(2008/04) April 2008

Adeline: 7 times?!?!?!? how did she survive? Was she on MC? i cant imagine having to keep going to toilet when i'm working as going to feel all out of sorts... hope i wont be like that.. *fingers crossed*

Bun: it isnt painful just a little uncomfortable.. but better then doing pap smear.. me hate doing that.. hahaha...

harlow .. all .. i list down all the MTB for Apr'08 .. pls let me if i write wrongly or miss you
happy.gif

<u>April Mummie </u>
kea - Dr Woo
adeline - edd 2apr
alexia
apple
gail
sock ling
sling -
Chew Yuan
Cath - edd 3 Apr
tratties - 8 Apr
Jgal - Dr Fong
Rain - Dr Douglas Ong
gemini05 - Dr Jocelyn Wong
Ann - Dr Tan Hang Yang
LL77
jamie - Dr Gordon Tan
pucca (not confirm)
cutie - dr Fong
Bun

Adeline : how come your EDD is same as mine but my LMP is 26 June ?

kea : cramp in the leg ?

Bun : err.. my gynae did v scan for me for the past 2 checkup. Not painful if he is experienced.

Jgal

nope..cramp in abdominal....at the side...when i turn to slp by my side, i will have cramps sometimes...i cant slp on by side...u ?

kea

for me, i do it once every 2 years. but i think u cant do it when u r preggie, dont think your gynae will ask u to do it too.

Kea

me had mild cramps early last week but it got better already.. u/stand that cramps are normal as uterus is expanding as long as there is not spotting or bleeding..

Thanks Jgal for compiling..
happy.gif

My gynae is Dr Esther Ng.

1st time MTB / Jgal- good to hear V-scan is not painful..guess have no choice and have to bear with the uncomfy feeling.

jgal
i am also curious regarding ur question! hahaha but i never question my gynae. cause i know if i question him means that i am in doubt with his service. Maybe my conception is later? Cause my baby now 1.44cm and it shows 8 weeks. I also no idea.
My gynae is Dr Lim Teck Beng.

Kea
cramps or aches is normal as the baby is growing and expanding. bt if it comes along with spotting then u hve to be careful. If you are realyl worried, call up ur gynae and enquire. If it gets too serious they will prescribe you with hormone pills. I do have them now and then but now it is subsiding as i am slowly going into 2nd trimester.

Tratties
ya my colleague took 1 week hosp leave and alot days MC. to date she has already spend $2k on medical fees and she is 7 months now. She was down with nose bleeding and very bad migraine during her 2nd trimester.

<u>April Mummie </u>
kea - Dr Woo
adeline - Dr Lim Teck Beng - edd 2apr
alexia
apple
gail
sock ling
sling -
Chew Yuan
Cath - edd 3 Apr
tratties - 8 Apr
Jgal - Dr Fong
Rain - Dr Douglas Ong
gemini05 - Dr Jocelyn Wong
Ann - Dr Tan Hang Yang
LL77
jamie - Dr Gordon Tan
pucca (not confirm)
cutie - Dr Fong
Bun - Dr Esther Ng
Cloudluv

Adeline : Maybe your cycle is longer than mine. Mine is 28-day cycle, with O day on 9 jul But then again, i am only 6.5 wks preggy.

BTW gals, i was warn by my mother not to eat dang gui and ginseng. **cos' my grandma want to brew for me ** .. she say.. since i am carry the bb well, no bleeding and such , i shld not eat anything too "good". Cos' these things are heaty.. eat already will nose bleed. I also told not to eat mutton.. Mutton also too heaty for preggy gals :p

gals, i got bad news. nothing can b found in both v scan or tummy scan. nothing at all lei... took blood test. results will onli b out tomolo coz now too late liao. Gynae say it might b chemical preg or the baby not healthy stop growing. I will leave here for a moment. U all take care

Dear all,

Can i check if there is anyone with high risk pregnancies such as ivf ladies, endo sufferers?

Did anyone of your gynae prescribe duphaston 14 for you as ang tai? I am an endo sufferer with a growth in my body (had my laparoscopy done in march 07) and confirmed i am expecting. I do have brown spotting and abdomen discomfort.

Currently i am residing in kuala lumpur (kl) as hubby is posted there but i plan to deliver in singapore. Pte Gynae in kl is not as thorough i feel. I just went to confirm my pregnancy today and she gave me the ang tai pills but i am not comfortable to take first and would like to find out here.

My gynae and tcm doctors are in singapore and i hope to see them soon once my hubby is given leave to come back.

I think based on the online help/calculation, i think my edd should be in 12 april.

Ladies
probably we can update this table.

<table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>GYNAE</TD><TD>HOSPITAL</TD><TD>CHILD #</TD><TD>GENDER </TD></TR><TR><TD>Adeline</TD><TD>2nd April</TD><TD>Dr Lim T.B.</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cath</TD><TD>3rd April</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tratties</TD><TD>8th April</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kea</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Alexia</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Apple</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gail</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sock Ling</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sling</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chew Yuan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jgal</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rain</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gemini05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ann</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan Hang Yang</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LL77</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Gordon Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pucca</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cutie</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Fong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bun</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cloudluv</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Bun

My gynea has also detected cycst in me while scanning for bb. will be going back to him for constant check ups to monitor the situation. I'm also as worried as u, burst in tears when i heard it. Lucky to have Dr Fong, he is very reassuring though my pregnancy is complicated due to the cycst. Now I just hope bb and I will be strong enough to tie thru the 9mths together. May God Bless us and give us strenght!

You may wanna c Dr Fong with regards to the cycst. He measures the size of the cycst as well. Or maybe coz your cycst isn't big, tts y ur gynea can close an eye to tt issue.

cutiebb

sorry to hear that. dont worry, i'm sure u & bb will be able to go thru it together. trust your gynae, u r in good hands!

Thanks Jamie ... am feeling much better now with all the care & concern i get from ppl around me.

BTW have u heard of cases like mine?

Hi all...
Zao An !

Apple: i know it's difficult, but try not to worry too much ok. Take good care.

Cutiebb : i will be visiting my gynae again this Fri to check on the cyst and also to go another scan. I read that some cyst may disappear during pregnancy... my cyst is 4 x 5cm. Is that considered big ? What is the size of your cyst ?
yes..let's hope that everything will turn out fine ! Take care !

cutiebb

got a friend who hv fibroid when she's pregnant, however her gynae didnt detect anything. eventually she m/c after her 1st trimester. i guess if her gynae hv detected it earlier, she would hv save the baby. dont worry cutie, u r in good hands of dr fong, who hv detect early for u. i'm sure things r going to be fine.
happy.gif

Bun

Mine is slightly bigger than urs i think. I was not given the dimension. I heard tt cycts may disappear but gynea did warn tt the homones may cause it to grow as well. tts y need to constantly go down for check up. Yup gd luck to both us
happy.gif
Stay strong together w our bb
happy.gif
Many ppl have adviced me to stay positive
happy.gif

cutiebb and bun

u all mean when first visit , gynae do tummy scan for u all then discover the cyst? hw they discover? where it is?

Kea

mine was discovered during v-scan.

Bun

Look on the bright side like wat Dr Fong told me, ppl like us usually find it hard to conveived. At least bb mirale did happened. I thank bb for letting me noe abt my cycts problem.

cutiebb

cyst is a fluid filled structure, whereas a fibroid arises from the uterus. Also, a fibroid is solid as it is made of muscle fibres unlike a cyst which contains fluid.

cutiebb

where is it located at? me use to have cyst near my V part...went to c doc, doc say not serious..jus give me cream to apply..nw i worry..will tell gynae when i c him on thurs.

heard from my colleague whose friend was pregnant with cyst and had it removed by her gynae at the same time when she delivered her baby by C-section.

anyone's morning sickness kicking in? mine seems real bad.. from yday whole day feel nausea and vomitted about 4 times.. now still the same in office.. aiyo.. feeling so lightheaded also..

no leh .. no morning sickness yet.. but . i was told to stay away frm milk.

cutiebb : Babies are blessings from God ;) esp Yours since it's conceived right after the wedding, and in such condition. No doubt abt it.
happy.gif
God will take care of him/her
happy.gif

Thanks Jgal...btw y do we have 2 avoid milk? Tot we need it most now?

Kea...its near filopine tube i think

tratties...me2 feeling quite lousy at times. I get hungry easily 2.

Very nice to have u gers here to give mutual suuport. thanks
happy.gif
Do you gers start to have tummy? I can see mine but was wondering isit due to cycts or bb?

tratties

In order not to vomit, try not to eat too much at 1 go...have multiple small meals. I heard drinking red dates boiled water may help.

tratties

yeah i'm feeling moody & nausea too but lucky didnt vomit.

jgal

any reason to avoid milk? we actually need alot of calcium now.

cutiebb
Yes, you are right. If not for BB, i won't be able to know i have cyst. I did not experience any painful period.. everything just seem normal.

Kea
Yes, Esther did a tummy scan and discovered the cyst. It's on the left side of my womb.

haa..just couldn't concentrate at work. have to come to this forum every 1- 2 hours...

lunch time soon.. Remember to take a nutritious meal !

Hi Cutiebb and Bun,

Think dun have to worry so much. I also have a 5cm adenomyosis (growth in the uterus itself). Just need to be more careful and not tire or strain yourself and eat healthily.

<font color="0000ff">cutiebb and bun</font>
God will bless both of you! Do understand that it is tough not to worry but think positively ok! No negative thoughts not good for bb. Ur bb will definitely grow healthily! God bless..

<font color="0000ff">tratties</font>
Try to drink ribena and warm water such as milo. U can try aust milo which is low in sugar (i normally order milo ko song and if i make myself, i dun put sugar) It taste nice for aust milo. Chocolatey!
For myself lucky no MS. when i had my 1st girl i didnt experience any MS as well.

<font color="0000ff">Jamie</font>
Just sharing smething which my doc told me. As the calcium tablets is too big, i am unable to swallow them. whenever i swallow the calcium i just feel like puking it out. So my dr tell me to stop taking calcium! our daily food intake already contain alot calcium and not to worry that baby dun have enuff calcium. Baby will absorb all their daily needs from us even if we nt drinking milk/taking calcium tablets it doesnt matter. We can always replenish that after we give birth. Foods are being broken down into the most basic molecules and baby will definitely find a way to absorb whatever it needs. No worries about insufficient nutrients. BUT excessive nutrients will go into my mommy herself! Such as FATS!!!! then we'll thus have to go slimming center and JIA YOU JIA YOU!

<font color="0000ff">bun</font>
i am addicted to the forum as well hahahaa..

<font color="0000ff">Ladies</font>
Do remember for bird's nest try to take after 3 mths but not now. and not too often! too much bird's nest isnt good. every 2 weeks once is sufficient
happy.gif

adeline

me also cant swallow those calcium tablets! yucks!! anyway when i'm preggie with my #1, i took those enfamum milk powder for lactation. our baby will definitely absorb watever they need, just dont want myself to be deprived of it, osteoporosis ... ke ke!!

jamie ... i ask my doc.. if i need to take more milk.. his reply is that " it will make you nausea ". He didnt say if i shld drink or not. But i guess, it just take what you have been taking .. no need to drink more for the bb.
happy.gif

My neighbour who is also expecting told me that her doc say there is no scientific findings that expecting mother shld drink more milk.

If you have a MS, it probably better to get your calcium frm other source than frm milk. It not advisable to continue on a high intake of dairy pdts if you are vomiting.

Also you can check this article, the calcium lost can be replenish after the preggy easily. So i guess not neccessary to thru all those puking ordeal.
happy.gif

http://www.niams.nih.gov/bone/hi/bone_pregnancy.htm

During pregnancy, the baby growing in its mothers womb needs plenty of calcium to develop its skeleton. This need is especially great during the last 3 months of the pregnancy. If the mother does not get enough calcium, her baby will draw what it needs from its mothers bones. So, it is disconcerting to realize that most women of child-bearing years are not in the habit of getting enough calcium. Fortunately (unless a mother is still a teenager), pregnancy appears to help protect a womans calcium reserves in several ways:

Pregnant women absorb calcium better from food and supplements than women who are not pregnant. This is especially true during the last half of pregnancy, when the baby is growing quickly and has the greatest need for calcium.

During pregnancy, women produce more estrogen, a hormone that protects bones.

Any bone mass lost during pregnancy is typically restored within several months after the babys delivery (or several months after breastfeeding is stopped).

yes i agree with Jgal

me have been drinking Anmum since i found out me preggie..now i cant stand the smell of milk..jus make me puke!! .....

<font color="119911">hi Simp,
First of all, Congrats!!!
i wonder if u still remb. me?? I am once from the Support group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.
I am so happy for u. I am now at Jan08 MTB thread.
My gynae gave me progesterone pills for an tai during week 5 of my pregnancy cos i have brown spotting & abdomen discomfort (crampish feeling). You shld not do any strenous exercise & rest well. Enjoy yr pregnancy!
happy.gif
</font>

Kea,
the abdomen discomfort is like pulling pain or menses cramps, sometimes on the left side, sometimes on the right. Gynae advise NOT to walk too much or do heavy hsework. That time, i was given bed rest for 3days & no shopping during GSS (Great S'pore Sale)...so sad but worth it la...for the sake of baby. Cramps on & off are pretty normal as long as no spotting involve otherwise must inform gynae.

<font color="0000ff">jgal</font>
ya i agree with you. Maybe thats why my gynae said calcium can be replenish after giving birth esp at my age.
Thanks for the above info.

steph

when me 4wks sharp, i have some bleeding..so worry then go c doc..now doc give me a medication dupt*** to eat..will be seeing him again on thurs...but me now still having on n off pulling cramps..

hey Bun & cutiebb,
u are not alone.
Re: Cyst & fibroid
i've blood cyst near my right ovary before pregnant & it was about 8cm. I had it removed thru lap surgery by KKH 4yrs ago. Now, my cyst has recur but this time only 3cm. Now, i am 17weeks pregnant, the cyst has shrink to 2cm & also Dr. Fong discovered a new 3cm fibroid. The fibroid was not there b4 but maybe due to change in hormones, that's why it exist. So far, baby is growing well & the cyst & fibroid are not growing/expanding any further. Dr. Fong say not to worry...will keep monitor as pregnancy progresses.
I am sure everything will be fine for both of you. Think positively!

kea : remember dun eat anything cooling e.g. watermelon , cucumber. Try to eat things that are cooked.. e.g. no raw cucumber/carrots

My MIL discarriage before and her preggy like have alot problems. I notice that she like to raw food esp garnish , i would think that's probably the cause of her problems. My mother warn me also ... try to cook everything before eating.. drink alot of soup.
happy.gif

Back