(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

Thanks mummies for the concern. Till now i can still feel my tummy "rumbling" but no "action" yet. *cross finger*

ponponta: cherie haven start talking yet, only babbling in her own language. If she wan somethin, she will point at the object & "erh erh erh" non stop.

cherie bear: Hong Wen is a gd sch, u so lucky.

ecookie: oh, yz a smart boy!

hippo: adri so cute, she's really "inherit" ur cleaniness leh. how i hope cherie understand wat is "dirty".

jovialz: same as caelen, cherie has good eyesight. she can spot small object, pick it up & usually pass to me. Last Sun i lost my ear stud (the one behind of earring). I was lookin high & low but couldnt find it. End up its cherie who found it and passed to me.

jovialz, haha! yes she did learn from her.. and yes u can borrow her if u need.. haha! but she'll also make sure u keep ur trash whr it shd be leh..
aiya.. one fine day caelen is reali going to throw at u his command of all words and his language gal.. just wait! it'll be soon dear...

ponponta.. yes.. bo bian one.. she's so bossy!!! she'll make sure we pick up all little bits & pcs of stuff.. grrr...
and yes gal.. u shd talk more to anders.. just keep talking! he's also absorbing quietly one.. dun wana "scare" u nia.. keke

chersam! wow!! see? cherie can assist u in matters like tis leh.. if i tell adri, she'll most likely give me the look "wat biz is tis of mine??" LOL

jovialz & ponponta: hippo is right. The boys may not be showing any word command yet but who knows they secretly "absorb" into their "database" but surprise u 1 day! kekeke

hippo: luckily cherie still remember to pass the ear stud to me but not pop into her mouth. Phew!

morning mummies,
wa, matty indeed very smart. haha, can fill the in the blanks! and cherie too can mimick sound liao..keke..chersam, now you got to teach her action liao, like moo must pout the lips..keke..i always "pian" aria and ask her to say moo and when she does this, i quickly kiss her pouting lips..very shiok....keke..bian tai hor..

adri very smart too, can direct people to pick up dirt..keke..smart girl.. think she can aspire to be a leader next time?
happy.gif

ponponta,
haha..caelen's is jovialz mopiko..so funny...

jovial,
very good lah, caelen can scratch scratch you :p

aria: when i sing "if you're happy and you know clap your hands".. she will only know how to clap hands leh..also dunno stamp your feet or nod your head..and she always goes around saying, "one, two, clap clap"

ecookie,
aria also babbling all the time and sometimes like telling me story.. if i ignore her, she will call my me louder, "ma meeee, blah blah blah" with lots of hands action...sometimes she will chuck in a few proper words here and there and i will pretend to understand, oh is it? then?? after that?? and she will continue blah all the way..haha...

PD said she's quite fast in her speech because she can string 2 words together, much earlier than the norm.. actually i doubt leh.. her two words are always, "ma mee open", "ma mee outside", "ma mee mum mum", "ma mee neh neh", "ma mee, there" , etc.. this count? it's not like " i want to mum mum" , "i don't want", etc..

oh, she does picks up one sentence recently after i taught her a few times but i doubt she understands it..haha. I ask her "how are you?" or "how do you do?" she will say "I'm fine".. never fails to crack me up when she said this..haha

chersam,
aiyoh, you poor girl. eat the medicine for nothing...luckily you still decided to go back to see the doc again and found out the problem. hope your LS will stop soon...

chersam, cherie is such a good gal.. good thing she never eat it.. if anders were to pick things up, next moment it will be in his mouth already...so cute, she will let u know wat she want.. anders will just cried and i have to decipher his cries.. hm....

hippo, i wan to be scared leh.. heehee...

morning mummies!

what a busy morning!

jas,
understand your frustration with baby esp when you have to handle 2! perhaps get your hubby or someone to help you sometimes. really need some 'me-time' to keep yourself relaxed and recharged. J was a very high attention baby and easily cranky. even now he's very naughty but still very well liked by the family. nobody will not like babies one.
happy.gif

karrie,
matty is so cute! J is attending class now and there's this 1 yr old boy that looks very much like matty! and he knows how to say "HI!". everytime he sees J, he'll come over slobber J with his drool and say "HI". so cute! heheh

re: talking
J is babbling non-stop everyday. He knows how to do the action when we sing "If you're happy", then he'll clap his hand, step his feet and say hooray! so funny. and he knows how to mimic sounds of a dog and cow.

re: discipline
this one is a tough one for me. any mummies experiencing your kiddo getting rebellious? J will smack ppl's face or bite them when they scold him. but he won't do that to me. I'm worried that he's only scared of me and nobody else. he refuse to let my hubby carry despite calling him daddy. everyone is doing their part in discipline but it seems that J is not afraid of them at all!

aria, yes yes! those are considered sentences and an achievement for aria liao!! cos she has to put 2 & 2 together leh! smart gal.. *clap clap*!

ponponta, i'm sure he'll do just that very soon.. hohohoho!

bbwow, i just read in an article yday with regards to their behaviour.. it seems like they are like that at this stage & they still cannot grasp the fact that they are hurting pple with their actions. cause & effect. they will observe but they dun understand indepth yet. so wat the article suggested was to show them. if he hits any adults in ur family, tell them to display pained faces.. and as he listens to u, explain to him like "see? that is not a right thing to do. u are hurting daddy. itz painful"

bbwow,
J can say hooray, so cute..

aria is also very naughty. If i dun give her things she wanted she will throw whatever that is in her hand! i thought it's good that in a house there's one discipline master? my elder bro is adopting this method, he's the bad guy while his wife is the good one. actually i also dunno what's the rational behind. I'm also the discipline master. Yesterday, aria bit me when i BF her, and i hit lightly on the corner of her mouth. wah,, she cried so pitifully leh.. then i sayang her back and continue to BF her again and no more.. wah lau...no joke ok..luckily the bite is not so hard but still have to make sure she understand no biting man..

aria_jo: aria so smart! i think to string 2 words together is very good. yz will only do that when i prompt him and he repeat after me most of the time. only 2 words he ll say w/o pple prompting and that's mian bao (bread) and ji dan (egg)! haha he esp like ji dan, once he saw can chant non stop.

and aria's "im fine" is so cute. can imagine her saying that!

hippo,
thanks for the tips
happy.gif
i shall do that next time cos aria likes to pinch me, scratch me or poke at my mole when I'm BF her.. very irritating leh..one or 2 occasion, i really lose patience and whack her hand.. and as usuall cry pitifully..hehe..so bad hor..

bbwow, i also very bad at discipline.. he just throw his tantrum when and ever he like.. if he dun get the things he wan, he will sit and lie on the floor and cry.. like a dying cockroach.. very naughty.. but i let him cry it out and ignore him.. (very pitiful sometimes).. will be trying out ecookie's naughty corner.. but have not identify 1 place yet.. heehee...

hippo, how is your work? training over?

aria, sama sama.. anders will throw away anything in his hand if i dun give him or say no sternly..after that will waaaaaaaaahhhhhh.. aiyo.. so headache.. me also discipline mistress.. hit his hand until my hand pain, he also bo chup.. pig skin..

bbwow: im facing this prob with yz. now no one discipline him except me n hb. but hb also not consistent one. and recently, yz display bad temper/manners, like he 'll come with a book and ask me to sit down n read to him, when i told him no time or ask him to go play on his own (bad mummy..) he'll like thrust the book in my face angrily n hurting me or throw the book on the floor hard! when i scold him, he'll gei gei walk away or pretend to laugh at some other things. then now adays notti corner loses its effectiveness, when i asked him to go there, he ll quickly run away. when i carried him and made him sit there, he'll arch his back and refuse to sit down. then i got to slap his thigh to make him sit. ... then like defeat the purpose. cos i dun want to hit him to discipline him that s y started the notti corner. sigh.

ponponta: hahaha so funny the way u said dying cockroach. although im super scared of roaches one!! eeks.

u may want to try notti corner. hopefully more successful with anders, yz like bo chup notti corner liao. sian

ecookie,
how much egg you feed him? aria also like to eat egg but we only give her 1/2 egg and on alternate days for her breakfast.

ecookie,
hahah..yz gei gei walk away and pretend to laugh must be a funny sight leh..haha...

ponponta,
yaloh..dieing cockroach..haha...

aria_jo: umm, i lazy mummy, at most half an egg a week at my mum's place cos i dont buy eggs at my hse since i dun(cant!) cook. :p
when yz saw the rows of eggs on my mum's kitchen table, then he'll get excited lor. dun know why also.

ponponta, I think I know wat you mean by dying cockroach.. my boy when throw tantrums also will lie on the floor and kick his legs in the air, acting like spoilt brat!

His favourite word is "bao".. comes in 3 tones accordingly to the hanyu pinyin. Bao1 = bread, Bao3 = full, Bao4 = carry / hug

His 2 syallabus words not so clear yet, except calling ah yi, ah ma, hai yao..

aria, initially we also had the good & bad person persona. but watching her grow & the antics she have, we changed our style again. now we can both discipline. and if she cries, the person who disciplined her must be the 1st person to "console" her. no one else can step in. we are doing this so she knows we both love her but she'll be discplined nonetheless when the situation calls for it. and she can't turn to another adult for help thinking it can save her.. =)i hope it'll be more effective..

ponponta, hahaha! dying cockroach.. LOL!
am ok at my new place.. training more or less over so slowing taking over the job now.

ecookie, ha! yz is so funny la.. u look at him dunno wana be angry or laugh right? keke

ariajo,

aria is so clever! can string 2 words together!

ponponta,
hahaha...your description of dying cockroach so funny.

hippo,
thanks for the info. we're trying very hard to explain to him the cause & effect lor. but he seems very amused by it. once, he bite his "ah chor" until her hand bleed. and he knew he was wrong cause after that, he'll always take her hand then sayang. but after that, go around biting my hubby or mil or fil liao. -__-

ecookie,
we tried the naughty corner. it only works with me around. other than that, he thinks it's a "FUN" corner lor. sometimes he does something naughty, he 'auto' go to that corner and stand and then laugh at himself! wah lau. yesterday hubby smack his face until can see the 5 finger lines and J cry like mad. but only 5 sec, then after that, started laughing. he thinks it's fun!! *pengz* this boy like dunno what is pain one.

hippo,
yaloh, must teach her that she cannot turn to another adult for help.

mummies,
as you all know aria motor skill is slow.. she just learn to climb things but already freaks my hubby out. yesterday, when my hubby was out of her sight, she climbed a stool and stand on it and flash my hubby a big grin when he saw that! like somekind of big achievement. if the stool is near the coffee table, she will climb onto the coffee table too! i really hope she will not be a monkey climbing things every where!

bbwow,
hehe...but i hope she can say more than just mamee this and mamee that..

aiyoh, so heartpain lah.. smack until can see 5 fingers? but your boy very macho leh..can still laugh after that..hehe...

bbwow, y they all like to bully ah chors one huh? LOL
ouch ouch.. painful! 5 fingers.. but try to tell ur hb dun slap on the face in future even if J dunno pain (keke..). no offence gal but i find slapping very demeaning and i'm afraid of the long-term repercussions on the self-esteem nia.. heartpain...

aria. wow! i tink aria is merely exploring her boundaries & new-found skills.. but must be careful around her lo.. must watch out for her ar...

hippo,
yeah, cannot leave her alone with the stools anymore.. so far, she has not attempt to climb the sofa or the bed yet.. i remember some of the babies here can climb long time ago...i thought aria will not climb things but guess i was wrong..

re:discipline
shanice oso always lie down on the floor when she throw trantums.She even attempt to beat me when i lecture her.Haiz..really headache to discipline kids.But we juz hv to be firm wif our discipline.

bbwow:
ouch..painful. Aiyo..y J still can laugh after the crying.He muz be a tough boy.

re:speech development
i think mine oso one of the slowest here.She dun speak much. When she wans something, she will juz point it & eh eh..prompting u to get it for her.

Aria,
haha! it must be a funny scenerio. But you know Dayan recently very GOOD at climbing lor! He can climb and sit on his HIGH chair or climb up to the chair then to the dining table...u say will faint or not??

Mummies,
Thank you for your concern. Sorry that i grumble to you. I so scared i grow mad without you all. hahaha!

jas,

relax.. is all growing up pharses. Brig also climb up and down non stop. Up table, sofa, from his playpen to my bed.. everyway... Oh ya, he can open the door on his own.. If he not tall enough aft tiptoeing like for the main gate, he will carry a container or little stool to help himself... sign

dodo,

he is down w fever last night. Just one time off. Aft feeding one dose of paracetamol, he recover, nomore fever.

It seems to be the case for him, whenever he has fever, even as high as 38.5, aft one dose of paracetamol, he will be fine.. dun need another dose..

He seems to have saome breathing difficuties last night, have to bring forward his ventolin inhaler timing to ease his airway... But still active.. hopefully he will be fine soon..

language,

think our precious are in the language explosion stage.

Brig just said BANANA last night... he alway like to say Take Key, Carry Me, Handphone, I want Nai Nai(Milk), Dog, car etc etc... haha

jas,
can climb the high chair?? wah, so dangerous..the high chair can topple on him or not?

chris,
wah, brig lagi best.. but i find him smart leh..can even find a container to make him taller to open the door! smart boy lor..38.5 not high leh.. after the last incident right, we will not feed aria baby paracetamol if hit 38.5. if more than 39, yes. 38.5, i'll let her body naturally bring it down. read it from an article that was pasted in one of tampines PD clinic.

wah, brig speech developement also very advance leh.. can say banana, aria only say na-na..haha..

ariajo, chris, aria & brig so smart. can say 2 words...

chris, oh dear..hope brig get well soon.. the last time round anders also have the on&off fever.. after medication, it be down.. before that it will be shooting up again.. very worrying and it lasted for a week...

jas, chris..so many little monkeys around.. climbing all over.. really must watch over them.. sometimes, anders love to suddenly stand up on the bed and dance to the hotdog song from mckey mouse clubhouse.. aiyo.. stressed leh.. and my bed is like 24in high.. faint...

well actually, not dance more like marching.. up and down.. haha...

jas, rememeber seeing a photo of boy climbing up the door grilles.. is dayan? heehee...

ponponta,
yes, aria does that too - stand on the bed and attempt to walk down! not climb down, walk straight down. haiyoh, really afraid one day she fall and hit her head.

Every little one is talking so well now!

Lyn day in day out is "dadadoh!", "PaaaaPaaaa".
She can say a very out of tune "Thank you" when we ask her "What must you say?"
Other than that, its dadadoh! dadadoh! dadadoh!

gingerleaf, haha..no wonder your pet is also dadadoh.. how to change pet name huh?

ariajo, i guess they have to learn it by the hard way.. heehee.. next time must surround the bed side with cushions...

gingerleaf,
now i know why your pet is called dadadoh
happy.gif

ponponta,
yaloh...ever since she fell off the bed while sleeping that night, i will makesure i surround the bed with pillows. else, i will be on the bed with her and not leaving her alone. if not, she will think she can walk down the bed! faintz...

Aria,
U think Dayan bothers?? he fell once..very soon he forgets in mins...haizz!

Chris,
Alamak! Brig so clever leh...

hippo, aria,

yea. my pil saw the 5 fingers scold my hubby. aiyo. like that how to discipline this terror!!

gingerleaf,
I think they must be faking cry then laugh at us and think "You think so easy make me cry meh" !!!! I thought pigs are supposed to be lazing around. how come like monkey!

hi mummies! back from lunch raining cats n dogs.
*shivers*

bbwow: wah J bite till ah chor's hand bleed. ur ah chor must dote on him alot, allow him to bite till like that. must discipline cos biting pple not good but slowly teach cos think at this stage they still take time to learn right from wrong. ask ur hb dun smack his face till can see 5 fingers lah. very painful one cos our face skin quite thin and as hippo said, i think not good for self esteen in long run. but sometimes when i really pissed with yz, i also will tap his face with my one finger. and just that, sometimes he ll pout and like want to cry. think its not painful but he doesnt like it either..

aria_jo: aria can hi-5 with yz! yz also said nana for banana. heh. and yah must keep a lookout for aria's "stunts" liao. to minimise bruises n bumps along the way. now i try to follow yz more after his bump on side of forehead..

jas: so dangerous of dayan to climb the high chair. be careful that it wont topple with him on it. nowadays really must keep an eye out for the little ones.

ponponta,
Yes it is him who climb up the gate to open the door. He will do that everyday trying his luck to see if the gate is open. You see la??!!

Btw, you mention the Mickey mouse "hotdog" song..it is not hotdog leh. hahaha! i tot so initially. Then my 5year old nephew corrected me MANY TIMES liao...its "Heart Dot". dun know true or not??! haha..

hippo: yah my hb and i tried to use ur method too. when one disciplines, the other one will ignore or will also say he's in the wrong, if not waste the effort of the one disciplining. although at times i very soft hearted want to just gather him up and hug him tight. or other times, just want to laugh at his pitiful face. oops.

ecookie,
Huh? You really very patient leh..you only tap him with one finger. My lightest punishment is to ask him open his hand and used my mighty hands to beat him until its red..then he knows its pain. But still its no laksa to him leh!!!

Today he just climb up and sit there in comfort. I shouted "come down"..wau lau! he really can come down leh. Dun know must laugh or not?? the high chair is the mamalove type.

jas,
haiyoh, dayan really tough boy! sometimes i wonder, if i really have a boy, do i want my boy to have some monkeyness in him or those guai guai type.. actually i prefer him to be a little notti so that he'll be more man..hahaha...i dun want my boy to have mild temper that next time his gf/wife bully him..hehe...

but then mild temper boy easy to take care..haiyoh, dilemma..hehe...

jas: wah mamalove! i ve one in my hse! urs is set to the lowest level? mine is set to the highest level and yz only occasionally push it ard for fun, most of the time he leaves it alone by the dining table in peace

aria_jo: nope cant be changed to table. just a high chair which you can adjust its height and how much to recline thats all. comes with 5 points straps. of plastic and cushioing.

Back