(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

twinkystar,
Free N easy...basically we just go wherever we want
happy.gif
. Can't really remember but we spent a day in Kyoto, went to the zoo and mostly shopping in premium outlet and other places. We have been to Japan 4 times on our own...managed to survive based on my miserable japanese that I learnt in poly...hahaha. It's actually not difficult, my bro and sil went for honeymoon last year and they managed to survive as well
happy.gif
You can speak to them in english and they will understand, just that they will reply you in jap lor.

Twinkystar,
Agreed with Yvonne, Japan is actually quite ok even if you don't speak the Jap. Japs are normally friendly and they will try their best to help you (through body lang). My boss who is an Indonesian just came back from Japan and he went to those rural areas, also can survive.

chaye
i tot i saw part II from my soju?

aqua
most of the links for 巾幗梟雄 in mysoju cannot load one, so i gave up also.

kam
i'll PM you ah!

paiseh 宮心計 got no part II
but i ever recall seeing that.....hmmmm...weird
forgot where. oh well, i may be wrong then!

yalor I tried the link cannot work one. so 巾幗梟雄 really nice har. Ok will watch it after I finshed my current one.

wah Kam you got lobang har.. how much ?

hello ladies,

pixie not working today ah? still energetic? now i shrugs at thinking of managing 2 kids....think also so scary but the clock is ticking and i only have 29 more days to go!!

TGIF, mummies!!
The national day long weekend has made this week short ;) So soon is Fri again.

Congrats Hammies!! Happy for you ;p

Krystle & Yvonne,
So envy... wow, upcoming holiday trips & "get-away" coupletime with hubby!!!

I did proposed to hubby that we shld do a monthly dating w/o kids. But his reply was "Then who can help us to take care of our kids?" Faint!! And he suggested to watch DVD movie with me instead after the kids are sleeping.

Not to say couple holiday only... Think he also "bu fang xin" to put both kids at my mum's hse. He suggested to take lve & hv lunch wif me when J is in sch. Feel that i'm so kelian. Everything is kids... My position became last ;(

Re: Bilingual
Any kids are well versed in both english & mandarin? I tried very hard to introduce chinese story books to J. Can see his interest is not there unlike english ones. Chinese flashcards also can't help much. Tried to speak mandarin to him but his reply is in english. Any good method to make chinese interesting??

Re: Activity
Recently, i introduce Maze activity to him & glad that he has finally know how to deal with this challenge. Is good to train their hand eye co-ordination & brain too ;)
SAHM ~ Can share other activities that you do at home with kids?

Luvv,
Take things easy ;) You can do it, dun worri!! So soon want to pop liao ;)

Who is next?? Already lost track who is preggy now, haha ;p

JanBB,

No lah, I am not going with hubby this time. He kept saying I very "狠心" to abandon him and the kids. Make me sooooo guilty (only for a short while then later forget). But I have my MIL and mum to thank to for I am really 放心 that my kids are in their good hands.

Your hubby is family man that why he is concerned about the kids lah. Try to persuade him about the couple time again coz I need it is impt and helps to balance out the time and stress we faced with our kids (if not, can go mad???). I think just a dinner date should be okay right? I think nothing to be 不放心 as only a few hours of being away.

Re:Bilingual
My girl is still not. Her English is quite broken... :p We are used to speak Chinese to her and she had not been to school that is why. But in my view, English is rather easy to pick up after they go to school so I am not that concerned. I prefer Chinese as her main lang now since that is her mother tongue.

I don't know if I am wrong but I think kids who speak English more tend to have a harder time to learn Chinese while kids who speak Chinese can pick up English easier???

MAybe you can start off by slowing speaking more Chinese at home?? When he reply in English, request him to reply again in Chinese???

One thing is that most interesting / popular characters are in English (Sesame Street, Mickey etc)... Only one I can think of is Doraemon? Let him watch the cartoon? How about singing those Chinese children songs (includes with funny action)??? My girl now loves 我是一个大苹果 song when I sing with her and exagerrate the actions.

Janbb,
thanks!

re coupletime
same la, hubby is more concern and guilty about leaving C behind but will try to accommodate me for now at occasionally. Guess when #2 arrives, it's a different story again...his rational is, he is already spending so little time with her, so going out as a family is like 一举两得. And spending time together need not be physically without the kids...i think it's harder for SAHM since it's not like we can take leave to go out on our own and still return home earlier to spend time with our kids.

Re: activity
my girl is doing a lot of play pretend at home...my maid loves to play pretend with her and sometimes really amuses me with the imagination.

Last evening Tate sang this :-

"Red red red, touch your head
blue blue blue tie your shoes
white white white take a bite
black black black touch your back
purple purple purple draw a circle
pink pink pink make a blink
grey grey grey grey shout horray !

These are all colors" !

So cute hor this is what he learn from PG. hahaha

Still hv other songs la which I cannot really make out what is he singing :p

Others will be Chinese recitals like 弟子规 and chinese songs

luvv
working today. i cannot wfh too much because i dun dare to "abuse" this ms thingy too much with boss. but today dun have to go back to JE to fetch x and then back to SK again...coz hb exempted me from friday-evening-rush liao
whats with the 29days rush? u delivering in a mths time?? so fast ah???????

i not energetic lah. today ms not so bad, so im quite happy....
on bad days i just dont even brush my teeth, wash my face, or take off my clothes; and i just lie on the bed and stone
on weekends, i sometimes dun bathe. really no mood for anything

janbb
nowadays x likes dots to dots leh...
and we started on tracing, cutting, colouring, pasting etc...all for hand coordination.
then also start to write a bit of the alphabets liao
also, i think of impromptu craftwork like making a flag out from newspapers, making paper animals etc
kiasu liao!!

abt bilingual
x understands both mandarin and english well but he speaks not much mandarin. on some days i speak cantonese with him and he seems to understand my instructions...
btw, if you go to those neighbourhood VCD shops, you can find mandarin versions of mickey etc. i got some Dora the explorer VCDs in mandarin from these shops

Luvv,
Wah so fast! Ya, don't worry, you will be doing just fine :) See, my girl is turning 1 year old already in 1 week time. Don't worry too much, just relax and enjoy!

JanBB/krsytle,
HR is pretty good at both Mandarin and English. But we have the same thinking as krystle, we would rather he learns more Mandarin during these early years and more importantly, grows to love Chinese. English can always wait, and we would rather he learns English the proper way than learning broken English.

krystle,
I agree. There is so little tv program for kids in Mandarin in Singapore. It's really ashamed! In malaysia, there is one dedicated channel to broadcast kids program in Mandarin, including local production, or from Taiwan and China. My nephew learns so much chinese from this channel, and his English is equally good (he is in K2 now).

JanBB/Luvv,
Aiyoh, your hub loves the kids so much meh. I won't mind leaving my kids to anyone I trust for a few hours to even a few days for some coupletime! But I have no one to help. Tell your hub must make use of these kind of help from mum/MIL, not everyone is so lucky to have.

krystle,

Ya agree. Couple time is very impt ;) Actually, after he asked me where shld the kids go if we go out w/o them. I also paused & worried to put at my mum's hse. Cos understand not easy for her to handle 2 kids. But if hubby dun mind, guess i will close one eye & lve it at my mum hse, haha.

Re: Bilingual
I also hv the same thot. Will it be more diff to pick up chinese nx time. But if u think another way. English is mostly used in sch. If speak mandarin mostly at home, will they be able to understand clearly what is taught in sch?? So muz really find a way to intro 2 languages at the same time.

Yes, i have some chinese children MTV songs. He loves to watch too but not much help.

JanBB,
We speak almost 100% of Mandarin at home. HR has no problem at all listening and speaking English with his friends and teachers at the cc. Same as my nephew, they speak 100% of Mandarin at home, and his English always score 100% and he speaks with a very nice slang :)

Kam,
Think is becos HR is in CC the whole day & english is actually his main language used there. And back at home, u speak mandarin to him. So he has no problem with both languages ;)

Hmm, if i m going to lve him in CC next yr. Is a good idea & I will follow you to speak mandarin to him too. So that he will be expose to both languages ;)

pixie,
Me too... give him dots to dots and started tracing & writing recently ;) another KS mummy here too.

Chaye, no la, my boy never constipates, he poos everyday. Today pooed twice liao. He is vegetarian ma n not on FM.

Janbb, read those Chinese reader books to him, page by page with illustration- story line, shd be interesting. You going back to work next year?

Pixie, you are Cantonese?

tongtong
nope, im pure hakka but my best spoken dialect is cantonese....coz parents speaks cantonese at home with each other but speaks to us in mandarin *faint*

and im lousy in hokkien or teochew

hi mommies, i'm back home from my let's sweets buffet at bugis junction.

verdict:
Variety - limited (very)
Quality - surprisingly their main courses like the pasta (spag) and jap curry rice is nicer than their deserts. for the deserts, the caramel pudding was the only item which i liked. dancing mochi was not too bad too & i shared a bit of what hubby took. the rest of the deserts that i took like the choc cake, jelly and mango pudding were quite terrible (not even acceptable). and to think they market themselves as a desserts buffet restaurant.
Price: very reasonable for a buffet place @ less then $35 for 2 pax after all the charges. The 1 hr was just nice.

free flow of soft drinks and coffee. love the grape fanta!

the chefs are jap while service staff are local ladies.

service staff were prompt in clearing our used plates and very friendly.

all in all, we enjoyed our first visit there, just for the novelty of trying out a new place but doubt we will return as the quality of food isn't there.

luvv, may i know when's your edd? mine is 19 sept. i'm delivering at ESH (Dr Heng), what abt u?

JanBB,
Think so. He uses mainly English in cc, more so now that his form teacher is a philipino.

Those activities you mentioned, he does loads at school (worksheets) so I don't bother to start him with that at home. He recently is into drawing a shape, then colour it, then cut it out and paste it, all by himself and he can spend up to 1 hour to do all this!

kitsune,
I think it's unavoidable that they would mix the 2 languages, because we speak to them like this. HR does that too.

<font color="ff0000">1st September gathering</font>
How about come to my house so the kids can do painting? Something like this (learned from this shop in KL). Okay lah, won't be this messy, but we can let the kids create a cartoon of they own choice and I think they will be thrilled!

4361883.jpg

JanBB,
Since J also goes to school everyday so you can fang xin and just use chinese to communicate with him at home lah. The concept here is like what you commented on HR. At school - English is main lang, At home - chinese is main lang.

Kam,
Totally agree!!! In SGP, no Mandarin channels for kids... That is why SGP kids nowadays are speaking and emphasizing lesser on Chinese... I don't like it. I personally love Chinese because it is a beautiful lang to me and connects me to my roots. I even hope next time my kids can study higher chinese in school.

Mandarin programmes for kids are only available in the weekend mornings loh. Sianz.

Luvv,
So far counting down to 1 mth (should be lesser??). Don't freak out lah, take things naturally. Before you know it, they become 1 yr old toddler.
happy.gif

Looking forward to meeting NYP classmates tmr!!! Friends who I have not seen for years! especially for 1 who had married to Austria and she is coming back to SGP for visit.

pixie,

is curry rite? but u all cook nicer curries leh ...

chicken rice or laksa i duno how to cook ... put chicken into rice n cook together can? hahaha *siamz*

mylvera
def not me, i think i cooked curry ONCE only and it was avg only

i wanna fry rempah this weekend! maybe make a rempah chicken stew

Pixie,
Depends on the crowd I am meeting with. I have a few batches of friends.
If with my girlfriends (ex-coll), I don't bring kids along coz most of them don't have kids yet (younger than me).

But for this time, NYP friends are mostly married and a few of them also gave birth last yr. So bring the kids along to mingle loh.

mylvera,
I remember is chilli crab!

krystle,
So much so your gov wants to promote chinese in her people, I think they have achieves very poorly.

Oh yes, I love Chinese. It's really a beautiful language!

RE: List of mummies currently pregnant
1. Luvv (EDD Sep 10)
2. Prata_queen (EDD Sep 10)
3. Grumpus (EDD Jan 10?)
4. Pixie (EDD March 10)
5. can't recall her nick (EDD March 10)
6. Hammies (EDD March 10)

Do I miss out anyome?

got got kam
u missed out someone but i cannot announce yet lah

and ahcapp

and our EDDs are march 11, no more 2010 liao
(getting older n older)

kam
typo, should be 2011

congrats to all preggy mummies...

i am still trying hard to survive with the 2 babies...

Pixie,
Ops, and thanks! And another one???!!!

RE: List of preggy mummies
1. Luvv (EDD Sep 10)
3. Grumpus (EDD Jan 10?)
4. Pixie (EDD March 11)
5. AhCapp(EDD March 11)
6. Hammies (EDD March 11)

yes kam

RE: List of preggy mummies
1. Luvv (EDD Sep 10)
3. Grumpus (EDD Jan 11?)
4. Pixie (EDD March 11)
5. AhCapp(EDD March 11)
6. Hammies (EDD March 11)
7. pixie's mystery mummy (EDD April 11)

Kam, haha, just now RaeAnne kept shouting 下雨了,下雨了。 But my maid catch no ball. She kept wondering why RaeAnne went to the service balcony and start taking all the clothes down from the laundry rack. haha.

Pixie / Kam / PrataQueen / Krystle,
i have confirm my elective c sect date on 13th Sept...

Kam,
i have no help from either MIL or Mum but for now, with only 1, i leave her with my maid sometimes and if for longer day, i'll ask my sis to pop by to spot check. So next time, with 2, i don't think we can do that anymore, unless i can get my sis to babysit for us as well. Currently, she's busy partoring with her new beau...kekeke

Pauline,
RaeAnne know how to keep clothes! so clever!

Re: biligual
My girl speaks mainly english and sometimes will pop some mandarin words out and sometimes, she will tell us something she wants in mandarin if it's a shorter version then english!

Pixie,
Brought both along this time. Actually we feel that we are neglecting #2 abit coz we always think it is more troublesome to bring him along (bigger bag coz more stuff). But nowadays he started to take solid food liao so we don't mind bringing him out lah.

Luvv, haha, but she doesn't know no need to keep the clothes cos they are hanging indoors not outside. She tries to fold clothes too.

Javin speaks mainly chinese, maybe because all of us speaks chinese to him too. Whenever i speck english he can understand me but replied me in chinese. At times when he is happy he is speak english.... So not to worry they can pick up languages very fast one.

krystle,
Though J started sch but is only 2hrs playgp. However, HR is in full day cc. That's the diff as after cc, kam speaks chinese at home which make him a smart bilingual child ;)

Somemore quite diff for me to switch language now as he is so used to english. Guess i need to intro more interesting chinese activity to him at home as his playgp has only half an hr chinese lesson daily ;)

Kam,
Re: Gathering on 1st sept
Onz!! I like your idea cos J loves painting too ;) And I even like your venue cos is in the west, kekeke ;p

Pixie,
wow very diff to guess your mystery mum leh. Any hint or not?? (Eg. Her #1 is gal or boy?? B'day when??)

TongTong,
Recently there's some gd news in my job, so maybe i will need to go back to work for a period nx yr. Still thinking of a perfect plan. Want to con't SAHM life too but need to discuss with my boss again. Will update when finalised in few mths time.

Hey gals, can I join u guys on 1 sep? I know I haven't appeared for the longest time.

Btw, ur kids can do join dots and mazes already? Mine I've just been giving colouring book and he just doodling all over.

Haha...I've also started speaking mandrin to my kids coz no one else wanna speak to them even grandparents who are chinese speaking speak english to them!

Icy,
Met xavier and your hub at mygym just now :)

Tongtong,
Both me and hub don't like it. Esp the teacher :-( think the class was not well run also. Hao Re was not interested to join the class at all, he only wanted to jump at the trampoline and jump into the ball pit. Thanks for the referral all the same, glad it's free! Hub is happy cos can detour to 717 to buy lulian :)

Kam, good to have gathering at your house too! As for mygym, all new joiners that i have seen did not join the activities conducted , they just wanted to explore or go to the trampoline because it was their first time there ma. I think you dont like the teacher because they are very exaggerated? you went marine branch?. The one i went at tampines, which I thought ok leh, maybe S follows the class well n likes the teacher. anyway ya, most important is free! keke.

Pixie, yea i will bring S when i meet up with friends.

Hi,

Apologies for posting in your thread.. but am..

1. Urgently in search of many tins of Enfapro A+..

If you've any to sell, pls pm me.. Budget's ard $10+- for the 400g tins..

2. Haenim Play Yard 6 panels (usu'd have 2 activity panels, 1 door, 3 plains with connectors) and ok with 4 panels too..

Budget's ard $100+- for the 6 panels

3. Steriliser
Looking for Pigeon Rapid Steam Steriliser

Budget's ard $20 to $30.. hopefully no rust..

4. Safety Gate needed to fit doorway of at least 118 cm..

Budget's $30++

5. Twin Stroller, just need one tt works, so on v tight budget constraint..

Pls pm me if you've any of the above tt ya letting go..

Thanks v much in advance! =)

hi mummies, gd evening.

we went for the mygym trial today. we were at the tampines branch. Tricia enjoyed it quite a bit. Papa accompanied her as my tum tum is too big.

tongtong, many thanks for the referral. much appreciated
happy.gif

Back