(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

emily,
my bb now doing something like push ups, very funny oso. she s 5 mth 2 weeks liao haha!
happy.gif

Re: bottles sterilising
thanks mummies for the advices. Just worried prolong sterlising will cause chemical reaction to the bottles. If till 1yr, how long is the bottle life span huh?

Re:shichida
Hey! I need axe oil too! One term $1K+...gosh! Me SAHM but no 'tai tai' life
sad.gif
...but it's my choice lah. Don't want mum or mil to take care, don't trust maid.

I don't even know Shichida till I chanced upon the Channel 5 programme. Nowadays whoever can espound on infant and child 'whatever' development turns billionaire manz....

darme,
Can share more since you enroll your #1 there? When he started har?

i'm staying TP, so probably will go check it out.

why you envy people got two maid? I thought one maid already got enough headache, imagine having two...that one really need a dozen axe oil.

Emily, Jordan sama sama as Edison! Jordan's hands will keep "scratching" the bed to move forward and legs kicking ... but somehow body also can't move. A few times his bum bum went up abit but not enough to move the body.
happy.gif

Fau,
LOL when read your post. Me no taxi kind lor. Will rather stroller 15-20mins under hot sun to nearest MRT to town. Positively good workout. Hehe

Emily,
Isaac also trying dunno to crawl or to fly? He'll push thru his hands and legs, then lift them up high, ma chiam like skydiving. And he'll 'talk' and chuckle while diving. So
lol.gif

emily, my gal started crawling when shes 19 weeks old, active and steady crawling when shes 21st weeks old, and the rest is history. As i bring my bumper mat to my nanny's plc, she will always crawl out of it, onto the floor. She loves to crawl into the kitchen area, so nanny always has to carry her back into the mat, then she climb out again, carry her back again, out again..... it just goes on, a daily routine.
Shes trying to adjust herself into sitting position now. Only manage to succeed once, she's now perfecting her sitting skills.
It's real enjoyable and funny to see them learn.

Hello...Mummies!!!

Hahaha....Emily...my boy also having the same prob! struggle whole day but yet body still cannot move! hahahha...his actions sometimes looks like a seal on land...! hahahahha....

fau..
taitai bubble burst... hee u soo cute. make me laugh lor.

fitty,
my #1 started shichida when he was 11mths old. he is coming to 4yrs this august.
#2 is 6mths plus now... planning to start her around the same time too.

main characteristic is its concentration on whole-brain training by developing the right brain and connecting it to the left brain, allowing both sides to work in balance.
their studies say tat right brain is the more impt hemisphere to influence the quality of the left brain. the right brain enables the child to learn subconsciously as well as enable the brain to be able to automatically process large amt of information at high speed whereas left brain is able only to process small amt of information at low speed.
course emphasis as follows :-
-quality of parent-child relationship
-sharpness of innate senses
-photographic memory training
-physical stimulation
-high speed absorption training
-creative potential
-foreign/multiple language stimulation
-humanity studies
-personality development

each class last 75mins. 1 parent sits in with the child. 1 lesson per week. class size abt 4-6

blueskye, ya i tot so too. maybe becos she can flip over since 14 weeks old, and constant practise and her determination makes her 'move forward' faster than usual. Now i put her in walker, and she will roam around nanny's house, into the bedrooms and around the living room.

fau u very cute le.. i laugh when i read the part when u say ur bubble burst when u take the mrt home hee..heee...
happy.gif

Hi Darmae...

Do u hv the link to this class?? seems interesting...75mins...wat happens if baby cry or wana sleep halfway??

yah fau, u also made my day...i also burst out laughing.

Em: my boy still perfecting his crawling skills, body can move but slowly and can see he will be tired out after awhile. Sooner or later, all our babies will be crawling all over liao.

gingerleaf: yah, i stay opp. sheng siong. Sometimes i go pioneer mall, healthmark clinic see doc, i like Dr. Su, i heard this clinic sees alot of babies/kids too though is GP.

Rxsti: ooooh...so u no SAHM eh, u eat snake! hee hee

Darmae: so you got a taste of having 2 maids to seve you, wow!

I agreed with Row, already headache to manage 1, imagine 2, *faint*! I don't like maid to follow us around when going out, unless to church or do groceries, depend on where we go. Most times i go out w/o maid. Still not used to someone following us around.

hi mummies..wow talking abt shichida now ah...i never send my elder one for it...think too ex lor..went to one simliar type trial class..cannot remember the name but we concluded that we shall go for kindermusik only . nynke can start next wk for kindermusik but i think still too early so told school we'll wait for another term.

re- expensive stroller
when had elder on in 2003, source around and aprica was the 'expensive' one- the one i like cost 1k n hubby fainted when i told him. we got lucky baby at 200 in the end n he said can buy 5 for me..haha...the stroller lasted us 2 yrs. for nynke we got her the maclaren quest, after robinson sale got it at 260. last wk saw the 'bug- a- roo bee..something like that' n cost 1799! really faint...

baby business is the most profitable hor..there are always pple who are just willing to folk out $$ for their little ones..but make sure we bring them up with the right value lah, if not next time grow up become very materialistic.

bebeng,
the website is shichidamethod.com
if bb cry or uncomfortable, usually the teacher will advise to move to the back of the class and try to calm dwn the child. so as not to hv much distraction. but if the child is not soothe dwn, we will be advised to step outside the class and rejoin.
i have encountered kids who are cranky and grouchy in the class but most of the time it is due to hunger, tiredness.... so the timing of the class is very impt. must make sure the child is fed before class and not clashing wif the nap time. they allow you to change class/timing should it be available.

voice,
ya lor... had juz tat 2 chances of 2 helpers. but hor its true.. headache lor. cos nt easy to handle them lor. i usually bring helper out oni when no one else is at home. dun like the idea of leaving her alone at home lor.

amy,
yeah. nw the bugaboo bee is the IN stroller lor. i oso like tat alot! been hinting hubby lor.. he say i siao stroller. cos #1 had a maclaren tecno.. but then i still wanted to get 1 aprica stroller for maegan. one hand operation and light weight, easy to handle if i'm wif 2 kids. anyway smtimes my elder wan too lazy to walk. we hv to put him on his stroller too. hee

my husband is the probably the exception, he is always the one who will want to buy this buy that for the kids and i will be the one who scold him for spending too much money.

Re: Shichida

Thanks Tifanny for the info!Think I will then enrol my boy for the July intake!

Probably I will go for the Toa Payoh Hub one. Wkend class. Anyone else interested?

So darmae,
Can share some testimonies...like any diff when you compare your boy with others at the same age? Must be really good hor, seeing dat your gal oso attending.

Row,
Why don't you arrange a BP for bibs/socks/leggings fot Sept thread mummies??
Hee... I m now searching legging and socks for my boy..

hahaha...you all can wait or not? my delivery time can be long. I was telling yoki, i like to buy things but lazy to sell..sept mummies support me or not? then i can make a final decision to be SAHM for good... i still have some leggings, will pm you let you see if you like any. better dun discuss business in this thread lah, later kanna banned from the forum.

hi emily & vone

thanks for the replies. I hope it's not the sweetness of frisco cream that makes the baby reject milk.

Emily, understand U r 'shopping' for maids agency. Just to share with U my experience cos i oso got a maid recently. There are many maids agency at Hougang Green and JDB has an office there oso. I got my maid fr Nation and they are charging $488 for agency fee. Yes, indeed their agency fee is much higher than the rest. For new maid esp those without Passport, U may nid to wait for 4wk to 6wk. IF u cant wait, U may want to try Transfer maid. Always ask why the previous employer dun want her or whether can get testimonial fr the previous employer. indonesia maid salary is $320 / $330. Govt levy is $170 if u r working and have a baby.

hope the above is useful ; )

Anyone gg to the fair on friday? I am!!!!!!! So excited! Can buy things again.

Any mummies using MIM sling? Feel like getting one. Whats the difference in those cotton, cotton satin or sateen other than its material? Heard one last longer than the others.

gingerleaf,

I have one in cotton, I think my gal was feeling quite hot when I wrapped her in it. Not sure whether the satin one would be cooler or not.

gingrtleaf,

I use the sateen one. rather cooling for her. i'll place her sideways and carry her. very convenient and not heavy.

she likes it in there too. guess she feels v close to me

btw, my daughter will always cry/fuss when she don't see me. i can't leave her out of her sight.

any similar experience? she'll be 7 months end of March...

gingerleaf,
i have both cotton and sateen. cotton is more to keep bb warm with me (air con places very good). sateen is more cooling and silky to touch. =D i bought 2 - 1 for my MIL to sling him and both are sleeping on the chair (she scared she lose grip and he falls!) she doesnt know how to sling him and walk around the house. i use the other sling to bring him out.

mag lee,
ben has the same problem now! the minute i turn and he doesnt see my face, he cries! aiyoh! so troublesome! cannot go toilet or do other things! cant even go kitchen to get a drink! is this separation anxiety? how long does it last?

re shichida
haven decided to go or not to go. must really sit down and disucss with hb. becos of ben, we already got a car and a maid. now lessons? must plan plan le.

totoro,
better dun print money on ur own. students already printed and kena caught liao. hahhaahahahaha axe oil is safer!

atinarin,
blog closed down. think kena discovered?

hi mummies,
good morn!

Row,
since i have hold BP in SMH and if u wana me to help u, let me know. So tat when u r there, i can help u to liase here
happy.gif

gingerleaf,
i have cotton MIM sling but after using it, i prefer the Sateen type after trying using my fren one. Cooling and nice to touch oso. Only few dollars difference, so u might consider getting the Sateen one.

By the way, hv anyone heard of hotsling? Anyone use before? Any feedbacks?

Mummies, anyone of you bought Leapfrog from the overseas BP>?

Emily,
My cousin wife work in Maid agency, did ask about the T&C before but left it at home. If you need more info on the T&C as a guide, let me know, k?

Phoebe,Bena,Vone,
Can you please send me your contact number? You got my hp right?

Hi star07,
Thanks for your info. Yesterday, I visited Sun Employment Services at Bishan. The ladies there r helpful. Agent fee is only $168. I took a few maid biodata from them to review with my PIL this weekend. As PIL will be the one supervising the maid in future, I better get their opinion first.

Hi Yoki..
Thanks for your offer. I did a read-up at the followig blog, very useful. More or less understood the T&C liao. Most importantly, must SCAN every sentence on the contract before signing it.

http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com

Hi Voice..
Do you leave your maid alone at home when you go out on weekends? Is it safe?

ginerleaf,

I used to have both too, but I find the satin one slip at the ring more easily, after a while i find my baby getting lower n lower, not sure other mummmies got such problem or not.

fitty,
re: testimonies
it is difficult to compare with his peers cos individual development is different lor.
but what we do observe is the change in him before and after attending the course. before his attention span is really short.. less than 5 mins. but few classes dwn the road, he is able to sit independantly on his own to piece puzzle (14-20 pcs) at 13mths old. before, he used to throw tantrums at the slightest mistake he made.. but now, he is constantly re-trying with more patience. we have oso seen flash memory improvement. this was done by showing him 5 cards initially (slowing increasing by 1 per week).. then put the card facing dwn, he is able to locate the card u ask for.

one thing i wud like to iterate is home training... as the lesson is only once a week. home training is impt. but it does not take long.. usu abt 15mins a day will do... for mothers who have more time, you can hv a few 15mins sessions per day.

mummyfaith, xman,
i will give the play yard a miss this time... can't decide out where to place it. probably get later or scout for smthg else.

fau,
u gg on a trip with dahlia... can u advise and gimme 'debrief' after your trip? we will be going on a family trip to HK on 14-18 April. cracking my brain on what is needed to bring, what to look out for etc since maegan is still young.
didnt bring #1 on a trip until he was 15mths old... no experience travelling with infant

Morning mummies

RE: Shichida
Think I will give this round a miss too. Will consider again when Caelen is about a year old
happy.gif
Now I can't even get him to sit still to read a book, can't imagine sitting thru lessons. My hubby was asking if there are evidence that after attending the classes, the kids outperform their peers in Secondary School or something hehee... he very practical one. Hmm...does Shichida provide such case study as promotion?

RE: Leapfrog
I bought from the spree but caelen doesn' know how to use it yet. Only keep trying to tear and eat the pages. Some of the pages are crumpled liao. I know it's supposed to be tear resistant but I don't wan to take the chance, so I ban him from the book :p Will try again maybe next month.

RE: Crawling, or lack of it...
Caelen can sit pretty steady already but no inclination to start crawling yet leh. Only the legs and hands waving up and down motion, followed by frustrated cry. He still doesn't appreciate being left on his tummy
sad.gif
And he figured that if he can't reach something, crying will usually get it for him so no need to learn to crawl *bleh*

I also love love it when he put out his arms for me to carry
happy.gif
And not just for "gai gai". He also seems closer to me now, think I rank number 2, after Grandma. Very xin wei
happy.gif
But no separation anxiety yet. But so far, we have not left him with strangers. Usually one of us will be with him. Is that why he still feels very secure?

Back