(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

iso,
you're doing renovation? i miss those times! love going shopping for house... but off course it takes a lot of time too... hehehe..

re:stove,
mine is a teka and i like it! it's not induction, but it's glass based and it's very easy to clean as opposed to the normal aluminium base. if you can wait, look out for teka sale... they usually have sale 2-3 times a year which is not bad. i got my stove+oven from them
happy.gif

re: electrical shop,
there's also one shop which i heard is quite cheap but they only have a warehouse like somewhere in jurong kechil (can't remember the name now) :p

tute
yes! excited! but since now preggie we won't officially move in until after confinement. i heard some mothers don't like to move house when preggie cos pantang? anyway for me it's more of convenience since now i stay with ILs, heh

teka is nice!! showroom at UE Sq right? jurong kechil - at bukit timah?

Tubao, apple and XY: Thanks.

scotts emulsion I prefer to original flavour, orange is sweet.

tongtong,
Let me check if I have a free carrier for these books. You not driving? Otherwise can dropby my place since blk 801 is in between my place and central mah. Hehehee

stove:
Just wondering if using city gas type or the gas tank or induction? Price wise?

blueging
i think i will use city gas. gas tank so ma fan and takes up space. but not sure about induction. must ask hubby tonight why he dun want induction. haha

Iso, haha, I'll look for you once you start the headhunting biz. I don't mind earning some pocket money from part time assignments. Must keep myself relevant to the workforce or else a few years later, nobody wants me liao. Hee. ;)

kitsune
great! got 1 customer already! lol.
one of my friends is doing q well as a headhunter, and i did mention to her about my "biz plan" before. maybe after #2 i cho-cho her more, see whether it's actually viable.

bluegin,
induction should be heavy on electricity right as it uses electric for the heat... re tank vs city gas it also depends on your house, if it's new HDB type i think they are all using city gas. Not sure about private. But it will be more convenient from my point of view :p

iso,
yeah i heard about the pantang thing from my friend too... one of my friend didn't even do her reno until after she gave birth... so what do you plan to do?
re teka showroom, yes it's at UE square
happy.gif

re shop, yeap it's jurong kechil near bukit timah... forgotten the name of the shop though... got it from renotalk forum last time :p

Isobellies,
Good idea! You can already start yr database ;> Write down your business plan!

Moving during pregnancy
I must be the most "unpantang" person around. During 1st pregnancy, not only did I move from Thailand to Singapore, I even moved within Singapore. This pregnancy also moved 1x already. :p

Scotts emulsion
I used to give the orange one and then the bottle finished. My mom was v ambitious - gave the original one - which was of cos, very badly received by K. There was no turning back after that. I had to give the strawberry flavoured DHA for kids fish oil after that. Even orange flavours scotts was flatly refused. Lesson learnt - always start from the lowest (and cheapest) base.

Qingling
can teach me how to make tutu? i wanna learn!

scotts emulsion
i started giving cheryl when she was 15mths old. i gave the orange flavour. she loves it and willing to take everyday. yah it's sweet but nvr cause phelgm. cuz it's quite concentrated and need to drink lots of water after that. so maybe should be fine? i gave the original one before but she dont like at all. i tried and it's really quite awful to drink.

iso
i moved in when i was preg last yr. no choice, cuz i dowan to stay with ILs anymore and i dowan do confinement over there too. so die die hurry and move in once renovations all done up. i only avoid the moving of furnitures because my mom told me to move away since i was preg.

pauline
hope you are feeling better now.

xy/tubao
very tempted to read the song of kitchen and other books by the author but my chinese not v good. and also the other recipe book.

blueginger
hope you have a smooth delivery! must be excited now!!
happy.gif

Pauline
take care and get well soon. falling sick during pregnancy is the worst - so many meds cannot take, very xin ku.

Stove
Induction very sexy but you need to get "induction-friendly" cookware yes?

Bluegin, was your first induced? how does it work? they induce and straightaway send you into operating room is it? do you get to feel the contractions? So exciting, after months of waiting, finally can get to see your baby
happy.gif

Pauline,
Forgot to reply you just now... does kodomo toothpaste contains floride? Most of the toothpaste i see here contains that... hence I buy orajel as it is flouride free. I read one of the reviews for orajel, one of the mummy say it is more minty than first teeth (for the thomas train taste)... orajel got different taste so that's one good thing... if you wanna get from spree, some also buy this earth's best toothpaste. Maybe you can try that
happy.gif

Thanks, crystal and bkkgal. Better today, that's why can surf net. If not, I lie flat on my bed liao. Throat still no good, greenish yellow phelgm. :p

Hehe, I hate original flavour of Scotts emulsion, I don't even like taking fish oil supplements now. So, we started immediately with the orange flavour Scotts emulsion. ;)

Tute, thanks, oh, orajel more minty than first teeth ah? Then don't dare to buy and try liao cos she'll definitely reject. Anyone using earth's best toothpaste? Can share if it's mintier than first teeth?

bkkgal, i see whether can pass to u this weekend.
happy.gif

pauline.. i was reading the posts but have no knowledge on stoves and books hehe.. so cant comment.

Xy.. maebe the trainig pants can save some lah.. haha.. but than i really dunno whether i can tahan the washing.. i am not as hardworking as u leh. i remembered c wore nappies at hm right?

Re: tots cry when beaten?

jia lat.. i think G thinks that we are a bunch of jokers when we try to be fierce with her. She laugh at us lor! Plus when i 'beat'her on her hand or butt and ask her if pain pain.. she says pain and still stuck her butt out and want more lor. I think she will stand still and let me beat her even if i hold cane.. My mil says my sil also like that.. when she was small will stand and let my mil hit her.. got backbone one.. whereas my hubby will run away.. haha.. i also run away one..

How?? G's latest trick is pinching pp!!!
sad.gif
She just pinched me after deleting my long post and than act cute..arrggghh..

Re: MC
pauline my hubby like urs.. will go to work too..they very onz abt work

U take care of urself k!!Hope u recover soon.

Apple.. i also got give the scotts emulsion orange flavour but she got diarrhoe not sure related or not than i stopped for a while. will start giving again..Taste good!

Blueginger.. smooth delivery!! Time flies..

bkk.. induction very sexy??

pauline
cheryl is using oral B stages tooth and gum cleanser. very nice smell and should taste abit sweet too i guess? i stopped 1st teeth for her cuz it caused some stainings on her tooth? that's why i switched to oral B.

bkk
lol. maybe i should start chatting in various MTB threads too, to increase database :D

tute
i'm not v pantang but think my hubby can probably handle most of the reno cos he's q expert at it now.

crystal
oic. actually what is the reason behind pple being pantang ah?

induction looks nice mah, that's why sexy.
if i'm not wrong u just need to have a pot with a metal base in order for it to work. but apparently some corningware will also work on it.

My kitchen stove, oven n hood all ariston. Washing machine also. I had some lobang back then. I dun cook much since Ruth is born. At most once a week. My gas tank of Abt 25 bucks has lasted for more than 1.5 yrs. I'm glad I opted for tank though during Reno, we still pulled in the city gas but actually deactivated it. I was aso tempted by the glass surface of induction n well like bkk said, chio mah! But decided nt to b vain. Plus cookware is not just metal base it seems. Must b dunno wat kind of metal in order to conduct the heat efficiently or else waste electricity. That's wat the ariston man told us. Mayb now more advances Liao. But if u dun cook much, cost of electricity won't affect u so much I think n u can eliminate one pipe running into the house.

Delivery. Exciting meh? I still scared of it man. As in, it's the biggest turnoff of pregnncy other than ms! I dunno how I managed to give birth to the first actually!

Crystal, which flavour of oral B stages or gum cleanser does cheryl use? Have you 'tasted' before? Is it minty? I tried the Pigeon one, really smells very nice and strawberry flavour, mintier and hotter than first teeth. :p

Iso, I think people pantang about renovation eg. painting, nailing cos apparently, baby won't be mei mei eg. cleft lip, birthmarks, pock mark etc. :p

morning mummies!
daryl woke up at 6.30am (SOB) and went back to sleep so finally able to come online in the early morning. hope you all have a great night of rest last night!

pauline
the flavour of the oral B stages tooth and gum cleanser is mixed fruit flavour. i got it from overseas spree. have not seen in guardian or kiddy palace lei. this is the link. http://www.americarx.com/Products/1417.html

i never really tasted it. just dab some onto my finger and tried. it's smell vv nice and i did not taste anything? maybe too little to tell? haha. but i dont tink it's minty lei. and hor i dont find 1st teeth minty too.

iso
old people say will cause birth defects if any renovations or moving of things during preg, especially the bed!

genice
actually cheryl started pinching people quite a long time ago and subsided a little now. i have not intro the cane lei. have you? but i believe the saying 'spare the rod, spoil the child' so maybe i will intro at a later stage ba.

lezy
because of the damn painful contractions!so no choice die die have to give birth to your R. haha.

Thank you, crystal, bkkgal & genice.

Bkkgal,
No. 1 is induced, experienced super-painful contraction. In the end, dun succeed so went for an emergency c-sect after 24hrs. End up with Channet weighs 3.7kg.

Lezy,
After No. 1, I also have phobia during delivery. My life till now only have 2 op - one for No. 1 and the other for No. 2. But the feeling is a mixture. Seeing new life is very fulfilling.

kitchen stove:
City gas is increasing their price seem their demand are higher. Induction I heard is more efficient as the cooking contacting surface are more.

scotts emulsion:
huh original not nice meh? I better try giving Channet the orange flavor instead.
MIL and her friends keep giving Channet potatoes chip and french fries. I kept stopping them.

tongtong,
did you receive my sms.

Morning mummies

Crstal, I like your reply.. have to give birth "because of the damn painful contractions!so no choice die die have to give birth "

I am starting to freak out. so tempted to go epi this time.

Yesterday my boy tried to perfrom some rolling tricks on the sofa. Me and my mom tried to stop him but he was so rebellious and continued. Then my mum spanked his legs and I gave him a very friece scolding and stare. And he went smiled and went heheheheh

*Faint*

Nowadays I find that I can't stop his will. What he wants to do, we can't seem to stop him, only physically. and even then he will wriggle and wriggle and run off. Dunno how man.

sweetpea
actually i also said i wanted epi for my 2nd one. but when the nurse told me im 6cm dilated and asked if i wanted epi, i told her i still can endure, maybe 7cm then i adminster the epi. BUT again at 7cm, she asked me if i wanted epi and this was the last time she could ask me and i said i still can endure. by the time i wanted epi, i think i was 8cm alrdy? i think the hell contractions peaked at 8cm! so in the end 2nd one no epi, no pendithin, just laughing gas.

but my 2nd birth experience not very good. cuz the nurse stopped my gas when i was fully dilated and the baby head was not even anywhere seen. so i was quite conscious and just keep pushing and pushing but baby still not out yet. the pain was damn!!!!!! before my gynae came, the nurse even stuck her hand in and try to adjust the baby's heaD? dunno what she was doing but it caused me alot of discomfort and pain. i felt ever relieved when i saw my gynae!!!

but somehow i feel giving birth to boy and girl is very different. maybe because boy's bones are bigger? i really had a HARD time pushing out. very very different from my no #1. i only pushed about 5times and my #1 was out.

Pauline, I guess you are very heaty cuz your phlegm is greenish yellow. Rest more!

Blueginger, channet is big! But your tummy din look big when we first met hor! Oops, I din receive your sms leh. Did you sms to my new number?

Crystal, wow, brave mummy!

crystal
but laughing gas, how does it feel? when they gave it to me before administering epi, i felt like i was drunk like that. only lie there cannot do anything. wondering how to push if i'm "drunk"?

home reno - what if pple move things for you and u just go there and "enjoy"?? haha. but new place sure got housework to do :S

sweetpea
try and be firm? they will always try to get away, but once E knows i mean business he will stop and listen and be a bit remorseful (cos he'll look down).

kitsune
i also heard got one is cannot use scissors on the bed. ?!?!

lezy
u din have epi? i felt the birth was so "easy"! but also i was in the mindset that the birth is just a few hours, the tough part will be looking after them, which will be for like 10-18 years! heh.

morning !!

very nice day to stay at home...

talk about giving birth,
actually i don't feel traumatise at all... maybe because i'm a scaredy cat and ask for epidural even when i'm only like 3cm dilated? laughing gas don't work on me... i felt like vomiting after inhaling it... luckily i asked for epi though coz otherwise my labour would have been really long... i was in fo 5 hours and dilation only increase by 0.5cm so my gynae put me on drip hence and she actually asked me if i'm going for epi because the drip will cause the contraction to be stronger... she said "no pain no gain"... :p

pantang..
i moved in May-07..shortly after reno complete. even after reno complete, we still have shopping for some small fixtures here and there. HB will fix them..i just stand by side lor. mum say must stand further away...and then support her 'theory' with a whole lot of stories lah...

- got one friend's baby born with a hole in the ear, cuz they nail a hole in the wall to hang a picture....then when they saw after baby born, they faster take out picture and and fill in the hole in the wall. then baby ear lobe patch up by itself too. coincidence? or pantang?

- then one lady, pregnant, her clay stove spoil (last time malaysia use those clay stove mah). She use mud and dunno what to patch a hole in the clay stove. Baby come out no anus. Coincidence? or Pantang?

When i was expecting RUth, dunno stand beside hubby do how many things liao. Scissors also use n etc. Coincidence that nothing 'bad' happened?

Epi
Iso, ya,i actually didn't want epi cuz i think my mum can tahan why i can't leh. so i garang until about 6 hours after waterbag break, still only 4cm. then i ask for pethidine cuz getting worse (but still 4cm!) then after pethidine the contractions were damn bad. I ask for epi. But i can't keep still! Then they check - almost 10cm liao! Then hold in (like gek sai) lidat cuz midwife say they need to get ready, call gynae and also wait for full dilation or else tear will be bad (no time for episiotomy). SO i just wait lor...little while later, they say CAN! i just let go and ruth 'slide out' literally. No pushing at all.

The laughing gas helped a lot....cuz i was breathing so hard and fast into the laughing gas tube that i think i breathed a lot during the delivery duration. Almost like semi conscious lidat so i just close eyes until placenta come out.

Until now, it's still quite woozy to me. and i dunno how to do it again....from 3cm to delivery, about 24 hours.

Tute: I was induced and 1cm I already asked for epidural liao ahhaha I am damm scared of them putting their hand in to insert the pill and to check my cervix!!

iso
taking the laughing gas just like taking drugs i think? you are in hallucination and felt really light and 'high'. no strength to move your limbs if you really inhaled alot. haha! the laughing gas can relive up to 60% of the pain. i think it really helps alot! that's why i was so high that they took off my laughing gas. for my #1, i also purely survived on laughing gas. they switched to oxygen without telling me because i told them i refused to push if you all take away. but for #2, they took it away once i was fully dilated. zzz

yup i just 'enjoyed'. but i did the cleaning up and unpacking and all. just only avoided the scene of moving of furnitures from downstairs to upstairs and upstairs to downstairs. haha!

xiaoyun

Take your time reading. No need rush to return "zai ai ni xiang yu".

Hehe.. pass you song of kitchen on Sunday.

tute,
they also gimme that drip leh..cannot remember the name.

Contractions def stronger...but dilation still 3-4cm!

then they stopped it after 2-3 hours cuz they say maybe not doing me good. ask me to relax.

i think my prob is can't relax...nervous so can't dilate.

wanna dilate fast - take the pethidine! cuz after the pethidine (about 5pm), within 2 hours my dilation from 3-4 cm to full. whoosh! Gave birth 7.22pm.

i think cuz pethidine relaxes your torso and lower body so dilation can take place easier too. i felt like weak in the legs after the jab was administered.

apple,
1cm u already know? i thought 1cm can't really feel anything yet. cuz by the time i'm spotting and called doc, he said 3cm but i dun feel anything. so he say i can go home and come when contractions stronger...

erm..so i cheapo, go home. heh.

lezy
your delivery sounds easy lei! one slide and ruth is out. haha! for my #1 and #2, both deliveries took 3hrs in total. but i did took penthidine for #1. it caused me more pain and broke my water bag almost the next instant? or maybe the timing to adminster not right lor. so for #2, i nvr wanted penthidine again.

for #1, water bag started to leak at home then admit hosp and put on drip to fasten contractions. the next hr or so, adminstered penthidin and the bag broke and i went into full dilation. then popped like half an hr later.

for #2, contractions started the day before. i tahan through the night till nxt day morning then admit. when admitted, dilation alrdy 5cm. so put on drip to fasten contractions and gynae broke the water bag. reached full dilation in the next half an hour and popped in the nxt half hour.

pauline
Qooie's BP is back again! hahaha

crystal,
Channet using Pigeon wide neck teat. I can try it on Avent tonight if you want. U just wanna try whether the teat can fits Avent bottle right?
Let me know.

Tongtong,
Yr no. 902xxxxxx right?
Once channet is out, I lost 9kg in total. meanings I only gained 4kg through my pregnancy last time, which I shed it off after one month confinement.

Lezy: I was overdue and cervix not dilated at all. I check into hospital at 11pm to induce. They insert a pill to induce leh but next day late morning 1cm only and they insert another one and still 1cm only all the way till ard 9 to 10pm then start to dilate. (nearly has to C sec) At 1cm I feel immense aching on my lower back (maybe i low pain tolerance though i always tot i have high tolerance ahah).

Now I wonder why i am not given drip....

blueginger
yup i want to know if the pigeon wide neck teats can fit on avent bottles. will it leak? cuz i want to change my boy's bottles to avent again!

Crystal, I used pigeon wide neck teats for all my avent bottles (RaeAnne doesn't like avent teats, too hard) so don't worry, no problem. Only thing is you cannot shake the bottle up and down if using pigeon teats cos the teat is slightly shorter so not 'sealed' by the Avent bottle cap. Don't know if you know what I mean.

Thanks, how much is the toothpaste? Exp? I scared to buy another one and end up in cold storage. :p

Thanks for the tip off, will zoom off to see her BP now.
happy.gif

Iso, yup, I heard that too. But this pregnancy, I forgot and was cutting something on the bed. End up say sorry sorry and ask baby not to pantang lor. :p

LOL i c i c....overdue ah. very rare for first one right? ppl always say first one will be faster? or is it gynae agar the EDD too early? heh.

looks like all our birth experience differ ah.

MIne is valentine's day 3cm dilate at 5pm, then at night about 11pm i go and admit. next morning about 11am water bag broke and go delivery ward and put on drip.

then until 7pm then ruth came out. real suffering was only from about 2-7pm period when contractions get stronger.

apple,
drip not fun lah. painful when they insert needle. i honestly dunno if pain tolerance is high or low. but i know i got no guts. my friend can even tell me she no epi, but can describe to me the needdle for stitching n etc. i go weak in my knees thinking about that...

Crystal, just went to see but nothing much for me in this BP leh. Never mind, I bought a lot during her last BP liao, maybe that's why. :p

Back