(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Chaye,

i used Corelle pots to boil/cook soups, not plates. They trap heat very well so soup remain piping hot even after an hour
happy.gif
On whether they are chip free...err i dunno leh cos the pot quite heavy wor...dun dare to try drop them!:p

eNemum,
Aiyo...i bot more ex by $1.00!:p

chaye
my mom uses corelle/corning ware since young and there are sometimes the plate fall down from table hor, wont break one. see heng suay coz sometimes it will break.

when me and my sisters got married, she bought us 1 extensive set each for auspicious meaning. i still keep in storeroom coz i dont like plates that break. i use plastic ones heehee...

as kitsune said, they trap heat very well. take out from fridge, immediately put on stove oso can...

its good to use lar. me and my family use for 10-15yrs liao leh

btw im home with my boy liao!!

got a bad nose so i went back to jurong and take cab to home...now still need to work, run after my boy, make his porridge, and nurse a running nose

sick FTWMs not ez neh

chaye,
ya my mum and mil use corelle/corning ware for many years already and still good. rarely any breakages, and they really dun chip.

so far after so many years i don't think my maids have managed to break any
it's a good investment lah

aqua
stopped taking my woman's 1 daily and runny nose came knocking on my door

ok cant chat liao must prepare porridge for my boy liao tata

Pixie
Your mum must be an ardent fan of corelle ! kekeke btw, it's Steph who mentioned it trap heat very well leh :p

the advertisement goes like tat : from the freezer, to the fire, on the table... wonder have you guys seen this very old advert or not... hahaha my era la...

Oh take care and make sure u wash your hands with soup before you cook his porridge hor

pixie,
i got flu too. its so cold in my office, worst is i forgot to bring my jacket, had to drink warm water to keep myself warm. am 'losing blood' too.. sigh!
do u have bad nose often? how do u treat it? i dun like taking flu medicine!

i wun be joining for tmr's lunch too, need to bring my boy back home before meeting my hb who took half day, going par tor. yeah!

Chaye,
yr eyes very sharp neh!

pixie & luca,
take care & see u tmrl
happy.gif

hopefully tmrl no rain otherwise do remb to bring a jacket/cardigan for your tods cos air-con room cold wor! mummy too!

chaye,
my mum mainly use the plates, she has some of the pots too but she prefer stainless steel pot.
my mil use both the plates and the pots, cos she like to cook and directly use to serve.
i use the pots too cos i lazy to wash so many things :p

steph,
thanks, will try to sleep early. but these days i keep waking up ard 6+ when my boys are still sleeping leh, usually they wake me up. :p i really miss those days when i can sleep full 8 hrs without waking up to pee, think my bladder abit "loose" liao after having 2 kids .. haiz!

Pixie, haha, you miss me ah? I went to Taka sale after all, bought the SkII Xmas set (cos got further 15% discount) and some extra cheeky bon bon pillow case and bolster case covers and fitted sheet cover for my gal cos after less 20%, still got less 15% for card members.
happy.gif

Chaye, I'm a BIG fan of corelle plates, I have the Green lotus series. Bought more and more over the years, now I got enough to serve 8 pax.
happy.gif
So far, not broken, but my CL managed to scratch the plates with her magnetic metal health braclet so must be careful when washing.

I have only a few corningware cos find them too heavy. Prefer to use cheap pots to cook soup unless cooking for long time (eg. barley water or chicken stock), then I'll use my WMF pot or slow cooker.
happy.gif

Got Taka sale? Wah, I am so deprived from shopping since preggie leh. My confinement will be over this weekend, I am thinking of going out next week to do some shopping myself.

Must get new lingerie and clothes... But I still have not slim back yet. Haiz...

Hi Pauline
wow BIG fans ya.. since so many positive feedbacks I think I will invest on these plates hehhehe... must donate away my existing plates which r very heavy

chaye
yah, like what kitsune said, wait till got 20% off kind at dept stores lor...

kitsune
wah...you bot the skII, you using skII all the time? its too oily for me, whenever i put on the mask (sheet), my oil glands go in OD and i can fry fish with my oil output liao...

luca
i dont get flu/colds. i have an allergic reaction to dust, perfume, paints etc. is that called allergic rhinitis? no cure one lah, must everyday take those antihistamines shoot up the nose kind like an inhaler. i cant be bothered. i get this nose prob maybe once or twice a month.
office too dusty. particularly 1 area. this is the 2nd time i walked past and my nose starts to run mucus liao
usually when it happens, apart from the runny nose, my lungs feels bloated and i cant breath, as though i cannot expand my lungs fully. then i will hyperventilate
sianzzz

hi pixie,

I have a sensitive nose too. super allergic to dust, haze..smoke etc but not perfume or pollen. Everytime, I change bedsheet I will sneeze and have watery eyes...every 7th mth...burning joss papers and the ashes also have nose problems. I went to the eu yan sang clinic at rivervale mall. take their medicine powder. so far...it helps quite a bit...at least lesser nose problems. Western doc suggest i use nasal spray daily which I hate it so i go see TCM. chinese physician say pro-longed usage of nasal spray no good cause will thin the layer inside the nostrils. Think our problem cant really fully cure...but at least now under control.

Pixie, No lar, I use a mixture of Kao Biore (cleanser, scrub), Loreal (Toner), salon brand (UV moisturiser) and SKII for whitening serum, eye gel and occasional mask. My skin need a lot of moisturising cos got fine lines/wrinkles. Your skin younger bah so got more oil. I started using skii about 5-6 years ago and tried switching to other brands eg. La Roche porsay, seikkisei before but my skin end up even dryer and taut. Once in a while, when I use the treatment mask, even my hubby can see a difference to my skin. Really looks glowing and hydrated.
happy.gif

Anyway, got the Xmas set since it's really a good buy after member discount and it comes with lines repair serum and night cream which I need.
happy.gif

Kitsune,
I was tempted to try SKII facial treatment essence but some friends warned me can be very strong for skin... So I am holding back on trying SKII products. Now using Kose essence but too expensive liao. I will be trying Aqualabel essence after I finished this Kose bottle. Hope it will be good.

Tmr a lot of mummies are going for the trial. Wishing you fun and remember to take pics!
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mummies,</font>

Won't be joining you girls for Trial tmrw. Ian's face is still not well and he's scratching like nobody's business. Really "sim tia" to see all the redness and him scratching so badly. Sighz. He can't sleep well too because it's itchy.

pixie
You use Nasonex for your nose spray? My girl uses it cos she got sinus/ allergic rhinitis. She takes ketotifen. tried many med liao... If dun take, will sneeze and rub. Now I decide to try TCM. V poor thing one.

hello! long time no pop in here.!!

<font color="ff0000">discounts off sg flyer tickets</font>
25% off published rates. if u nid, PM me. cos i seldom come back here. (eyes all over). valid for 3 mths from date of issue (issue ard mid-oct-09). valid anytime.

verene, me same as u, always need to use nasal spray to keep my lousy nose under control. at least it is better than taking steriods.

btw, ur TCM got acpunture ur nose or u juz take medicine?

krystle, I don't find Skii facial essence too strong leh. In fact, that one I hardly see any effect. I remember when I was getting married, my make up artist told me that the miracle water 一点都不神奇,told me to use their masks instead. haha. But since included in the Xmas pack then I'll still use lar.
happy.gif

Down with cold since yesterday morning, took yellow pill, so sleepy now but need to stay awake to fetch my gal. :p

steph
thanks for the link to that CC.. hahaha...

i am reconsidering my plans to send him to CC after tat half day and he fell ill with fever and fake measles. so nw everything is on hold. maybe like Pauline says.. will see if got suitable 2 hours PG for him near my home...

hi to all 2nd time mummies,

do u see the stretch marks come back faster this time? does the old stretch marks suddenly making their appearance.

kellie, yup my old stretch marks came back around 5-6 months. Last time, after 7 months then stretch marks appeared. Applying Galenic cream regularly but not confident that new lines won't appear since I still got 8 weeks plus to go. :p

Kellie,
For me, stretch marks came later for my #2 pregnancy. For my #1, it appeared in my 7 mth but for #2, it appeared in my 8 mth. Haiz, I almost thought I could be spared from stretch marks for my #2 pregnancy. But luckily it appeared later and not that much/dark. But it appeared in different positions from the #1 so also sian. I had been diligently applying Clarins treatment oil since 4 mth and I think it helped. As for the old stretch marks, they are still there just very faint brown lines. Never darken.

Kitsune,
So the SKII essence is not fantastic after all? Coz with all the commercial, I thought it is very good.

Krystle, I'm a fan of their hydration treatment mask, signs signature cream, Signs Repair C serum, and their facial wash (though I do alternate with Kao biore cos find it too exp to use on daily basis). It's only the miracle water that I don't find miraculous. hee.

kitsune
if i took the yellow pill, i will have 1-2 days of the after effects - blur/loss of memory. i hate that so will only take that when i really cannot tahan. but then again, only yellow pills helped; the rest all cannot make it.
or clarinase lor. but clarinase makes me very high. my mind gets whirling like crazy one

aqua,

I only take the powder. no accuputure needed for my case. In fact, I went there for neck and shoulder aches problem. He mentioned it is my sinus problem that is one of the cause for the aches.

Pixie,
I am opposite with u. the yellow has only a mild effect on my case. I prefer drowsy medication so I can sleep better. I always buy panadol cold extra from guardian and take 2 when I got serious symptoms.

Pixie, me too, all the non drowsy formula don't work for me. Only the good, old yellow pill and that's the only pill I can take now cos preggie anyway. Just found out this afternoon that my maid is also sick, sneezing away like me. The house don't have panadol cold (non drowsy formula), need to go and buy liao. With both of us sick, scared it'll spread to RaeAnne. :p

hi all,

long time since my last post. Can you pls share how many hrs of sleep your kids have in a day.

My gal sleeps at 930pm &amp; wakes at 7am to get ready to go to cc. So that's 9.5 hrs.

In cc, they sleep from 1 to 3pm so that's 2 hrs.

Total nap time in a day is 11.5 hours which i feel is too little.

Hi prata_queen.
My girl's sleeptime also like your girl's. Is it insufficient? Sometimes very difficult to get her to sleep leh.

Back