(2008/06) June 2008

Mor,
In fact Aunty Su prefer to go to ur side at early morning, then only come to my place coz my place will be nearer to her. Yest evening she actually smsed again and asked me if can change to noon, then not sure why i had 6th sense maybe you booked her this sat as well. Hahaha....6th sense.

But as i'll be goin out at noon, so i prefer stick back to morning. hehe....
(Coz cannot bath within 3-4hrs after massage leh.)

morning ladies!

kelcqi, i briefly read thru your post above regarding your MIL. I think there were some posts on the earlier threads but I did not have time to read thru them.

I can understand how u feel coz I think somewhat I'm caught in the same situation as u. my MIL promised to take care of my bb, do my confinement and take care of hse chores. she moved over around 2 mths ago. but after she moved in, she changed her mind. suddenly she tell me she dunno how to do confinement. dun want to do certain hse chores. refuse to do marketing but ok to cook. we also realised she has no energy to do all those which she promised. so in the end, I have to last minute look for CL, hire a maid.

my MIL's values are a bit 'not right' too. I'm quite skeptical to let her look after my bb. but wat can I do now that she has moved in and supposely to look after my bb???

I can only ren loh..... i think ren is the only thing we can do. else we will be putting our hubby in a spot.....

<font color="ff0000">felicia

oic.. hee.. coz i gave her options any timing oso can mah since im so free at home.. ha ha..

iamsnow

aiya i have to wake up for my ger mah.. she has to go school wor..</font>

Morraine,

last massage session, mine was at noon, then i went out to shopping after that and i feel ppl walking passed me, can smell the massage oil on my body loh, i'm so paiseh. Luckily just do some short shopping only.

This shall be my last pre natal massage, then had to wait till deliver only can had massage again. So sad!

K Ong, if i remember correctly VPOST charge me abt $40++ in 2006. Yes, the problem is warranty issue. But alot of mummies bot frm US during my time in 06

Just got sms from TF. She's at KKH now, but as the First Few Years shop not yet open, she's not able to check the Medela PIS year of manufactured. She'll check again later.

iamsnow,
yah..she does burp out for my case..i didnt noe y she keep burping until my fren tell me dat it's similar to gua sha where the person need some way to expel out the wind or bad things..

Ah mor and Felicia, I check with you both hor, if Aunty Su do the massage, Will our bodies have patches of redness? I am thinking of doing it next Thurs, and Fri I will be going studio to take photographs, so now thinking if got red patches then maybe cannot ask her come liao, or else later photographs turn out machiam like punch by pple (as what Iamsnow mentioned yesterday).

iamsnow,

Got. She got burp. Actually i wanna to asked this question oso leh. In fact during my 1st delivery, the massage lady whom do post natal massage for me oso had this burping leh. Not sure wats the reason.

Mor,
Any idea?

Yo gals, i have less than 2 mths to c my BB!!! Date chosen for my c section, 22 May 2008.

Btw, i have engage aunty su for my post natal massage (only can do one mth later after consulting my gynae). Is she good? pls share for those do pre-natal with her.

Wah my new maid coming today. Tal long tal long, ti kong po pi, she dun give me problem like the previous one.

bizznow,
she also burp for my case.... then she explain to me it's my wind. then i find it quite amazing...

veniz,
u doing photo shot the following day? u might want to reconsider leh. i was aching like mad yesterday. my massage was on sunday..... but today totally recovered from the aches.... not sure abt what morr and felicia experience though....

Veniz,

The red patches only on ur back, so i think it shldn be a problem for ur photography session, rite? Unless u r wearing sexily or bare back?hehe....

Does looking at animals really affect the way the baby turns out?

Cos I have 2 dogs at home and I always play with one of them.

baby jo,
how come you decide on c section?

felicia,
from wat i know, the person who massage for u will usually absorb the bad energy from the person being massaged. but i was quite amazed that she absorb the wind also.... her burping comes from our wind which she try to dispell for us.

iamsnow,

For me, i oso had aches lah but the next day recovered liao, maybe i'm used to it. Coz before preggie, i go to those chinese 'tui na'. Tat one more pain leh and no relax. At least when Aunty Su massage for me, i feel relax and almost feel asleep.

iamsnow, this is my #3. previous 2 are c section, so 3rd bb compulsory ive to c section again. bcos there is a tendancy that my old wound will rupture during the pushing

felicia,
u almost fell asleep during the massage? hee hee... wat a difference experience. i could not relax at all. coz very painful.... she trying to dispell the wind. the gua sa very painful.... haha.... maybe i always go for relaxing massage, have not tried kua sa / tui na before... hee hee...

babyjo,
this is your #3? wah.... power leh!!!

Felicia &amp; Iamsnow, thanks for your advice. Then maybe I will try it, will give her a call later for the appointment. As for the photoshoot, ney, I will not wear sexy clothes lar, already a mum of 1 and character like auntie liao, how to act sexy.

My first preg also still retain lots of wind and water in body, its more of these elements in my body which make me look fatter.

BabyJo, when was your last c-sect? My mgr's wife #1 c-sect was like 6years ago and last mth when she was trying for VBAC, her doc mentioned that there was some blood, she scare may rupture old wound, thus told them to go for C-Sect.

iamsnow,

Maybe i experience tui na before, tats why i feel more relax . Only when Aunty Su massage my shoulder and ankle, i feel pain but still okloh.

<font color="ff0000">burping is coz when she gets rid of the wind from our body den she has to disperse it out lor.. its normal wor.. i asked before..

veniz

for me wun be red wor..

felicia

i asked her to use my clarins oil for the massage the last round hee.. so the smell is nice nice one!</font>

Hi Tinyfeet,

on the topic of insurance, yes. Hb and I and my parents are all on as per charge plans. NTUC's Enhanced incomeshield plus Rider. But I udnerstand now they dun have Rider.. only Assist Rider so our child prob cannot have pure as per charge... sigh.

I totally agree with you that we should buy good coverage when we're young. hb and I are with Preferred plan. my mom is with advantage. my dad with basic. Probably hb and I will downgrade our plans as we age cos of rising premium cost.

Hi gals...since everyone is hot on topic of discussion of PIS.. hackley is selling US$225 for PIS advanced 2008 model... if ship via comgateway prob add another S$50 for shipping... may want to consider
happy.gif

cactus,

I'm just about to look for you then saw ur post here. hehe...
Just got call from TF from KKH. She told me the PIS Advanced new package is bit smaller than old version. Is in landscape box, which new model is smaller in term of width but height is the same.
And new model package outside got a sticker label ' New design'. So, the one you brought got this lable and how is the box?
Coz the saleslady in the shop are not able to tell us year of manufactured for the old model ($549) adn she's not sure of the faceplate issue as well. As she can tell us is the diff is the letdown button. Urs got letdown button function?

Kelcqi,

Actually, I feel it's a good idea to get maid for your MIL. For the bb's sake. Really. Cos it is not easy to look after just 1 baby. Your MIL will definately need to bathe during the day. who to keep an eye on the bb at the same time? What happens if bb wants milk and cries? Your MIL cannto comfort bb and make milk at the same time?

as me. Hubby will only come over every evening.

Your MIL prob wants to look after bb cos she wants "face" lah. she doesn't want pple to ask how come she is not looking after grandchild. But I feel bbs don't know that much when they are younger.. they know more only when they are older. Since your mom lives so near you, is it possible for her to look after your bb instead? In my case, my MIL will look after our son for about 4 to 6 months. then my dad will take over with a maid. my hb and I will move to my parents' home...my MIL knows if hb and I buy our own home, we will be giving my parents a room of their own. She dare not complain cos my parents are the main caregivers and they offered to lend hb and I money to buy a home.

Actually leaving bb with your MIL is not a bad idea, but you need to know how your MIL is. Cos I forsee there is a chance you will get into major disagreements with your MIL over the bb.. not good for you or your hb o r your bb. Also, you MIL may not put her heart and soul into caring for the bb..and may put your bb at risk.

Morraine,

So clever of u to use clarin oil! hehe...
Aunty Su asked me to prepare firming oil for my post natal massage. Then was thinking to get the clarin brand as well but last weekend, couldnt find in Sasa, malacca. So this week must get it from spore Sasa.

Felicia, both old n new model got let down function leh......Yes old model the packing is bigger (landscape), new old packing smaller like square shape. New design logo imprint on the box for new model

hi ladies...

Wow, all talking abt massage =)..

Yest i went bk to office to handover my work to my boss, din wlak much but come home with a pair of swollen legs again..haiz...weird..was telling hb lucky gynae gave me 30days to rest at home cos really felt to tired and worn out lor...like old lady...heehee

All,
Hv u gers bot all the things ready for ur bb's arrival? I have not bot nursing bras yet and also an electric airpot...

babyjo/roxy : thanks for the links and suggestion !

felicia/tf : thanks for reporting "live" from KKH !! it does seem that the local salespeople are not very familiar with the Medela pumps ...

Maybe those interested sld consolidate our orders and ship from Hackney ?

BabyJo,

O.. both got the letdown function? Coz the sales lady said the diff is the letdown button. She told me for old model i need to switch off the pump and restart the whole process again if stop express half way but new model, i just need to press let down button, dont need restart whole process.
So, i'm bit confuse coz i nvr use electric pump before leh.
My concern is i'm afraid buying the batch tat had faceplate issue, tats why if the old model is ok, i shall go for it.

<font color="ff0000">felicia

its not clever but my oil dun seem to be using up though i use religiously so i asked aunty su if can use or not lor.. den she say can
happy.gif
</font>

hihi
have been a silent reader mostly, saw you girls recommend aunty su for massage... may i know her charges for post natal massages? thanks.

Good Morning Ladies!

feifei,
someone shared yday at punggol area can get nursing bras at $5.90, if not, can go to the Jl sale at Expo, i got mine at $7.90, and there are 2 other carts selling also, cheapest also $5.90, check it out, sale until 13 april

I got most of the things, but hv not pack hospital bag yet, hv to check with the standard list n c what i short of

If you need to get nursing clothes, one website got quite good bargain, www.iwantmilks.com

hi k Ong
Yes, Im referring to the website babyjo provided.. they are selling US$224.95 for the pis 2008 advanced backpack or shoulder bag version coz i emailed them for prices already
happy.gif

Shipping charges can ship via comgateway too http://www.comgateway.com/COMGATEWAY/com.creditel.comgateway.common.FactOne.do
The package is est 6kg so about US$29?

Might want to consider if consolidate orders,will be slightly cheaper shipping but might incur GST of 7%...

Fennie,
Tks for the infor..

Maybe this wkend i go Punggol Plaza for a look lor..tks..The nursing bra is without wires hor?

hi hi morning gals...

kelcqi...
on CL... tell ur mil ur mum paid for it... dun tell her ur hubby paid... wat she dunno wldnt hurt her.
let her take care after 6 mths? well, u can decide halfway thru that change of plans... current babysitting arrangements is very suitable, u dun intend to change and let baby adjust all over again. ur weekend idea... wat if she can adjust... how? :p ur plan wld be spoiled. and i agree wif cactus that her intention to take care of baby is not to lose face, but that doesnt mean she will be a good caretaker!

feifei...
u hvaing swollen legs cos of water retention? hugs... oh... i hvnt bgt any stuff for baby's arrival... nothing has been done. haha...

btw, which clarins oil u girls toking abt? cos there are 2 types if i rembr... one is for eliminating water retention and the other for firming.

Roxy / K Ong,

If we were to shipped from US, we need to consider the converter as well. If i'm not wrong is about $20. I'm not sure if total amt is just about $100+ different whether worth to ship direct from US as no warranty leh.

feifei,
the ones i got no wire, not sure abt the punngol plaza ones, the website selling $14.90 but got black colour, normally only beige or pink in the retail malls, if you need strapless ones, like elastic one size ones, can get from toa payoh, only $5.90, for those of us who likes to wear spagetti straps tops

Back