(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

Hi atinarin

Caelen also doesn't guai guai sleep thru'. Will wake up about average twice. Last time we will feed him but recently he refused the night feeds. Just wanted Grandma to carry to sleep
sad.gif
Very tiring!

darmae,
hehe...i like the family tee too
happy.gif
for the tiara, i got it from one of the hair accessories shop in white sand there are different sizes n designs too

magoo,
we wish u were there too.... the party is really tiring but we enjoyed it very much. Steven's eyes already small.... laugh somemore cannot see le not only his eyes angel's oso... lol

BTMum,
thks
happy.gif
as long as we tell angel 'mei mei' she will let us do anything to her hair willingly....as vain as mummy...hahaha

corrine, LOL. no wonder ben doesnt allow me to whatever i wan with his hair! i never tell him mei mei! kakaka. will try it! kakakaka

Corrine,
Haha.. bad leh.. i not trying to say Steven's eyes are small la.. I trying to tell you.. Steven was very happy on tat day...

Good morning mummies
happy.gif

Hmm..did not post in this thread for a real long time, just dropping by to say HI..

RE: sleeping woes
Hmm..looks like i'm not the only one who's facing bbs not sleeping through the nite yet..Same as Calen, bb is also waking up on average 2 times a nite, not for milk too, just want to be cuddled &amp; carried/ rocked.. Hmm.. :< wonder when he will kick this habit..sighz..

peapod: same as my girl! i will try everything then give up and need to wake grandma up too!

quite worried, is it some sleep disorder or what?

the way she wakes up crying is as if she had a nightmare, but so many nightmares every night?

Hi Charsiew! Long time no see. How's YH doing? Is he eating better?

RE: Sleeping
I think our babies have the habit of wanting to be carried to sleep. That's why when they wake up at night, they can't get back to sleep themselves
sad.gif
Caelen will ek ek ek no matter how we pat him... until we carry him up then he will quieten.

To add to my woes, recently it got worse as he became very very sticky to his grandma who is his main caregiver. Think it is the separation anxiety thingy. So he will 1) insist on his grandma to carry to sleep. 2) And in the middle of the night 2am, he will cry until his grandma come out from her room to pat him
sad.gif
In the end, there are 3 persons who cannot sleep at night. It's ridiculous!

For problem 1), I managed to solve it by asking my MIL to 'hide' in the toilet whenever he needs to sleep. I will then carry him around the house and tell him "Grandma not here". Surprisingly, he seems to understand that his grandma not around and he will relent to let me pat him to sleep.

For problem 2), I wanted to try the cry-it-out method but hubby and grandma not keen
sad.gif
They think he is too stubborn for it and they also quite soft-hearted with regard to my boy. Any mummies tried that? Caelen is a stubborn boy so not sure if it would work also. Scared will kena complain by neighbours if he have a crying episode at 2am for consecutive nights :p Or if any mummies have other sleep training methods, please advise! Thanks!

Hi Charsiew,

My gal has been walking up several times in the nite too!! But i guess she is teething...Her 4 molars are almost out...and i can see her last 4 canines coming out already. Poor gal..suffering so much.

hello mummies,

i've been out of action for awhile...totally drowned in work so no time to login, plus last week was the most stressful one! busy with faith's bday prep then she was diagnosed with hfmd last monday! the party was planned on last sat!

we were so worried n thot the party had to be cancelled as it takes at least a week to recover from hfmd. but faith was really blessed, hers was a mild case. she had only 1 ulcer on her tongue and 3 on her feet. all healed by Friday and so the party went on!

she had a great time, will upload some photos on FB.
happy.gif

peapod: I dont believe in the cry out method...actually i tried it that day and she cried till she puked so i am not doing that to her again...she is generally not the crying sort so when she cries i really need to take action...

with regards to being clingy to granny, for my case i dont mind cos i will be going for my surgery an di dont want my girl to need me to sleep...as it is, she clings to me the moment i am home from work...im going to miss her like crazy but i dont want her to miss me.

poohwei: 4 molars at one go is scary even for adults we cannot take one toothache...poor thing, but at least u know the source of her discomfort and can rest assured that it will stop soon.

Hi atinarin

Oh, I see. How did you try the crying out method? Is it just leaving the baby in the cot or is there a proper process? I will go borrow some book to read this week to see if there are any good insights and let you know
happy.gif

So far the only semblance to CIO method I did was when he refused to sleep in the sarong. I brought him into the bedroom and shut the door (to show him cannot go out to play). Naturally he threw a fit but he fell asleep after crying for a while. I tried it 3 times so far but he does seem more and more stubborn instead of getting easier
sad.gif

When are you going for your surgery? I always thought that you are a very brave mummy you know?

hihi peapod~~ :>
Hmm...sadly to say, my YH is still not eating well yet.. :< but i'm thankful that he's still developing well &amp; is as active, playful, cheeky &amp; cute as any toddler despite having a real small appetite
happy.gif

Ya, i understand what you mean..
YH is quite sticky to me too since i'm the main caregiver, so i hv to be the one to rock him to sleep when he fusses &amp; whines at night..sighz..

Recently, i hv tried to train him to sleep on his own, by not picking him up &amp; rocking him, patting him on his mattress. Tried leaving him alone on his bed too (let him cry), but plan din work as he can crawl out of it since the barrier is not as high as the cot. i really regretted for not training him to sleep independently earlier. :< my fault.

wahh Poohwei~~ Enen is hving so many teeth now (cutting molars already?!) ? my YH is now having 5.5 teeth, growth is not as fast as en en :p but he fusses the same for teething discomfort~

paiseh, maybe this has been discussed earlier..
the injection for 1yr old is chicken pox right?
Am planning to bring YH for the jab either this wk or next wk...keeping fingers crossed..hope he will not CRY badly this time round..sighz..

have not read the posts ... but TOday is Not A Monday Blue for me cos ...

My Princess Carissa is having her 1st adult tooth haha ... and Today My Prince Carlson can WALK unassit. hahaha .... so happy

my boy REJECT all porridge ... hmmm he can tell us he wants to eat RICE pengz ... he knows what he wants and what he dun ... he can still tell me that he is scare he will fell down if he let his hand off and walk as of yesterday la .. keke hmmm sobsob ... YES YES YES he is still throwing up ... Called the PD .. waiting for her to call me back ... i am a bit like dun no what to do with him ... can vomit at the sight and hear the word "food/milk" or anything ... sobsob how ??? but he is also one that likes to eat too ... i think i cannot tahan liao will ask to being him for a scan soon ... i dun want my boy be a tour guide for Singapore man ... show ppl what is merlion ... keke "sign"

peapod: surgery in early october....im not bra e im resigned to my fate...then pple at work still trying to give me headache...some pple have no problems just wanna create problem...

Hi gals,

I just introduced Gain to my gal last night. She took it quite well but cleared her bowels immediately after both sessions. Is it normal? My colleague says that i must slowly let her adjust from Similac to Gain issit? However, she seems to like Gain more...Can finish 180ml easily.

Poohwei, Jordan also likes Gain better ... at least his milk intake is decent now. Previously the whole day, he's not even taking 300ml lor ... now at least he's taking around 600ml.
happy.gif

He usually poos 2-3 times a day. Haha!

Btw hor, heard the Take One Baby Bites rice rusks also got recalled. Went NTUC yesterday and true enough, the shelf space which used to house the product has been replaced by other products liao. Aiyoh, both my kids take alot of that leh .... hope there's nothing seriously wrong with it.

Good Morning Mummies

Finally have the time to post... really so busy with work till about to go bonkers haha

oh blue.. really.. my charlene like baby bites lots le and like ur kids she take lots of tat.. can finish 1 pack 1 day.. hope nothing seriously
sad.gif

my girl also eat like to eat baby bites. Now my two older ones have no milk to drink lor...poor thing, when i try to offer my son imported milk, he dun dare to drink also, say drink already will die..
sad.gif

hope this would end soon.. when i saw news about how close to 50 over thousands of babies in china got affected feel so heartpain
sad.gif

most of the other milk powder by foreign brand also packed here in china, so dun dare to drink lor. my friend say can drink japanese brand Meiji but i saw some of their ice-cream or something also kanna recalled, so scared lah. Think will send them for health check. Lucky my shayne's milk all brought from singapore.

morning ladies...

my hazel had been sick for 3 days le. she is hardly drinking her milk or eating any solid for these 3 days. so worried.
sad.gif
She is down with flu , fever and bad throat.
sad.gif
Alot of phlegm
So poor thing. think she is also teething.

Low : Yup ... Feel so helpless.
sad.gif
She has been waking every hour at night - crying.
sad.gif
She is hungry but throat too painful to drink her milk ... makes my heart ache.
sad.gif

Have you taken her to see a dr?
Caelyn was also sick for almost 10 days when her top 4 teeth came out together - high fever, cough and lots of phlegm. We had to hospitalise her because she refused to take her medicine. So if your girl is eating medicine well, its fine. Sad to say, its part and parcel of the teething process.

Magoo : No ...
sad.gif
coz we are going to genting on thursday so nO leave to take le.
sad.gif
no very nice also but she is in good hands... with my mum and helper. and they will call me to let me know if she doesnt drink milk or anything like that. haha

Florence,
Oh,so nice to have ur mum to help u..
Wow.. going to Genting? Keith sure very happy...
Cos got many rides.. indoor n outdoor..

Hope Hazel gets well soon so that she can enjoyed the trip
happy.gif

hee..hee.. me also feel like going for a short trip but the thought of bringing big bag small bag hor with charlene alone puts me down le haha lazy mummy right

Magoo how are u?
happy.gif

Florence: Due to the uprise in HFMD, better be more alert to check for ulcers and spots. Just play safe lah!

Low: 1 pack a day still ok lah ... Jordan can take like 2-3 packs a day ok!
happy.gif

morning mummies...

florence,
hope hazel will recover soon.
nice 2-tier cake.. i'm sure keith and hazel had fun.
going genting.. hee... i'm sure keith will be excited. driving up?

maegan had loose stools yesterday. took leave to take care of her... so worrying cos we will be leaving on thurs for HK. hope she gets well soon.
My mum say teething can cause diarrhoea... true?
cos i dun rem darius having tat when he was teething.

Magoo : my mum is always there to help so i count myself lucky as we only have 14 + 2 (childcare) this year and more than half goes to the kids le still not enough. haha. Keith is really excited and we have packed his clothes and toys and mp3 into his own tolley bag le. As for Hazel ... she is still sick , so no mood for anything. hope she recovers soon!
sad.gif

Low : I am so dying for a short trip with the kids , I am going without hubby. bought along my helper and am going with mum and sisters so shd be okies.

Blue : As keith is in childcare , we check both keith and hazel every morning and night b4 they sleep to be sure. so far nothing wor.
happy.gif

dAemAe : We are not driving up . taking the night coach at their sleeping time so hopefully hazel will sleep.
happy.gif

Teething does coz diarrhoea and fever for hazel's case.
sad.gif
keith skipped those too.

low,
go get a break... hee, a short trip is nice, can refreshen up. take away woes from work... hehe
大包小包 ok lar. as long as there's fun.

hubby and i oso taking a 'gamble'... cos we will be with darius and maegan for 6days in HK. hope we can handle them well... hehe

Low,
I ok.. busy n tired..
This is a SUPER busy week for me..
My hubby is in Germany till Saturday and Sunday he is going for the F1 Race..
So I m all alone to handle my Monsters!!
U leh??

Darmae,

Re: Teething

Ya, my mil n sis aso told me abt having loose stools due to teething. n i remembered Mayvis had loose stools when she was teething..
but not sure is it due to it..
I checked with PD b4, but he said tat not everyone will.. But when hv loose stools, better be careful n drink more water..

florence,
night coach can be xiong... hopefully the kids get to sleep. anyway, they can also sleep when they hit the hotel. hehe..

oic, maegan have been rejecting milk feeds from bottle since last week. only direct latch she ok. since sat, she started to reject porridge oso... but if we distract her, she will take some. then yesterday, she had loose stools. so mum concluded that its due to teething.... although i didnt detect swollen gums.
she has been waking up 3-4 times for the past 3 nites. not sure if she is hungry cos she didnt get to fill up during the day.

mag,
thanks for the info. its hard to get maegan to drink water too. this gal ah.. dislike taste of water. but usu we 'force' her. hahaha

power ah u.. handle 2 kids all by urselves.
ur hubby F1 fan ah... my hubby too. but he is gg to miss it. hehehe. he wanted very much to go though

darmae me lazy le go holiday must relax ma sleep and wake up as and when we like but hor if i bring charlene i still need to get up at 6 am le.. she very chun one then hor tend to her le hee..hee.. me think of that me scare haha i mei you yong hor...

Magoo my hubby also going to leave us for 3 whole days le.. fri, sat and sun.. he bringing his client and wife to F1 race and makan this weekend le so I am all alone too
sad.gif

low,
wahhhh charlene wakes up so early. if i were u, i oso scared leh.
i'm lucky, maegan usu wakes up between 8 - 830am.
darius.. even later. hahahaha, usu its mei mei who gets gor gor out of his bed.
of cos, mei mei goes to bed early, usu ard 830pm whilst gor gor at 10am

Back