get something from there oso.

Felicia, sorry I can't provide more info.. I actually came across a good website, think Tera/TF provided some links too... on this thread.. maybe you can search back? Sometime in March...

Felicia
No lah, just went Toa Payoh for lunch then to Changi Hospital for mum to collect her medication..keke.. Babyjo describe the packing correctly. I'm still trying to read today's thread wat u gals discuss so far. Did Cactus got the smaller square shape for the new design?

I got this brochure, I think when at Taka Medela booth. Not sure if they r the distributor, but u might wnt to call J&E Baby n Mothercare at Toh Guan at 65623008 to see if they can explain the 08 faceplate n difference. Cos they specialize in Medela, i guess so wld knw better than salesgirls. At same time can ask the px there.

cactus,
Is ok, the info you provide is good enuf. Ya, i do keep the link with me but hvnt got the time to read up yet,

TF,
Thks. O... at Toh Guan, quite near my working place leh. Ok, shall give them a call later as this 2 days i'm busy with my net meeting preprations.

Cactus
If u mentioned your box is Landscape orientation, then yours might nt be the New Design model. Cos like wat i saw n Babyjo mentioned, the new box is more towards portrait or square orientation. And u can see the word "New Design" on a red star logo on top right hand of the box. Check when u r back to see if u got wat u wanted. Else Isetan does allow refund, wat more they told u is 08 model.

for those whose PJs is pants/shorts type.. pls bring a few sets.. its better to have dress type PJs cos my frends said we will have alot of discharge.. and will stain everytime.. so if its the dress type.. when we lying dwn we can pull up n sit directly on the sheets provided by the hospital..

Ellyisa,
=D...

All,
was wondering whether to bring romper or brin glong pants and shirt for bb to wear when dischagred...hmm..

do u all intend to brin gur pump along?

Back