(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

pauline
thanks alot!i understand what you meant. yup daryl doesnt like avent teats too when i introduced to him since birth. then i switched everything to pigeon. but i like avent bottles more so i want to use back avent so want to check if the pigeon teats fits them.

i forgot how much is one alrdy. cuz i bought 4 tubes at one go. i ordered from prettycloud's spree.

xy
you want organise spree for avent BPA free bottles? haha!

lezy
yup i also went weak in the knees hearing those episotomy and stitching stories. but in the actual thing, i dont feel a single thing at all. too tired or numb to feel anything after the delivery process. after giving birth, i realised episotomy and stitching not scary at all.

pauline
i guess it's the usual same stuffs. hee!

Oic, never mind. I'll go check out the oral B spree threads. I hate pigeon bottles by the way, one time in the steriliser and the caps are loose. Tried many times with brand new bottles end up all the caps are loose. During the last Avent bottle trade in, I traded in all my pigeon bottles. Pek chek! All I hope for is that Raelynn likes Avent teats then I can save $, no need to restock on pigeon teats. :p

lezy,
yeah... after they gave me epi i was more relaxed and fully dilated only after 2 hours... err.. how did you manage to relax with the pain? maybe your threshold for pain is bigger than mine... 3cm can still go back home... for me 2cm already went to hosp then lazy to go back... hehehe.. that was around 4am, i give birth at 2pm (could have been earlier coz i was fully dilated by 12+ but hb had to go and take his lunch and my gynae came like 10 min after... so she said wait for him to come back... then she only came back like almost 1 hour after that... haiz... :p

apple,
*high 5* lol... so i'm not the only one hor... my friend's wife even more funny... when expecting her 2nd one, when they admit her, she quickly tell the nurse to quickly apply epi... :p

erm...for the stitching, i can feel the LA needles after delivery and then they stitch i can't really feel...

but it's just a feeling, not painful probably cuz that area alreay slightly numb from the delivery process.

but it is still darn scary to me.

me chicken. after go home i never ever dare to touch or feel that area. chicken chicken chicken.

*weak knees*

Lezy: at least drip is faster? I rather there needle poke me than insert pill down there leh. err same, I think of the stitches I also will go weak on my knees ahhaa

Tute: aha, I heard if administer too early, sometimes no effect at the later part.............

kitsune
haha so cute.

crystal
maybe this is good opportunity for me to bully hubby to doing more work. *yes!* lol.

lezy
pethidine, does that sometimes affect the bb? i know there's one injection that makes the bb a bit drowsy too..

no anus?? they didn't realise that during the detailed scan, or is this a urban legend kind of story? hee.

that's cuz i damn scared of epi also....cuz i have chronic back problem. they say epi can worsen it. and i'm chicken of having needle in my spine!

looks like i'm damn scared of a lot of things ah.

tute, dunno leh..when i was 3cm, it was more lioke normal menses cramp. i think everyone's 2/3/4cm is different pain levels perhaps.

lezy
when i was 3cm, can't feel anything at all. did check up day before i gave birth and gynae told me it was 3 cm dilated.

didn't need to have drip, think it looks quite painful. ouch

iso...
if pethidine is administered within 4 hours i think, bb must be monitored cuz it affects bb. we paid abit for the intensive care observation after she was born i think.

no anus..real story. that's very long ago - like 1950s/60s. How to have scan!? heh. and it's not no anus lah. it's the anus hole covered up. my bad.

mummies
anyone know of any nice children's furniture shops? a bit like the Flexa one at United Square. but i saw online their designs seem actually q simple - just that can add decorations.

iso...

the funky thing about things in this world...the simpler it is, the more expensive it is.

sigh. maybe it's not good to like simple things. :p

iso...

the funky thing about things in this world...the simpler it is, the more expensive it is.

sigh. maybe it's not good to like simple things. :p

tute/apple,

I asked epi at 1cm, after 10 mins' pain.

My colleagues told me beforehand that their wives regretted not taking epi earlier after tahan a few hours.

good morning,
on leave today. sneak in to read post while C is sleeping now.
no comment on the blocks?

i am going robinsons expo sale later. anyone want to tumpang?

bye!!

Lezy,
You are very brave leh.
Now even if I want Epi, I also scared of the needle.

Iso,
I'm not sure on children furniture.

bluginger, stephie, tong.. yar.. gwen's name a bit taiwanes.. but actually if u all remember during the period when we were abt to deliver.. there was a ch8 show with michelle chia and this ger from taiwan acting. Its abt chefs one.. and that ger also called yu tong.. and i like the name also so just nice the fengshui master also proposed it!

Re: staying at home
I have been staying at home ( or rather my in laws place for the past few days, we moved here for weekdays). i cant work cause really feel so uncomfortable with the bloatedness and ms and since my job OTOT one so i took the time to rest. But.. how?? i feel like a pest now.. think my in laws must be wondering y i am at hm daily and worst of all, i am not helping to take care of my ger much.. I also feel very lousy but i really super tired...very sianz.. feel so lousy now

But if i bring G home and take care of her alone.. i sure peng san one. Sigh..

Re: pethidine
This is the one to the thighs har.. i heard very painful...

I took epidural after my waterbag was burst.. Apple.. i was also induced at night.. wah .. torture.. cant rest the whole night.. luckily got korean dvds to watch... lower back is like suan tong..aching feeling.

I was glad i took epi earlier.. after that just sleep.. quite shiok..

But i wish my 2nd pregnancy will be like stephie's.. i remembered shawn came out super fast right??

Pantang
i actually believe leh.. i mean if its not too hard/difficult on me.. better to be safe than sorry.. BUt talking abt that makes me wonder.. how come G got so much Mongolian Marks on her back?? I dun remember painting when i was pregant with her except painting in sch with my students.. Actually i am quite worried the next one will have so yester night i also dun dare to rub my tummy ( bloatedness ) with my fingers cause i scared that will cause all these bluemarks..
sad.gif
.. it sounds stupi.. but...

Good to recap birth-story huh.
I used laughing gas when I have no dilation on 13 Feb. Epi after I was dilated till 4cm at midnight, contraction then was out of my limit. I finally can relax and sleep after epi for another 4hrs when it dilated to 8cm after that no further dilation and nurse checked, but cannot feel Channet's head. But I on and off can feel Channet trying to push herself out. Then I was on fever from 3am to 7am. Even with the antibotic, temp still high. So in the end, go C-sect. After the OP, immediately no fever.
Initially thought C-sect very painful, but after the eqpt were removed, I can walk ard liao.

For NO. 2, I tried to control my food intake. But due to low placenta, still need to C-sect again. Sigh...

Genice,
Ya. I rem the show but cannot recall the name. It is 3 ladies who are good friends and something to do with cooking.

wow.... I really peifu all mommies here who went thru natural birth...

my case was confirmed c-sect so date was chosen to "cut me up" but the little one wanted to see the world 1 week earlier. i was bleeding quite badly. so i had to go for emergency c-sect.

i was actually very scared & worried.

i was wheeled into the OT at 6am. the anesthetist told me to count to 3, b4 i could count to 2 i was knocked out.... 6.15am my mum n hubby heard the bb cries from outside the OT...

when they woke me up... my 1st reaction was... is my baby ok !!??! then the next thing i felt... the pain can kill !!! it was damn painful...

i think i was on morphine drip... but the pain still unbearable...

and the worst thing is the 1st step u took on the 2nd or 3rd day when the nurse "forced" u to walk... i just wanted to die...

Wow! Diana.
Your C-sect sounds scary leh.
But mine not so. I dun even take any pain-killer throughout my stay and confinement.
1st step is like I wanna see my bb and the nurse are so busy that they din have the time to wheel bb to me. So I walk to the nursery to wheel bb back to my room.

XY,
any catch form robinson sale?
I pm you the HP no. Had slept when you email me last night.

Diana,

hehe.... still got courage to have 2. And somemore you have MS, pei fu pei fu.

Genice,
A few months ago I read an article from newspaper, it says that babies whose mummies have severe MS are smarter. hehe.... quite comforting info for me.

iso
there are sayings that there's a 胎神 in your house when you are expecting. if shift furniture around may accidentally disturb the tai shen, hence no good.

lezy: sorry to hv scare u ah... think i special case :-/

blueginger: wah ! u beli gung ho leh... it took me very long to take the 1st step. the nurse came in so many times to check on me. i was still lying in bed... ;p hehe

i was allergy to painkiller, so didnt hv any either in hospital & at home.

but 1st day was on morphine drip, then 2nd day onwards dunno wat drip liaoz. i only only i was in pain n goggy thruout 1st 3 days, only 4th day more conscious.

tubao: just hope this 2nd time round would be better for me.. ;p got to face it..

i wanna share my birth story too!
happy.gif

15 Feb (edd supposed to be 20 Feb)
2am: work up feeling slight cramps. decided that was it and woke hb. went toilet and saw bloody stains on panty. quickly took a shower.

2.30am: debating with hb if we should bring along our donuts which we bought the night before. decided not to as it might be false alarm. i topped up my airpot in case we got no water to drink when we return home.

4am: rch hospital and put in observation ward. wait and wait until i suddenly feel like pooing. quickly ring the bell to alert the nurse. was told that i am fully dilated.

5am: pushed to delivery ward. and ashlynn is out by 5 plus am.

genice
good to have names proposed by feng shui master that you like. those characters that i like were all not in the list of names proposed. hence, made my choice more difficult.

ya, shawn came out quite fast. went to delivery room at abt 1145am and he came out at abt 1205pm after gynae arrived at 12pm.

a bit scary though now that i think of it. cos i had contraction at home and didn't 'hew' it. only became 'kan cheong' when i had show. believe i was already fully dilated when at home. thankfully all is well in the end
happy.gif

blueginger
all the best to your c-section next week and do remember to post pic of your darling when you have the time.
happy.gif

blueginger: did ur gynae say if 1st time round with low placenta, 2nd time would likely be the same case ?

my gynae said still too early to tell for my case. but for weak womb like me, 2nd time round wld be same... so am on "an tai" med...

have a smooth delivery
happy.gif

wahaha all the horror delivery stories.

apple, i was also overdue for alex, also not dilated n ended up in emergency c sect. I think my body just werent ready to give birth yet.

For my delivery, i was induced but still not dilated after 17h, then alex poo'd in me so had to c sect to take him out. I took the laughing gas n the thigh jab but the gas, i'm allergic to it. It makes me puked every hour! Wah felt so horrible. I puked until 5th mth of my preg n i hate hate puking. Then after my waterbag broke, the pain was so intense that i almost had to beg for epi. =p

i took GA for the c sect coz i cld still feel needle pricks when my gynae tested on my stomach. R we not supp to feel anything? When i woke up... I was moaning in pain. Haiz traumatic experience for me. So only one more preg for me!

clover
wah, sounds traumatic. hopefully your next one will be different and easier
happy.gif

bx
wah q fast hor! so cute can think about donuts some more
happy.gif

diana
wow, sounds really painful!! :S how long did it take u to heal after that?

stephie
wah! so fast!! but shawn is your #2 right?
can help me explain what is 胎神? i tried to google translate but it says "tire god". LOL!!!!

jeannie
are the spots v large? i thought the one at the butt area is q common, but i seen my friend's kid got q big one on the back.

birthing story
i also want to share mine!

6 Feb CNY - we all joked that 8 Feb is a good day for birthday (08-02-2008).

7 Feb 6+pm - slight cramps. thought i got to pang sai so i went toilet. came back still got cramps. then i realise it's 5 mins apart. lol. then started to get show. at this point me and hubby still checking our books to see whether we should go to hospital. very cartoon. had dinner and shower.

9+pm - went to hospital. gynae didn't even come until about 4+am.

8 feb - 5+am E arrives! almost 12 hrs in total from start to end.

after delivery i still feel v energetic, and no pain.. until after epi wear off then more kang kor to walk around. haha.

nothing drama
happy.gif

clover,
Your story also very traumatic.

Diana & clover,
I think because mine is a C-section with epi. Not GA. I heard GA more painful. Not sure, but this time I'm going for a GA.

My no. 1 not low placenta. No. 2 is low placenta.

Thank you, stephanie. Ya. Hv to rem to post her photo in thread. dun think I did it for Channet. =P
http://beetaimak.multiply.com/

haha this is funny!!

Wife is like TV, girlfriend is like Handphone (HP)
At home watch TV, go out bring HP.

No money, sell TV. Got money change HP.
Sometimes enjoy TV, but most of the time play with HP.
TV free for life but HP, if you don't pay the services will be terminated.
TV is big, bulky and most of the time old, but handphone is cute, slim.
Operational cost for TV is often acceptable but for HP is high and often demanding.
Most Important: TV got remote.. HP don't have..

Last but not least........

TV do not have virus, but h/p yes..........have VIRUS.............. once get it, HABIS LA..... hahahahaha...... so better choose TV instead of h/p.....hahahahahaha!

iso
lol. found the following via google:

“胎神”是专管胎儿的神灵,它通常存在于孕妇的周围。人们对胎神既敬又畏。因为胎神有保佑胎儿和伤损胎儿的双重性质。当胎神有益于胎儿时,人们自然敬它;当胎神有害于胎儿时,人们又畏惧它。这时,人们不管它叫胎神,而管它叫胎煞。神可敬,煞不可犯。据民间信仰认为,胎神对胎儿的损伤皆因人们对胎神亦即胎煞的触犯。俗传胎神能与胎儿的魂魄交通。胎神按一定的时刻有规律地出现在孕妇周围一些固定的方位或者附着于某些物体上。人们不得触犯、伤害到它,否则,便等于伤害到了胎儿,严重的会导致孕妇肚痛难产,或者胎损子夭。

ya, shawn is my #2.

bx
for this pregnancy? for both i have no MS, but #1 i had no cravings at all. this one i'm always thinking about food! i think i put on 1-2kg already :S

Bx, wish mine can be like yours. Just 4 hours of labour from start to finish. Envy.
happy.gif

Iso, ya lor, there hubby was busy cutting off the baby clothes tags for me in the study room for laundry purpose and I just took the scissors out from my dressing table (I make sure 1 have 1 pair of scissors and 1 dustbin in every room, OCD maybe?) and started cutting some new thing I bought on the bed. Can't even remember what I cut. :p

Iso - so good, no MS! even though now my MS better, i still have the queasy feeling.eeks. these kindda feeling goes on until the day i deliver (arg still got such a long way..)

re:epi,
actually when they push me to dleivery room, they turn off the epi drip machine... is this the practice? because of that, i can feel the contractions when i was about to push...

diana,
your story sounds scary leh... i have been in surgery for cyst removal twice so i know how it feels like for that 1-2 steps... that's why i really wanted to go normal...

bx,
your delivery seems like very smooth leh... envy envy... hehehe... your 2nd one you better come earlier coz i heard #2 usually labor shorter compared to #1... one of my friend almost gave birth in the car, until she had no time to fill up admission form coz almost about to give birth liao... hahah..

iso,
decorations can source from ikea... i know it's very common but can mix and match... and some stuff are really cute there...

re:induce,
i was almost induced as well! until a week before due date gynae say no opening at all.. so every day when i leave the house i will take the stairs and when i come home, i climb stairs as well (5 storeys) because gynae say walking a lot + climbing stairs can help to induce... finally on due date, i got 1cm dilation then gynae help to increase to 1.5cm then after than i went shopping for 2 hours (literally walk around for 2 hours) and voila... at 3am the next morning i got cramps and bleeding... so off we went to hospital and my hb also get a dramatic story to tell... LOL..

Back