(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

wendyg,
You're proving to us that even though you did not post anything for the longest time but you're still following the thread actively????
happy.gif

Kam,
I read Hao Re's poo poo story in your blog...damn funny! Your poor hubby had to pick up that piece of poo...with his bare hands or what?! Hahahaha...that was hilarious! Hao Re never poo for one day already become constipation hor.

i'm in and out.. when i need to buy stuff, i will be @ spree. So pop here and there to say hi. Can't play refresh game with u =)

if need to reach me, can PM or SMS. happy foruming =)

hey kitsune,

u gg for your bloom shoots (semi-nude/nude?) & RaeAnne also? Good leh...me that time didn't let Z tag along, not convenient:p
me planning LBS for R in Jan10 prior him turning 1YO
happy.gif
But i am disappointed
sad.gif
to know from 1st July09 there will be no additional 5R with any number of adults or sibling joining in LBS. So even if 2 adults + Z (for eg.) join in the shoot at $15 each, the print entitlement is still 1 x S8R and 4 x 5R. Then again, returned customer get 20% off package.

Steph, at least you get 20% off. Besides the $150 for bloom package, I'll need to pay additional $80 for make up cos my hair is a mess (growing out my fringe so that I tie everything up during confinement). Then I don't feel comfortable if I don't have the soft copies of the photos (esp if semi nude shots) but that's another $250 if I want all the soft copies back. Faint! :p

kitsune,

u mean bloom package is $150 (added RaeAnne?), not $180 ?
That time i did my own simple basic make up (no foundation, just blusher & lipstick+gloss) My hair was short that time so don't need any styling. Initially i wanted to buy back the soft copies but not all photos taken during the session i like/satisfied so i picked an extra 9 photos at $15/ea for 5R edited/touch-up copy loh. Come to think of that, hb said the CD at $250 is more worth cos it consist about 40-50 shots although it's w/o touch-up/edited. Oh btw, studioloft owned the copyrights of the photos yah so they can use our photos (at the studio's disposal) unless we informed them not to & if you do feel uncomfortable to expose your photos, do let Maryann know.

oh btw, their payment mode is either cash or cheque so do bring enuff $$ cos that time i forgot so gotta go mrt & withdraw $ 1st *duh* i wonder now they have any nets available?

Fern,

take Jetstar for KL flight...u can opt to upgrade ur seat to the first row for more leg space upon booking and even on board if there is still vacancy. U can bring hot water flask and water in the milk bottle on board. Or can ask the flight attendant to provide. The air stewardess ask me if I wanted that time..I din even need to ask for it. For Jetstar, we board from T1 and land on KLIA (not the KL budget terminal).

Be it budget terminal or KLIA, it is still consider far from KLCC, so not much difference anyway. Just get a cab to there cos with baby not so convenient to take the express train.

Mummies, got 2 qns to ask:

1) What cream u use for mozzie bites on yr todd and is effective?

2) Do u use sun block on yr todd for swimming? If yes, what brand? Can that be use on face too?

Gam Xia!
happy.gif

nez
hello! long time no see!
to answer your qn, 1) any california baby cream that is lying around my house; 2) got, sure need one. i use banana boat spf 50. can use on face

Hi nez
I'm using zambar for mozzie bites and banana boat for kids on my kids. I put on their face too, dun care

Hi, eNemum, my gynae was Dr Judy Wong. She has since moved to TMC. She's quite good as a doctor lar. Gentle and patient. But she doesn't remember who her patients are. ;P

kitsune,

The studio is located at Pagoda St so nearest MRT is Chinatown & exit A. If u are driving, try be there 15-20mins early cos difficult to find parking lot on wkend along temple st else gotta park very far, that's near maxwell hawker leh...no joke esp u r heavily pregnant & with tod in tow!

nez,
i used 無比膏 for mosquito bites & i didn't apply any sun block for my boy for swimming leh cos normally is late afternoon after 4pm & not under direct sunlight.

Steph, thanks for the tips. Cham! MaryAnn already told me must go early if I want to do make up, then got to go early to find parking. My slot is at 10am. At this rate, Poor RaeAnne got to wake up very very early. Is temple street parallel parking or normal carpark? :p

kitsune,

Temple st parallel parking, and it's quite challenging, space very narrow and busy traffic, so you will get horned if you take to long to park :) Parking fees is $1/30min, using coupon. There is 1 multi storey parking on the next street, couldn't remember the st name.

kitsune,
i am not very sure of traffic flow (parking space) in the morning cos my slot that time was 2pm. Is parallel parking & coupon parking lots is in operation in Temple Street and adjoining Streets (smith street).

my side thunder loud loud liao...

lucky i wore long sleeves n pants today. was kinda hot tis morning.

when is deepavali changed to now ah ? NOt 17 Oct meh ?

chaye
aiyoh why me create topic?
hmmmm
got nothing to tok abt leh

btw, today's newspapers got supermarkets adverts again....if any mummies uses kodomo laundry detergent and softener can go chiong down to NTUC buy coz now both on sale.
later i go check out the diapers and fm stuff and report strength here ok

Kam, Steph, thanks. Ya, my hubby takes very long to park parallel one. Duh... hope he doesn't get horned. :p

Raining so heavily now, supposed to meet my friend for lunch then go Taka sale. Now, not sure whether still meeting liao.. So hungry... :p

dun be sad lah aqua
coz whenever i am sad about this, i will remember what my hb said:
"we are working hard everyday just to make sure she is well taken care of. trade-offs are inevitable"
console yourself lah

btw, my boy scared of thunder so right now he sure very scared haha

kitsune
i see the taka flyers my eye *big*big* coz got a lot of beauty sets now leh!!

aqua
yah lor hor, last time got kam (now bz with #2), wendy (now bz with fb games), ahcapp (now no more active but active in spree)

pixie, do u intend to send him to cc? i was tinking of bring my ger home and send her to cc in day , at least she will be closer to me n home???

am i v selfish?

pixie, yes! mylvera gav birth, also less active. onli left few of us who onli have 1 child, still can afford more time in forum. kekee the rest of them all v busy with 2 kids.

Pixie, not bad lar, at least your hubby knows how to comfort you. Ya, I saw the skII sets like quite cheap but I've been buying sample sizes from bestbuy, so even cheaper.
happy.gif

A Feb mummy shared this, found it quite an interesting read. Copy and paste here for all to see. Next time if you are unhappy with your hubby, think of this.
happy.gif

THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES

Essentially, all human beings feel loved in different ways (each way is a "language"). There are 5 main languages, and every individual will have 1 or 2 dominant language. We also tend to express love to our partners in our dominant language.

Conflicts arise when there is a mis-match in the dominant love languages. Eg. wife feels loved through the language of "receiving gifts" but husband expresses his love through "acts of service".

Hence, by understanding your partner's dominant languages, and adapting accordingly - couples will feel more fulfilled in their relationships. So in the above eg. the wife will not feel less loved but will be able to appreciate her husband's love for her in his own way.

Words of Affirmation
Mark Twain once said “I can live for two months on a good compliment.” Verbal appreciation speaks powerfully to persons whose primary Love Language is “Words of Affirmation.” Simple statements, such as, “You look great in that suit,” or “You must be the best baker in the world! I love your oatmeal cookies,” are sometimes all a person needs to hear to feel loved.

Aside from verbal compliments, another way to communicate through “Words of Affirmation” is to offer encouragement. Here are some examples: reinforcing a difficult decision; calling attention to progress made on a current project; acknowledging a person’s unique perspective on an important topic. If a loved one listens for “Words of Affirmation,” offering encouragement will help him or her to overcome insecurities and develop greater confidence.

Quality Time
Quality time is more than mere proximity. It’s about focusing all your energy on your mate. A husband watching sports while talking to his wife is NOT quality time. Unless all of your attention is focused on your mate, even an intimate dinner for two can come and go without a minute of quality time being shared.

Quality conversation is very important in a healthy relationship. It involves sharing experiences, thoughts, feelings and desires in a friendly, uninterrupted context. A good mate will not only listen, but offer advice and respond to assure their mate they are truly listening. Many mates don’t expect you to solve their problems. They need a sympathetic listener.

An important aspect of quality conversation is self-revelation. In order for you to communicate with your mate, you must also be in tune with your inner emotions. It is only when you understand your emotions and inner feelings will you then be able to share quality conversation, and quality time with your mate.

Quality activities are a very important part of quality time. Many mates feel most loved when they spend physical time together, doing activities that they love to do. Spending time together will bring a couple closer, and, in the years to come, will fill up a memory bank that you can reminisce about in the future.
Whether it’s sitting on the couch and having a brief conversation or playing together in a tennis league, quality time is a love language that is shared by many. Setting aside focused time with your mate will ensure a happy marriage.

To The Top

Receiving Gifts
Some mates respond well to visual symbols of love. If you speak this love language, you are more likely to treasure any gift as an expression of love and devotion. People who speak this love language often feel that a lack of gifts represents a lack of love from their mate. Luckily, this love language is one of the easiest to learn.

If you want to become an effective gift giver, many mates will have to learn to change their attitude about money. If you are naturally a spender, you will have no trouble buying gifts for your mate. However, a person who is used to investing and saving their money may have a tough time adjusting to the concept of spending money as an expression of love. These people must understand that you are investing the money not in gifts, but in deepening your relationship with your mate.

The gift of self is an important symbol of love. Sometimes all your mate desires is for someone to be there for them, going through the same trials and experiencing the same things. Your body can become a very powerful physical symbol of love.

These gifts need not to come every day, or even every week. They don’t even need to cost a lot of money. Free, frequent, expensive, or rare, if your mate relates to the language of receiving gifts, any visible sign of your love will leave them feeling happy and secure in your relationship.

Acts of Service
Sometimes simple chores around the house can be an undeniable expression of love. Even simple things like laundry and taking out the trash require some form of planning, time, effort, and energy. Just as Jesus demonstrated when he washed the feet of his disciples, doing humble chores can be a very powerful expression of love and devotion to your mate.

Very often, both pairs in a couple will speak to the Acts of Service Language. However, it is very important to understand what acts of service your mate most appreciates. Even though couples are helping each other around the house, couples will still fight because the are unknowingly communicating with each other in two different dialects. For example, a wife may spend her day washing the cars and walking the dog, but if her husband feels that laundry and dishes are a superior necessity, he may feel unloved, despite the fact that his wife did many other chores throughout the day. It is important to learn your mate’s dialect and work hard to understand what acts of service will show your love.

It is important to do these acts of service out of love and not obligation. A mate who does chores and helps out around the house out of guilt or fear will inevitably not be speaking a language of love, but a language of resentment. It’s important to perform these acts out of the kindness of your heart.

Demonstrating the acts of service can mean stepping out of the stereotypes. Acts of service require both mates to humble themselves into doing some chores and services that aren’t usually expected from their gender. However, these little sacrifices will mean the world to your mate, and will ensure a happy relationship.

Physical Touch
Many mates feel the most loved when they receive physical contact from their partner. For a mate who speaks this love language loudly, physical touch can make or break the relationship.

Sexual intercourse makes many mates feel secure and loved in a marriage. However, it is only one dialect of physical touch. Many parts of the body are extremely sensitive to stimulation. It is important to discover how your partner not only physically responds but also psychologically responds to these touches.

It is important to learn how your mate speaks the physical touch language. Some touches are irritating and uncomfortable for your mate. Take the time to learn the touches your mate likes. They can be big acts, such as back massages or lovemaking, or little acts such as touches on the cheek or a hand on the shoulder. It’s important to learn how your mate responds to touch. That is how you will make the most of this love language.

All marriages will experience crisis. In these cases, physical touch is very important. In a crisis situation, a hug can communicate an immense amount of love for that person. A person whose primary love language is physical touch would much rather have you hold them and be silent than offer any advice.

It is important to remember that this love language is different for everyone. What type of touch makes you feel secure is not necessarily what will make your partner happy. It is important to learn each other’s dialects. That way you can make the most of your hugging, kissing, and other physical contacts.

my boy is also very scared of thunder de... my mum will always say he's so fierce but scared of loud sound ! sudden loud sound he also will run for life one...

aqua
i wanted to do that too remember? but my close fren asked me (as well as kam): what is the best solution for your child? sole caregiver vs cc?? you must always think in terms of what your child wants best, not what you want more.
you must decide lor. in order to solve my this problem i will move nearer to my mil...different ppl different solutions to this

this prob is never ending one lah

pixie/aqua,

I am still here leh! I read frequently, esp when I pump, very free when pumping time mah (now I am pumping). Just don't post as often :)

But ya, a lot of mummies didn't post as often as before already.

Jess,
How's Javier? Recovered? You take care too!

Yvonne,
Haha, funny right, my son, he really can poo..... yesterday 4x, not watery leh, so not lao sai, he just got so much poo, all stored in his big tummy, maybe :)

hehe..back from lunch (drizzling at Lok Yang) & mattel toy sales...bot this for my boy/s
happy.gif

3082213.jpg
Every purchase got free gift (pampers diaper 4 pcs)...i am aiming for the table+bench set $40(can sit 2 pax) & the single slide $50...hmm to heavy to bring back office & i didn't bring enuff cash...maybe ask hb to go wkend see again!

steph,

the toy sale good or not? If it's good, maybe can go tomorrow after the fun @ Central.

Oh, BTW, most likely I won't join you all for lunch. Either hubby comes to meet us for lunch (a bit too much for him to ask him lunch with 8 mummies and 8 toddlers :)), or I come back home for lunch.

Kam,

personally i don't think it's very good cos 70% of the toys were old, dusty & dirty or some packaging (boxes) were torn/dented etc. Not for fussy buyer. Only limited items with gd condition (like mine above as the box is still pretty brand new). As usual, there were alot of toy figurines, barbie dolls, disney etc. Some of the fisher-price items still have price tags of Isetan/Taka...maybe is rejected/left-over stock from sales bah.

eNemum,
How much retail price? i dunno how much but my coll say cheap can buy.

hey ladies...

do u all use Corelle plates at home ? My plates r chipped and some with cracks due to my maid's rough handling. My sis ask me buy Corelle wor.. she say it's chip free de and does not break easily... I went to see at BHG just now a set of 18pc selling for $139 and it depends on what floral pattern u choose

Back